• Premium 424 votes
    45%
  • LE 213 votes
    23%
  • Only if they offer one with the female Ghostbusetrs. 97 votes
    10%

(940 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,803 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pic7 (resized).jpg
pic5 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170602_135331 (resized).jpg
flipper alignment 3 (resized).jpg
gb flipper alignment (resized).jpg
image2 (resized).JPG
IMGA0088 (resized).JPG
IMGA0087 (resized).JPG
terrordogs (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 17975 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 360.
#101 4 years ago

"On a mountain of skulls in the Castle of Pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be again, what is will be no more!"

#102 4 years ago

Yes, it's true. This man has no dick.

#103 4 years ago

I'm loving the think tank on this one. So many awesome ideas.

#104 4 years ago

Since we're just speculating here; I'd like to officially submit this post now in prediction, to be drug out in ceremonious "I told you so" fashion once said prediction comes true or to be intentionally buried and never spoken of again in the event it does not, that Stern's Ghostbusters PRO will be based on the new all-female reboot and the Ghostbusters LE will be based on the 1984 original film.

I hope I'm wrong.

#105 4 years ago
Quoted from Marty_Graw77:

Since we're just speculating here; I'd like to officially submit this post now in prediction, to be drug out in ceremonious "I told you so" fashion once said prediction comes true or to be intentionally buried and never spoken of again in the event it does not, that Stern's Ghostbusters PRO will be based on the new all-female reboot and the Ghostbusters LE will be based on the 1984 original film.
I hope I'm wrong.

No, this is coming out months before the new movie. It is not related.

#106 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I don't like the GB film period.

We get it. You don't need to keep reminding us in every Ghostbusters thread...you're embarrassing yourself.

#107 4 years ago

I hope I'm wrong.

You're absolutely wrong. Ghostbusters Reboot doesn't come out till next summer.

This means 3 things:
-Stern won't have access to any of the footage
-No one knows if it's any good
-No one has any built in nostalgia for it.

Original Ghostbusters is a sure thing that people love. Please end all speculation of the pin having anything to do with the reboot.

#108 4 years ago

Ghostbusters PRO will be based on the new all-female reboot and the Ghostbusters LE will be based on the 1984 original film.
I hope I'm wrong.

Have they ever done such a thing? Have a pro based on one thing and an LE based on another?

#109 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Have they ever done such a thing? Have a pro based on one thing and an LE based on another?

WWE. Pro = current wrestlers, LE = Legends of Wrestling.

Strangely enough Mustang Premium had all Boss cars on the playfield, while Pro and LE had the same PF cars/art.

#110 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Hard to know what's needed when you're in that little booth.

Custom callouts weren't needed for ST, it is loaded with movie quotes and nothing more was required, that was done in a very sad attempt to get buyers for the pin. Its rare anyway that callouts are done well, LOTR's is an exception for sure but Met, TWD and most others are just plain sad.

#111 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

We get it. You don't need to keep reminding us in every Ghostbusters thread...you're embarrassing yourself.

Funny, because I don't feel even slightly embarrassed.

By the way, I don't like GB as a movie.

#112 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Funny, because I don't feel even slightly embarrassed.

By the way, I don't like GB as a movie.

Ghostbusters is a popular theme. Have you seen the new Ghostbusters slot machine?... Saw it in Vegas, pretty cool.

Side note: I like Ghostbusters

#113 4 years ago

I'm just glad we got our AMH game done and dusted before having to go up against a Stern GB.

#114 4 years ago
Quoted from bigbadmiker:

Ghostbusters is a popular theme.

Never claimed otherwise.

#115 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I'm just glad we got our AMH game done and dusted before having to go up against a Stern GB.

Ben, not gonna lie. My next game will likely be RZ or GB depending on art, layout, etc. I'm excited either way!

#116 4 years ago

I would rather have a Conehead's pinball, I like GB's 1 and 2 but my favorite parts seem to be all about this guy.

46.jpg

ghostbust-209c1.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

#117 4 years ago

Global box office revenue alone:

GHOSTBUSTERS = $295M (#1 PG-rated movie in '84)
GHOSTBUSTERS II = $215M (47% foreign)

#118 4 years ago

I actually know a few people "that know a few people" and they've told me it's not GS, but HD that'll be coming out next. Both 1984, a horrible year for movies, so that's probably were people getting mixed up.
What the fuck is a Chinese downhill indeed ! (#17 rated R movie of 1984)

HDTM.jpg

#119 4 years ago

Not sure how Hot Dog the pin would do, but great F***ing movie!

#120 4 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

All upscaling does is make the older content look the best it can on a newer display. It's doesn't create bits that aren't there. When we see true 4K Blu-Rays, with their higher bitrate and the new High Dynamic Range (HDR) and Wide Color Gamut (WCG), we're all going to be blown away.
I'm personally looking forward to a 4K Ben-Hur.

UHD is getting ready to finally get content this Christmas. Thats great. I never understood why ppl were buying 4K tvs for the last few years. 4k is a resolution, not a spec. The color space is still REC. 709, Standard Dynamic Range, 4:2:0 subsampling. Now a UHD tv is a different story. There is a standard there. Rememer, all UHD tv's are 4K, but not all 4K tv's are UHD. They still aren't ready yet though...wait a year. Then the UHD tv's will have the ability to do High Dynamic Range, Wide Color gamut (colorspace BT.2020) and 4:2:0 subsampling but maybe a better tv can do 4:2:2:or 4:4:4 in addition to the 4k resolution. Not every UHD tv in 2015 will have all the standards because they aren't required till 2017 at the earliest.

#121 4 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

That's no trapdoor, its a GB backpack!
backpack_01.jpg

Another cool concept, love your work.

I wonder if another way to have a 2nd playfield using this concept is that 2 flippers are already in a elevated position and only activate when the playfield lifts up and then your concept could be used in 3 ways:
- 1 ramp entrance at the top centre
- a ball lock say on the top lhs
- then backpack mini playfield activated by a ball lock on the top rhs. the backpack then lifts up to where the upper flippers are waiting for the playfield to come into play.

When the playfield lifts up the 2 ball locks and one ramp entrance become beam targets

#122 4 years ago
Quoted from bigbadmiker:

Ghostbusters is a popular theme. Have you seen the new Ghostbusters slot machine?... Saw it in Vegas, pretty cool.
Side note: I like Ghostbusters

Yeah I played the ghostbusters slot machine in Vegas last time I was there, it was pretty awesome. I didnt mind it eating $20 of mine.

#123 4 years ago

GB slot machine is pretty cool.

TWD slot came and went quickly. Absolutely awful! Aristocrat machine.

#124 4 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Old movies sort of suck and look majorly dated.

Some old movies are holding up a lot better than some of the old fart rock bands out there.

#125 4 years ago
Quoted from Kcbbq13:

Not sure how Hot Dog the pin would do, but great F***ing movie!

They practically made it already!

Hot Doggin

#126 4 years ago

I wouldn't mind comic-style artwork...

ghostbusters_2_page_16_by_luisdelgado-d4cmni5.jpg

#127 4 years ago
Quoted from Roo:

I wouldn't mind comic-style artwork...

ghostbusters_2_page_16_by_luisdelgado-d4cmni5.jpg

+ 1 million on this!!

I have to think that this is a strong possibility too, since the rumor is that ZombieYeti is doing the artwork.

This would be fantastic if this happens. I would seriously consider getting on board if GB is done in this manner, without artwork from the movie. I don't need Bill Murray on the cabinet, pf, or backglass.

#128 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I don't like the GB film period. Even if it were released last week, it wouldn't be a theme I'd like on a pin.
Like any pin ever released, regardless of theme, it could wind up being a great player. Rumor is that ZombieYeti will be doing the artwork, which will make a huge difference. And it is rumored that it will have an LCD. Those two things excite me. The fact that it will be used on a GB does not.
I just really hope that the super annoying theme song is not used in the pin.

How would you feel if someone acted like you are in the Alien thread?

#129 4 years ago

"wife wanted decorations for the new baby room, nailed it!"
ZpnEhyL[1].jpg

I agree GB2 had a lot more cheesiness to it, but at the same it had some nice darkness to it
* vigo is trying to take over the body of a newborn
* the city is being overrun by slime created by hatred

#130 4 years ago

I liked both the movies. Always be classics in my mind.

#131 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

+ 1 million on this!!
I have to think that this is a strong possibility too, since the rumor is that ZombieYeti is doing the artwork.
This would be fantastic if this happens. I would seriously consider getting on board if GB is done in this manner, without artwork from the movie. I don't need Bill Murray on the cabinet, pf, or backglass.

I've enjoyed the comic books they've put out and playfield art like that would be awesome. But I think you have to have some connection to the movie. For me, it would be callouts, music, and if LCD then scenes from the movies but all of the art could be comic book style and I would be extremely happy.

#132 4 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I've enjoyed the comic books they've put out and playfield art like that would be awesome. But I think you have to have some connection to the movie. For me, it would be callouts, music, and if LCD then scenes from the movies but all of the art could be comic book style and I would be extremely happy.

If the artwork is based on comics and they don't use the theme song, I will be able to look past the fact that I don't care for the movies if it also plays good.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:How would you feel if someone acted like you are in the Alien thread?

Easily butthurt, aren't you?

#133 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

they don't use the theme song

Not a chance. Absolutely iconic and tied to the license.

#134 4 years ago

Next stern is Jimi Hendrix. Sterns daughter said it on the Deadflip stream.

#135 4 years ago

He is Vigo!!

#136 4 years ago

Anybody remember these bad boys from Hardee's? I've used the white one since 1989! Only had to replace the batteries once in 2010!

The black one is sealed and will stay that way.

IMG_0025.jpg

#137 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Not a chance. Absolutely iconic and tied to the license.

Bummer.

#138 4 years ago

Ghostbusters II is not stupid. It's not as good as the original, but it has plenty of moments that would incorporate into a pinball game.
Blasting "Higher and Higher" during a Statue of Liberty mode would be freaking awesome!!!!

It just goes to show how everyone thinks and likes different things. I thought the whole statue of liberty and "New Yorkers get the love vibe on" to drive off the evil was the biggest load of drivel garbage. Sorry man, but in reality when someone stands on a ledge in NY the crowd screams JUMP JUMP hoping for a YouTube moment.

#139 4 years ago

GBII was pretty bad. Hard to follow up the first, but impossible to take on it's own.

#140 4 years ago

That's it, I'm ordering my first...Lego set (as an adult). I still can't afford a NIB no matter how cool the theme.

download.jpg

PS:

I'm not going to lie, I like the movie Alien, but I like it just a little bit less every time you post.

#141 4 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

It just goes to show how everyone thinks and likes different things. I thought the whole statue of liberty and "New Yorkers get the love vibe on" to drive off the evil was the biggest load of drivel garbage. Sorry man, but in reality when someone stands on a ledge in NY the crowd screams JUMP JUMP hoping for a YouTube moment.

It's not your fault.....you're dead inside.

#142 4 years ago

As an obsessive non-fan, your opinion carries no value. F off and leave the thread.

#143 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

GBII was pretty bad. Hard to follow up the first, but impossible to take on it's own.

You need to be covered with positively charged slime.

#144 4 years ago

You need to be covered with positively charged slime.

Well i just pumped a load in my wife, guess it didn;t work

#145 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

As an obsessive non-fan, your opinion carries no value. F off and leave the thread.

You know me better than that. The more you say shit like that, the more I will keep reposting about the fact that I don't like the movie(s)...and that the theme song sucks ass!

Seriously, that theme song would grate on my nerves worse than some of the sounds in WOZ, including the stupid witch.

Please reply to this post, so I can keep going.

#146 4 years ago

It's not your fault.....you're dead inside.

Must be nice to still be brainwashed by public service announcements. But when you grow up you stop being stupid and realize what is going on around you. Dreams of unicorns and rainbows wash away. Remember the reason the river of negatively changed ooze started in the first place.

#147 4 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Must be nice to still be brainwashed by public service announcements. But when you grow up you stop being stupid and realize what is going on around you. Dreams of unicorns and rainbows wash away. Remember the reason the river of negatively changed ooze started in the first place.

Public service announcements? Make sense, or leave.

#148 4 years ago

Public service announcements? Make sense, or leave.

Is that an order? You seem a bit hostile. Careful or you will make an evil slime flow.

#149 4 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Is that an order? You seem a bit hostile. Careful or you will make an evil slime flow.

And just like that you've been Iggyed!

#150 4 years ago

And just like that you've been Iggyed!

I never realized the fact that I didn't like GB-2 would be such a sensitive issue. I guess you hate the critics and the 99% also?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
Machine - For Sale
Clearwater, FL
$ 34.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Parsippany, NJ
Playfield - Plastics
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Meph's Mods
There are 17975 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 360.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside