IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 260 of 360.
#12951 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Ok, rant over. How about them magnetic slings?

Nothing worth talking aboot. No prem/LE are out so nothing new to report.

#12952 7 years ago

Its like tom trunk,some times you have to repair broken wires or buy a new plastic trunk.
The same with the slimer.
You also don't complain to Ford that you have to change your tire's.
Don't complain, its only pinball.

#12953 7 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Oh snap! You'll always be 2nd fiddle to the real thing!

LOL...it's just a job, bro.

#12954 7 years ago

Since some seem incapable of understanding that others have different opinions and are intent on beating a dead horse we need to stop that discussion. From this point on discussion in this thread should be about the pinball machine Ghostbusters. No further talk of the movies a seperate off topic thread can address that if need be.

#12955 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Such a shitshow it triggered pinsides thumbs down abuse system.. Ha

Meaning, you like to abuse the Pinside thumbs system, and then brag about it to the forum openly mocking the rules publicly.

#12956 7 years ago

Stop with the negative exchanges please all lets get this thread on track.

#12957 7 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Stop with the negative exchanges please all.

Seriously, please abide by this dude.

#12958 7 years ago

Stop with the negative exchanges please all lets get this thread on track.

Was this thread ever really on track?

#12959 7 years ago

Maybe not but I'm trying to get it there. Help a dude out

#12960 7 years ago

Has anyone who is in on an LE heard of any solid shipping dates yet? Last I saw in here was the pro is being delayed probably due to the slimer mech re design but has anyone heard when LE or more importantly premiums maybe hiring the streets now? Dying to try out these magna slings for myself in person before pulling the trigger on a premium

#12961 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Has anyone who is in on an LE heard of any solid shipping dates yet? Last I saw in here was the pro is being delayed probably due to the slimer mech re design but has anyone heard when LE or more importantly premiums maybe hiring the streets now? Dying to try out these magna slings for myself in person before pulling the trigger on a premium

Last I heard was international LE's on the line this week, domestic LE's after that. But nothing confirmed.

#12962 7 years ago

Right now best guess is mid June so about a month

#12963 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Hadn't heard this hope it's true u would think if LE on on the line we should get some factors pics or vids

#12964 7 years ago

Since some seem incapable of understanding that others have different opinions and are intent on beating a dead horse we need to stop that discussion. From this point on discussion in this thread should be about the pinball machine Ghostbusters. No further talk of the movies a seperate off topic thread can address that if need be.

Thank you.

#12965 7 years ago

Here some shots of my GB PRO custom.
EDIT : List of use parts ...
--------

||| Some metal parts on playfield are polished for a mirror effect (ball guides/ball gates etc...)
||| LED Green DMD / Green Display Cover
||| Invisiglass
||| Shaker Motor
||| White Silicon Rubber
||| Blue mettalic flipper buttons
||| Blue mettalic flipper bat
||| Purple mettalic Starpost
||| Mini post green neon
||| Custom Instructions Cards

***Chrome***

||| Chrome Sides mirror
||| Chrome Coindoor
||| Chrome Side rails loly pop
||| Chrome Lockbar
||| Chrome Hinge's
||| Chrome Leg's
||| Chrome Shooter ball
||| Chrome T-molding on backbox
||| Chrome Trim Rear Glass

***MOD's***

||| Plastic Protector Green Neon
||| Acrylic Design Speaker
||| Speaker Light LED Kit
||| Ghost Trap LED
||| Proton Pack LED
||| Ecto-1A Car LED
||| Ecto Goggles LED

----------
Click for full size
----------

5000_(resized).jpg5000_(resized).jpg
5000DSC_1199_(resized).jpg5000DSC_1199_(resized).jpg
5000DSC_1215_(resized).jpg5000DSC_1215_(resized).jpg
5000DSC_1217_(resized).jpg5000DSC_1217_(resized).jpg
5000DSC_1227_(resized).jpg5000DSC_1227_(resized).jpg
5000DSC_1228_(resized).jpg5000DSC_1228_(resized).jpg
5000DSC_1230_(resized).jpg5000DSC_1230_(resized).jpg
5000DSC_1235_(resized).jpg5000DSC_1235_(resized).jpg
5000DSC_1240_(resized).jpg5000DSC_1240_(resized).jpg
5000DSC_1313_(resized).jpg5000DSC_1313_(resized).jpg
5000DSC_1349_(resized).jpg5000DSC_1349_(resized).jpg
5000DSC_1355_(resized).jpg5000DSC_1355_(resized).jpg
5000DSC_1400_(resized).jpg5000DSC_1400_(resized).jpg
5000DSC_1413_(resized).jpg5000DSC_1413_(resized).jpg

#12966 7 years ago

Mmm nice chrome!

#12967 7 years ago
Quoted from Namsan:

Ohhhhh I love the chrome. Is that Refinery chrome?

#12968 7 years ago

Chrome for the win!! Best armor I have seen

#12969 7 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Chrome for the win!! Best armor I have seen

and he got the GOOD lolly pop rails too....the ones without the stupid screws in the curved part.

#12970 7 years ago

Anywhere to get something like this at a reasonable price ?? Maybe even not quite as shiney if it's cheaper ?

#12971 7 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Anywhere to get something like this at a reasonable price ?? Maybe even not quite as shiney if it's cheaper ?

Probably depends what you mean by "reasonable"! You could probably call around locally and see if anyone does chrome work and could give you a decent price, but it still wouldn't be cheap to have all the bits done.

Alternately ...

Chrome_(resized).jpgChrome_(resized).jpg

#12972 7 years ago

Thanks guys ^^

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Ohhhhh I love the chrome. Is that Refinery chrome?

No MustangPaul.
------

Here a list of use parts

||| Some metal parts on playfield are polished for a mirror effect (ball guides/ball gate etc...)
||| Invisiglass
||| Shaker Motor
||| White Silicon Rubber
||| Mini post green neon

***Chrome***

||| Chrome Sides mirror
||| Chrome Coindoor
||| Chrome Lockbar
||| Chrome Hinge's
||| Chrome Leg's
||| Chrome Shooter ball

***MOD's***

||| Ghost Trap LED
||| Proton Pack LED
||| Ecto-1A Car LED

#12973 7 years ago

I'd like to hear opinions on people deciding between the pro and premium. So far I'm not overly impressed with the premium. I think the right ramp is much better and the slings, but I think the ramp, slimer, and ecto goggles are marginal.

#12974 7 years ago
Quoted from Namsan:

--------
||| Some metal parts on playfield are polished for a mirror effect (ball guides/ball gates etc...)
||| Invisiglass
||| Shaker Motor
||| White Silicon Rubber
||| Mini post green neon
***Chrome***
||| Chrome Sides mirror
||| Chrome Coindoor
||| Chrome Lockbar
||| Chrome Hinge's
||| Chrome Leg's
||| Chrome Shooter ball
***MOD's***
||| Ghost Trap LED
||| Proton Pack LED
||| Ecto-1A Car LED
||| Ecto Goggles LED
----------
Click for full size
----------

Love me some chrome! Great job!

#12975 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I'm surprised after Stern's industry leading quality assurance and stringent testing procedures, procedures that have been comprehensively refined over 30 years in business, that they would ship a game that featured a mechanical design problem with the main interactive toy on the playfield.

Anybody else find this HILARIOUS?

#12976 7 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Anybody else find this HILARIOUS?

I do! It was a real mic-dropper

#12977 7 years ago

Ok now. So were you serious or being sarcastic?

Anyway, revamp of Slimer mech is interesting and Stern should absolutely send new mechs to original buyers with subpar mechs.

I'm hoping to play the game again soon and get more reps. See what all this unfair draining and Scoleri business is all about. That right ramp is tight, hope I can master the bitch.

#12978 7 years ago

I want to light candles & sing Terry Pendergrass songs to that sexy chrome GB

#12979 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

You mean Terry Jacks?

#12980 7 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Ok now. So were you serious or bring sarcastic?
Anyway, revamp of Slimer mech is interesting and Stern should absolutely send new mechs to original buyers with subpar mechs.
I'm hoping to play the game again soon and get more reps. See what all this unfair draining and Scoleri business is all about.

Sarcastic of course

Agreed on Stern sending new mechs out. If they had to be redesigned after only a couple weeks of production, the right thing to do would be to send the new designed ones out to the people who already received their Pro's.

#12981 7 years ago

Something tells me that most gb owner on pinside will wind up with new slimer mechs, but some people in the wild may never know they exhist.......

#12982 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I agree, I really like the chrome. That being said, I've never been a huge fan of chrome coin doors. I like to keep it to the trim, lockdown bar, hinges and legs... Beautiful game!

#12983 7 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

I'd like to hear opinions on people deciding between the pro and premium. So far I'm not overly impressed with the premium. I think the right ramp is much better and the slings, but I think the ramp, slimer, and ecto goggles are marginal.

That's because no one has a premium yet, and won't for at least a month.

#12984 7 years ago
Quoted from Namsan:

--------
||| Invisiglass
||| Shaker Motor
||| White Silicon Rubber
||| Mini post green neon
***Chrome***
||| Chrome Sides mirror
||| Chrome Coindoor
||| Chrome Lockbar
||| Chrome Hinge's
||| Chrome Leg's
||| Chrome Shooter ball
***MOD's***
||| Ghost Trap LED
||| Proton Pack LED
||| Ecto-1A Car LED
||| Ecto Goggles LED
----------
Click for full size
----------

WOW!

#12985 7 years ago
Quoted from Namsan:

--------
||| Invisiglass
||| Shaker Motor
||| White Silicon Rubber
||| Mini post green neon
***Chrome***
||| Chrome Sides mirror
||| Chrome Coindoor
||| Chrome Lockbar
||| Chrome Hinge's
||| Chrome Leg's
||| Chrome Shooter ball
***MOD's***
||| Ghost Trap LED
||| Proton Pack LED
||| Ecto-1A Car LED
||| Ecto Goggles LED
----------
Click for full size
----------

This is a stunner. I'm not a big chrome guy, but it looks great here. Good work.

#12986 7 years ago
Quoted from Namsan:

--------
||| Invisiglass
||| Shaker Motor
||| White Silicon Rubber
||| Mini post green neon
***Chrome***
||| Chrome Sides mirror
||| Chrome Coindoor
||| Chrome Lockbar
||| Chrome Hinge's
||| Chrome Leg's
||| Chrome Shooter ball
***MOD's***
||| Ghost Trap LED
||| Proton Pack LED
||| Ecto-1A Car LED
||| Ecto Goggles LED
----------
Click for full size
----------

Beautiful! Excellent work!

#12987 7 years ago

Can you do that good of chrome work on some of my cars!?! It really looks great!!

#12988 7 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

Can you do that good of chrome work on some of my cars!?! It really looks great!!

fb04ab7f16cb6922e38ab473f15c7b24_(resized).jpgfb04ab7f16cb6922e38ab473f15c7b24_(resized).jpg

#12989 7 years ago

That chrome job make the game look lite....which is a good thing.

#12990 7 years ago

I finally got to play GB a couple of days ago at our local arcade. Just rocked up randomly and 10 minutes later I see the guys wheeling the table out into the lineup. Would of been one of the first GB's on location in Australia. Here is my first impressions I posted on the AussieArcade Forum

- Got to put in a solid couple of hours worth of play a timezone surfers yesterday. Was there first up when they just put out the machine. Wasn't planned but super stoked with the timing. I have been following this game since the announcment and it was great to finally get to play. I know a lot of people are probally in the same boat and waiting patiently to get a chance to check it out so here are my impresions so far.

Firstly the game plays fast and hard, there is no denying this is not a walk up and mash game. In fact the difficulty and speed will deffinatly put off a casual player. I witnessed this for myself last night about four casual players walked up played one game that lasted about a minute or so then walked away. You could see that the game was to punishing and they werent getting enough ball time or enjoyment to give it another go. That being said for a decent player that is willing to put in a bit of time the difficulty level can be very rewarding. The game requires you to be on your toes the whole time. You need to track the ball and make accurate shots. It is always going to be a short ball game compared with other titles but once you start dialing in I don't think it is impossible to start stringing solid games.

In total I probally put 30 games up over about 2 hours play. It was that much fun I just wanted to go again and again. Once I figured out the storeage multi ball it was pretty much started on every game I played usually second ball sometimes first. Being able to hit multiball every game really made a big difference to the fun factor. The slimmer in the game was pretty poor at registering hits so modes/scenes were hard to start but still managed to collect the basic ones like Spooky Liabry/who let the dogs out. Scenes are worth a lot of points, think houses on game of thrones. With a slimer that registered better the game would open up a whole lot more.

Things are was worried about before I played such as the flipper gap and right ramp were not an issue. The flipper gap while challenging did not seem an issue, you could still easily dead flip and catch/cradle. The sdtm drains always seem to be right down the center so even slightly longer flippers would probally not have saved them. The metal inlanes did cause some cheap bounce drains and I could see for some would feel cheated, on location It kinda sucks but in home use environment not as big a deal. The outlane difficulty was offset by no cheap drains off the Pop bumpers aka TWD and no sdtm off bricked ramp shots. I would put the overall difficulty around the same as fishtales which I have set on 5 balls at home. The difficulty could easily be adjusted for by increasing the ball time save off the start and saucer and maybe increasing the match percentage to compensate for shorter game time.

Overall I love the game the sounds art and flow just worked for me. I'll hold off on giving a final judgement for a couple of weeks and really need to play a game with a more sensitive slimer to get a chance to explore the depth.

This is one I am going to seriously consider for my collection down the line as it just kinda of works for me. Like others have commented everyone has diffrent likes in pinball and I can see this table not hitting the mark for everyone especially with all the hype. Plus the difficulty will turn off players on location. -

As you can see above the one we have on location has a pretty poor registering Slimer. It defiantly makes opening up the scenes a lot harder and slows the just to progress through the game. Maybe Stern will only replace broken Slimers as they need to send a tech to undertake the repairs? Has anyone had experience with how Stern Warranties work? Do they just ship out parts or do the have authorised service techs? I really can't understand why they would risk turning off customers who took the plunge and order straight away for the sake of a pretty low cost part and some shipping charges.

#12991 7 years ago
Quoted from Namsan:

That looks incredible! As others have said, the chrome really looks great! My suggestion.....get something in that tourney button hole.

#12992 7 years ago

Really nice. Sweet!!!

#12993 7 years ago
Quoted from Namsan:

--------
||| Invisiglass
||| Shaker Motor
||| White Silicon Rubber
||| Mini post green neon
***Chrome***
||| Chrome Sides mirror
||| Chrome Coindoor
||| Chrome Lockbar
||| Chrome Hinge's
||| Chrome Leg's
||| Chrome Shooter ball
***MOD's***
||| Ghost Trap LED
||| Proton Pack LED
||| Ecto-1A Car LED
||| Ecto Goggles LED
----------
Click for full size
----------

My pants are shrinking

#12994 7 years ago

Thanks to all, i appreciate

#12995 7 years ago

Okay i just made a quick video for fun, hope you like it ^^
Time to share and sleep 6AM here ^^

#12996 7 years ago

Care to share your custom instruction cards ?

#12997 7 years ago
Quoted from Namsan:

Okay i just made a quick video for fun, hope you like it like me ^^
» YouTube video

Wow.
That was awesome.

#12998 7 years ago

WOOW Copyright Music on my vid, ok here the same vid with a different music without copyright ...

Quoted from Ballypin:

Care to share your custom instruction cards ?

They are in French but i can make the same in English if you want.

Quoted from Arcade:

Wow.
That was awesome.

Thx !

#12999 7 years ago
Quoted from Namsan:

» YouTube video

stern should hire you to produce videos, it's better than anything they ever made.

#13000 7 years ago
Quoted from Namsan:

» YouTube video

Damn, this video is already 10X better the the GB Reboot! Great job.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 260 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/260?hl=aingide and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.