IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 257 of 360.
#12801 7 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

One thing for sure, you cannot compare the artwork. Alien looks like a generic sticker book Playfield. Ghostbusters could be hung in a museum!

It's funny cuz it's true!

#12802 7 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

It's not tonally different. It has the same actors and creative team. It feels like a connected sequel, in a way that Terminator movies after 2, or Batman Forever were not.

so having the same actors and creative team means a movie is going to feel the same? Bullshit on that. and somehow I feel, the same creative team made GB 1 and GB2. I have a feeling, the studio forced a lot of hands on the second movie, and the director (if the same) had his hands tied on the second one.

Madmax and the roadwarrior had the same director and actors. But holy shit do they look and feel totally different.

#12803 7 years ago

Any post about ghostbusters 2 is one too many posts about ghostbusters 2.

#12804 7 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Any post about ghostbusters 2 is one too many posts about ghostbusters 2.

Why...is it not as good as 1?

#12805 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Why...is it not as good as 1?

that's like saying, Explain to me why Episode 1, 2 and 3 the worst trilogy ever made. We would use up so much internet space, it would crash the entire internet.

#12806 7 years ago

Why even keep discussing this over a pinball forum.
By the way GB pro will be delivered tomorrow to my home . Might have time for a few games before heading to CP pinball league.

#12807 7 years ago

at least it's kind of relevant to the game. Not like most of pinsides off rail threads.

#12808 7 years ago

The movie that is

#12809 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

After playing Diner for pin golf at Pin-a-Go-Go, I can say that the Scoleri targets were no less forgiving than the stand ups on that dang game.
I love Diner though, so I can't be too mad.

Diner is a great game but it feels like a suicide mission trying to serve the customers.

#12810 7 years ago

Seems like lots of Pros are getting out the door. I want to say 4 or 5 pinsiders have reported it today alone! Thats good news!

#12811 7 years ago

Finally played the pro....I wanted the premiumn sold tftc to make room cause I thought for sure I would love g.b....not the case got second high score ,reverse flippers ,2 multi balls, and after 7 games i wasn't that impressed i was loving it until I played it, slimmer is o.k rt ramp sucks, left orbit tight ,2 captive balls o.k ,left ramp sweet, rt orbit sweet, it plays fast, is fun jus not as good as I thought it would be, twd, sm ,met seem better to me , I am passing on the premiumn, I dnt hate it jus rather have something else..sorry g.b

#12813 7 years ago

Man I need to find another ghostbusters thread who talks about ghosbusters pinball.

#12814 7 years ago

I went to Logan Arcade in Chicago tonight and played Ghost Busters for my first time. I have a Premium on order and was really looking forward to playing it. They have a Pro in house of course. I was really let down when I first walked up to the machine, it looked cheap and under whelming. :-/ But I threw some money in the machine and played it. It does not drain down the left and right nearly as bad as some of you claim. Ever play Star Trek the Next Generation? This does not drain nearly that much AT ALL. Slimer did not register all hits, you really have to smack it. I wonder if that is by design? other that that I felt the game was boring Sorry to all of you who have an LE on order, but I don't think this one is it. After dumping like 20 bucks playing GB, I went and played Addams Family, Tron, Star Trek, Twilight Zone, Game of Thrones.....All much more fun. Really re-thinking my GB Premium, might cancel.

#12815 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Totally diff'rent, trolls absorb a bunch of energy, and the ball never hits the trolls, goes airborne over the inlanes and drain
These are closer to CC, but are much more brutal. As long as you have time to aim it isn't bad, but when they're up and hit by accident you'll be paying.

I never had issues playing on Trent's games. They seemed just fine there and dropped every time they were hit.

#12816 7 years ago

Certainly first impressions are important.
The first 10-20 games is interesting in reaching decisions.

Some of the games I didnt like after a dozen or so games, and had second thoughts:

TWD
AC/DC
WH2O
BBH
Shadow

All are games now my favorites!

Sure GB isnt going to be for everyone...theme, music, shots.....but I am amazed how often Ive changed my mind!

Watch what the code will be doing and where this grows!.....as well as playing a Premium!

Epic? Maybe not, but the Pro has grown on me now......

#12817 7 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

I never had issues playing on Trent's games. They seemed just fine there and dropped every time they were hit.

For those who don't know, Stern has redesigned the Slimer mech and will be on all newly built machines off the line, as reflected in their newly published manual on their website.

#12818 7 years ago

I only played a bit of ghostbusters and don't remember much. I have the following questions:

How linear are the rules? When you play the game, are you playing the same modes in the same order or is there some variance?

Some mode inserts are placed in line with different shots on the playfield. Are the modes tied into those shots? Can some groups be progressed through while ignoring other groups of inserts? Does the difficulty of the modes/missions get more difficult or are they just different?

Can the multiball(s) be stacked with other modes and/or multiballs?

I know it's early code yet and more will be added. I justed wanted to see what the general direction of things is so far. I have tried to play the local pro on location, but the few times I was there someone else was on it.

Rob

#12819 7 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Can you tell us more about that mod?

The moving Stay Puft will be activated with something on the playfield. It will not be on all the time. I have several options I am pursuing.

#12820 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

For those who don't know, Stern has redesigned the Slimer mech and will be on all newly built machines off the line, as reflected in their newly published manual on their website.

If true that's good to know, at least they are not just sweeping this issue under the rug like the GOT orbit issue which is still shocking in my opinion that they think that's an acceptable solution. Hopefully Stern send out new slimmer mechs to everyone who has already received there pins so far!

But it's still not good enough, the prices continue to rise but for some reason so do the number of production problems, for what Stern are charging at present the amount of issues each new release seems to leave the factory with doesn't seem acceptable and screams laziness on Sterns part, is any play testing happening during the design phase these days? Or during production? Doesn't seem like it if one of the main mechs requires redesigning once they have already gone into production

#12821 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If true that's good to know, at least they are not just sweeping this issue under the rug like the GOT orbit issue which is still shocking in my opinion that they think that's an acceptable solution. Hopefully Stern send out new slimmer mechs to everyone who has already received there pins so far!
But it's still not good enough, the prices continue to rise but for some reason so do the number of production problems, for what Stern are charging at present the amount of issues each new release seems to leave the factory with doesn't seem acceptable and screams laziness on Sterns part, is any play testing happening during the design phase these days? Or during production? Doesn't seem like it if one of the main mechs requires redesigning once they have already gone into production

Yeah, I agree. One would think there would be more QA done. Stern has made a lot of price cuts to games (moving power button, no service rails on pro, etc) as well as cost saving moves (Spike system) and yet prices have actually gone up somehow...

Like you said hopefully existing owners can get a replacement mech for free. For what they are charging they should. If Stern is listening, haste makes waste!

#12822 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I only played a bit of ghostbusters and don't remember much. I have the following questions:
How linear are the rules? When you play the game, are you playing the same modes in the same order or is there some variance?
Some mode inserts are placed in line with different shots on the playfield. Are the modes tied into those shots? Can some groups be progressed through while ignoring other groups of inserts? Does the difficulty of the modes/missions get more difficult or are they just different?
I know it's early code yet and more will be added. I justed wanted to see what the general direction of things is so far. I have tried to play the local pro on location, but the few times I was there someone else was on it.
Rob

The scene modes play at least partially linear. There are 3 rows of modes as described by inserts on the playfield. The player has the ability to start a mode in row but must start with the first mode in the row.

#12823 7 years ago
Quoted from jroakland:

Finally played the pro....I wanted the premiumn sold tftc to make room cause I thought for sure I would love g.b....not the case got second high score ,reverse flippers ,2 multi balls, and after 7 games i wasn't that impressed i was loving it until I played it, slimmer is o.k rt ramp sucks, left orbit tight ,2 captive balls o.k ,left ramp sweet, rt orbit sweet, it plays fast, is fun jus not as good as I thought it would be, twd, sm ,met seem better to me , I am passing on the premiumn, I dnt hate it jus rather have something else..sorry g.b

For those of you not from Oakland, here's a Rosetta stone:

#12824 7 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Do the trolls in MM suck? I found the Scoleri Brothers to be just fine in the games that I have played. Maybe they need tuned a bit out of box. Sure hitting them head on can result in a drain so I tend to hit them with banked shots.

I hope they do more with the Scoleri's than both just popping up together in the middle of whatever mode you're in. Like a timed target shoot type of mode like on Cactus Canyon (though obviously without the cool ball trap and release mech).

#12825 7 years ago

See https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-rulesheet for even more details... but to briefly answer your questions:

Quoted from Rob_G:

Each ladder (sequence of modes displayed on playfield) is linear and thus the game is in general linear; but you can vary it a bit by switching between ladders.

Quoted from Rob_G:

Yes. Yes. And difficulty increases.
Also, after completing any one ladder you get to play the first mini-wizard mode - We Came, We Saw, We Kicked It's ...

Quoted from Rob_G:

Yes... everything can be stacked... but I don't think you can start a new mode in multiball (you can only bring it in if I recall correctly).

#12826 7 years ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

Each ladder (sequence of modes displayed on playfield) is linear and thus the game is in general linear; but you can vary it a bit by switching between ladders.

I really love this "half-linear" setup for a change!

Makes playing the pin more of a quest to beat it and see the "higher levels" rather than only going for score. While I also like non-linear games, you do tend to be able to see 90% of the game within one day and none of the modes feels "special". In a linear game it will take much more time to see everything the game has to offer - no shortcuts that lessen the exploring experience.
Still being able to chose which mode to play by having three ladders loosens the linearity up just enough to keep it interesting.

#12827 7 years ago

Call me crazy, but I'm concerned about the misspelled 'Reinforcement' on the Premium. Stern said the original typo was due to a prototype, but it made its way onto several games. Did they fix the error on the LE/Premium?

I'm a little OCD about spelling errors... kind of like that dude earlier in the thread that couldn't look at Stay Puft because he kept seeing those weird sores or whatever.

Anyway, 'When you Ooze, you Loose!"

#12828 7 years ago

RGB Backbox

#12829 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

RGB Backbox
» YouTube video

Looks Great, plus the Pacman in the background

#12830 7 years ago

I've seen a few of these with toppers that are being lit up. Is there a kit for that, or does the backbox already have the lights on top?

#12831 7 years ago

Funny how Stern said that the playfields with Reinforcement spelled wrong were 'prototype' playfields and the spelling would be fixed for production playfields; and here we are now seeing a major redesign for the Slimer mech. I'm wondering if there is any correlation with the misspelled playfields and the new Slimer mechs.

Down the road when reselling, people will have to state if they have the misspelled playfield so potential buyers know if they are getting a game with the revised Slimer mech, as that playfield was considered a prototype from Stern, yet they shipped it anyway.

#12832 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Funny how Stern said that the playfields with Reinforcement spelled wrong were 'prototype' playfields and the spelling would be fixed for production playfields; and here we are now seeing a major redesign for the Slimer mech. I'm wondering if there is any correlation with the misspelled playfields and the new Slimer mechs.
Down the road when reselling, people will have to state if they have the misspelled playfield so potential buyers know if they are getting a game with the revised Slimer mech, as that playfield was considered a prototype from Stern, yet they shipped it anyway.

Ever play a prototype radical? You would shit yourself on the changes they made between that and production. There is prototype, then samples then production. First 200 or so are usually the sample games. With radical. the early ones, had an extra pop bumper. Upper slingshot and a subway and VUK system to launch the ball up on the ramp. later down the road, that was all taken out and replaced the subway with a stand up target. Pop taken out, and sling taken out. Changes happen in pinball. Major changes during production. This is nothing new.

#12833 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

So they will be worth more for some odd reason.

#12834 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Ever play a prototype radical? You would shit yourself on the changes they made between that and production. There is prototype, then samples then production. First 200 or so are usually the sample games. With radical. the early ones, had an extra pop bumper. Upper slingshot and a subway and VUK system to launch the ball up on the ramp. later down the road, that was all taken out and replaced the subway with a stand up target. Pop taken out, and sling taken out. Changes happen in pinball. Major changes during production. This is nothing new.

I see your point, but Stern said these were prototype playfields weeks before they went into production, and only a few weeks after production, had major problems with the main toy/feature of the entire playfield.

Not sure how it relates to your post though. I'm surprised after Stern's industry leading quality assurance and stringent testing procedures, procedures that have been comprehensively refined over 30 years in business, that they would ship a game that featured a mechanical design problem with the main interactive toy on the playfield.

#12835 7 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Call me crazy, but I'm concerned about the misspelled 'Reinforcement' on the Premium. Stern said the original typo was due to a prototype, but it made its way onto several games. Did they fix the error on the LE/Premium?
I'm a little OCD about spelling errors... kind of like that dude earlier in the thread that couldn't look at Stay Puft because he kept seeing those weird sores or whatever.
Anyway, 'When you Ooze, you Loose!"

It probably will not matter for you anyway since you will be unlikely to see any Ghostbusters in Pyongyang.

#12836 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

It probably will not matter for you anyway since you will be unlikely to see any Ghostbusters in Pyongyang.

How did you know I was in Pyongyang? Don't tell Dear Leader!

#12837 7 years ago

Did You Know the Stay Puff Marshmellow man was the hype man for the rap group Naughty By Nature in the 90s!?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFjWZFvPy9S/

The More You Know...

#12838 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I hope they do more with the Scoleri's than both just popping up together in the middle of whatever mode you're in. Like a timed target shoot type of mode like on Cactus Canyon (though obviously without the cool ball trap and release mech).

It'd be great to have a multi ball start that way. 3 locked in the subway, then Scoleri bros pop up. One ball is ejected. You need to knock down both drop targets to start multiball.

#12839 7 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Maybe he fixed them up a bit, maybe just diff'rent. I haven't investigated mine too deep so I'm not overly worried...but they do reject many a shot.

#12840 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

GB2 is one of the worst sequels ever made.

Patently false. I can think of dozens of sequels in a magnitude worse.

Quoted from Pimp77:

Why do you think Stern barely put anything from that movie into the game?

Well, I've actually spoken to JT about it, have you? He told me at TPF that he left out Vigo because he was "Too scary". He didn't say it was because "GB2 is one of the worst sequels ever made".

Quoted from Mitch:

Ya ghostbusters 2 Is awful. I saw it a couple weeks ago for the first time and i never watch it again. Just terrible.

Ding! Ding! Wrong! But thanks for playing anyway.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

so having the same actors and creative team means a movie is going to feel the same?

Yes, bubbles, that's exactly what I'm saying. It goes a long way in making films feel connected.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I have a feeling, the studio forced a lot of hands on the second movie, and the director (if the same) had his hands tied on the second one.

If you didn't even know that Ivan Reitman directed both GB movies, then you're out of your element in discussing this topic.

#12841 7 years ago

New trailer is out. It's even worse than the first one.

Man, does the FX look like PS2 era graphics.

#12842 7 years ago

English_(resized).jpgEnglish_(resized).jpg

#12843 7 years ago

I do indeed, chucky.

#12844 7 years ago

Haven't watched the second trailer not sure I want to after the first one from what I read this movie is going to rip off the first movie basically a second GB origin story.

#12845 7 years ago

New trailer is out. It's even worse than the first one.
» YouTube video

Special effects look really good actually.

Quoted from Flato:

Haven't watched the second trailer not sure I want to after the first one from what I read this movie is going to rip off the first movie basically a second GB origin story.

Yes, hence the term "reboot."

#12846 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Special effects look really good actually.

Laughably bad. Compare the ghosts in this move to the practical effects in the original.

#12847 7 years ago

Well, I've actually spoken to JT about it, have you? He told me at TPF that he left out Vigo because he was "Too scary". He didn't say it was because "GB2 is one of the worst sequels ever made".

I talked with him. He said that GB2 was a horrible movie, and that he told you that Vigo was "Too scary" just so you'd stop pestering him.

#12848 7 years ago

Laughably bad. Compare the ghosts in this move to the practical effects in the original.

Why can I not compare the ghosts in this movie to the ghosts in the original (The ghosts in this are much better)?
Why do I have to compare apples to oranges?

#12849 7 years ago

Damn, just as this thread was getting back into talking about Ghostbuster's PINBALL, here it goes again with a debate over Ghostbuster's 2.

#12850 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Why can I not compare the ghosts in this movie to the ghosts in the original (The ghosts in this are much better)?
Why do I have to compare apples to oranges?

If it was apples to oranges, this movie wouldn't be called Ghostbusters.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

15,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

15,699 (OBO)
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 257 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/257 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.