IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 263 of 360.
#13101 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Do we know how many LEs were going overseas? I know there are 500 total, but how many are domestic and how many are international?

i was talking to AMD Distributor Australian last week they said they going bring in 35 GBLE machine in Australian also coin cascade in new zealand going get 3 or 4 GBLE. AMD said stern going start shipping GB machines on 24th may

#13102 7 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Stern puts same balls in all versions or variations. Don't expect to get better balls because you went LE instead of PRO. Same balls.

Not expecting better balls, but the pro doesn't use magnets.

Just expecting correct balls.

#13103 7 years ago
Quoted from kimzone:

i was talking to AMD Distributor Australian last week they said they going bring in 35 GBLE machine in Australian also coin cascade in new zealand going get 3 or 4 GBLE. AMD said stern going start shipping GB machines on 24th may

Not long now Bro!

#13104 7 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Not long now Bro!

how long to you think going take come here about 6 weeks?

#13105 7 years ago
Quoted from kimzone:

i was talking to AMD Distributor Australian last week they said they going bring in 35 GBLE machine in Australian also coin cascade in new zealand going get 3 or 4 GBLE

So, per population ...

Australia: 35 GBLE / 24.5m people = 1 machine per 700,000 people

NZ: 4 GBLE / 4.5m people = 1 machine per 1,100,000 people

If the USA had one GBLE per 700,000 people (320m) they'd have 457 GBLE.

If the whole world had one GBLE for every 700,000, there'd need to be 10,570 GBLE.

Useless information but a good workout for my brain.

rd

#13106 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

So, per population ...
Australia: 35 GBLE / 24.5m people = 1 machine per 700,000 people
NZ: 4 GBLE / 4.5m people = 1 machine per 1,100,000 people
If the USA had one GBLE per 700,000 people (320m) they'd have 457 GBLE.
If the whole world had one GBLE for every 700,000, there'd need to be 10,570 GBLE.
Useless information but a good workout for my brain.
rd

You've got toooo much spare time.

#13107 7 years ago
Quoted from kimzone:

how long to you think going take come here about 6 weeks?

12-19 July if they ship this week

#13108 7 years ago

Placed deposit for 2 pro in march, told now maybe July. Le/premium next 4 weeks

#13109 7 years ago

Played a friends pro yesterday and can't say enough about how well Stern has done with this game. Game is solid all around. Still some bugginess with the new code and his Slimer mech needs fine tuning but it is an the game is going to be the biggest game we have seen in a long time.

The feeling I get from this table is the same as I had playing TAF back in the early 90s. There was something that just sucks you in to the gameplay and from there hooks you with simple visual gimmicks to keep you coming back. TAF it was things hand, GB is Slimer. Light show on both games is fantastic as well and while GB doesn't have the dynamic MB start of the POWER, it is still an impressive light show that gets the fingers twitching.

While the shots are tight after having about 40 games under my belt they are starting to get dialed in. The right ramp is tight and intimidating but build up a big PKE jackpot and collect it you'll want to kiss Trudeau on the head for all the tough love this game dishes out.

Callouts and music are great and varied. Was laughing to some of the movie quotes and the music during one of the modes has a great synthesizer vibe that takes you back to 80s, simply spot on.

Art is obviously outstanding and the game feels solid. Code still needs some work to work out bugs and enrich an already solid core code. Mass Hysteria is about as deep as I've gotten in the game and it would be nice to have the game really announce the mode. I'd personally like to see the game shut down similarly to TZ going into LITZ so as to really build up the mode. I've read complaints about the flipper reverse, but don't feel that myself. It's chaotic and mind ending when you keep reversing and reversing buy it seems fitting for a mode named Mass Hysteria, it is a blast.

Stoked for everyone getting one and can't wait to play a premium/LE soon. I will be adding a GB To my collection event though a game or two will have to leave. I'm really interested to see how the Premium holds up to the pro as I just don't think there is much to improve upon. Instant classic.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#13110 7 years ago

Compared to other games I have rated. It's very difficult to not have GB at the top. It's so balanced IMO. Great theme, art, lights, callouts, dots, gameplay etc.. I guess "fun" and "lastability" are objectional, but it still kicks so much ass in every category.

I love Tron for instance, but the factory art, dots and lights (yes, the mods are kick ass) aren't in the same ballpark as GB.

#13111 7 years ago

Assuming they are going in order, and based on the Pic Stern posted on FB, they are close to half-way done in production of the LE's. Barring any issues, they should be close to done with them by the end of the week...then on to Prems!

#13112 7 years ago

Any guesses (or, even better, inside knowledge!) as to whether the wire bending/captive ball issue and the outlane jumping issue will be corrected in the GBs being manufactured from this point forward?

#13113 7 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Any guesses (or, even better, inside knowledge!) as to whether the wire bending/captive ball issue and the outlane jumping issue will be corrected in the GBs being manufactured from this point forward?

Maybe someone with the new Slimer mech can look into that. Obviously the "supplier bottleneck" (what a coincidence... ) was used to correct Slimer, maybe they also addressed the other problems by using thicker guides for the captive ball and higher ones for the outlanes.
Slimer update was obvious due to the new manual. For the other corrections the manual would not state changes, so you can only know if you see/play an updated machine live.

#13114 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Assuming they are going in order, and based on the Pic Stern posted on FB, they are close to half-way done in production of the LE's. Barring any issues, they should be close to done with them by the end of the week...then on to Prems!

Production on LE's started May 16th, will take two weeks for export models - then two weeks of domestic runs. That means by Friday the last export LE will be finished, May 30th starts domestic LE's which should finish by June 13th. That means the first LE owner here in the states should be receiving earlier then June 15th or so - it's getting close!

Premiums should start mid June, so first Premium owner should get theirs in early July. Just a guess.

#13115 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Production on LE's started May 16th, will take two weeks for export models - then two weeks of domestic runs. That means by Friday the last export LE will be finished, May 30th starts domestic LE's which should finish by June 13th. That means the first LE owner here in the states should be receiving earlier then June 15th or so - it's getting close!
Premiums should start mid June, so first Premium owner should get theirs in early July. Just a guess.

As I said, I was basing that on the assumption they were going in numerical order. If they started on the 16th, AND are going in order, then they are close to halfway done with the run in 1 week. I know capacity is somewhere around 50 a day, and there are other models coming down as well, but I'll bet they go a bit faster than you think. Or at least that is what I am hoping......

#13116 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I thought production capacity was close to 50 a day? There are only 500 LE's total.

55 is what Stern has stated previously, but I don't know that they're staffed up enough to pull that off right now. Also, GB LE isn't the only game on the line. Other games are sprinkled in there as well.

#13117 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

It would make sense they go in order but then I read somewhere that they slap a plaque on a game that does not have anything to do with order. Hope you are right about the half way mark though!

#13118 7 years ago

When they start making domestic games they will start shipping and not wait until they are done with the whole run,I don't think they want to store large amounts of games

#13119 7 years ago

My GB pro order is in. First new in box for me. Can't wait!

#13120 7 years ago

There was a time you could order your own special number limited edition, so that would through the numbers out of whack too.

#13121 7 years ago
Quoted from Tseamans:

There was a time you could order your own special number limited edition, so that would through the numbers out of whack too.

You could do that with GB, yeah. I don't know if it affects build order, ship order, or both. It might not have any impact.

#13122 7 years ago

Just got the call from my Distributor to settle up the balance on my LE. It's happening!!!

#13123 7 years ago

*FYI*

10 more days until Captain_Kirk's ban runs out and the thread is derailed into Ghostbusters 2 movie debates

*FYI*

#13124 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

*FYI*
10 more days until Captain_Kirk's ban runs out and the thread is derailed into Ghostbusters 2 movie debates
*FYI*

Why Dude? Just let it lye.

#13125 7 years ago

Got this from Automated today: "Stern is simply telling me June I am thinking the first week or two, I will have to keep you posted.".

#13126 7 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Why Dude? Just let it lye.

Took your advice, how does it look?

floor-rug-4_(resized).jpgfloor-rug-4_(resized).jpg

#13127 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Like your wife wears the pants in the house!

#13128 7 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Like your wife wears the pants in the house!

How did you know? I am wearing shorts today and she's wearing pants. I have to say, that was a good guess!

#13129 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Doesn't really bring the room together.

#13131 7 years ago

SPOILER ALERT in another thread someone said there is a mode where you drive the ecto 1 by hitting the ramps sounds pretty sweet

#13132 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

SPOILER ALERT in another thread someone said there is a mode where you drive the ecto 1 by hitting the ramps sounds pretty sweet

That's "We Got One!"

#13133 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

It ties the whole room together!

#13134 7 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

It ties the whole room together!

Sorry, I typed too slowly.

#13135 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

That's "We Got One!"

Nice first time I heard what it does, a semi video mode

#13136 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Not a VM, just a mode.

#13137 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

GB already has a semi video mode; unfortunately

#13138 7 years ago

If hiting ramps changes the ecto 1 driving animations and points are awarded based on how good you drive ecto 1 it would seem that would be part video mode but I haven't played so not exactly sure what all is going on.

#13139 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

How did you know? I am wearing shorts today and she's wearing pants. I have to say, that was a good guess!

I know, I saw her already. I saw when she put them back on

#13140 7 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

I know, I saw her already. I saw when she put them back on

Interesting, she did just tell me that she caught some guy peeping on her through the window, said he looked like Simple Jack from Tropic Thunder

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#13141 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

If hiting ramps changes the ecto 1 driving animations and points are awarded based on how good you drive ecto 1 it would seem that would be part video mode but I haven't played so not exactly sure what all is going on.

I think my idea of VM is different than yours. Most DMD games have animations and awards that correspond to shots being made. I consider a VM a mode in which the player stops playing pinball and just does stupid crap on the DMD. VM is the only weak part of GB IMO.

#13142 7 years ago

Now that it's getting real close, I'm hoping that those magna slings are coded up a bit more. I'm but worried about them too much, but they're really the only thing that is a question mark for me at this point. I've talked with people who have played with them and have been assured that they're great, but I'm just dying to get personal hands on with them.

#13143 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Now that it's getting real close, I'm hoping that those magna slings are coded up a bit more. I'm but worried about them too much, but they're really the only thing that is a question mark for me at this point. I've talked with people who have played with them and have been assured that they're great, but I'm just dying to get personal hands on with them.

Go pro and don't look back.

#13144 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

No way. I want something different, I just hope that it's the good kind of different. I believe that it will be in the end.

#13145 7 years ago
Quoted from Griffin:

Just got the call from my Distributor to settle up the balance on my LE. It's happening!!!

Sweet! Premiums not much longer then.

#13146 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

What if you are into the full game that JT designed and didn't have to remove stuff due to budget limitations? I say go full version and don't go back..

To me there's three versions:

Ghostbuster's Lite
Ghostbuster's Full
Ghostbuster's Full Limited Edition

Why the is the lite version called "Pro" anyways? I don't get that naming scheme at all.

#13147 7 years ago

Just got my Pro today and I'm liking it... a lot. A few things to note:

It shipped with Code V 1.05. Anyone else seen this before? Stern's website only lists 1.04.

I've had some airball problems, including some jumps over the outlanes (which gets old fast). Seems like the worst airballs are off of the scaleri bros pop-ups and the standup by the left lane.

Coil power on the flippers on "normal" setting is crazy powerful... I had to dial it down (which helped with some of the airball problems). No problems whatsoever hitting anything even with the coil pulse power set down.. still tons of power. This is the first time I've ever had to set my coil pulse power down (or up, as far as that goes).

Game is just brutal out of the box.. short ball times, crazy outlane drains, and center drains. While I have been resisting bringing in the outlane posts, I just may do it.

Here's a pic!

IMG_5556_(resized).jpgIMG_5556_(resized).jpg

IMG_4189_(resized).jpgIMG_4189_(resized).jpg

#13148 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Why the hell is the lite version called "Pro" anyways. I don't get that naming scheme at all. What's 'professional' about it? Can anyone fill me in here

It's not "lite". It's the model to put out in an arcade and earn money. Which is what pinball machines were actually created for, not to sit in the houses of self entitled elitist rich dudes.

rd

#13149 7 years ago
Quoted from Tseamans:

Which is how my corner bar managed to pull off a matched set of #2 LE KISS and GoT. Fucking ridiculous but impressive at the same time.

#13150 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

It's not "lite". It's the model to put out in an arcade and earn money. Which is what pinball machines were actually created for, not to sit in the houses of self entitled elitist rich dudes.
rd

Tell that to Gary Stern, I believe if he decided to sell pinball machines to only operators for location use, then they would be out of business. I'm pretty sure collectors, who are willing to spend thousands of dollars on NIB pinball machines (or "self entitled elitist rich dudes" as you call them) has helped keep Stern in business, and they are thankful for that.

Back in 2013, Gary said this:

"There are more collectors today,” says Mr. Stern, 67 and CEO of the company. He estimates that 80 percent of his company's domestic sales go into homes. “More people are getting into the hobby of it.”

Reference:

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/20130216/ISSUE01/302169976/the-next-thing-for-our-digital-age-pinball

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

15,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 263 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/263?hl=manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.