IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 360.
#1401 8 years ago

Love reading about the passion, creativity, anticipation, and speculation regarding this game.

Anyone that doesn't want to participate obviously does not have to view this thread.

#1402 8 years ago

Regarding the "if ___ isn't doing the code I am out" comments - I would not worry AT ALL. This game is certainly in the "too big to fail" category. Regardless of who is named lead programer, I would expect a team effort at Stern to get this one out of the gates quickly and playing great.

#1403 8 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

BD Designs, based on your knowledge is the Stay Puft Marshmellow man just a background toy/mold that does not interact with the ball ?

That's a good question. I don't know anymore about that toy than what can be seen in that rendering. My initial thought was that he'll just be a background toy and won't interact with the ball, but I am curious if his left arm might be used to knock the ball off the ramp. It seems like the building plastics in front were very carefully designed so he could be seen and/or interact with the ball.

But I might be reading too much into that. Honestly, I'm just glad that he is indeed a sculpted toy and that he isn't a huge bash toy in the center of the playfield. The upper right corner is a great spot for him and I love how he's going to linger behind the building plastics that give him a sense of scale.

#1404 8 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Regarding the "if __ isn't doing the code I am out" comments - I would not worry AT ALL. This game is certainly in the "too big to fail" category. Regardless of who is named lead programer, I would expect a team effort at Stern to get this one out of the gates quickly and playing great.

you could say lots of past titles were in "too big to fail" category... I hope you are right but I would not expect that.

#1405 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you could say lots of past titles were in "too big to fail" category... I hope you are right but I would not expect that.

Exactly - who would have thought Avengers would still be aching for a decent code package. It all depends on how well the game sells.

#1406 8 years ago
Quoted from visi0n:

See.. now I have to buy this pin just to change the rom so that this plays during whatever Wizard Mode or hard-to-achieve multiball might exist.

When I posted this video I said the exact same thing to my brother.

#1407 8 years ago
Quoted from visi0n:

See.. now I have to buy this pin just to change the rom so that this plays during whatever Wizard Mode or hard-to-achieve multiball might exist.

When I posted this video I said the exact same thing to my brother.

Pinside on iPhone safari is screwing up. Dbl posted and took me back a page after it posted. Here's something to check out. Cheers

#1408 8 years ago

Bustin' Makes Me Feel Good!

Ghostbusters-Video-Game-Cartoon-HD-Wallpaper-2_(resized).jpgGhostbusters-Video-Game-Cartoon-HD-Wallpaper-2_(resized).jpg

#1409 8 years ago

Dwight is lead on software for GB so everyone chill.

Lyman is lead with Borg's next pin.

#1410 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

great to know!

#1411 8 years ago

Can someone tell me which Games Dwight has been the lead programmer on?

#1412 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Thanks for the heads up!

#1413 8 years ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

Star Trek and Game of Thrones are two of his most recent games. He proved with Star Trek that he can create a deep story based ruleset. I hope the same type of story / objective based ruleset is seen with Ghostbusters.

GOT is still a very new pin so I wonder how he's splitting his time between both games? GOT rules did seem much further ahead upon initial release compared to previous Stern games so maybe the same thing will happen with Ghostbusters.

#1414 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Do you work for Stern? You sure have a lot of info.

#1415 8 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Regarding the "if __ isn't doing the code I am out" comments - I would not worry AT ALL. This game is certainly in the "too big to fail" category. Regardless of who is named lead programer, I would expect a team effort at Stern to get this one out of the gates quickly and playing great.

Rolling Stones was a great title. It should have sold more then Kiss, but it failed.

#1416 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Star Trek and Game of Thrones are two of his most recent games.

I'm still nervous, but not because of his talent. We've all seen that Richie games get priority for code updates and if he's on their most recent game, GoT and GB is the next non-VE release, he's going to be very busy. Based upon history, we don't need to guesss which game will trump if both are competing for his time.

#1417 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Star Trek and Game of Thrones are two of his most recent games. He proved with Star Trek that he can create a deep story based ruleset. I hope the same type of story / objective based ruleset is seen with Ghostbusters.
GOT is still a very new pin so I wonder how he's splitting his time between both games? GOT rules did seem much further ahead upon initial release compared to previous Stern games so maybe the same thing will happen with Ghostbusters.

GoT had 2 years development from Star Trek. GoT was the most code heavy produced game to release and it shows.

#1418 8 years ago

STTNG! He's programmed a bunch of old school B/W classics!

#1419 8 years ago

SOOOO what company has confirmed they are making a "GB" game..????? Link??

#1420 8 years ago
Quoted from happilymarried05:

Take your confirmations elsewhere. This thread is for pure speculation.

#1421 8 years ago

None.

#1422 8 years ago

I played my first, quick game of GoT today.

I really hope this Ghostbusters thing comes to pass and is well executed. I don't know anything about GoT the show but connected immediately with the pin.

If GB is real and all that, it's going to be sitting along side my ST...otherwise I'm going to slog through a TV show just to buy a pin.

#1423 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Official speculation.

#1424 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

What's the point? I mean I am not trying to be funny, like what is the point of speculation ? I mean its like a group of old ladies gossiping about where the new piggly wiggly is going to be built. I guess if that's your thing whatever, just thought maybe there was some actual info on something like this happening not just "gossip" from no credible source.

#1425 8 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Regarding the "if __ isn't doing the code I am out" comments - I would not worry AT ALL. This game is certainly in the "too big to fail" category

Based on what??

You think GB is a higher profile license than the X-MEN??? the NBA?? Marvel??

#1426 8 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

I played my first, quick game of GoT today.
I really hope this Ghostbusters thing comes to pass and is well executed. I don't know anything about GoT the show but connected immediately with the pin.
If GB is real and all that, it's going to be sitting along side my ST...otherwise I'm going to slog through a TV show just to buy a pin.

You won't have to "slog" through that show. Game of Thrones is awesome. It took me a couple of episodes to get into it but once it hooks you, it's a wild ride.

#1427 8 years ago

essentially confirmed by the Moderator's choice of words when justifying why they complied with Stern's take down requests for the art.

#1428 8 years ago

Well since the title is Ghostbusters Speculation Thread...
There has been leaked artwork and a whitewood playfield, so its not "if" its "When"

#1429 8 years ago

What's the point? I mean I am not trying to be funny, like what is the point of speculation ? I mean its like a group of old ladies gossiping about where the new piggly wiggly is going to be built. I guess if that's your thing whatever, just thought maybe there was some actual info on something like this happening not just "gossip" from no credible source.

Speculation is fun. There are many dealers, Ops, and others with inside info and they can't officially confirm anything but they can officially speculate. If you don't want to take part, go camp out on Stern's facebook page. We're having a good time here.

#1430 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

This makes no sense. He's still in the middle of GoT and you're saying he's on the very next release?

#1431 8 years ago

Well I guess you won't be back again then.

#1432 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

You won't have to "slog" through that show. Game of Thrones is awesome. It took me a couple of episodes to get into it but once it hooks you, it's a wild ride.

The machine is what got me into Game of Thrones.

It is too difficult to pass up on a Steve Ritchie LE machine. When I ordered the machine, I hadn't seen an episode. A week after ordering it, I started to watch the series. Took me about 3 weeks to get through the first 5 seasons. Now I'm dying for season 6 to get here.

#1433 8 years ago

A very impressive list to say the least. Some titles he teamed with Keith Johnson, some with Lyman, and some with Lonnie Ropp.

https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/dwight-sullivan

#1434 8 years ago

http://sternpinball.com/games/ghostbusters/pro

#1436 8 years ago

I am sure with a game with so much potential they won't let the programming slip, this will also be a great machine to be sited in arcades and movie cinema's

looking forward to this game

#1437 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

So, is that Aerosmith, Jimi Hendrix, Jurassic World or other?

#1438 8 years ago

I've owned 7 of the 19 machines he worked on. That seems like a decent percentage.

#1439 8 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

You should take that to another thread. Especially since so many are up in arms over a GB thread already.

#1440 8 years ago

But here you are...joining in?? If it bothers you that much why are you reading about it?

#1441 8 years ago
#1442 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Based on what??
You think GB is a higher profile license than the X-MEN??? the NBA?? Marvel??

Yes. All about the timing. Much more money at stake than when those titles were released. More games being made. Also, if this is indeed the first game to use a "new display" that makes it important by itself.

#1443 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Star Trek and Game of Thrones are two of his most recent games. He proved with Star Trek that he can create a deep story based ruleset.

Dwight only worked on the last release for Star Trek, 1.6. He fixed a lot of bugs, implemented the dormant Medal Awards, and gave a nice overall polish. I want to point this out, because there are a lot of people (not me) who don't like Star Trek's code, and I don't want Dwight to get lumped into that. He did the best he could with the structure that was already there.

Dwight makes awesome code from scratch.

#1444 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Dwight only worked on the last release for Star Trek, 1.6. He fixed a lot of bugs, implemented the dormant Medal Awards, and gave a nice overall polish. I want to point this out, because there are a lot of people (not me) who don't like Star Trek's code, and I don't want Dwight to get lumped into that. He did the best he could with the structure that was already there.
Dwight makes awesome code from scratch.

I didn't know that, very cool. I hope he does some unique things with the rules on Ghostbusters.

#1445 8 years ago

I too, am very surprised it's Dwight on GB since he just did GOT, but this is a good thing!

#1446 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

God, I hope not. Stick Lonnie and company with Borg's next, and save Lyman for Ritchie's The Force Awakens.

#1447 8 years ago

I too, am very surprised it's Dwight on GB since he just did GOT, but this is a good thing!

I didn't think we'd get a Stern LCD (the smaller, DMD sized one you mentioned) on this game a couple days ago but with Dwight on code, I think we might. I'm wondering if what happened was originally GOT was to be an LCD backbox and at some point, something happened and it got pushed instead to GB, which would have had Dwight straddling the two projects, basically getting the originally-intended-for-GOT LCD-based backbox code switched over to GB assets and the GOT code back over to dots.

#1448 8 years ago

God, I hope not. Stick Lonnie and company with Borg's next, and save Lyman for Ritchie's The Force Awakens.

Sticking Lyman on Borg's next game (Aerosmith) seems like a waste of his talents. Aerosmith is an ok band and I'm sure the game will be fun but it's probably the least exciting theme that is in the works.

#1449 8 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

It's looking like JW/other, or maybe somebody inside is trying to throw MNPinball off this time!

MNPinball posted this 5 days ago in another thread:

Quoted from mnpinball:

I'm going to throw this out there for everyone to chew on.
I've been told by inside people it's Aerosmith and Hendrix. However one or both could be ploys to see what leaked/leaks.
At expo I personally talked with someone in the business that the next band pin has 4 band members. Neither of the 2 listed have 4 band members. (so Zeppelin and Sabbath come to mind as the most logical)
I still hold hope for FINALLY Zeppelin (which Jody publicly made a comment that he would love to see Zeppelin done in an interview video), which makes the most sense to me. Borg has been trying to finish this theme since IJ4.
With Lyman on code my god it would be the biggest license in a music pin since AC/DC. And since Borg is up after Trudeau I hope it works out.
Beatles is not happening. Period. Gary pays $6 and $8 per game on a license. Beatles would be $200-300 per game. It just is not happening no matter how you spin it.
As someone posted a year ago of Nikki Sixx stated on his Sixx AM radio show they had a potential pin coming and as someone else has stated next music pin starts with "M", Motley Crüe is the most logical as they finish their galactic final tour and are in the most resurgence period of their career. And all original band members.
Enjoy the tidbits and bring on the theories. This will be the most I post on this subject, I'll sit back and check in later. Merry Christmas.

Then, he edited it yesterday & added the line:

Quoted from mnpinball:

No music pin 2016. As far as I know based on leaks.

#1450 8 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

It's looking like JW/other, or maybe somebody inside is trying to throw MNPinball off this time!
MNPinball posted this 5 days ago in another thread:

Then, he edited it yesterday & added the line:

You stalking me ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.