IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 274 of 360.
#13651 7 years ago

Question....is the pf wire loom long enough to take the pf out and lean it against the cab? That would make putting the Stern art blades sooooo easy.

#13653 7 years ago

Haters gonna hate, but this thread is closing in on the Jpop thread in posts. Can it keep it up and surpass?

#13655 7 years ago

I've been contacted to settle up my balance on my LE as well. No rush from the distributor, but a heads up to get payment in soon. Looks like we're in that 10-14 day window now.

#13656 7 years ago

Looking forward to hearing about your GB home play experience on your podcast. Loved the GB road trip episode, which I listened to en route to Pinagogo.

#13657 7 years ago
Quoted from BenLogan:

Looking forward to hearing about your GB home play experience on your podcast. Loved the GB road trip episode, which I listened to en route to Pinagogo.

Thanks, man. I'm really excited to go in depth about it on the show. I plan on doing a "things I like, things I don't like" style of overview.

#13658 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Probably could resell it on ebay to a unsuspecting buyer

I'm good, since it is a sticker, I recentered it, will probably throw it on the machine. Better it get beat than anything else.

#13659 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Has anyone seen this video of the LE?
First time I've seen the LE in play from the players perspective, instead of a top-down view.
Things to note, Slimer looks way more interesting to hit moving side to side, vs hitting him while he's tea bagging the playfield.
The right ramp is a massive improvement, and looks more satisfying to hit- and maybe even easier to hit, as that's a huge complaint from Pro owners. The metal left ramp is also much better from this perspective, especially since it feeds an actual captive ball lock and subway.
Mag slings look to be working fine, the drain off them came from the guy playing falling asleep trying to use his right flipper.
You can see the Ecto goggles are showing something, but seem to be active all the time with some information.
Overall, the LE model looks significantly more polished and feature packed to me vs the Pro.
» YouTube video

Nice, thanks for posting this. I switched my pro order back to a premium the other day, lol.

#13660 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

We're they saying that to get your money or just a heads up? It does seem more the likely they will be shipping very soon though

No - I've been paid in full since ordering. He was just confirming my address since it is being shipped directly from Stern to me. He said he would notify me when it ships though so I'll post back when I get that email.

#13661 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Agree. It would be better to spend $ 300 for a Code 3 ACTUAL light bar similar to the original Ecto 1. Downside is that its about 2' wider than the backbox.

Most of those lightbars are adjustable....they just take different speaker grilles. If you get a good light bar, and know what you are doing, you can cut the grille down yourself and the lightbar will fit just fine. Just need the min dimensions of the bar you are buying. I'm betting someone comes up with a better looking one. Wouldn't take much.

#13662 7 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

This video really excites me!

All 38 seconds of it?

#13663 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Nice, thanks for posting this. I switched my pro order back to a premium the other day, lol.

You actually downgraded to Pro for a bit?

#13664 7 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

The sticker things. I would buy one.

Sorry I meant I just ordered the art blades

#13665 7 years ago

Though it was only 38 sec I liked it too. It showed slimer moving smoothly and not banging into anything on its way back to the city. Also the angle was cool view.

#13666 7 years ago

Yes...those 38 secs at that angle showed smooth ramp shots and the slings in action enough to tell me I think we are in good shape..

#13667 7 years ago

Yeah really hate the top down videos we keep getting that angle tells so much more

#13668 7 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

You actually downgraded to Pro for a bit?

I think the pro is a really cool and fun game, I would have been happy to have had one. I was able to free up some more pinball funds so figured I would go with a premium.

I still have a hard time stomaching the premium price due to some of Sterns recent cost cutting moves and yet another price hike while a DMD is still being used. Moving the power button to the head of the game is something I'll never understand. These things are luxury items and something such as turning on the game should be easy. Same goes for the lack of 100% color changing inserts in the premium. However, Ghostbusters premium seems to be Sterns most loaded game to date so I'll go for it. Its also helps that Ghostbusters is one of my favorite films of all time

Have you heard if any of the changes to the pro such as the center captive ball mech being strengthened and outlane ball guides being slightly higher have made it over to the first run of premiums?

#13669 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Moving the power button to the head of the game is something I'll never understand.

With the power supply in the backbox, and no giant transformer that's better mounted in the bottom of the cabinet, it doesn't make much sense to run wires all the way down and to the front of the cab just for a power switch. I don't find this troublesome at all—except that I feel like a doofus every time I reach under the cabinet trying to turn on GOT.

#13670 7 years ago

So,the power on switch is on the backbox?? Thats inconvenient as hell! All you have to do is put a frikin switch where it always is for continuity! My backboxes are against the wall for gripe sakes!!

#13671 7 years ago
Quoted from jay:

it doesn't make much sense to run wires all the way down and to the front of the cab just for a power switch.

Its not the end of the world but it is for sure much nicer to have it under the front of the pin than under the backbox. Especially if you have pins close together/side by side in a line up.

#13672 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Ghostbusters premium seems to be Sterns most loaded game to date so I'll go for it. Its also helps that Ghostbusters is one of my favorite films of all time

I love many of the callouts like "Back off man, I'm a scientist" or "I blame myself - I do too" (something like that).

Rob

#13673 7 years ago
Quoted from jay:

With the power supply in the backbox, and no giant transformer that's better mounted in the bottom of the cabinet, it doesn't make much sense to run wires all the way down and to the front of the cab just for a power switch. I don't find this troublesome at all—except that I feel like a doofus every time I reach under the cabinet trying to turn on GOT.

"I guess car manufacturer should put the ignition right beside the engine since it doesn't make much sense the run wires right beside steering wheel for easy access." LOL

I didn't know about this and all I have to say is WTF!!!! It's going to be a pain in the ass for me to turn on my machine because mine are so close together.

I guess power bar it is.

#13674 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Have you heard if any of the changes to the pro such as the center captive ball mech being strengthened and outlane ball guides being slightly higher have made it over to the first run of premiums?

One would hope so.........

#13675 7 years ago

Just plug your game into a surge protector, and velco it under you pin. Problem solved.

#13676 7 years ago

Just plug your game into a surge protector, and velco it under you pin. Problem solved.

Doesn't change the fact that it was a stupid decision from Stern's part.

#13677 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That comes in the sequel...............couldn't resist!

#13678 7 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Doesn't change the fact that it was a stupid decision from Stern's part.

Stupid is subjective. Not everyone hates where the switch is now.

Stern had their reasons.

#13679 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

So,the power on switch is on the backbox?? Thats inconvenient as hell! All you have to do is put a frikin switch where it always is for continuity! My backboxes are against the wall for gripe sakes!!

I moved the power switch on my GoT from the backbox to the tournament button hole. I smile every time I step up to the machine and flip it on:

f9a09883c78efadcc345f64fc4a14e171357d493.png_(resized).jpgf9a09883c78efadcc345f64fc4a14e171357d493.png_(resized).jpg

#13680 7 years ago

You win an Internet!

Can you document that procedure?

#13683 7 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

I moved the power switch on my GoT from the backbox to the tournament button hole. I smile every time I step up to the machine and flip it on:

I'm an electrician and thought I came up with a great idea like putting it in the tournament button spot. Got to this posting and was like... Great minds DO think alike!

#13684 7 years ago

Stupid is subjective. Not everyone hates where the switch is now.
Stern had their reasons.

Yea, they probably saved $1.39 per machine...

#13685 7 years ago

Too bad it's not good for us Canadians. The tournament button is included on all our games. So no replacing the tournament button.
I'd really like to know that reason apart from financial reasons.

#13686 7 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Yea, they probably saved $1.39 per machine...

Which wouldn't be enough of a reason.

#13687 7 years ago

Why would Canadian shipped pins have the tourney button automatically?

#13688 7 years ago

Which wouldn't be enough of a reason.

I don't know about that, if Stern can save a $1 on a machine they will so that extra .36 cents probably made it a must do

#13689 7 years ago

Why would Canadian shipped pins have the tourney button automatically?

Is the tournament button not usually Standard? Mine had it.

#13691 7 years ago

Yeah the tournament button is an add on if you want it but in Canada it comes included. Go figure. If there only reason to put the power switch on the backbox is cost savings then shame on them! I want to see a pic of this because i feel the internet is pulling my leg.

#13692 7 years ago

Yeah the tournament button is an add on if you want it but in Canada it comes included. Go figure. If there only reason to put the power switch on the backbox is cost savings then shame on them! I want to see a pic of this because i feel the internet is pulling my leg.

I'm not sure why they add the tournament button, but my speculation would be that it is due to some law there....probably allowing it to pass as a non-gambling device. Stern isn't installing it out of the goodness of their hearts.....it probably has to be there to get into the country.

#13693 7 years ago

Just got a call from my distributor, and they say they just got word from Stern. LE's in production starting mid-June through the end of the month and shipping as they go. So they said to figure at least 3 weeks to my door minimum. Premiums are after LE's, and I am sure there are going to be more exports first, so figure mid-July at the earliest.

#13694 7 years ago

From limited play I think the pro is pretty darn fun. However, that right ramp is just a flow stopping boring shot. It goes up a ways then falls down to right inlane. That really kills the possibility of me buying a pro. With ramps I want some speed and flow not something that dribbles up the slowly roles back down. Still a fun pin that was just something that really bothered enough to say it's premium or no go on this one.

#13695 7 years ago

"I guess car manufacturer should put the ignition right beside the engine since it doesn't make much sense the run wires right beside steering wheel for easy access." LOL
I didn't know about this and all I have to say is WTF!!!! It's going to be a pain in the ass for me to turn on my machine because mine are so close together.
I guess power bar it is.

It's on the underside of the headbox that hangs over the lower cabinet, not behind the game. You'll be able to reach it just fine.

#13696 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Just got a call from my distributor, and they say they just got word from Stern. LE's in production starting mid-June through the end of the month and shipping as they go.

Weird, 'cause it's not yet mid June and we've already seen tons of them in assembly.

#13697 7 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Weird, 'cause it's not yet mid June and we've already seen tons of them in assembly.

I'll add fuel to the fire. I got my email from my distributor yesterday and his guess was 10-14 days to shipping. I think the real answer is any day now to 3 weeks depending on where your machine falls in the production queue.

#13698 7 years ago

Yeah I don't think distros really know but customers keep pestering them so they say something that sounds good and is plausible.

#13699 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I'm not sure why they add the tournament button, but my speculation would be that it is due to some law there....probably allowing it to pass as a non-gambling device. Stern isn't installing it out of the goodness of their hearts.....it probably has to be there to get into the country.

I am actually making use of that feature at home. My wife and I have a weekly tournament. Whoever puts up the better score at the end of the week gets out of bedtime duty for our kids. She's been whooping me this week!

#13700 7 years ago

Ok stupid question what exactly does the button do and how much?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 274 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/274 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.