IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 238 of 360.
#11851 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Stern hasn't been laying off anyone. They are making hardcore hefty profits

Yes, but my comments are not about what the current model is, but what the model was before and you suggesting they COULD still do... yet when they were doing that, the business was barely staying afloat. It wasn't sustainable, which is why Gary had to do massive cost cutting.. like laying people off and reducing BOMs.

And why no one else (who even started out with the practical pricing idea) isn't able to deliver LE/Premium level games at pro prices.

So its not just a choice, but one of practicality as well.

#11852 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Looks awesome, although it's a little concerning that he hit one of the wizard modes that fast. Still looks like loads of fun.

Totally agree, awesome but collecting 100 ghosts doesn't look that difficult.

Not even close to killing 115 Walkers.

#11853 7 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

Anyone on here going to switch their pro order to premium after seeing this?

Already did.

#11854 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Totally agree, awesome but collecting 100 ghosts doesn't look that difficult.
Not even close to killing 115 Walkers.

I thought everyone was saying the game was too hard and no one would ever see any of the modes?

#11855 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Stream was great, all the features look awesome...too bad it was hard to see the Ecto Googles, but the few times I saw the image in them, it looked cool...I can see how it's gonna work, and it's very sweet. I like how it had other things besides ghosts - I saw "SUPER JACKPOT" popping up in the goggles a few times. Magna slings look great!
I'm excitedly awaiting my Premium's arrival!

That's all it needs...since there's one switch on each sling vs 2 on normal slings, adjusting it tight will give more action.

I saw some reflection from the dmd that I thought was other things in the googles..that may have been a reflection, but I hope it wasn't cause it cant hurt to see whats going on without lifting your eyes off the field.

#11856 7 years ago

You can tell the game was designed to have those slings. I'll try to pick up a Premium somewhere down the road, cancelled my original order as I wanted something else and they'll still be making this in a years time.

#11857 7 years ago

I'm very satisfied with how this machine has progressed so far. It will be equally satisfying checking in on this thread every day as most of the speculation (and negativity) should be put to rest. It has been a crazy 11K post ride in here and it's nice to see what looks to be a happy ending! Good job Stern Pinball.

#11858 7 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

I saw some reflection from the dmd that I thought was other things in the googles..that may have been a reflection, but I hope it wasn't cause it cant hurt to see whats going on without lifting your eyes off the field.

I definitely saw full color ghosts that 'blew up' when the ball flew through them - and full color "SUPER JACKPOT" in the goggles as well.

#11859 7 years ago

Thanks to everyone who came out to watch! Ghostbusters LE is daaaamn fun!

Love you all, and thanks for keeping this community positive!!

The YouTube link will be here when I get home to upload it!!

#11860 7 years ago

GB Pro Gameplay Video With a shaker motor.

#11861 7 years ago

Stream was great, slings are super cool and nothing like some people though they would be. Even the sound they have is awesome. Slimer movement is better than expected. Googles......are........ Well image is very small. Although the surface to cover is small I was expecting a zoomed in ghost, not an entire small from far ghost. Still cool.

Thanks Jack

Yeah I heard Jody mentionned a few names. And a few people on the chat, impostors or not still the names keep coming back, kaneda, kirk, kpg, even saw oldpinguy and flank at one point. Nothing very shinny for our community.

Even Jack deleted them or said a few times : nothing insightful worth of mention.

Purpose of these inside streams is to answer a few questions or concern some of us have.........not to dirty thrash talk old Jody.

Anyway....can't wait to play the premium

#11862 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I definitely saw full color ghosts that 'blew up' when the ball flew through them - and full color "SUPER JACKPOT" in the goggles as well.

Ok then I did see a terror dog in it too, I thought it was a reflection but it looked blue. That's killer

#11863 7 years ago

I dont do facebook, but I sure as hell typed a bunch of comments that went no where!

I keep getting so excited.....and its early code!!! This is already Amazing!!

Cant wait! Unboxing Party!

#11864 7 years ago

Hold on a minute!
You mean, contrary to all the Pinsiders comments earlier, the magna-slings DONT cause cancer after all?
I was also surprised to see that none of the players burst out in tears (unlike a few Crazy Pinsiders who shall remain un-named) from the game being too hard.
Who woulda thunk it?

#11865 7 years ago

Can't wait to see how this game ranks 6 months from now.

#11866 7 years ago

Here is the YouTube link!

It's uploading!

#11867 7 years ago

OK I watched and here are my thoughts.

1-Magna Slings - Still al title on the fence but they perform well, I do think they made a mistake by not going with the traditional 2 leaf switches, but hopefully you can just make the one switch a little tighter so they trigger just a tad more often.
2-Ecto-Goggle - Hard to tell , but seems cool and pretty much what we expected.
3-Subway Ramp - Loved it, I like how it locks balls and starts modes not a game changer but a nice feature for sure.
4-Right Ramp - Much better than the pro ramp....but...its rarely hit so not that big a deal.
5-Slimer - Like that he has more range of motion, but I do miss the up and down float of the Pro one wish it did both

Overall, its a close call pro is great for $1700 less than a premium as cool as some of the features are not sure they are as game changing as I may have thought....but I am gonna play the Pro and LE before thinking of going down to a pro

#11868 7 years ago

Can anyone tell me where in the stream they show off the ecto goggles?
Still don't understand them,do you have to lean over and look from the top? Or are they somehow projected underneath?

#11869 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

somehow projected underneath?

This.

Look under the yellow sign above them to spot them below.

LTG : )

#11870 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Still don't understand them,do you have to lean over and look from the top? Or are they somehow projected underneath?

Check out dead flips Facebook or Instagram for a vid

#11871 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Here it is..........

https://www.facebook.com/DeadFlip/videos/632761773538312/

#11872 7 years ago

Today we saw the game the way it was meant to be.

I was also concerned about the slings like most of us and although I wouldvlike to see them more sensitive I do think they 'belong' in the game to create the overall balance that we saw today. Maybe after a few more code tweaks we will see that the mag-slings are the 'only' way to experience this game in it's total realization.

The Pro's are great and offer so much for their cost, but I'm glad I ordered my LE early on.

....of course I'm biased....DUH!!!

#11873 7 years ago

I have the LE on order and was going to buy a Pro for the break room at work.

After watching that video, I believe the Premium is a must. Damn, this games looks and sounds great.

#11874 7 years ago

the stream was good , the slings worked very well and to think the code is still early , it can only get better !

#11875 7 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Thanks for taking the time to satisfy MOST of the pinball community in one sweet stream Jack.
Kudos to Dr. Flash, Zombie Yeti and Dwight for making such an amazing game in the first place.

Today was a good Wednesday...
Edit:
I take that back. Just read Mike C died in a motorcycle accident. Shiny pin-parts around the world just got a bit duller...

#11876 7 years ago

Yeah that video was awsome, its going to be real hard for people to hate on the mag slings now, Premium/LE for the win, but i have to say the pro does give you A LOT of value for the dollar especially compared to the LE.

#11877 7 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Thanks for taking the time to satisfy MOST of the pinball community in one sweet stream Jack.
Kudos to Dr. Flash, Zombie Yeti and Dwight for making such an amazing game in the first place.
Today was a good Wednesday...

Thanks!!!

#11878 7 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Here is the YouTube link!
» YouTube video
It's uploading!

You guys are awesome!! Great vid

#11879 7 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Thanks to everyone who came out to watch! Ghostbusters LE is daaaamn fun!
The YouTube link will be here when I get home to upload it!!

Fantastic Job!! Dead Flip!!

#11880 7 years ago

Cool. So you have to look through the top right seems

Quoted from LTG:

This.
Look under the yellow sign above them to spot them below.
LTG : )

Looks like combination of both. Projected underneath but it you need to look from the top to see.

#11881 7 years ago

Thanks for the stream. LE looks to play even better than the pro. Trudeau is a master!

#11882 7 years ago

Pro might be nice this time around, but after watching that video, it's clear that the Premium/LE is the "Full" game.

Everything looked great. This video from Stern's Facebook shows the Ecto Goggles much better than the stream.

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/10154140312259244/

#11883 7 years ago

Is there an HD version of the vid? I'm watching it in 360p and it feels like I'm back in the 80's. Or was this done on purpose for the nostalgia factor?

#11884 7 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Is there an HD version of the vid? I'm watching it in 360p and it feels like I'm back in the 80's. Or was this done on purpose for the nostalgia factor?

Takes a while to upload full quality

#11885 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Takes a while to upload full quality

Thanks. I guess I'll wait another hour.

#11887 7 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

Anyone try this out?
- Added some Easter Eggs. To do a basic Easter Egg you hold in both flippers
then you enter a sequence of numbers/letters. To enter one
number/letter you hit the left flipper button X times counting as you
go. When you reach the number/letter you need stop and hit the right
flipper button once. When you are all done you need to hit the right
button one more time. For example to enter code 3 3 3 (or C C C) you
would hold in both flippers then LLL R LLL R LLL R R.
- Added Game credits Easter Egg ( 1 2 3 )

There is a hidden code in the DMD trap animation for the ballroom, you can only really see it for one frame towards the end:

capture.pngcapture.png

#11888 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I'm like a kid right before Christmas. I've been wanting this machine since middle of last year.. so the video was a relief and I am gonna be anxiously awaiting it like when I knew I was getting a new Huffy for Christmas back when I was 8 years old

My huffy got stolen! Lock up this LE haha

#11889 7 years ago

This might have already been asked but I didn't see it. Will there be a setting were you can take out the language when you want to? I have several tournaments for young kids that I host. I hope they will have a setting to turn it off.

#11890 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What time was that?

Anyone see any issues with the magnetic slings or ball lock? I just watched the first match looked solid to me.

#11891 7 years ago

I guess I am the only person that was extremely frustrated by that video.

I wanted to see the magna slings in all their glory, but instead mostly just got to see how it would play if you disabled the slings entirely. I was only able to watch about 40 minutes, but I estimate 8-9 times out of ten the sling failed to fire when it should have. I assume this is from a poorly adjusted switch and hope that they will perform much better when properly adjusted. I guess I'll just have to wait to find out.

#11892 7 years ago

Interesting....

So, if you all remember the CAD drawing that was floating around before the announcement, the one that had the Proton Beams? It also had an action button on the lockdown bar. Of course, when the game was revealed, no Proton Beams, and no action button on lockdown bar.

I was browsing through the newly released code and found an animation scene showing a hand pressing an action button on the lockdown bar. Sort of a visual cue for the player to press the button.

Is this something left over from when the beams where there? Might it be something needed if these Proton Beams are ever released as an after-market mod from Stern?

Perhaps that explains why Stern isn't making a custom designed lockdown bar to go with the custom side rails. Perhaps you only get new lockdown bar with action button if you buy the Proton Beams?

Untitled_(resized).jpgUntitled_(resized).jpg

#11893 7 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I wanted to see the magna slings in all their glory, but instead mostly just got to see how it would play if you disabled the slings entirely. I was only able to watch about 40 minutes, but I estimate 8-9 times out of ten the sling failed to fire when it should have. I assume this is from a poorly adjusted switch and hope that they will perform much better when properly adjusted. I guess I'll just have to wait to find out.

Agree. There doesn't seem to be nearly as much sling action. Would like to hear the reason why they opted for a central switch rather than a traditional double switch layout on each sling. I'm sure the gap can be tweaked some. Wondering if maybe the sling size and location add to the lack of sling bounces. Lots of shots seem to return right to the flippers.

#11894 7 years ago

Was there a time where the magnet did any ball tricks?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#11895 7 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I only watched a little and will watch more later when the quality it better. Slings looked okay to me. I was expecting them to whip the ball in weird ways and drain. They actually look fairly tame which isn't a bad thing for me. Overall, I am very impressed given that the code is early and game just looks fantastic. Now I really want a premium but will wait until I can play one before deciding.

#11896 7 years ago

so the game looks great, slings look fine, love the music but the ernie lines are terrible. It's really a shame b/c the sound is so good otherwise. Also the ecto googles were a big let donw. The ghosts are WAY to small. I was picturing much bigger.

#11897 7 years ago

Looks like we're gonna have to have a GB Pro Club and a GB Premium/LE Club. What do you guys think?

#11898 7 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I loved it all but do question not having two switches for each sling. There must be a reason but I would have liked to see them triggering more often. Too high a count of failing to fire. Not dropping the LE though, just too much potential!

#11899 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballHog:

This might have already been asked but I didn't see it. Will there be a setting were you can take out the language when you want to? I have several tournaments for young kids that I host. I hope they will have a setting to turn it off.

Dwight sincerely said "not yet" when asked if there was an option to remove the cursing at the very beginning of the stream so I would think a "PG mode" will be in a future revision. There are only 4 or 5 call outs that would need to be removed. (Although the "are you menstruating?" line is in here too but I don't think that is being used currently )

#11900 7 years ago

Wow I guess I'll be the first to say it since the le play video release...

$10k by Christmas!!!

Keeping my le

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 238 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/238 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.