IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 239 of 360.
#11901 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Was there a time where the magnet did any ball tricks?

Happens at around 32:18 in the video for the first time that I saw when the left sling became lit up and "haunted" for a while.

I recommend watching on mute though because this was also around the time that this Jody(?) person became super gotten to by chat. (I have no idea what was said in chat, but I guess these are some older guys not used to the internet and very easily trolled by stream monsters. In 2016. *rolls eyes*)

#11902 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Well it did drop it right down the middle at about the 43 min mark

#11903 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Go to 59:20 in the vid and watch Trudeau's ball get saved.

#11904 7 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Is there an HD version of the vid? I'm watching it in 360p and it feels like I'm back in the 80's. Or was this done on purpose for the nostalgia factor?

It's HD on twitch TV.

#11905 7 years ago

If we are going to do two clubs I vote this thread turns into the prem/le thread.

#11906 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

If we are going to do two clubs I vote this thread turns into the prem/le thread.

I vote the opposite.

#11907 7 years ago

HD youtube is up i just watched the video in 60fps 720p

#11908 7 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Interesting....
So, if you all remember the CAD drawing that was floating around before the announcement, the one that had the Proton Beams? It also had an action button on the lockdown bar. Of course, when the game was revealed, no Proton Beams, and no action button on lockdown bar.
I was browsing through the newly released code and found an animation scene showing a hand pressing an action button on the lockdown bar. Sort of a visual cue for the player to press the button.
Is this something left over from when the beams where there? Might it be something needed if these Proton Beams are ever released as an after-market mod from Stern?
Perhaps that explains why Stern isn't making a custom designed lockdown bar to go with the custom side rails. Perhaps you only get new lockdown bar with action button if you buy the Proton Beams?

Highly doubtful as the button on the lock down bar is not magic. There has to be a switch mounted in the metal lock rail underneath for the button to push. The cost to add all of that on top of the proton beams would be crazy high.
Not saying it can't be done, but I would give it about a 1% chance.

#11909 7 years ago

I'm happy with the magnaslings. They could have been set a little more sensitive though.

Right ramp seems cool. I don't see the point of it other than to feed the left flipper. Is there another reason for hitting that shot?

I was really hoping to see more of the Ecto-Goggles. I've seen the mini-vid showcasing them, but I didn't see anything additional in the Dead Flip vid. What I was able to see was what I had already seen. Hopefully it is not under utilized.

#11910 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

What do you guys think?

Fortunately leg lights look great on any model.

LTG : )

#11911 7 years ago

I vote for only one GB club. The games have similar code and information or hint/tips from one club will likely apply to the other anyways.

#11912 7 years ago

Forgot to mention also that the slings were amazing especially considering this is early code. Switch can likely be set to be more sensitive quite easily. I am sure the reason for one switch has something to do with the engineering in making the magnets function smoothly. Hitting one switch and then the other in sequence would likely be much more difficult to make a predictable magnet direction pull.

#11913 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballHog:

This might have already been asked but I didn't see it. Will there be a setting were you can take out the language when you want to? I have several tournaments for young kids that I host. I hope they will have a setting to turn it off.

This is directly from "Stern" on facebook:
There is no family mode option at this time. The speech is direct from the movie, which remarkably, is rated PG by the MPAA. We may add that in the future.

#11914 7 years ago

Looks good.

Seems clear that LE will play easier than Pro. Makes sense.

Shorter ball times mean greater earnings on location.

At home longer ball times can get deeper into the game.

#11915 7 years ago

The premium / LE looks to play better then I thought. The left ramp is super fast even with dropping under the playfield and the physical ball lock it's integrated with is really slick. The videos I saw of the Ecto Goggles feature look very cool, what a neat and fun feature. The right ramp really helps add to the challenge and flow of the game. Oh, and those magnetic slings are friggin awesome! Oh, jeez there's so much stuff in this game I almost forgot (lol), the Slimer mech on the premium / LE looks great and has a wider range of motion then I originally thought I would.

Overall the game looks to be incredible. I can now easily see Ghostbusters going down as a top 10 pin as the code continues to develop.

What I like best about the Ghostbusters theme is that it's just fun and the guys at Stern have certainty put a lot of fun into the pin. The Ghostbusters concept itself is fun, the jokes are funny, the characters are funny, etc. It's not about killing, survival, something disgusting, etc but rather just a good and fun time.

#11916 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

There is no family mode option at this time. The speech is direct from the movie, which remarkably, is rated PG by the MPAA. We may add that in the future.

Needs to be added. No reason for it not to be. As I was watching first thing I thought is "ok, need to go to family mode as I don't want my young son repeating that line at school." Help us out here Stern.

#11917 7 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Interesting....
So, if you all remember the CAD drawing that was floating around before the announcement, the one that had the Proton Beams? It also had an action button on the lockdown bar. Of course, when the game was revealed, no Proton Beams, and no action button on lockdown bar.
I was browsing through the newly released code and found an animation scene showing a hand pressing an action button on the lockdown bar. Sort of a visual cue for the player to press the button.
Is this something left over from when the beams where there? Might it be something needed if these Proton Beams are ever released as an after-market mod from Stern?
Perhaps that explains why Stern isn't making a custom designed lockdown bar to go with the custom side rails. Perhaps you only get new lockdown bar with action button if you buy the Proton Beams?

Could it be referencing this?

Screenshot_2016-05-05-06-03-02_(resized).pngScreenshot_2016-05-05-06-03-02_(resized).png

#11918 7 years ago

What do the inside in lanes do? I can't see an insert light, not sure I see the point.

#11919 7 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Needs to be added. No reason for it not to be. As I was watching first thing I thought is "ok, need to go to family mode as I don't want my young son repeating that line at school." Help us out here Stern.

Yeah, I found that interesting, while I personally do not mind it, the young ones in the house don't need to hear that. My EATPM is nearly 30 years old and has the family option, which isn't even close to that, silly innuendos nothing more. Maybe we were more conservative back then... regardless, that option should be included.

#11920 7 years ago

I am certain they will add family mode. Even Star Trek has it!

And the worst it had is "what the hell" and "dammit Jim"

#11921 7 years ago

Interesting they quote right from the movie except they can't put "ass" at the end of "we came, we saw, we kicked its ass..."

#11922 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

What dicks.

#11923 7 years ago

The game looks very cool. I do think the extra ball animation is a bit too long

#11924 7 years ago

Piss on video mode, is that remotely interesting?

#11925 7 years ago

Just finished watching the Dead_Flip stream for the Pro and LE. The slings on the Pro are definitely more active than on the LE, maybe due to having 2 leaf switches. Hopefully there will be some magna settings to increase sensitivity of the slings. Can't go wrong with either Pro or Prem/LE

#11926 7 years ago

How do the guesses work on video mode? Are these truly random guesses or is there some pattern? Jack was getting quite a few of them in a row correct.

#11927 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

How do the guesses work on video mode? Are these truly random guesses or is there some pattern? Jack was getting quite a few of them in a row correct.

Always bacon...

#11928 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Highly doubtful as the button on the lock down bar is not magic. There has to be a switch mounted in the metal lock rail underneath for the button to push. The cost to add all of that on top of the proton beams would be crazy high.
Not saying it can't be done, but I would give it about a 1% chance.

Yeah, I spaced that part. Must just be left over from when it was originally going to have the button.

#11929 7 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I loved it all but do question not having two switches for each sling. There must be a reason but I would have liked to see them triggering more often. Too high a count of failing to fire. Not dropping the LE though, just too much potential!

Yea I am really surprised folks aren't more concerned about this, that was my one and only negative takeaway. Really seems like 2 switches would have worked better as even if adjusted its unlikely to account for hits to the lower and upper part of the slings without making it way to sensitive to center hits. But maybe there is a good reason I am not thinking of

That said I think the magnet action when triggered was pretty solid, close enough to a normal sling for me!

#11930 7 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Kinda baffled why this would get down voted. Not saying you shouldn't have the language in there, just saying that an option to turn it off, which has been standard in pinball machines for the last 30 years or so, should be added...

#11931 7 years ago

I like that the slings were not too intrusive. Remember there was worry about multi ball with these magnets. So you would probably have more complaints if they were too active. It's early code so the safe way of doing this would be to add more in baby steps. Gotta crawl before you walk. But I am glad they worked and didn't turn into a disaster.

#11932 7 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Kinda baffled why this would get down voted. Not saying you shouldn't have the language in there, just saying that an option to turn it off, which has been standard in pinball machines for the last 30 years or so, should be added...

Stern seemed open to doing this and I bet they will. They know a lot of their home customers have families and children and don't want to lose sales. I'd give them a little time as the questionable language comes direct from the movie samples they are using.

#11933 7 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

My sopranos has the option and it's over 10 years old.

#11934 7 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

I like that the slings were not too intrusive. Remember there was worry about multi ball with these magnets. So you would probably have more complaints if they were too active. It's early code so the safe way of doing this would be to add more in baby steps. Gotta crawl before you walk. But I am glad they worked and didn't turn into a disaster.

Yea I agree, overall I am pleased with the slings. That said code is not going to help a physical switch trigger more often but I am sure us we can figure a way to do that

What code can do is add even more to the cool effects the slings can do! I think there is much more that we haven't seen yet in that department.

#11935 7 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

That said I think the magnet action when triggered was pretty solid, close enough to a normal sling for me!

I was pleased to see the magnaslings in action. I did notice the slightest lag between hit and fire on the slings. To my eyes it made the slings look "sticky". Nothing terrible, just an unfamiliar sling action.

I'm holding any more opinions or action until I can pump some quarters into a Prem/LE.

#11936 7 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

My sopranos has the option and it's over 10 years old.

Even Shrek has a family mode! SHREK.

#11937 7 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

I'm holding any more opinions or action until I can pump some quarters into a Prem/LE.

Yea me too...I am in on a premium but I think I will get a chance to play both pro/LE before it ships I did play a pro at Stern and very much enjoyed it. Didn't find it quite as brutal as others.

#11938 7 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Hold on a minute!
You mean, contrary to all the Pinsiders comments earlier, the magna-slings DONT cause cancer after all?
I was also surprised to see that none of the players burst out in tears (unlike a few Crazy Pinsiders who shall remain un-named) from the game being too hard.
Who woulda thunk it?

I think the big reveal here is that the slings aren't actually slings the majority of the time. The majority of the time they play as dead, until lit, then they play magna-sling.

If they were active the full time, the outcome would be VERY different. The fact they play dead the majority of the time really is the keystone. Given how brutal people have been complaining the game is.. I'd wager many will prefer this 'dead sling' play as it makes the game easier.

#11939 7 years ago

Slings are always active there is no on or off sling mode. They looked less active due to the fact there is 1 switch, and it is located in the center.

#11940 7 years ago

I don't think the sling switches were out of adjustment, it's that until the slings are lit for the two different types of play (the inserts in front of the slings) the magnets don't do anything at all. They stated multiple times the slings have three modes.

Edit: I don't know.. I guess we'll see when we get more play time.

#11941 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I don't think the sling switches were out of adjustment, it's that until the slings are lit for the two different types of play (the inserts in front of the slings) the magnets don't do anything at all. They stated multiple times the slings have three modes.

Yes, they mentioned "standard" "catch and hold" and "do crazy stuff" (can't remember what they really called it). There was no "dead" mode.

#11942 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I think the big reveal here is that the slings aren't actually slings the majority of the time. The majority of the time they play as dead, until lit, then they play magna-sling.
If they were active the full time, the outcome would be VERY different. The fact they play dead the majority of the time really is the keystone. Given how brutal people have been complaining the game is.. I'd wager many will prefer this 'dead sling' play as it makes the game easier.

I noticed this as well, and was wondering why more people aren't commenting on it... Most kept saying in the chat during the video that the magnaslings are acting like normal slings ... Well that wasn't what I saw - the magnaslings were dead a majority of the time and the ball was just bouncing off the rubber. I also agree that the dead slings are probably the right choice, since they can't get them to function like normal slings a majority of the time (I always doubted this was possible). I do think they are a fun feature when activated, though. As others have said in the past - I wish there was a way to have both normal working slings, and a magnet feature that would enable the magnet and turn off the slings when in that mode. But that would take some heavy engineering to get both to somehow fit in that spot.

#11943 7 years ago

Yea they are always on for normal sling action , the lights Indicate the special modes. They one switch is why they don't activate as often.

#11944 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Given how brutal people have been complaining the game is.. I'd wager many will prefer this 'dead sling' play as it makes the game easier.

Vocal minority. The game is hard, but not nearly as hard as say TWD or IM.

#11945 7 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Interesting they quote right from the movie except they can't put "ass" at the end of "we came, we saw, we kicked its ass..."

This is the first thing I thought about as well.

#11946 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Piss on video mode, is that remotely interesting?

Agreed. I have the pro and the video mode is just annoying. I like video modes normally but this one does seem pointless...which is how you end up if you keep guessing. At least you can just cash in straight away if you want to but surely they can do better than this?

#11947 7 years ago

Another thought is to undersize a silicone ring for the slings.
Since they arent being stretched by a coil mechanism, the undersize will give a "
"taunter" position against the single switch, making it more sensitive in either direction.

Just a thought......But having messed with lots of different material, I think this will be of help.

#11948 7 years ago

Does anyone think the magna slings tame the game down too much? It's kind of concerning that Jack was able to reach the main wizard within a handful of plays. Are there other wizard modes beyond "We came, we saw..."? I liked the function of the slings (when they worked) and the sound effects but they didn't exactly create a lot of fast horizontal motion on the ball.

#11949 7 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I have the pro and the video mode is just annoying.

Yeah, it's not my cup of tea. Depending on how it's coded, it requires either memorization or luck to succeed, neither of which are any fun. In my opinion, a video mode should have some element of fast reflex video game skill. Even the STTNG video mode which is memorizable requires you to perform it quickly and accurately.

#11950 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Does anyone think the magna slings tame the game down too much? It's kind of concerning that Jack was able to reach the main wizard within a handful of plays. Are there other wizard modes beyond "We came, we saw..."?

Yes. "Are you a god?"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 103.00
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 239 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/239 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.