IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 309 of 360.
#15401 7 years ago
Quoted from Elgringo:

Just picked up a GB this weekend and its a cracker. One thing I have noticed is that the flippers seem to be set ever so slightly shallower than on my other pins - is this normal across all GB's by design or do they just need a sligh manual tweak?

By design... they are aligned with the mid line of the flipper and guide... not the top edge of the flipper and guide.

#15402 7 years ago

How easy is it to replace T-Molding? Is a glue required or does it snap in?

#15403 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Today, I had the house to myself, and started in....First up, I had a switch to adjust.
Easy.
A couple Mods to install. The mirror mod for the lanes on top is fun, and works with the theme.
I used double sided tape instead of the instructions calling for cables disconnected and a more complex method included.
Added the slime green out lanes, Green Bands, and yes, the top side save post to keep the family interested in playing with me.

Looks awesome! Where did you get the slime green outlanes and bands?

#15404 7 years ago

Pinball Life for the Outlanes, and the Mirror, Flipper toppers, and more from Laseriffic.

The You have been slimed mode, is an all Green mode, that catches you by surprise, strictly in the light show....very cool!

#15405 7 years ago
Quoted from Elgringo:

I dont see much talk of strategy's for getting the big points or most consistent methods for tournament play. So, how are people playing the game??

I have been playing on location a fair bit and now have about 10 hours on my LE at home. I don't know the single best strategy for me yet, and what I do in competition is situational. Here is my too long thoughts.

1. If extra balls are on. Get a lot of extra balls. This approach I usually start with WBTD, chain into WGO the try to find finish HSM. If I drain, I'll move to spooked librarian. Next focus on SF and collecting ghosts to get to ghost extra ball. After this point, evaluate the situation and go for MH or WCWSWKIA as appropriate. Take Tobin's every chance you can, it awards EBs. 100-200M. Sometimes blow it up.

2. WCWSWKIA all day. Skill shit SL, move into BOM, worry about nothing else. Start the mode, craddle up and start cranking left ramps. Important, don't stack the mode with SF, don't want to worry about scolari brothers, or having the diverter activate (not sure what conditions will cause this). I fail at this often, but more likely to break 1B.

3. MH all day. Collect ghosts. During ball save hit ghost target. Focus on SF early, you can collect a lot of ghosts in it. Go for the safe ghost shots when the opportunity is there. Remember to save video mode for later if in tournament mode. Take 5X skill shot. Almost always fail to score big.

4. My competition approach (I am not too reliable). Take WBTD skillshot because it is easiest. During ball save bring out slimer and then hit the skill shot. Focus on captive ball until SF lit, then focus on completing modes. Make situational calls. If score is big, or a big bonus is held, take 5X skill shot, otherwise mode start.

#15406 7 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

2. WCWSWKIA all day. Skill shit

lol

thanks for the response though!

#15407 7 years ago
Quoted from Elgringo:

lol
thanks for the response though!

I am looking at the game and going WTFIHSATT?

Thanks!

#15408 7 years ago

beside France, any other european countrys got their Gb LE yet?

#15409 7 years ago

Any info on when the premiums will hit the factory line and start shipping?

#15410 7 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

How easy is it to replace T-Molding? Is a glue required or does it snap in?

Very easy, no glue, snap in, just cut out the inside for the corners so it lays down.

#15411 7 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

beside France, any other european countrys got their Gb LE yet?

I've seen some Italy and Germany arrivals.

#15412 7 years ago

I finally played my first few games of GB today. I was left with a 'meh' feeling because slimer was registering maybe 2 of 10 shots and the volume was down to "barely audible" levels... so it really killed it for me. The other thing was the air balls, holy crap there were so many. After watching so many videos I know it will be a pin that I will enjoy but first impressions were a killer.

#15413 7 years ago
Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

Any info on when the premiums will hit the factory line and start shipping?

From what I can tell most of the distributors we know on pinside have not received there gble games yet, so it's taking a to longer than normal to finish those ad get to the premiums

#15414 7 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I finally played my first few games of GB today. I was left with a 'meh' feeling because slimer was registering maybe 2 of 10 shots and the volume was down to "barely audible" levels... so it really killed it for me. The other thing was the air balls, holy crap there were so many. After watching so many videos I know it will be a pin that I will enjoy but first impressions were a killer.

Your right, Volume is so important on this game...it is a big part of the experience.

As is Slimer.....

I Put some good thought into the code as it is NIB, compared to other games, and as others get their Premiums....You Lucky Dogs!.....
How cool to help share some of the things we would like to see.
From user changes or controls on Linear or Non Linear, to the Obvious changes to another Multi Ball or Two, and more.
In that regard, it does feel more complete then the last titles over the last few years, but I also see the similarities between this and TWD or AC/DC.
So much Potential to come from code, because the shots are there, the Music is there, the art is there.
Part Simpsons Pinball party had a love child with The Walking Dead, with a splash of raising from Totan!

Its simply a great experience game, and an interesting comparison from non players compared to WOZ.
The themes, polarized non players more than anything else. GB the sound won out hands down.
Art was subjective, but everyone agreed that special magic of "one more game" was more present in GB than a completed
WOZ. Just different, I truly caress and Love my WOZ, but an interesting comparison was made by the regular people......

#15415 7 years ago

Hey guys, can you recommend a reputable online retailer to (pre-) order a premium from? Also, how do you feel about this as a first pin? I've played plenty of games while growing up but never considered owning a pin until recently. I'm pretty excited as I think I have my wife on-board.

#15416 7 years ago
Quoted from Trindle:

Hey guys, can you recommend a reputable online retailer to (pre-) order a premium from? Also, how do you feel about this as a first pin? I've played plenty of games while growing up but never considered owning a pin until recently. I'm pretty excited as I think I have my wife on-board.

Game exchange said on another thread he still has some
Premiums left for late July early August ... He is a good seller !

#15417 7 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

Very easy, no glue, snap in, just cut out the inside for the corners so it lays down.

Yup. Look at the old molding to see how the inside ridge is cut so it bends around the corners.

#15418 7 years ago
Quoted from Trindle:

I go with coin taker. Many good ones to choose from though.

#15419 7 years ago
Quoted from Trindle:

I'm pretty excited as I THINK I have my wife on-board.

Classic.
Good luck Brother.

#15420 7 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Classic.
Good luck Brother.

Hah, pulled the trigger. Better to ask for forgiveness, right?

#15421 7 years ago

So Slimer is definitely more reliable if he's hanging high rather than low. Problem is, there's no way to keep him from slipping lower if you pull him up that I can see. Anybody fiddled with his mech to keep him hanging high?

#15422 7 years ago
Quoted from Trindle:

I ordered a Premium from Colorado Game Exchange. A lot of peeps on Pinside recommended JJ. It was a toss up with Game Exchange and Tilt Amusements when I pre ordered in March. I ended up going with GE because of the email responses I received.

This one is going to be my 1st NIB. Looking forward to seeing it soon.

#15423 7 years ago
Quoted from Trindle:

I'm pretty excited as I think I have my wife on-board.

Don't worry about a retailer. If u got this, nothing else matters.

#15424 7 years ago

LE # 264 arrived today in Melbourne - Australia.
Build date 23 May and I've had it set up for a few hrs now.

A couple of dozen games in (did I mention I can't play for shit?) and I'm really impressed.
The "city under glass" is a really good way to describe how much detail is in there once you start looking for it.
Manga slings rock, it's a totally different feel to slings (no shit Sherlock) as they just move the ball around without even a slight vibration.
When the ball is heading toward the slings you are expecting the feel, sound and vibrational feedback of the kicker firing and there's just nothing.
The ball hits, there's a wicked sound effect and the ball fires off in a random direction.
It's unusual but really cool.
Ecto goggles are cool and fun to "blow up" the "ghost in the machine" (shout out to all the Police fans out there).
Ramps great, sound great, dots also great.
My Little Slimer is fully registering any and all hits and he only looks a little ungainly heading back to his resting posi above the city managing to smack into 2 or 3 edges of various buildings on the way...

So there you go a clearly biased quick review from a self confessed crap pinball player.
You're welcome

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#15425 7 years ago
Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

LE # 264 arrived today in Melbourne - Australia.
Build date 23 May and I've had it set up for a few hrs now.
A couple of dozen games in (did I mention I can't play for shit?) and I'm really impressed.
The "city under glass" is a really good way to describe how much detail is in there once you start looking for it.
Manga slings rock, it's a totally different feel to slings (no shit Sherlock) as they just move the ball around without even a slight vibration.
When the ball is heading toward the slings you are expecting the feel, sound and vibrational feedback of the kicker firing and there's just nothing.
The ball hits, there's a wicked sound effect and the ball fires off in a random direction.
It's unusual but really cool.
Ecto goggles are cool and fun to "blow up" the "ghost in the machine" (shout out to all the Police fans out there).
Ramps great, sound great, dots also great.
My Little Slimer is fully registering any and all hits and he only looks a little ungainly heading back to his resting posi above the city managing to smack into 2 or 3 edges of various buildings on the way...
So there you go a clearly biased quick review from a self confessed crap pinball player.
You're welcome

#15426 7 years ago

I don't know if this has been discussed but how does the flipper gap compare to some of his other newer games such as wrestlemania and mustang?

#15427 7 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

I don't know if this has been discussed but how does the flipper gap compare to some of his other newer games such as wrestlemania and mustang?

The same. No one noticed until Ghostbusters, and then it became an issue.

#15428 7 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

Well it seems it is the standard JT gap length. Some believe it SEEMS more drastic because of the speed of GB; which is much faster than other JT games.

#15429 7 years ago

Yes thank you. I am on the fence with this game, one con being the flipper gap. I have to be honest though and say that it never bothered me in wrestlemania or mustang. So it's the same distance as the other two games then?

#15430 7 years ago

The flipper gap isn't the part that's going to frustrate a mid level + player on this machine. It's not that bad

#15431 7 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

Yes thank you. I am on the fence with this game, one con being the flipper gap. I have to be honest though and say that it never bothered me in wrestlemania or mustang. So it's the same distance as the other two games then?

That's the only thing that's holding you back you could always add the longer flippers. It's your game and you could always switch it back when you sell it

#15432 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

The same. No one noticed until Ghostbusters, and then it became an issue.

That's because nobody played Wrestlemania! Also, I think GB just has a lot of long, vertical shots, which can amplify the effect of the gap. You get used to it but it can be frustrating, especially if the game isn't level.

#15433 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

That's because nobody played Wrestlemania! Also, I think GB just has a lot of long, vertical shots, which can amplify the effect of the gap. You get used to it but it can be frustrating, especially if the game isn't level.

I just haven't noticed it when I've played the game.

#15434 7 years ago

I didn't notice it with mustang or WWE

#15435 7 years ago

I never noticed it on JD until pointed out now I realize why I enjoy the game a little more but others absolutely hate it

#15436 7 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

It's because of the layout and rules. GB is the only game of these 3 where the modes are linear and require completion to see the others...so you really notice how bad it's killing you because it's preventing you from advancing. Wrestlemania, you can pick any wrestler you want to fight, and Mustang you can pick any mode you want...so they don't have that punish & repetition factor that GB can have when it's killing you. Well, one might argue that just having to play Wrestlemania is punishment...OOOOOOH!!!!

#15437 7 years ago

Wrestlemania is not a good game. It's fine to screw around with at a show or on location, but I'd feel pretty burned if I had bought one brand new. Mustang is fantastic, however. I'm still hoping to pick one up at some point.

I don't think the flipper gap "issue" sprang up on Ghostbusters due to its difficulty. People were freaking out about it BEFORE it released. It became an issue because we had to wait so blasted long to get the game that we had to fight about something, and that became the lightning rod of discussion.

It's honestly a non-issue. When you drain in GB, it's usually a hard drain to the side or SDTM dead center. Once in a while you'll see a drain where closer flippers would have saved you, but when you drain hard off the Slimer target, you know it was gone no matter what.

The times when the gap seems to burn you most is when you get a drain from the pops. When the ball exits the left side, you better be nudging and ready to save. I wish there was a small one-way gate to divert the ball off center coming from that side of the pops as well.

#15438 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I don't think the flipper gap "issue" sprang up on Ghostbusters due to its difficulty. People were freaking out about it BEFORE it released. It became an issue because we had to wait so blasted long to get the game that we had to fight about something, and that became the lightning rod of discussion.
It's honestly a non-issue.

That's an interesting theory, and may be true overall; but it def seems bigger to me and I'm not on the sheep train.

Oh shit...or am I?!

#15439 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's an interesting theory, and may be true overall; but it def seems bigger to me and I'm not on the sheep train.
Oh shit...or am I?!

Haha, no. I mean, that's when it all blew up, but I legit believe that people might be bugged by them in practice, not just theory.

#15440 7 years ago

It's because Ghostbusters is a big SDTM drainer. The other games aren't. So the gap is more noticeable.

#15441 7 years ago

Man, I know it's been said before, but I really wish stern would put a LITTLE more effort into incorporating that LE "plaque". I also know that saving money is the name of the game at stern but when customers are paying top dollar for these machines you would think they could something nicer. It looks like such an afterthought.

#15442 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Mustang is fantastic, however.

Super fun pin, and probably the most underrated Stern pin of the last 3 years.

#15443 7 years ago

OK guys I just took some measurement comparing the gap of Mustang and GB. The gap is 3/8 inch wider then Mustang, part of that is because the angle of the flippers is less then GB. On Mustang it's easier to cradle the ball then GB because of that. If I moved the GB flippers up to the same angle of the Mustangs flippers and the GB gap is still 1/8 inch wider. If anyone has a Mustang and GB check it out so I can get confirmation.

The bb wrench was lined up with both inlane guides. So GB has a killer gap for sure.

Mustang
IMGA0620[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0620[1]_(resized).JPG

GB
IMGA0618[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0618[1]_(resized).JPG

#15444 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

OK guys I just took some measurement comparing the gap of Mustang and GB. The gap is 3/8 inch wider then Mustang, part of that is because the angle of the flippers is less then GB. On Mustang it's easier to cradle the ball then GB because of that. If I moved the GB flippers up to the same angle of Mustangs flippers the GB gap is still 1/8 inch wider. If anyone has a Mustang and GB check it out so I can get confirmation.
GB

Mustang

That's an interesting ruler you have there Stang!

#15445 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

OK guys I just took some measurement comparing the gap of Mustang and GB. The gap is 3/8 inch wider then Mustang, part of that is because the angle of the flippers is less then GB. On Mustang it's easier to cradle the ball then GB because of that. If I moved the GB flippers up to the same angle of the Mustangs flippers and the GB gap is still 1/8 inch wider. If anyone has a Mustang and GB check it out so I can get confirmation.
The bb wrench was lined up with both inlane guides. So GB has a killer gap for sure.

Some people who got the Pros said they changed the flipper angle to be like most modern games (even with the guide), but then changed it back as they realized the game was designed for the lower angle flippers. Has anyone changed them to be even and left them that way? Does it make any of the "off to the side" shots like the gear standups or Library captive ball too hard to hit?

What about those who put on carrot flippers? Did you leave them at the factory angle or line them up w/ the guide?

#15446 7 years ago

I can't believe the flipper gap is still such a hot topic... I get it, many of you guys hate variety and hate challenge. But, back in the day there was variety in the lower playfield, including REAL flipper gaps.

uvfg_(resized).jpguvfg_(resized).jpg

pgfg_(resized).jpgpgfg_(resized).jpg

#15447 7 years ago

Just got a call today. Marco just got in some Pro models.
Surprised me they were still making some Pros right now.
Mine ships out tomorrow.

#15448 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Mustang

GB

Is the gap measured when the flippers are lifted up by hand till they are in parallel, then from tip to tip. This is the smallest the gap gets before you cant make contact with the ball I'd assume.

#15449 7 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I can't believe the flipper gap is still such a hot topic...But, back in the day...

you realize "back in the day" to 90% of these people now is 2004 right?

EDIT:

Quoted from Rarehero:

If your only goal is making a chime go "ding", it could have a 10 foot gap!

This is the average person these days...sad.

#15450 7 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I can't believe the flipper gap is still such a hot topic... I get it, many of you guys hate variety and hate challenge. But, back in the day there was variety in the lower playfield, including REAL flipper gaps.

You're comparing ancient games to modern games. Context is important. Those games didn't have modes or a story you were trying to progress through. If your only goal is making a chime go "ding", it could have a 10 foot gap!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

15,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 49.95
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 103.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 309 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/309?hl=steveman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.