IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 245 of 360.
#12201 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I can give you my paypal if you want to fork over the extra dough for a physical tro!
Because monies....always because monies

I guess...if you can't float it then that's a legit reason, but long term you'll come out at least even on an LE/Prem purchase vs a pro. Not really much risk $-wise.

#12202 7 years ago

How are balls being locked in one trough (a) physical, and locked in another trough (b) virtual?

Technically they are both physical or virtual then.

#12203 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I guess...if you can't float it then that's a legit reason, but long term you'll come out at least even on an LE/Prem purchase vs a pro. Not really much risk $-wise.

Sure sure...I'm not worried aboot the risk. Pro is cheaper, and it's ready right now. I can't be losing practice time because I'm waiting for an LE.
I think because of that I might 'always' buy a Pro anyway...but helping me is the fact I don't have enough greenbacks for a Prem/LE.

#12204 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Sure sure...I'm not worried aboot the risk. Pro is cheaper, and it's ready right now. I can't be losing practice time because I'm waiting for an LE.
I think because of that I might 'always' buy a Pro anyway...but helping me is the fact I don't have enough greenbacks for a Prem/LE.

Honestly, I don't think you're missing much by going pro with this game. Pro is a way better value and traditional slings are better at this point anyways.

#12205 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

You forgot the part where you actually see the ball drop from the steel ramp (not plastic) underneath the playfield. That alone is cool. Also, theres a ball lock intergrated with the ramp plus a VUK / scoop shot where balls are then ejected from. All of that just sounds like fun to me as the ramp (all metal), subway, lock, VUK and scoop just represents this big cool feature on the premium / LE.
How in the hell is just a regular plastic ramp better then all of that? *Mic drop, lol.

I'm not arguing that there is zero value there or that the Pro is better. I'm just saying that when I'm comparing the two models, that feature doesn't add that much value to me. I would have rather they spent the funds and development time on something with more impact.

#12206 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Sure sure...I'm not worried aboot the risk.

What's this all aboot?

#12207 7 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:This may be more relevant to exported pro games, i'm not sure.
Anyone noticed issues with the slimer bash toy responsiveness with the v1.04 pro code? After updating, my slimer didn't respond at all well to flipper smacks! I've gone back to v0.9 where it works perfectly every time.

Yeah, we are noticing the same since 1.04...

#12208 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

The improved right ramp is also a big deal. The left flipper feed is nice, but really it's more of a reliability deal. The shot is VERY tight, and sometimes you'll hit it on the pro but not get credit because it doesn't go quite high enough.

This was fixed in 1.04 FWIW

#12209 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I take it you haven't played Game of Thrones LE / Premium? The light show is amazing.

Does GOT LE/Prem have multi-colored GI like TWD & MET? The multi and dual GI really intensifies how the playfield is. I am not questioning Dwight's skillset to use RGB inserts like he did with ST and GOT, but I really think it comes down to coding abilities for a complex GI system like that, as the cost of single GI / multi GI cant be much more from a parts standpoint.

#12210 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Does GOT LE/Prem have multi-colored GI like TWD & MET?

No...it has like 64 RGB inserts...or something like that

#12211 7 years ago

I don't think it's a coding ability thing. I think it's a time commitment issue. Light programming is VERY simple in comparison to rules and and other stuff.

#12212 7 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Can the player SEE the locked balls on the premium? Where are they?

They're in the containment unit, of course!

#12213 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Honestly, I don't think you're missing much by going pro with this game. Pro is a way better value and traditional slings are better at this point anyways.

It's a win for everyone. Pay less, get a rad game. Pay more, get rad game w/ some cool extra shit.

#12214 7 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

How are balls being locked in one trough (a) physical, and locked in another trough (b) virtual?
Technically they are both physical or virtual then.

It does not matter where the balls are being held. The whole feel of the lock is different when it is physical. You shoot the ball into the lock shot and it stays there. Another ball is being brought into the game through the shooter lane.

With a virtual lock the same ball just stays in the game and you play on with that same ball. For me that is a very different experience and leaves the feeling that I not really locked a ball.

I recently played a MET Pro with the virtual lock and I have owned a MET LE and I found the locking of the balls much more satisfying on the LE, just because you cannot miss the fact that the ball is being locked.

Also when the multiball starts, the balls are coming out of the lock and not from the shooterlane. Completely different feel.

That is of course just my opinion.

#12215 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They're in the containment unit, of course!

Holy trow, they are!

#12216 7 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

It does not matter where the balls are being held. The whole feel of the lock is different when it is physical. You shoot the ball into the lock shot and it stays there. Another ball is being brought into the game through the shooter lane.
With a virtual lock the same ball just stays in the game and you play on with that same ball. For me that is a very different experience and leaves the feeling that I not really locked a ball.
I recently played a MET Pro with the virtual lock and I have owned a MET LE and I found the locking of the balls much more satisfying on the LE, just because you cannot miss the fact that the ball is being locked.
Also when the multiball starts, the balls are coming out of the lock and not from the shooterlane. Completely different feel.
That is of course just my opinion.

Totally agree.

It's better when you can SEE the locked balls though. On GB you can't see them.

#12217 7 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Totally agree.

Far better and an overall cooler effect though then say the plastic pop up ball lock peg on GOT or LOTR.

#12218 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Far better and an overall cooler effect though then say the plastic pop up ball lock peg on GOT or LOTR.

Or WOZ...So not any physical ball lock will do, just the one on GB; got it!

#12219 7 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Totally agree.

But you do see them go down the ramp and vanish, which I think is cool, since you normally see the ball come back up on the ramp. Any time a shot can result in multiple outcomes, that's something I enjoy on a machine.

#12220 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I like when locked balls somehow represent "things" from the license. In GB, the balls are representing ghosts that you trap in the storage unit...the multiball is the scene from the movie when they escape. Overall it's a great concept that represents the theme.

I'm not sure many people notice it, but I think it's really clever on Austin Powers when you get one ball in the time machine (that ball representing Dr. Evil)...and he says "Come, Mini-Me!" and the 2nd ball shoots out for multiball.

#12221 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Are you referring to the amazing LOTR fully metal custom fabricated, game specific sword, that is theme relevant, that has an interactive physical lock with auto ball swapping functionality?

#12222 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Filet is a woman's steak. Might as well be a vegan...
Ribeye covered in butter & blood is a man's steak
Make it a tomahawk Ribeye with side of bone marrow toast & you become one of the chosen
No truer shit will be said in this thread

That may be the post of the week.
But God I love women's steaks. Lol

#12223 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

That may be the post of the week.
But God I love women's steaks. Lol

Same here, i'd rather eat woman's meat... then the meat of a man like what PW79 is into

#12224 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

It's actually driving me crazy and I'm about to code my own Chrome plugin that changes all instances of "Slimmer" on Pinside to "Slimer."

Slammer is a cool ghost!

Rob

#12225 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Same here, i'd rather eat woman's meat... then the meat of a man like what PW79 is into

Ok, I take it back.
That is post of the week. Lol

#12226 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

But you do see them go down the ramp and vanish, which I think is cool, since you normally see the ball come back up on the ramp. Any time a shot can result in multiple outcomes, that's something I enjoy on a machine.

Yes, but that ramp leads to the subway. Ghosts don't get locked up in the subway, do they? On the DMD it shows the containment thingy. But, yeah.

#12227 7 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Yes, but that ramp leads to the subway. Ghosts don't get locked up in the subway, do they? On the DMD it shows the containment thingy. But, yeah.

I dunno, do balls balance on swords? The storage unit toy is right by where the ball drops on the ramp...also, I think the ghost trap lights on the backboard by the ramp curve light up when the lock is lit...so, that makes sense - trap is ready, shoot the trap (ramp)...then the ghost is deposited into the storage unit.

#12228 7 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Are you referring to the amazing LOTR fully metal custom fabricated, game specific sword, that is theme relevant, that has an interactive physical lock with auto ball swapping functionality?

I'm impressed. You've mastered Panzer-speak. I tried in a post but failed big-time.

#12229 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I dunno, do balls balance on swords?

Balls? That's Frodo, putting on his helmet getting ready for battle. Lol

Quoted from Rarehero:

The storage unit toy is right by where the ball drops on the ramp...also, I think the ghost trap lights on the backboard by the ramp curve light up when the lock is lit...so, that makes sense - trap is ready, shoot the trap (ramp)...then the ghost is deposited into the storage unit.

Sounds right.

#12230 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I'm impressed. You've mastered Panzer-speak.

#12231 7 years ago

Just took a tour of Stern and had a great time. Put about 7 longish games on Slimer LE, some thoughts:

The magnetic slings are fine in that they aren't too random or ruin the game as some negative nancies were speculating. I think they make the game slightly easier because the mech that makes them fire is much less sensitive than normal slings, I suppose that could change with adjustment or code changes?

I am not really a fan of the right crossover ramp, felt a bit uninspired and repetitive. Easy to hit over and over. Prefer the right ramp without crossover on the pro.

The goggle projection thing is pretty weak. If Pinball2000 never existed, this would be a cool feature, but it seems dated. Were there multiple screens or the one given were larger I might think differently, but as it sits, it's not very impressive.

Didn't notice a difference with Staf Puft, but wasn't really paying attention to him, doesn't he change color or something on the premium/LE?

Slimer toy changing position is cool, seems like it will wear Slimer or the city molded plastic down as it flails all around when resetting or starting.

Best thing about the premium in my opinion is that the metal ramp and its path is awesome. Looks very steep and roller coaster-like. Can flow during combos, stop and lock balls or just stop the ball for modes or other specific reasons.

All this sounds kinda negative as a whole, but I'd already played the pro previously and was mighty impressed with it. Best pro Stern has done since MET and ST in that you don't really miss the extras from the premium/LE.

I'd compare Ghostbusters to Metallica in that the pro is the way to go. The extras are cool but not essential and I wouldn't recommend the premium/LE unless GB is a dream theme for you or GB ends up being your favorite game of all time or something.image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#12232 7 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Didn't notice a difference with Staf Puft, but wasn't really paying attention to him, doesn't he change color or something on the premium/LE?

He's the same on both & has a color changing LED inside on both.

#12233 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

People downplaying the Slimer movement on the premium/LE are crazy. It makes a huge difference that he moves left and right. Having put in hours of time on the pro, it will be very nice to wait to shoot for Slimer until he's in a safer position than just straight up the middle. He's going to take more skill to deal with overall as it's not the same shot every time. It's a very different experience.

If Slimer stayed in the same position on the LE/Prem people would say he blocks the view like the Metallica hammer

#12234 7 years ago

Saw the Video of the LE, made my decision and finally ordered my Pro wich should hit my distributor coming monday!

Why the Pro? Because the LE/ Premium sucks Ballz of steel!!!

Nah, personally I like the cab artwork best on the pro (wich is not insignificant since it sits in my office where I stare at it most of the day, turned off) and since I only have space for one pin I'd prefer one with regular slings. And despite the ramp to the left flipperfinger (gamechanger) and the subway ramp (wich I think is useless gameplaywise but very cool) this and the rest don't justify ~2600$ extra for me.

But I will build in a shaker from day1!!!

#12235 7 years ago

Sweet review. Ask them if they are ever going to ship me my GB pro!!

#12236 7 years ago

I might use these as my light-up drop targets on my GBLE...

SCOLERI_1_(resized).jpgSCOLERI_1_(resized).jpg

SCOLERI_2_(resized).jpgSCOLERI_2_(resized).jpg

#12237 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I believe that's called skirt steak

#12238 7 years ago

Perfect flasher cover toy for the GB pro.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#12239 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I believe that's called skirt steak

Filet Steak is like the Rolls Royce of steak, as it is lean. However for me, the lean-ness means it has little taste.

Sirloin Steak is a poor cousin and is chewy. It's rarely used here, im always amazed how often you see it in the USA restaurants. Probably because it's cheap I guess.

Rib Eye (or Scotch Fillet as we call it) is the way I go .. The extra fat marbling adds more taste throughout the meat.

Prime Wagyu (or Kobe beef) is a special treat .. Graded by fat marbling ... However it's so rich in taste that some people don't like it.

Meat discussion in the GB thread. Beats banging on about Magna Slings. Maybe if they made the slings out of Wagyu ... Mmmmmmmm

rd

#12240 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

... Maybe if they made the slings out of Wagyu ... Mmmmmmmm
rd

and wrapped them in bacon.. Mmmmmmm

#12241 7 years ago

I prefer Buffalo these days....

#12242 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Where did you get that?

#12243 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I like that.

#12244 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Filet Steak is like the Rolls Royce of steak, as it is lean. However for me, the lean-ness means it has little taste.
Sirloin Steak is a poor cousin and is chewy. It's rarely used here, im always amazed how often you see it in the USA restaurants. Probably because it's cheap I guess.
Rib Eye (or Scotch Fillet as we call it) is the way I go .. The extra fat marbling adds more taste throughout the meat.
Prime Wagyu (or Kobe beef) is a special treat .. Graded by fat marbling ... However it's so rich in taste that some people don't like it.
Meat discussion in the GB thread. Beats banging on about Magna Slings. Maybe if they made the slings out of Wagyu ... Mmmmmmmm
rd

Meat discussion is always a good topic in just about any thread, on any forum

But.. prime Filet... medium rare, seared just right - with just enough crushed peppercorn and sea salt... rivals just about any prime cut of Ribeye in my opinion. BUT... the most perfect cut of Ribeye, cooked perfectly, would definitely tie for first place. We could also throw in a bone-in Filet mignon as well... now thats always a treat. Ok I am hungry, i'll be back later!

#12245 7 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Totally agree.

Next mod: Mini colour (color) camera with a live lock ball(s) view right out on the apron. Somewhere in the range of $300-$500, all good.

#12247 7 years ago

What is it with some pro owners saying the premium sucks and its features are useless? Doesn't make any sense to me. GB premium seems to have some of the best extras yet in a pin. I love my MET pro but can even admit that the premium features are pretty darn slick.

#12248 7 years ago

I got my Panther tickets for their next NZ show in a few months! Will be the 4th time I've seen them ...
London
Auckland
Oklahoma City
And Auckland again! Sweet!

The Panther love my Hearse ...

rd

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#12249 7 years ago

I said it before, I say it again: Stern it is time for a STEEL PANTHER Pinball Game!
I think it would have a cool physical ball lock.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 245 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/245 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.