IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 298 of 360.
#14851 7 years ago
Quoted from LadySlingshot:

Curious, has anyone in on a Premium / LE canceled due to the delay / insert issue?

I grabbed a ST Premium instead because it was in stock. Will most likely grab a GB Premium next year after all of this has blown over. Just got tired of waiting.

#14852 7 years ago

Normally a container of LE arrives today in france , wait and see

#14853 7 years ago

They should have a live stream of their factory floor on their website.

#14854 7 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

I grabbed a ST Premium instead because it was in stock. Will most likely grab a GB Premium next year after all of this has blown over. Just got tired of waiting.

Sounds like a good plan. Buying a premium once the code is done sounds like the best approach. You can avoid the wait. You can see how it plays. You can hear what others who own think. All positives. Going in before it's out seems like the more risky move. Enjoy that ST Premium! It's a magical pin.

#14855 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I can't seem to find the topper vid....is it unlisted?

Hey man!
Yes … it is "unlisted."

Here is the topper unboxing:

And the recent Blades / Armor unboxing:

#14856 7 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

I did the same and what a great pin! I am still in line for the LE but I got sick of waiting and needed a fix. This has been a good marketing ploy for them People are buying more in stock machines.

#14857 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It sounds like the Australia games will be arriving first. What was the quote? Two more weeks on the boat?

the boat in Panama now arriving new zealand in 2 weeks time

#14858 7 years ago
Quoted from LadySlingshot:

Curious, has anyone in on a Premium / LE canceled due to the delay / insert issue?

No. I figured it would be a long wait for my Premium. I added a TWD Pro two months ago to my collection and I'm having a blast with it. My mantra is that GB will arrive when it arrives. Though, it would be great if Stern was a little bit more forthcoming with a target date other than giving us its boiler plate "contact your distributor for information" reply. My distributor said yesterday that Stern's target shipping date for the Premiums is July.

#14859 7 years ago

During the wait I picked up a Meteor and I made a deal on a couple of wedgeheads. It's pinball life as normal while I wait, but now that the game is fully paid off, I am bugged that there's no reliable estimate of when to actually expect the game to ship.

#14860 7 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

GB is the best new stern pin I've played in at least 10 years.

So somehow you missed POTC, FGY, SM, IM, Tron, ACDC, and Met?

#14861 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'd pass on FGY and tron

#14862 7 years ago

POTC is lame. FGY is decent, not great. SM, IM, AC/DC, and Tron are all fantastic. MET is good, but I think I already like GB more. GB definitely sits high on the list.

#14863 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

I'd pass on FGY and tron

Your loss.

#14864 7 years ago

Just because you animate the show doesn't mean the pin is any good.

#14865 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

It's a fantastic Pat Lawlor design with great code by Keith Johnson. The last thing I want to see when I get home is anything FGY related...but I'll still play the pin - that's a testament to what a great game it is. I still feel that it's one of Stern's most "Williams" feeling builds...shoots great, features are great, toys are great, sound package is great, code is great...and COMPLETE

Anyway - getting off topic...point is - Stern has had plenty of great games during the past decade.

#14866 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Of that list, I've played them all and the only two I like are TRON and MET, and now GB. Obviously it's all subjective - plenty of people like different stuff, so YOUR opinion doesn't change HIS and you shouldn't present it as FACT.

#14867 7 years ago

A thread eject warning has been issued

#14868 7 years ago

You guys think you have it bad with the wait? I am not even on the first wave of premiums. I am a little late for the party but who knows what other QA issues happen as they units are played over time. I am envious of the folks that have the patience to sit and wait a year.

#14869 7 years ago
Quoted from DBLDN11:

You guys think you have it bad with the wait? I am not even on the first wave of premiums. I am a little late for the party but who knows what other QA issues happen as they units are played over time. I am envious of the folks that have the patience to sit and wait a year.

It really hasn't been that bad of a wait (yes, I want the damn thing now!!). I'm willing to bet 9 out of 10 people here would say take another month or two and get it right. Verse just give me my game now and if it has issues I'll deal with it! I think the ghosting issue has been blown out of proportion and it's not like it's effecting every other pin rolling off the line. I have a feeling most of these are smaller isolated incidents. I have faith that Stern will make it right for those people and do what they need to fix this problem. As for this taking a year... it won't be that long. In a month or two people will have their games and we will be talking about how the flippers on GB are the most bastardized thing on this game...

#14870 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

That's true, but luckily the pin is really fantastic.

PS He's a director, not an animator.

#14871 7 years ago

I spoke to my Distro today... he said Prem's coming late July.

#14872 7 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I spoke to my Distro today... he said Prem's coming late July.

Unfortunately, it seems to change weekly. One day sooner than later they will arrive!

#14873 7 years ago

Ok, let's make a gentlemans agreement here- no more posting what their distributors say. Stern doesn't tell them shit, and they are pretty much just guessing at this point. Wouldn't surprise me if they are just relaying crap they read here on Pinside either. Stern needs to communicate better, who knows when they will ship to be honest. Could be until Aug/Sep at this rate.

Stern definitely had no problem telling the distributors to pay in full for their machines and ask us all to send cash, but they sure as hell won't tell them anything else. Their marketing people would make great bill collectors though

#14874 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I agree on all of those - and I'd add GOT LE/Prem.

#14875 7 years ago

I've been waiting since first week of January,for 4 sheets of PDI glass,no word on that yet either!!

#14876 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

I've been waiting since first week of January,for 4 sheets of PDI glass,no word on that yet either!!

I gave up on PDI glass and went with Invisiglass. Cheaper, ships next day, and just as good as PDI. I've seen them next to each other and I have 20/15 eyesight (thanks to LASIK) and couldn't tell the difference. But I sure as hell saw the price difference and how quickly my tracking number was emailed to me

#14877 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I gave up on PDI glass and went with Invisiglass. Cheaper, ships next day, and just as good as PDI. I've seen them next to each other and I have 20/15 eyesight (thanks to LASIK) and couldn't tell the difference. But I sure as hell saw the price difference and how quickly my tracking number was emailed to me

Oops. Time to schedule a follow-up with the eye doctor.

#14878 7 years ago

I've been waiting since November for my PDI glass. If mine doesn't arrive with this next shipment, I'm gonna cancel my order and just drive to JJP to pick some up.

#14879 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

#14880 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I've been waiting since November for my PDI glass. If mine doesn't arrive with this next shipment, I'm gonna cancel my order and just drive to JJP to pick some up.

I might have one to sell you in a few weeks if you want to save some cash. Or if you're going to Pintastic, I think they'll be selling some there, perhaps a little cheaper.

#14881 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

» YouTube video

I've seen that video a couple of times, there just isn't a noticeable difference like that video shows when actually on a machine in real life. There's literally no difference.

#14882 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I've seen that video a couple of times, there just isn't a noticeable difference like that video shows when actually on a machine in real life. There's literally no difference.

In my game room, with my pins beneath ceiling lights, there was so much of a difference that my wife thought the invisiglass and regular glass were both the same thing. The PDI game looked like it had no glass on it.

Just last week, she looked at my AFM with PDI and said, "There's no glass on this?" and couldn't believe it when she saw there was.

#14883 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

In my game room, with my pins beneath ceiling lights, there was so much of a difference that my wife thought the invisiglass and regular glass were both the same thing. The PDI game looked like it had no glass on it.
Just last week, she looked at my AFM with PDI and said, "There's no glass on this?" and couldn't believe it when she saw there was.

that's crazy because invisiglass looks like there's no glass to me. I literally saw them next to each other and couldn't tell the difference, but to say you saw since a huge difference is just crazy to me. You sure that u were comparing to JJP's Invisiglass and not something else ???

#14884 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I have both right beside one another and there isnt really any noticeable difference when the pons are one and im very happy with both products. I do like the smooth and rounded edges on the pdi glass tho

#14885 7 years ago

I know this probably wont help much but one pin has invisaglass and other has pdi.... i dont see any noticeable difference. I have 3 pieces of invisaglass and 4 of pdi and both are great and huge improvement over original glass. 20160623_224340_(resized).jpg20160623_224340_(resized).jpg20160623_224350_(resized).jpg20160623_224350_(resized).jpg20160623_224409_(resized).jpg20160623_224409_(resized).jpg20160623_224458_(resized).jpg20160623_224458_(resized).jpg

#14886 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

that's crazy because invisiglass looks like there's no glass to me. I literally saw them next to each other and couldn't tell the difference, but to say you saw since a huge difference is just crazy to me. You sure that u were comparing to JJP's Invisiglass and not something else ???

Yeah...in hindsight, I wish I'd just taken some footage of it at the time. There was one time when I had three machines side by side. One invisiglass (WOZ), one regular glass (congo), and one with PDI (LOTR). What I said actually happened, and because of comments like that from my wife and other people who visit, my machines now all have PDI.

#14887 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I have both and can definitely see the difference. I prefer PDI, but when Invisiglass is on sale, I have bought it and been satisfied. Just not to quite as good as the PDI to me.

#14888 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I have both and can definitely see the difference. I prefer PDI, but when Invisiglass is on sale, I have bought it and been satisfied. Just not to quite as good as the PDI to me.

I'm glad I'm just fine with regular glass. A few times people have come over and asked me if my games had invisiglass. I'm like "nope...jut Windex"

#14889 7 years ago

Eleven minutes of the Ghostbusters LE embarrassing me at SFGE a few weeks ago.
Beautiful game, though.

#14890 7 years ago

Today's Stern live factory stream just showed both LE and premiums on the line. Seeing domestic coin doors on the LE's also. =)

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/10154264664769244/

#14891 7 years ago
Quoted from joelreeves:

Eleven minutes of the Ghostbusters LE embarrassing me at SFGE a few weeks ago.
Beautiful game, though.
» YouTube video

How nice

Ball stuck up there in the bent wireform

Such BS they haven't fixed this shit!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#14892 7 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Today's Stern live factory stream just showed both LE and premiums on the line. Seeing domestic coin doors on the LE's also. =)
https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/10154264664769244/

What a bunch of Smug A-holes, honestly. All these delays and still no explanation as to why really. Just a cute little video of how the factory is running and Ghostbusters are being "made". Kind of over Stern at the moment. Hope they are happy pissing off their customers that have kept them in business for years and supported them like myself cause right now really not digging their vibe.

#14893 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

What a bunch of Smug A-holes, honestly. All these delays and still no explanation as to why really. Just a cute little video of how the factory is running and Ghostbusters are being "made". Kind of over Stern at the moment. Hope they are happy pissing off their customers that have kept them in business for years and supported them like myself cause right now really not digging their vibe.

Completely agree.

#14894 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Yea, as much as I like seeing the games finally on the line, I still stand by my earlier statements that they need to find a way to communicate better. They are going to get crucified either way, but they could at least eliminate a lot of guessing and rumors that do nothing to help their reputation. First thing I would do is to fire that smart-ass that administers their Facebook page, and maybe put out a weekly statement or a very broad schedule of some sort that they update occasionally. There is no real competition....yet.....so they really don't have that point to worry about.

#14895 7 years ago

Got notice today:

I don't have an exact time yet but GB LE is "supposed" to be next week and the Premiums will follow after that. If you haven't sent in your remainder now is the time to do it to avoid delays in shipping.

So there you have it. Not confidence from the distributor but stay tuned

#14896 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I just put a machine with standard glass next to the Hobbit. After playing the machine with standard glass my wife tried to touch the playfield on the Hobbit and was surprised when her fingers hit the glass.

#14897 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Simple answer -> Don't pre-order games if you can't stand delays.

#14898 7 years ago
Quoted from yoyokopter:

Normally a container of LE arrives today in france , wait and see

And? Did it arrive?

#14899 7 years ago
Quoted from Bramvk:

And? Did it arrive?

Yes, they will be ready to be shipped this tues/wed

#14900 7 years ago

Could it be they are redoing all LEs on new play fields ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 298 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/298 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.