IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 280 of 360.
#13951 7 years ago

Has Anyone Had The Ghostbusters Green Twinkies Yet!?

BigTwinkee_(resized).PNGBigTwinkee_(resized).PNG

They're probably so bad for you that they take a day off of your life,
but hell, that's at the end of your life!

#13952 7 years ago

On with more positive postings! My GB rug came in so the LEs gotta be ready to ship to Canada

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#13953 7 years ago

Haha... GREEEN TWINKIES Yeh I think there's some followers on pinside that have had to many

#13954 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

W.t.f happen to the ghost busters thread?

Its based on the reboot instead of that horrible GB2 sequal (gotcha Kirk), its narrated by Dan Akroyd, packed with proton beams & Stern's first ever LCD.

With 10x's the innovation!!!!!!

#13955 7 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Pro's are compromised machines. They are designed to be routed, have some drunk drop a few coins into them, and return a few bucks to the op.
Home owners should be buying Premiums or LEs and not looking back.
If you can afford a Pro, you can afford a Premium. This is not a poor man's hobby.

Hey JT designed this game for a red dmd, I better not add a colordmd and ruin his vision!! Who cares about his vision, just so long that the game is fun is all that matters. There are many great pros out there that aren't compromised. Heck, on some cases putting the extra money towards mods improves the game over a premium.

#13956 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

So you agree stern made a poor choice by not using latches on all models.
Interesting.

What part of "I have no opinion" are you having difficulty understanding?

#13957 7 years ago
Quoted from rooky79:

Great comeback (yawn).
I'm not getting dragged into this so I'll just put you on ignore because you're cancerous.
You could do us all a favour and take a fuck off pill and get rid of yourself though.
Have a great day

I just checked in I thought something happened. Your posts made me laugh out loud. Thank you, you are hilarious , and made my day.

#13958 7 years ago

When I first got on Pinside, everybody hated the Pro's latch system.

Not me, I loved it.

#13959 7 years ago

Just wondering why all the my dick is bigger than yours shit now a days . A lot of people posting about how rich they are. I always thought if you were really something you didn't have to tell everyone. Well hopefully June or July btings in my poor mans LE. I liked that art package better, so that's what I bought.

#13960 7 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Just wondering why all the my dick is bigger than yours shit now a days . A lot of people posting about how rich they are. I always thought if you were really something you didn't have to tell everyone. Well hopefully June or July btings in my poor mans LE. I liked that art package better, so that's what I bought.

I personally have a tiny 1.75" penis, drive a 1992 Honda Civic with 315K miles on it, and live in a tent with 4 pinball machines. I also have a pet gerbil. I did upgrade tents recently so I could fit GB LE in there. Don't tell Captain Kirk, but I ran out of toilet paper the other night and had to wipe my ass with the film inside my VHS copy of Ghostbusters 2.

#13961 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I personally have a tiny 1.75" penis, drive a 1992 Honda Civic with 315K miles on it, and live in a tent with 4 pinball machines. I also have a pet gerbil. I did upgrade tents recently so I could fit GB LE in there. Don't tell Captain Kirk, but I ran out of toilet paper the other night and had to wipe my ass with the film inside my VHS copy of Ghostbusters 2.

Maybe it's because I grew up with GB 1 and 2, but I never differentiated them much and was surprised to find people hated 2 as an adult. There's some dumb stuff in there but I think it's a much better sequel than, say, Jurassic World. Jurassic World is a pretty heartless, by the numbers sequel but people act like it's perfect.

#13962 7 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Maybe it's because I grew up with GB 1 and 2, but I never differentiated them much and was surprised to find people hated 2 as an adult. There's some dumb stuff in there but I think it's a much better sequel than, say, Jurassic World. Jurassic World is a pretty heartless, by the numbers sequel but people act like it's perfect.

Honestly, GB2 isn't as bad as some people make it. Obviously the original was better.. But I just like giving Captain Kirk some shit about it because he gets all riled up like an angry bull

#13963 7 years ago
Quoted from numbersix:

I've been following this thread for awhile.. it's definitely been.. interesting.
I've had my Pro for about a week now. I think it's a really fun game. I was a bit worried when people complained about it being overly difficult as I'm not a great player by any stretch. However I've been very happy with the machine. I've probably put more games on it in the last week than I have on my Tron in the last six months (sacrilege! I know.. but I like GB a lot more).

it's always the same at the beginning...until frustration comes over
and no, you don't like it more than Tron because you don't know it yet.

Quoted from numbersix:

It's a challenging game, sure. It can be frustrating.. but it's frustrating in that 'OK let me try again' way. In the last week i've gotten to a lot of modes but haven't seen some of the later modes yet and I'm OK with that. I don't want to see everything in a week. I'm perfectly happy being challenged.

in 3 balls and with all drains, it is possible you will never see them. Fortunately, you can go on a mode at the state you leave it in the last ball.

Quoted from numbersix:

I ended up making a few adjustments to the ball save (added a few seconds) and toned down the coil strength a bit and I'm doing just fine. 1 game out of 3 is pretty long and gets me into hundreds of millions (not bad for me!).. sure the other 2 go out quickly but its OK.. it's in my house and isn't costing me anything to play (well, OK it cost a lot but still).

i advise you to adjust 5mm higher the outline metal guide.

Quoted from numbersix:

The ramp issue? I don't see it as being THAT tough.. I can hit that right ramp a few times each game, it's not impossible or anything. As others have pointed out it gives you ghosts depending on how far you get so its not exactly broken and even getting a shallow hit nets you something. Having the full ramp/trail there would obviously be better but it's not something that 'ruins' the game for me.

nobody has told it was impossible to do, you just need to do it when you are asked to do it. however, it is a tight shot, the entrance is quite narrow.

Quoted from numbersix:

Speaking of editions.. I'm perfectly cool with the Pro. It was paid for by the time it hit the house and I've got no regrets. I totally could have purchased the Premium or LE but I just don't like spending -that- much on a single game. I've got a lot of hobbies and I like to spread my resources around. $1500 or $2000 or whatever the uptick was for the Premium will put me into another Pin or a good chuck towards Star Wars next year (or a bunch of Arcade Machines or whatever else). I know a lot of guys like to spend big money on pins and hey that's cool I don't think there's anything wrong with whatever edition you get as long as you like it. Sure some Stern Pros are really gimped but I didn't get that feeling with Ghostbusters at all. The Pro seems like a 'full' game to me.. the only thing I kinda wish I had was the magnetic slings but once again that's not worth $1500 to me.

of course never played the premium, but the different design of the right ramp feeding the left flipper would make a different pin to play.

#13964 7 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

it's
of course never played the premium, but the different design of the right ramp feeding the left flipper would make a different pin to play.

Not sure why people prefer the return to the left flipper so much, more shots are set up for the right and a rolling pass from the right to left is pretty easy with the way the flipper angle is set.

#13965 7 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Has Anyone Had The Ghostbusters Green Twinkies Yet!?

Isn't that called a "Pickle"? I am confused?

#13966 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Not sure why people prefer the return to the left flipper so much, more shots are set up for the right and a rolling pass from the right to left is pretty easy with the way the flipper angle is set.

many shots are done in back hand so i prefer this right ramp feeds left flipper.

the rolling pass is very dangerous with this one. my experience.

#13967 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Don't tell Captain Kirk, but I ran out of toilet paper the other night and had to wipe my ass with the film inside my VHS copy of Ghostbusters 2.

That film is pretty thin inside a VHS tape. I think your got more sh!t on your hands than the tape.

#13968 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

GB pro won best in show at the NWPS. Idiots.

Actually it sounds like GB won people's choice and TBL won best in show...

Quoted from nwpinball:

Huge excitement about it at the Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show this past weekend, it won best pinball machine in the awards and the line was 5 to 25 people deep the entire time. Most talked about game at the show for sure, most played game, most buzz.

#13969 7 years ago

That film is pretty thin inside a VHS tape. I think your got more sh!t on your hands than the tape.

Impossible.... that tape was already filled with sh!t to begin with....

#13970 7 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Impossible.... that tape was already filled with sh!t to begin with....

Either way they both had a crappy ending!

#13971 7 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Either way they both had a crappy ending!

Careful...you might get a TAPE worm.....

#13972 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Honestly, GB2 isn't as bad as some people make it. Obviously the original was better.. But I just like giving Captain Kirk some shit about it because he gets all riled up like an angry bull

I watched both 1 and 2 a couple weeks ago... GB 2 is terrible, absolutely terrible.

#13973 7 years ago
Quoted from PureTO:

I watched both 1 and 2 a couple weeks ago... GB 2 is terrible, absolutely terrible.

Oh no!

#13974 7 years ago
Quoted from PureTO:

Here we go again. I'll check back in a couple of weeks. Yawn.

#13975 7 years ago

While Ghostbusters 2 sucks, it actually is a pretty good movie

#13976 7 years ago

The mods already came in and said to knock it off with the GB movie rants why don't we talk about how surprising it is that we will see a premium in action in just 3 days

#13977 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

This thing post passes like a dream. If it's not going fast enough to roll through, just kill the speed and post pass it over.

Quoted from colonel_caverne:

many shots are done in back hand so i prefer this right ramp feeds left flipper.
the rolling pass is very dangerous with this one. my experience.

I backhand the right loop to collect a mode shot at times, and have backhanded the left ramp. Aside from that, nothing, unless you count the drop targets. What other shots you are backhanding?

#13978 7 years ago

Got to ''we're ready to believe'' twice today.
Friggin hard to do. Restores my faith in the game though, I've been really cursing this game out.

#13979 7 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Friggin hard to do. Restores my faith in the game though, I've been really cursing this game out.

The sign of a great pin IMO.

#13980 7 years ago

So you get "We came we saw..." after completing the 1st ladder and "We're Ready to believe" after finishing all 3 ladders. Do you get anything for completing the 2nd ladder?-"We Came we saw" again? thanks!

#13981 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

The mods already came in and said to knock it off with the GB movie rants why don't we talk about how surprising it is that we will see a premium in action in just 3 days

Yes another reminder start an off topic thread on movies if you want but please stop arguing about it in this thread from here on out. Those that continue will be banned from the thread.

#13982 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

So you get "We came we saw..." after completing the 1st ladder and "We're Ready to believe" after finishing all 3 ladders. Do you get anything for completing the 2nd ladder?-"We Came we saw" again? thanks!

If you complete the left side, you get a two ball ''we came we saw'', the second time you get it on the right side, it's a 3 or 4 ball (can't remember, but it's more balls) Once you get to ''we're ready to believe'' by completing all 9 modes, you then have to make 4 shots for a ''bonus'' and on the dmd I saw a picture of the 4 of them saying ''who you gonna call'' I had 3 of the 4 shots made before I drained, you can guess which one I missed...
Funny thing is, and maybe this is early code or what not- after I drained out of ''We're ready to believe'' all my modes were lit solid but nothing else to do. I even shot the ghost target and slimer 3 times to try and start another mode, but it didn't do anything. So there is really nothing to do besides get storage facility multiball up and going again at this point.

Ghostbusters is not some long drawn out super deep game like LOTR which tends to have generous ball times, but it's deep in the aspect of how difficult it can be to keep the ball in play due to this playfield design. This is what keeps you coming back, because you feel like you might advance one more mode, you can do better, you maybe can complete them...

#13983 7 years ago

If you complete the left side, you get a two ball ''we came we saw'', the second time you get it on the right side, it's a 3 or 4 ball (can't remember, but it's more balls) Once you get to ''we're ready to believe'' by completing all 9 modes, you then have to make 4 shots for a ''bonus'' and on the dmd I saw a picture of the 4 of them saying ''who you gonna call'' I had 3 of the 4 shots made before I drained, you can guess which one I missed...
Funny thing is, and maybe this is early code or what not- after I drained out of ''We're ready to believe'' all my modes were lit solid but nothing else to do. I even shot the ghost target and slimer 3 times to try and start another mode, but it didn't do anything. So there is really nothing to do besides get storage facility multiball up and going again at this point.
Ghostbusters is not some long drawn out super deep game like LOTR which tends to have generous ball times, but it's deep in the aspect of how difficult it can be to keep the ball in play due to this playfield design. This is what keeps you coming back, because you feel like you might advance one more mode, you can do better, you maybe can complete them...

Thanks for the explanation! Makes sense on WRTB and being a bigger multiball the 2nd time. Wonder if "Are you a God" is programmed into the code yet? Isn't that done by finishing all the ladders, collecting all the gear and possibly some other stuff? I'm still impressed that you've made it to "We're Ready to Believe" a few times already. i don't have much time on Ghostbusters but I can see how that would be a difficult achievement!

#13984 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Actually it sounds like GB won people's choice

Cool, my GB Pro came in 2nd at our Pinball BBQ. We had about 25 games there.

GB_red_Leg_Light-Ups_3_(resized).jpgGB_red_Leg_Light-Ups_3_(resized).jpg

#13985 7 years ago

Installed pinball universe kit.

20160607_184939_(resized).jpg20160607_184939_(resized).jpg

#13986 7 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Looking forward to doing the same!

Cant wait to see how they look with Green Op-Max in the Rails....

Or look for Pink Slime acrylic to come, and put Purple or Pink in!

Needs just a little more color...not everywhere, just a few spots like a Purple Flasher between the Pops and buildings!

Anxiously waiting!!!

#13987 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Looking forward to doing the same!
Cant wait to see how they look with Green Op-Max in the Rails....
Or look for Pink Slime acrylic to come, and put Purple or Pink in!
Needs just a little more color...not everywhere, just a few spots like a Purple Flasher between the Pops and buildings!
Anxiously waiting!!!

Yeah wired up a slimer topper with same voltage flasher in pops. Called cointaker she said has them just outta town will be on website soon.

#13988 7 years ago

Same production....Im awaiting mine.....I think Stern gets theirs Thursday......

#13989 7 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Can't wait to put that mod on mine. I've ordered a shitload of things for it but the GB Pro still hasn't showed itself to my doorsteps.

#13990 7 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Where'd you get it? I thought they didn't ship to the US.

#13991 7 years ago

I got my PBU kit yesterday no machine yet but at least i have it waiting to be put on, no way i am going to use the center post though just want it for the outlane guides.

#13992 7 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Where'd you get it? I thought they didn't ship to the US.

Pinball life imported them over

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4255

#13993 7 years ago
#13994 7 years ago

I trashed that white mini dome...it was killing me when it went off and replaced it with a nice orange one. Matches the pf art colors nicely.

IMGA0527[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0527[1]_(resized).JPG

#13995 7 years ago

Hi Paul, or anyone else with a game,

Could you tell me if all the 5V flashers are metal Bayonet, or are there any wedge based flashers in the game....???

Thanks!

#13996 7 years ago

Zombi Yeti blades on the GB pro!! The look is fantastic!!!

#13997 7 years ago

Under the dome is a board with an led on it, no sockets. Is that what a 5v flasher looks like? Those boards are EVERYWHERE under the pf. That board is attached to the done and was a pain to put back together cuz one bolt and nut held the board and dome to the plastic.

#13998 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Zombi Yeti blades on the GB pro!! The look is fantastic!!!

I gotta get those, who's shipping them.

#13999 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Hi Paul, or anyone else with a game,
Could you tell me if all the 5V flashers are metal Bayonet, or are there any wedge based flashers in the game....???
Thanks!

Nice got mine ordered, a must have mod for this game

#14000 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Nice got mine ordered, a must have mod for this game

I think ya got the wrong quote.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 280 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/280?hl=swampy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.