IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 281 of 360.
#14001 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I gotta get those, who's shipping them.

From Stern.

#14002 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Zombi Yeti blades on the GB pro!! The look is fantastic!!!

Those look nice. Do you have to secure with screws?

#14003 7 years ago
Quoted from kell:

Those look nice. Do you have to secure with screws?

No screws. Easy to put on.

#14004 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I gotta get those, who's shipping them.

I ordered the blades from Game Exchange last Thursday. Thought THEY had them in stock but was told last night that they will ship direct from Stern. They did not arrive today but they BETTER arrive by Friday so I can do some major modding when I get home from out of town.

#14005 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

No screws. Easy to put on.

I have never put on art blades. Are they vinyl with adhesive backing? Do you put on with the wet method? Assume it can be done without pulling the pf out? Watched the Supernova youtube video last night.

#14006 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

I have never put on art blades. Are they vinyl with adhesive backing? Do you put on with the wet method? Assume it can be done without pulling the pf out? Watched the Supernova youtube video last night.

It is a big sticker for the most part. Very easy.

#14007 7 years ago

The art on this pin is the best in a long while in my opinion - I really like it.

#14008 7 years ago

Oh boy super excited to interview a buncha pinball madmen this weekend as well as see a buncha other pinbidiots at RMPS! And now that Ghostbusters Premium is confirmed my head has popped right the F off. Head on over to old Colorado Country for a pinball funfest if you can!

#14009 7 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Installed pinball universe kit.

Do you luv it?.

#14010 7 years ago

Have to say because I can't hold my tongue no more and I am too excited.

We have a bunch of money in the account that we were holding for a new bathroom. Then Michelle got pregnant with our firstborn which came a month premature. Bless him.

I said to her it's probably best to hold off on the bathroom as we won't know our Arse from our elbow when the baby's born and hold on to the money for a year and revisit which she thought was a good idea and we are now glad we did.

I said to Michelle years ago that if they ever made a gremlins, goonies, beastie boys or ghostbusters pin, I'd work at McDonalds, clean gary glitters, sell a lung or kidney (not that they'd be any use for medicinal purposes) to get one

GB gets announced and I said to her "gutted, Ghostbusters is getting made."

She said "fuck yeah, we can afford it. Let's get one. You said that was one of the pins you would get NIB." (Mish mush is a good player. Not Danni Peck good but no one likes playing Michelle in the local comps).

I was the one going back and forth about the cash and usually that's her job because as most of us boys will know, the wife is smarter with finances. This time she took it out my hands.
I said to her "Pro, Premium or LE?"

She said:
"What's the difference between the three?"

So I explained. I said "if this is our first NIB, let's go for the premium."

So we're in for a premium to sit next to JP, the 2100 in 1, the driver and point blank. I could have got a couple of decent pins for the money but Ghostbusters resonates with Michelle and I so much, going to see it at the local fleapit in the uk that had stalls and circle seating with my auntie and brother, selling quarter pound of cola bottles. We still have a massive buffer so it hasn't crippled us after the purchase, and if the roof caved in? Fuck it, that's what I pay my insurance for. And if we needed it that bad? We can flip it. The game is in want. I believe it's the first Stern that's really hit home since ACDC.

First NIB and I can't wait for it to get here and filming the unboxing for the Pinball in New Zealand Facebook page, as you don't see many unboxing vids down here.

Speaking of which; go like the page. Wellington Pinball Spots, IFPA in New Zealand and Cantabury Pinball Page are great pages to see what's happening down in middle earth with the raging pinball scene too.

TILT told me that the smell of an NIB is better than a new car smell

Can't wait. To be honest I was a little worried about the magnaslings but from what I've seen, my personal issues with GB has been put to rest.

I'll be taking the day off, grabbing a box of beers and trying to learn this sucker bad. Might make it a long weekend with Pauloz getting our heads around it

I went for a premium purely because I love the marshmallow man. If I loved slimer more, I would have paid for the LE; but for my personal take, it's just a green paint job and a badge with a number. It's not my thing

I only wish I had got Michelle into devils rejects and house of 1000 corpses sooner and that could've been coming too ?

Oh well, here's hoping on beastie boys with sabotage multi-ball

Take care fellahs

Rook

#14011 7 years ago
Quoted from rooky79:

We have a bunch of money in the account that we were holding for a new bathroom. Then Michelle got pregnant with our firstborn which came a month premature. Bless him.
I said to her it's probably best to hold off on the bathroom as we won't know our Arse from our elbow when the baby's born and hold on to the money for a year and revisit which she thought was a good idea and we are now glad we did.
I said to Michelle years ago that if they ever made a gremlins, goonies, beastie boys or ghostbusters pin, I'd work at McDonalds, clean gary glitters, sell a lung or kidney (not that they'd be any use for medicinal purposes) to get one
She said "fuck yeah, we can afford it. Let's get one. You said that was one of the pins you would get NIB." (Mish mush is a good player. Not Danni Peck good but no one likes playing Michelle in the local comps).
I was the one going back and forth about the cash and usually that's her job because as most of us boys will know, the wife is smarter with finances. This time she took it out my hands.
She said:
So we're in for a premium to sit next to JP, the 2100 in 1, the driver and point blank. I could have got a couple of decent pins for the money but Ghostbusters resonates with Michelle and I so much, going to see it at the local fleapit in the uk that had stalls and circle seating with my auntie and brother, selling quarter pound of cola bottles. We still have a massive buffer so it hasn't crippled us after the purchase, and if the roof caved in? Fuck it, that's what I pay my insurance for. And if we needed it that bad? We can flip it. The game is in want. I believe it's the first Stern that's really hit home since ACDC.
First NIB and I can't wait for it to get here and filming the unboxing for the Pinball in New Zealand Facebook page, as you don't see many unboxing vids down here.
Speaking of which; go like the page. Wellington Pinball Spots, IFPA in New Zealand and Cantabury Pinball Page are great pages to see what's happening down in middle earth with the raging pinball scene too.
Can't wait. To be honest I was a little worried about the magnaslings but from what I've seen, my personal issues with GB has been put to rest.
I'll be taking the day off, grabbing a box of beers and trying to learn this sucker bad. Might make it a long weekend with Pauloz getting our heads around it
I went for a premium purely because I love the marshmallow man. If I loved slimer more, I would have paid for the LE; but for my personal take, it's just a green paint job and a badge with a number. It's not my thing
I only wish I had got Michelle into devils rejects and house of 1000 corpses sooner and that could've been coming too ?
Take care fellahs
Rook

... what's a "Gary Glitter" ?

#14012 7 years ago

"Gary Glitter"

Shitter

A.K.A Toilet

#14013 7 years ago
Quoted from rooky79:

She said:
Take care fellahs
Rook

Congrats mate,

Four GB pins are coming to CHCH, 2 LE, 1 Prem, 1 Pro, so might be some more unboxing vid's to watch

#14014 7 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Congrats mate,
Four GB pins are coming to CHCH, 2 LE, 1 Prem, 1 Pro, so might be some more unboxing vid's to watch

ChCh ... The new capital of NIB pins.

rd

#14015 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

rd I think the capital would probably be Stern factory because they make them there and held in boxes for shipping

#14016 7 years ago
Quoted from rooky79:

She said:
Take care fellahs
Rook

Cool story. You really should have an unboxing PARTY. Have people over so they can enjoy a unboxing event. Take pictures play the new game. have a blast.

#14017 7 years ago

Hey guys!

Tseamans posted a great video (below) of the blades / shooter rod from Stern. This definitely helped me decide whether to invest in these two mods or not. I actually picked up the "topper" and it arrived in the mail yesterday in its own box (still waiting on the black rails). I don't have my Premium yet so ... I can't "hook it up" and test it. But, I filmed a little unboxing video and hope maybe this will help in case you are on the fence about the purchase.

Thanks!
Chris

Quoted from Tseamans:

» YouTube video

#14018 7 years ago
Quoted from spida1a:

Hey guys!
Tseamans posted a great video (below) of the blades / shooter rod from Stern. This definitely helped me decide whether to invest in these two mods or not. I actually picked up the "topper" and it arrived in the mail yesterday in its own box (still waiting on the black rails). I don't have my Premium yet so ... I can't "hook it up" and test it. But, I filmed a little unboxing video and hope maybe this will help in case you are on the fence about the purchase.
» YouTube video
Thanks!
Chris

Looks good! Nice to hear it's heavy, with metal parts as well as plastic.

Not so "toyish" as some Pinsiders were whining about.

#14019 7 years ago
Quoted from spida1a:

» YouTube video
Thanks!
Chris

good video, thanks. Topper isnt as bad 'in person' as it looks in their pics (still looks way too fisher price though for sure). I will probably grab if less than $200.

Rabin stern defenders in 3...2....1...

EDIT: WTF?!?!? Just checked the site, its $500 effing dollars???!! I could hire mini me dressed in a GB outfit to stand on top of the pin and yell "i've been slimed" every time slimer gets hit for half that. Good lord.

#14020 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

EDIT: WTF?!?!? Just checked the site, its $500 effing dollars???!! I could hire mini me dressed in a GB outfit to stand on top of the pin and yell "i've been slimed" every time slimer gets hit for half that. Good lord.

I checked. Doing that would cost $510 dollars, and you have to feed him.

#14021 7 years ago

Gotta say the 500 dollar tag is absurd I am hoping Laserific topper will look better on the LE.

#14022 7 years ago
Quoted from rooky79:

She said:
Take care fellahs
Rook

well done rooky getting your first stern nib machine you might be wait about mid august getting your Premium machine i cant wait to get mine machine i just have to wait 5 more weeks. i play gb pro in batcave in aussie couple weeks ago awesome game you will like it

#14023 7 years ago

i really like topper on pinball machines all my machines got them but im not going buy ghostbuster stern topper going cost NZ$900 dollar not worth look shit tho i would buy laseriffic topper look awesome not shore how much they wood sell it for would cost about $200 dollar

ghostbuster_(resized).jpegghostbuster_(resized).jpeg

#14024 7 years ago
Quoted from spida1a:

Hey guys!
» YouTube video
Thanks!
Chris

thanks for posting this , made my decision to not purchase as it looks like a toy like piece of shit , to say it honestly . I think propping up five $100 dollar bills on top of the machine for display purposes would look better then converting those bills into $45 worth of plastic crap that is the topper

#14025 7 years ago

nice video, looks good.... I think the topper will look a lot better with it plugged in and the lights going. Wish Stern would post a video!

#14026 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Gotta say the 500 dollar tag is absurd I am hoping Laserific topper will look better on the LE.

It is high for sure. I really want one for my Premium, but don't know if I feel like ponying up the dough.

Don't know about absurd though, not completely out of line with what some other mods sell for. $250.00 for the Tron mini-arcade mod isn't cheap. $160-$200 for a Laseriffic topper. Not knocking either of these, I had the mini-arcade mod in my Tron and I loved it. Laseriffic toppers are nice. But compare the electronics, components, etc. of the GB topper to these and I can see where they came up with the amount.

IMO I think they should include the topper with the LE given the price difference between that and the Premium, and should have included the topper for TWDLE and GotLE as well.

#14027 7 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

It is high for sure. I really want one for my Premium, but don't know if I feel like ponying up the dough.
Don't know about absurd though, not completely out of line with what some other mods sell for. $250.00 for the Tron mini-arcade mod isn't cheap. $160-$200 for a Laseriffic topper. Not knocking either of these, I had the mini-arcade mod in my Tron and I loved it. Laseriffic toppers are nice. But compare the electronics, components, etc. of the GB topper to these and I can see where they came up with the amount.
IMO I think they should include the topper with the LE given the price difference between that and the Premium, and should have included the topper for TWDLE and GotLE as well.

How do you see that a plastic toy with flashy LED lights is $500 ? thats as much as an iPad, more then an Xbox one, more then most smartphones , more then some full blown drone quad copters, more then some computers for sale, more then some LCD TV's , and the total worldwide box office amount of ghostbusters 2

#14028 7 years ago
Quoted from spida1a:

Hey guys!
» YouTube video
Thanks!
Chris

Thanks Chris for making the video. The topper looks very nice, better then I thought it would. I'm now thinking of buying it. The moment in your Family Guy review video when you toss your wallet and say "but I'm buying it anyway" now comes to mind as I contemplate buying the topper, haha

#14029 7 years ago

For $500 there should be a ghost trap with smoke and a peppers ghost illusion integrated to it.

Anyone up for the challenge?

If not I guess I'll just tear this off a $200 power wheels.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/1c/a8/a9/1ca8a93092edee474c2237e333e0590f.jpg

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#14030 7 years ago

Maybe because I had the real thing all these years, but I really thing the Stern topper is crazy overpriced. You can buy a real light bar for that kind of money. I like the picture above with the skyline....the acrylic would look great lit up in green on top of the LE.

#14031 7 years ago

For $500 there should be a ghost trap with smoke and a peppers ghost illusion integrated to it.
Anyone up for the challenge?
If not I guess I'll just tear this off a $200 power wheels.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/1c/a8/a9/1ca8a93092edee474c2237e333e0590f.jpg

Awesome Idea! lol

#14032 7 years ago

I do think that the topper is overpriced by $100. $400 would be more reasonable. To expect it to be $200 though is not realistic. Unlike iPads and XBOX Ones these toppers are not massed produced items. It's more expensive to produce a product at a factory with a lower production count then one that is mass produced.

Also, we've seen $200 acrylic toppers being sold by the community for years. Acyrlic toppers although cool have no where near the amount of detail, materials, electronics and code integration (well none) as the Ghostbusters topper.

The Ghostbusters topper is easily the most interactive topper I've seen to date. Also, it actually makes sense to have it on top of the game considering its not already represented in the game and a lightbar sits on the actual Ecto-1.

All other Stern toppers seem to just duplicate a toy / feature on a game but on a larger scale (a larger moving dragon, a bigger fish tank, a larger KISS logo). Its nice to finally see a truly unique topper that doesn't just duplicate something already on the playfield.

#14033 7 years ago

Here's an option for about $500. Not a topper but could be placed on the wall behind. (Ebay) It's about 32in tall.

slimer_(resized).jpgslimer_(resized).jpg

#14034 7 years ago
Quoted from kimzone:

i would buy laseriffic topper look awesome

Are they going to offer this on their website at some point?

#14035 7 years ago
Quoted from JEFFPINS12:

How do you see that a plastic toy with flashy LED lights is $500 ? thats as much as an iPad, more then an Xbox one, more then most smartphones , more then some full blown drone quad copters, more then some computers for sale, more then some LCD TV's , and the total worldwide box office amount of ghostbusters 2

How do you see the Tron mini arcade mod be $250.00? That's as much as an EM pinball machine, or an actual full size arcade game. How do you see a pinball machine costing $9500.00? That is more than some cars!!!!!!!

Comparing apples to apples (pinball mod to pinball mod in this case), the price on the GB topper does not seem out of line. Whether or not any pinball mod should cost as much as it does is a whole different conversation.

#14036 7 years ago

I love the direction the topper is going, but it just seems a bit bare bones (especially without seeing it in action on the game).

I'm thinking this is the pro edition of the topper and Stern will start selling "topper mods". Who knows? Maybe a decal set? An antenna to replicate the real light bar? A siren? Topper shaker?? The possibilities are endless!!

Show me the money!!!

Brian

#14037 7 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

How do you see the Tron mini arcade mod be $250.00? That's as much as an EM pinball machine, or an actual full size arcade game. How do you see a pinball machine costing $9500.00? That is more than some cars!!!!!!!
Comparing apples to apples (pinball mod to pinball mod in this case), the price on the GB topper does not seem out of line. Whether or not any pinball mod should cost as much as it does is a whole different conversation.

It wouldn't surprise me if it cost more to make the Tron mini arcade mod than it does the GB topper.

#14038 7 years ago

I'd buy that topper for $400. I think it looks good. $500 is just too much for what you're getting. For $500 it would be cool to have the marquee from the GB2 Ecto as part of it. "We're Back..."

#14039 7 years ago

Laserific is making a official licensed alternative topper that Stern approves.

#14040 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Laserific is making a official licensed alternative topper that Stern approves.

meaning they get royalties on it?

#14041 7 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

If you complete the left side, you get a two ball ''we came we saw'', the second time you get it on the right side, it's a 3 or 4 ball (can't remember, but it's more balls)

really not sure it works as it...
often gone to WCWS, sometimes its 2 balls MB, sometimes its 3, but not as you've said

just got it few minutes ago, my son was watching : completed the left ladder, left ramp become active for WCWS, but BEFORE i put ball to the ramp, pin directly gaves me a second ball in game, and than more than few seconds later i did the ramp, and only on that moment the WCWS sequence began, and than i get a 3rd ball !!!??? (PS : no add-a-ball in scoop or in the bumpers)

seems there's something there i still didnt understand
and most of the time we've got it, WCWS was a 2 balls MB

#14042 7 years ago

meaning they get royalties on it?

Don't know ins and outs but yeah bother Laserific and Stern would be making money

#14043 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Cool story. You really should have an unboxing PARTY. Have people over so they can enjoy a unboxing event. Take pictures play the new game. have a blast.

I'd like to but I don't know enough to do it. I still have way too much to learn.

I figured for the first NIB, I'd get it delivered to Kerry's house and he can show me what to do and he'll go through it like a dose of salts to make sure it's all there and tweak anything that's needed.

Maybe the next one lol

#14044 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

Just doin our bit for NZ RD

#14045 7 years ago
Quoted from spida1a:

Hey guys!
» YouTube video
Thanks!
Chris

Great review, I think I may be in on the topper, I'm going to put a grill over the middle, chrome the siren, and the back of the blue circles, I think this will put it where it needs to be.

Anyone that can do these mods to it, let me know?

#14046 7 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Just doin our bit for NZ RD

Problem is, we will all end up with the same games

#14047 7 years ago

My Ghostbusters Pro with topper. Thought everyone might like to see a little video of the topper in action

#14048 7 years ago

That's neat. Thank you !
LTG : )

#14049 7 years ago

Very nice!

Have you noticed when it goes off in the game? "We got one" I'm assuming?

#14050 7 years ago
Quoted from flyusa007:

My Ghostbusters Pro with topper. Thought everyone might like to see a little video of the topper in action
» YouTube video

man you really need invisiglass on that thing! I already have a sheet waiting for my GB LE.. The art kicks too much ass, and the machine costs way too much to have regular glass on there. The topper really adds glare from what I can tell during that video.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 281 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/281 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.