IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 254 of 360.
#12651 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

...more or less the same...except one goes up/down, one goes side to side.

Which is a totally different mechanical approach. Let alone that on the Pro, Slimer is a static target. On the Prem. he's a moving target like MB's drac or Mick on a stick.

Pro is more like a "reversed drop target" ( ), while the Prem has a motorized feature. I think it's a huge difference.

#12652 7 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Not sure how you explain that going left and right is "rotating"

Slimer is "mesmerizing you with his semi-circular movement"!

#12653 7 years ago

I am not concerned with the ball hitting slimmer at warp-speed!.What I don't like is the clunky movement of him hitting the captive ball metal and the buildings.

Stern uses computer programs to build these things.Looks like they added Slimer after the build.If they intergrated him with the orginal
design of the LE and Prem.The computer program could of moved or adjusted things for a smooth moving Slimer.

I have OCD.So if this is not fixed.Then I go Pro and not wig out.lol

#12654 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

It's a different mechanism, it angles up to go in the city then levels off to go side to side on the PF and doesn't have the ability to go up and down, where as the Pro only has the ability to go up and down... code cannot fix that, it would take a new mechanism to have that ability.

Thank you for correcting what i could not see.....much appreciate it!

Bacon!

#12655 7 years ago
Quoted from CobraClutch:

"Something is missing . . . I know, let's have Slimer drag across this part of the playfield. Perfect!"
~John Trudeau

Rather than the limited left and right? I would almost wager the pro mech is more complicated than the premium since it's just a spinning rod.

And you'd wager wrong....

#12656 7 years ago

OK, I have all the extraneous crap I apparently don't need, now where's my pin?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#12657 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

I am not concerned with the ball hitting slimmer at warp-speed!.What I don't like is the clunky movement of him hitting the captive ball metal and the buildings.
Stern uses computer programs to build these things.Looks like they added Slimer after the build.If they intergrated him with the orginal
design of the LE and Prem.The computer program could of moved or adjusted things for a smooth moving Slimer.
I have OCD.So if this is not fixed.Then I go Pro and not wig out.lol

nothing a dremmel or heavy duty angle grinder can't fix lol

#12658 7 years ago

I said it before, if I don't get my LE soon I am going to buy way too much GB stuff. How about this 6' X 4' throw rug for under the game? YES!!!

#12659 7 years ago
Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

OK, I have all the extraneous crap I apparently don't need, now where's my pin?

I spy with my naked eye my green leg Light-Ups. Now you "need" beatmasters green shooter housing light up, a Refinery show quality chrome shooter housing, Refinery show quality chrome leg bolts (just for the 2 front legs cuz you can only see the front 2 legs) a green lit shooter knob and clear flipper buttons with green leds etc, etc, etc.

#12660 7 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I said it before, if I don't get my LE soon I am going to buy way too much GB stuff. How about this 6' X 4' throw rug for under the game? YES!!!

Looks cool but which way is your game facing? Can you view your game from the side?

#12661 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I spy with my naked eye my green leg Light-Ups. Now you "need" beatmasters green shooter housing light up, a Refinery show quality chrome shooter housing, Refinery show quality chrome leg bolts (just for the 2 front legs cuz you can only see the front 2 legs) a green lit shooter knob and clear flipper buttons with green leds etc, etc, etc.

They look good mate, can't wait to get them on!

#12662 7 years ago

I hope the Slimer mech on the premium / LE get's some unique shot rules such as moving to one insert and staying there with the insert below it flashing until hit, then it would move onto a different insert. Currently there are no unique rules for the premium Slimer mech and it just randomly moves around while the lighting bolt insert flashes.

#12663 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I hope the Slimer mech on the premium / LE get's some unique shot rules such as moving to one insert and staying there with the insert below it flashing until hit, then it would move onto a different insert. Currently there are no unique rules for the premium Slimer mech and it just randomly moves around while the lighting bolt insert flashes.

It's tough to say for sure. LE and Premium models may get a a few more toys, but there's nothing to guarantee those toys see any significant game rules created for them.

Rob

#12664 7 years ago

I've got my topper sorted and a fraction of the price.......just have to choose which one.

#12665 7 years ago

Has anyone ever seen a game come out with people buying so many mods right away for it? Can't think of one - each machine certainly ends up having some mods and toys people buy, but I think GB takes the cake with how many different ones people are already buying before they even have the machine.

#12666 7 years ago

gotta get a burnt stay puft as a topper. Looks way cooler.

#12667 7 years ago

To anybody who didn't play this game yet, is a Ghostbusters fan and is excited for it like anything else and is planning to buy it without trying it just based on videos seen on internet and the very good comments, BE CAREFUL!!!

The recommendation to always play a pinball machine before buying it should always be follow and takes all its meaning for this title.

I just played the pro version today and like another pinsider (I know it is the minority right now) I felt this game totally boring. It has a nice artwork for sure, a nice package, but the gameplay (most important thing) is not that awesome, at least for me. I own a lotr, a walking dead le, a metallica road case and owned an AC/DC premium, but for this one I was interested mainly by the pro version as based on what I saw the LE didn't bring me the WOW factor vs the pro.

Hope the premium will have a better gameplay otherwise I'll wait for the next title despite I am a Ghostbusters fan...

#12668 7 years ago
Quoted from testps310:

I just played the pro version today and like another pinsider (I know it is the minority right now) I felt this game totally boring.

I hear you however I am not a huge ghostbusters fan by any means, but while playing the machine many times at TPF, I found it one the most fun machines I have played in a long while. Yes, I had no understanding of the rules or anything, but it just seemed fun.

#12669 7 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

I've got my topper sorted and a fraction of the price.......just have to choose which one.

Get that Orc guy in the lower right shelf.

Looking through the merchandise, what's that shop anyway? "Topper's Delight"?

#12670 7 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

I hear you however I am not a huge ghostbusters fan by any means, but while playing the machine many times at TPF, I found it one the most fun machines I have played in a long while. Yes, I had no understanding of the rules or anything, but it just seemed fun.

Yeah. If anything I was leaning towards not buying this game but then I got to play a Pro and I'm back on board.

#12671 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Rotating could describe the Slimer mech on the Prem/LE. The rod rotates in order to move him from left and right across the playfield. Rotating would not explain or define an up and down movement. The rod is the fixed 'y' axis, and the rotation of the 'x' axis (Slimer itself) rotates around the center point/fixed y-axis.
Here is the equation, please take this with a grain of salt because I am not good at math and equations, so here is some brief napkin math:
Rotating the axes is done in a similar way.
The general 2nd degree equation is: ax² + bxy + cy² + dx + ey + f = 0
Original equation was x² – 4xy + y² + 9 = 0
The new equation we seek is: AX² + BXY + CY² + DX + EY + F = 0, and we need to find the angle θ that will "remove" the "XY" term, ie to make the “B” term = 0
Since:
X = xcosθ + ysinθ
Y = – xsinθ + ycosθ
AX² + BXY + CY² + DX + EY + F = 0 ... becomes
A(xcosθ + ysinθ)² + B(xcosθ + ysinθ)(– xsinθ + ycosθ) + C(– xsinθ + ycosθ)² + D(xcosθ + ysinθ) + E(– xsinθ + ycosθ) + F = 0
Expanding & simplifying we obtain an equation of the form
AX² + BXY + CY² + DX + EY + F = 0, where the coefficient of the “B” term is
B = 2(c – a)sinθcosθ + b(cos²θ – sin²θ)
B = (c – a)sin2θ + bcos2θ
To eliminate the XY term in the new equation, we need to choose θ so that B = 0,
➞ (a – c)sin2θ = bcos2θ
➞ cot2θ = (a – c) / b,
Now from the original equation, a = 1, b = –4, c = 1
➞ cot2θ = (1 – 1) /(–4) = 0
This will be true if 2θ = ± 90º = ± ½π radians
We need a cw (ie a negative rotation)
∴ θ = –45º
∴ cosθ = ½√2, and sinθ = -½√2
∴ x = Xcosθ + Ysinθ = X(½√2) + Y(–½√2) = ½√2(X – Y)
∴ y = – Xsinθ + Ycosθ = –X(–½√2) + Y(½√2) = ½√2(X + Y)
Substituting these into the original equation x² – 4xy + y² + 9 = 0 ...
[½√2(X – Y)]² –4[½√2(X – Y)][½√2(X + Y)] + [½√2(X + Y)]² = – 9
(½√2)²(X² – 2XY + Y²) – 2(X² – Y²) + (½√2)²(X² + 2XY + Y²) = – 9
½(X² – 2XY + Y²) – 2X² + 2Y² + ½(X² + 2XY + Y²) = – 9
½X² – XY + ½Y² – 2X² + 2Y² + ½X² + XY + ½Y² = – 9
– X² + 3Y² = – 9
X²/9 – Y²/3 = 1
*This is all BS, and makes no sense or even somewhat describes how the Slimer mech works. By reading this, you have completely wasted your time as I copied and pasted from some random blog on a website.*

Ok I thought you were some genius, now I think you are cruelly ingenius!

#12672 7 years ago

It's funny how some of you guys can judge a game and dismiss it as being boring based on only a couple of plays... I can expect that out of some casual player that isn't some sort of enthusiast, but people on here obviously care about pinball more than the average person otherwise they wouldn't be posting on a pinball forum. The notion that you can play a game a couple of times and determine that it's boring is just hilarious. (Unless you're talking about Wrestlemania, but even that one I gave a LOT of chances for it to win me over).

#12673 7 years ago

To anybody who didn't play this game yet, is a Ghostbusters fan and is excited for it like anything else and is planning to buy it without trying it just based on videos seen on internet and the very good comments, BE CAREFUL!!! When you play this game it will blow your socks off! This game is super fun and will only get better with time! GB4E!

#12674 7 years ago

That post of caution was laughable. Probably should of saved his breath. I just played it last weekend, it's a great game. But I would of bought it whether I played it or not. Go back to your Hobit

#12675 7 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

Looking through the merchandise, what's that shop anyway? "Topper's Delight"?

Nah just a local store that does figurines and other really cool stuff

#12676 7 years ago

I ordered a pro first pin im buying without playing first. Im trusting all you guys.

#12677 7 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

It's funny how some of you guys can judge a game and dismiss it as being boring based on only a couple of plays... I can expect that out of some casual player that isn't some sort of enthusiast, but people on here obviously care about pinball more than the average person otherwise they wouldn't be posting on a pinball forum. The notion that you can play a game a couple of times and determine that it's boring is just hilarious. (Unless you're talking about Wrestlemania, but even that one I gave a LOT of chances for it to win me over).

Yup, gotta give the game a few plays at least and then some more time on it as the code develops to give it a proper shot. I had pretty much written the Hobbit off after playing it last year with early code until I just recently played it again with newer code. Completely different experience. It also helped that I played a few games to get a grasp of the games rules.

#12678 7 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

I ordered a pro first pin im buying without playing first. Im trusting all you guys.

I liked the art package at first sight and then got to play a few games and really liked the pin; however, I have seen both positive and negative reviews, you chose to listen to the positive ones. If you can find one to play it may be a good idea to test it out first. Personally, I would like to buy this machine but 5 - 7k is a lot for me to spend on one pin so I'm considering another "older" dmd pin then selling one in a year or two to buy a GB from the secondary market... IDK, the buzz around this machine is hard to ignore.

#12679 7 years ago

So they put a ghostbusters pro on location 10 mins from my house. I haven't revisited this thread since the reveal. Finally, some one on one time with not one person standing there wanting to play like at shows. It's at the Cleveland pub in new Berlin, Wisconsin. I dropped 10 dollars in it. Buck a play no price break. First thing I noticed after 3 games, what a left drain monster. Holy shit. I mean damn 2 out 3 balls no kidding. Even my girl friend who doesn't play pinball was watching it happen to me and was laughing. She said." You must be really excited to play this new game". Because I was. I'm a person that like to leave a game as it is. But even I would adjust the left out lane post. Also every time I hit slimmer the ball would go down the center with that big huge gap between the flippers. So I felt the need to shake it so it wouldn't drain. But working around those factors the game played great. I was told the game was like 3 days old. I like the flow of the game. Shots are narrow but satisfying to make. Love the music. And a captive ball that actually works to my surprise. All the captive balls in B/W games don't work as good as the one in ghostbusters. Someone actually put some thought into it. Lots of inserts to pay attention to. Because a lot of different things are happening at once. I lOVE the rgb flashing arrows really compliments the art work nicly. Looks better in person then video. Overall i love the game. Thinking about going back today. Since there was no line and nobody wanting to play it.

20160514_221257_001_(resized).jpg20160514_221257_001_(resized).jpg

#12680 7 years ago

I recently (finally) played a GB Pro on location - This location actually has 2 games, so I played both to see differences, playing 16 total games.

Took a few balls to get a feel for the shots. I had complete blast! The shots are satisfying, the music and call outs are awesome, and the games that I played are not nearly as unfairly brutal as previously reported. Sure, you definitely try to avoid the upper sling / outline area all together, but I felt the shots were definitely makable, and yes when you miss you need to recover quickly. In fact I was able to nudge save a few times off the metal ball guides. Difficult, but not impossible. The only tough shot for me was the right ramp, but I did hit it a few times, and its satisfying once you get it up to where the gate stops it. With the Scolari drops, try to aim for the outside edge of the drop for a safer shot.

Everyone has an opinion, but "boring" is not a fair way to describe this game. Storage Facility multiball is super fun. I was 8 ghosts away from Mass Hysteria (100 needed) - You can definitely get into a grove with this game. I had 4 games in a row over 100m and maxed out at 312m. Felt like I had a lot more to do for sure.

This game is going to be a runaway hit, and is totally worth the wait. I can't wait to play it again!

#12681 7 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

Great contribution to the thread. Is this all you can think to post? Useless.

#12682 7 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Play nice now.

#12683 7 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

I think I criticized his negative machine gun posting habits in the LotR thread. This is just his recalcitrant vengeance...

#12684 7 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

I think I criticized his negative machine gun posting habits in the LotR thread. This is just his recalcitrant vengeance...

#12685 7 years ago

Who cares? This thread is about Ghost Busters.

#12686 7 years ago

Anybody feel like this game is very lacking in multiballs; really only has one that is achievable; needs way more multiballs

#12687 7 years ago

ghost busters is not boring but it is not great right now, I'm sure it will get better but right now its just an ok pin. Some will love it more than others but I guess thats like all pins, right?

#12688 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Anybody feel like this game is very lacking in multiballs; really only has one that is achievable; needs way more multiballs

Yes I've been thinking that too, most games the best you can hope for is storage multiball. It takes an exceptional game to get to any of the others. That said it doesn't stop the machine being very enjoyable.

#12689 7 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

ghost busters is not boring but it is not great right now, I'm sure it will get better but right now its just an ok pin. Some will love it more than others but I guess thats like all pins, right?

The Enterprise must be running pretty low on replicated cool-aid by now

#12690 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Definitely needs another multi ball mode. I really think they need to incorporate a Slimer multiball somehow, maybe a Slimer Multiball after cleaning up all his slime you get into multiball. Kind of like TWD once the prison doors open, hit the blue lit shots, then final shot on Zombie head to start Prison multiball. Could be a 3 ball with an add a ball somewhere on the playfield.

#12691 7 years ago

what slimer multiball should be is. You have jackpots setup, but everytime you hit slimer she shits out slime. which covers the jackpots. So you cannot collect that jackpot until you hit that shot to take the slime away. So you need to hit that shot twice to collect. Everytime you hit slimer, he covers another jackpot.

#12692 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

what slimer multiball should be is. You have jackpots setup, but everytime you hit slimer she shits out slime. which covers the jackpots. So you cannot collect that jackpot until you hit that shot to take the slime away. So you need to hit that shot twice to collect. Everytime you hit slimer, he covers another jackpot.

I like it!

Since Slimer moves differently in the Prem/LE models, why not add extra value and add a full blown mode into those games? Do exactly what you said, and make his left-right movements actually mean something and integrate it within a multiball mode. Seems a waste just using him the way it is now. I don't think it seems too hard to add at this point.

Right now, people are debating over if they like his left and right movement or up and down movement better.

There would be no argument if the Prem/LE right-left movements actually change gameplay and add a multiball element. One of the biggest features of TWD Prem/LE over the Pro is the Walker Bomb button and strategy, so this would be a huge plus over a Pro model in itself, and no one could argue which Slimer mech is better then.

#12693 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Awesome idea sounds perfect to me and a little different to the standard hit red arrows once to collect jackpot, plus since we don't have RGB GI it would make sense to use the colour changing "slime" insets as much as possible in as many ways as you can.

#12694 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I like it!
Since Slimer moves differently in the Prem/LE models, why not add extra value and add a full blown mode into those games?

I don't think you can add any additional coding to LE Slimer because there are no positional switches to gauge which shot the mech is blocking. He's just a single shot on both the Pro and LE. Any potential Slimer multiball would likely be the same on both Pro and LE and use the color changing inserts as the jackpot shots.

#12695 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I don't think you can add any additional coding to LE Slimer because there are no positional switches to gauge which shot the mech is blocking. He's just a single shot on both the Pro and LE. Any potential Slimer multiball would likely be the same on both Pro and LE and use the color changing inserts as the jackpot shots.

That would be such an engineering and design disappointment then. Why even have a Slimer that can move to block shots, but not tell it exactly which shot to block in the code? Seems like a wasted opportunity then.

#12696 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I don't think so. The Slimer mech on the premium / LE stops directly over different inserts as it moves. Now code needs to be added to take advantage of that movement and require the player to hit Slimer at those different positions. If rules like that are not added then I don't see the point of Slimer moving left to right on the premium / LE.

The way the code is now the Slimer mech on the premium / LE adds nothing unique rules wise. Hopefully that changes.

#12697 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Scoleri brothers would be a great time to add a 2 ball multiballs for completing the two targets...

and love the slider multiballs idea from others

#12698 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

How about the rules in general? How many posters are really considering them in their evaluations? I played GB at Allentown and had a blast, but I have no idea if the rules are any good or not, because I don't know them yet.

SKB, how are the rules in this mother?

#12699 7 years ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

Scoleri brothers would be a great time to add a 2 ball multiballs for completing the two targets...
and love the slider multiballs idea from others

If you had a Slimer multiball, a good strategy could be to wait to start the Scoleri brothers *during* multiball, and try to hit the drop targets down while ball save is going on, since they almost always end with a bricked shot and drain. There's so many possibilities with a Slimer multiball, and given he's such a main character of the game, along with a main toy, it would be great to see that mode added, while counting towards progressing to Mass Hysteria. Starting Slimer then stacking with Mass Hysteria would be insane.

#12700 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

If you had a Slimer multiball, a good strategy could be to wait to start the Scoleri brothers *during* multiball, and try to hit the drop targets down while ball save is going on, since they almost always end with a bricked shot and drain. There's so many possibilities with a Slimer multiball, and given he's such a main character of the game, along with a main toy, it would be great to see that mode added, while counting towards progressing to Mass Hysteria. Starting Slimer then stacking with Mass Hysteria would be insane.

Wonder if Dwight is reading any of this game of thrones isn't on yet

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 254 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/254 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.