IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 360.
#1501 8 years ago

Stern doing a non licensed them?
You are dreaming.

#1502 8 years ago

Could be JJP #3?

#1503 8 years ago
Quoted from Alby87:

Hi Guys! Happy new year
I think that next pinball will not be a GB pinball, because a friend of mine working on Stern assembly line that's on vacation here in Sicily showed me pictures of some components to be assembled to the next pinball to be produced, and probably will be an original horror theme. There is a nice Ghost Car with bones and skulls, but not from any movie of the GB franchise, and an Ape with a fedora hat(?) that's probably a bash toy. He also said that all the art "leaked" online is probably fake, as the artist is late delivering the art.
Happy to see Stern doing original themes again, but really hoping the pinball after this one will be a Ghostbuster theme!
This not being a Ghostbuster theme is letting me down
Have a nice New Year's Eve

The art of misdirection!

#1504 8 years ago

Good one!

Ghostbusters_(resized).jpgGhostbusters_(resized).jpg

#1505 8 years ago
Quoted from CafeOne:

Good one!

Ghostbusters_(resized).jpg

Awesome.
lol.

#1506 8 years ago
Quoted from Alby87:

showed me pictures of some components to be assembled to the next pinball to be produced

Post it or it didn't happen

#1507 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It would be absolutely hilarious if the above post ended up being right.

Definitely. ^^
But I'm in doubt that Gary pays his assembly line workers well enough so they can afford an overseas vacation.

#1508 8 years ago

Well here are some super secret photos...looks like the guy is right...

tumblr_l1wrpmNlqq1qbj9xwo1_r1_500_(resized).jpgtumblr_l1wrpmNlqq1qbj9xwo1_r1_500_(resized).jpg

#1509 8 years ago

yesterday was a busy one and now quiet....

wonder if it will have a spot to add an Ecto
http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=ghostbusters%20diecast&rt=nc&LH_PrefLoc=2&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

just picked up a cartoon 1:64 version for the game given the translite was cartoonish.

#1510 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Why? So 3 people can see it? Is RGP even still functioning from Google?

Yes, you can even get help there as well based complex technical problems.
There has to be patience, as many of the original members only check the board once or twice a week.

#1511 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

yesterday was a busy one and now quiet....
wonder if it will have a spot to add an Ecto
http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=ghostbusters%20diecast&rt=nc&LH_PrefLoc=2&_trksid=p2045573.m1684
just picked up a cartoon 1:64 version for the game given the translite was cartoonish.

There will prob be an Ecto toy in there already.

#1512 8 years ago

The new LEGO ghostbusters firehouse is available now.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Firehouse-Headquarters-75827

#1513 8 years ago

I talked to a dist who talked to his rep for the area. Said no about GB but talked about comic version of SM. I do want GB to happen cause it would be a great theme for me to route (as long as pros have old movie art).

#1514 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

The new LEGO ghostbusters firehouse is available now.
http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Firehouse-Headquarters-75827

that is a cool set but not cheap, will save the dollars for the GB pin

Quoted from Chrizg:

I talked to a dist who talked to his rep for the area. Said no about GB but talked about comic version of SM. I do want GB to happen cause it would be a great theme for me to route (as long as pros have old movie art).

I emailed my dist and asked him to put me on the list and reply was thankyou.

#1515 8 years ago

Criizg, I'd find a new distributor then. Either they're lying to you or they aren't as in touch as other distributors.

#1516 8 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

Buy from a better distributor in the know

#1517 8 years ago

Is next week the reveal?

#1518 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Is next week the reveal?

CES is next week and they're on the exhibitors list.

#1520 8 years ago

is it in Jan, Feb, or March (waiting for a red and green apple confirmation)

is SMVE this week?

#1521 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

is SMVE this week?

Doubt anything is at CES besides promotion of existing titles, namely GoT (and probably TWD as they're the two most popular TV shows around).

Doubt Stern know for sure when GB will be shown first .. I'd guess later than Jan, Feb or March. People who should know have said it's not final, so it won't have been approved by rights holders .. that could take a while.

#1522 8 years ago

All prepared with the mods swinks?

www.ebay.com.au/itm/Pinball-Red-Ghostbusters-Plunger-Plate-Ghostbusters-Americas-Most-Haunted-/172047085170

#1523 8 years ago

that was just a sample to get one right for my game (so basically only one available), I am not going to produce them

#1524 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

is SMVE this week?

I'm hearing Feb. for Ghostbusters.

#1525 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1526 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Yup

image_(resized).jpeg

I love it. It's like a mic drop. And I'm Out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Popcorn ready.

#1527 8 years ago

Hell yeah!

#1528 8 years ago

This movie was never a real favorite of mine but all this hype has me interested for sure, cant wait for the reveal

#1529 8 years ago

I saw Stern Pinball listed as an exhibitor at the Unveil CES event on Monday. I'll would be surprised if they didn't show something new.

#1530 8 years ago

Thanks mnpinball for the neat updates and teases. Can't wait.

#1531 8 years ago

GB won't be at CES

#1532 8 years ago

Got my Gb pinball on preorder with Zax amusements

FB_IMG_1451798953682_(resized).jpgFB_IMG_1451798953682_(resized).jpg

#1534 8 years ago

Been to CES past 5 years...Stern has always promoted the last two pins and never announced or released a new title during the show. Assume KISS and GOT will be on the floor. If I get a chance I'll post if I see new code updates on either.

#1535 8 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

Been to CES past 5 years...Stern has always promoted the last two pins and never announced or released a new title during the show. Assume KISS and GOT will be on the floor. If I get a chance I'll post if I see new code updates on either.

Didn't Wrestlemania get released at CES 2015, to show off SPIKE? (not that I disagree with your core point, I think it will be GOT promotion, mostly this year at CES - a GB teaser video at best in January)

#1536 8 years ago
Quoted from visi0n:

Didn't Wrestlemania get released at CES 2015, to show off SPIKE?

Yes it did. Stern will feature their new color platform... Will it be on a GB? Perhaps not but something will be there in color - that's my guess.

#1537 8 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

but something will be there in color - that's my guess.

It would be nice if it were an HD color dmd. I could live with that.

#1538 8 years ago

They said at the Chicago factory tour that the color screen is coming this year for sure.. No better place to release than CES. No better game to feature on then GB... Yeah I know GB is still a stretch for this coming week but wouldn't it be nice

#1539 8 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Stern will feature their new color platform... Will it be on a GB? Perhaps not but something will be there in color - that's my guess.

Maybe with a SMvE? An established game, but with a "semi-retheme?" A color screen on a SMvE could be a potential "wow" factor with comic-book graphics.

In any event, to see Stern show up at CES with a color display would be tits; on ANY game. And I think it's appropriate. I mean the point of CES is for companies to show off new tech...

As far as the color display/DMD and Stern go, I liken the situation to how Apple would react with a competitor that comes out with something better than Apple currently offers; Stern (like Apple) has been in the business a LONG time, and they are going to make sure it's "right" before they officially release it. They never panic...

(Disclaimer: I don't know much about the SMvE edition, other than I hear it's release timeline is similar to GB, so I apologize in advance if I'm wrong. I'm just thinking out loud here.)

Chris

#1540 8 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Got my Gb pinball on preorder with Zax amusements
FB_IMG_1451798953682_(resized).jpg

Have they mentioned prices?

#1541 8 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Have they mentioned prices?

waiting on reply ...most sterns selling at $8100 plus freight for pro... Aussie dollar against us dollar a killer!

#1542 8 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

waiting on reply ...most sterns selling at $8100 plus freight for pro... Aussie dollar against us dollar a killer!

I would suggest someone needs to start a pinball company in Aus. but I'm not sure of the market there.

#1543 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I would suggest someone needs to start a pinball company in Aus. but I'm not sure of the market there.

That's exactly what HomePin did. They're still making their Thunderbirds pin (and moved the factory to China), but essentially it was/is an Aus company.

#1544 8 years ago

It's a Chinese company run by an Australian

#1545 8 years ago

Agreed, price is important. Lcd screens in smaller size are dirt cheap, Spike system is already in place, so with Stern jacking up prices for no obvious reasons every title, ( waaaay past rate of any inflation!), I'm hoping they won't tack on another $500 just cuz.

If people buy though, I'll be glad Stern is making money but I'll be out and gone. No matter what comes out. Resell value would be instant huge loss as soon as delivered. Loss is fine, but just thinking of losing 1/4 or more of nib price is cringe-worthy for me.

I'd have to own the pin for 20 years to get any value, and can only imagine OP's not even wanting Pro's at higher prices.

Again, wanting to be mistookena.

#1546 8 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

I don't know how you guys manage over there, if I had to pay that kind of money for a game I wouldn't be in this hobby.

#1547 8 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

It's a Chinese company run by an Australian

That's the way I understood it. They still have to cross an ocean to get there.

#1548 8 years ago

I hope Stern keeps the price the same even if they are including an LCD and a shaker motor. Somehow I doubt that though...If the rumors of an LCD being in Ghosbusters are true and a shaker motor is included with the LE then I would expect the game to cost $8000-$8500. If that's true I'm out, my limit is $7500 no matter how much I like a theme. I may have a chance to get an older Hobbit LE spot at $7500 so I really hope that GB LE prices are around that price.

#1549 8 years ago

Not counting SMVE the next 2 titles are still Dots i'm told, but LCD is coming. But also heard GB is LCD so until I see a pic it's speculation

#1550 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Not counting SMVE the next 2 titles are still Dots i'm told, but LCD is coming.

Any chance for colored dots before LCD hits? SMVE would be perfect for them!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 103.00
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.