IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 236 of 360.
#11751 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Sweet! look's like they made KME's suggestion a reality.
- The Captive Ball toggles the flipper control from reversed
to normal and back.

Still needs adjustment in settings to disable reverse flipper mode altogether

#11752 7 years ago

Goggles don't look that exciting to me sadly. But again it isn't in person so it doesn't count

#11753 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Goggles don't look that exciting to me sadly. But again it isn't in person so it doesn't count

It's one of those effects you will need to see in person to appreciate.

#11754 7 years ago

Courthouse scene is amazing but the rest of GB2 is garbage and I say that with GB being my favorite movie of all time

New code sounds good.

#11755 7 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Courthouse scene is amazing but the rest of GB2 is garbage and I say that with GB being my favorite movie of all time
New code sounds good.

I always liked the underground scenes with slime tunnel and train

#11756 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Sweet! look's like they made KME's suggestion a reality.
- The Captive Ball toggles the flipper control from reversed
to normal and back.

Wow, sounds cool. Is that for normal play or just during a specific mode?

#11757 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Is that for normal play or just during a specific mode?

Mass Hysteria MB

#11758 7 years ago

The change log makes it sound like its for normal play?

#11759 7 years ago

So I am thinking that 1 way hinge (sorry, not sure on the official term) that leads into the Ecto-goggles is far enough ahead that it will trigger the exploding ghost animation in the goggles as the ball travels underneath. . . if that makes any sense.

#11760 7 years ago

Who thinks they're still making last minute changes to the LE code right now?

#11761 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The change log makes it sound like its for normal play?

No. You have to hit the captive ball to do normal things like light lock and all that

#11762 7 years ago

I see Slimer parked above the city/pops.

Ghost containment toy looks good too.

Ecto Goggles looks good so far....but really going to have to experience in person to fully appreciate.

Looking forward to this more than ever!

#11763 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No. You have to hit the captive ball to do normal things like light lock and all that

The change log doesn't specifically say Mass Hysteria multiball though for that change.

Could reverse flippers now occur at anytime? If so it would be cool if points are doubled while in that state.

#11764 7 years ago

Anyone try this out?
- Added some Easter Eggs. To do a basic Easter Egg you hold in both flippers
then you enter a sequence of numbers/letters. To enter one
number/letter you hit the left flipper button X times counting as you
go. When you reach the number/letter you need stop and hit the right
flipper button once. When you are all done you need to hit the right
button one more time. For example to enter code 3 3 3 (or C C C) you
would hold in both flippers then LLL R LLL R LLL R R.
- Added Game credits Easter Egg ( 1 2 3 )

#11766 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The change log doesn't specifically say Mass Hysteria multiball though for that change.
Could reverse flippers now occur at anytime? If so it would be cool if points are doubled while in that state.

True I am assuming....if it does it every time you hit it, not going to last long in my house.

#11767 7 years ago

Looks pretty cool but you need to be looking down from above the glass a ways to be able to see the effect. For kids or someone with a low stance (like Lyman) I'm not sure if they'd actually be able to see the Ecto Goggles effect from a low viewpoint?

#11768 7 years ago

The return from the right ramp wire form looks like its going to be fast

#11769 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Looks pretty cool but you need to be looking down from above the glass a ways to be able to see the effect. For kids or someone with a low stance (like Lyman) I'm not sure if they'd actually be able to see the Ecto Goggles effect from a low viewpoint?

Im short and got the LE coming if i cant see the ecto display properly ill shim it or tilt it someway so it works good for me hopefully. To bad for the tall people that come over.

#11770 7 years ago

Kudos to KME for making a cool suggestion for MH MB and kudos to Dwight for pulling it in.

#11771 7 years ago

Yeah it really cool that they took knew suggestion and put it in game can't wait for the video now t minus 2.5 hours

#11772 7 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

Anyone try this out?

Just tried it. The 'CCC' displays 'Hello, World' on the DMD.

Call outs in attract mode crack me up ... 'Since I joined these men, I have seen shit that’ll turn you white.'

#11773 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Call outs in attract mode crack me up ... 'Since I joined these men, I have seen shit that’ll turn you white.'

How about 123?

#11774 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I just loaded the 1.04 code into Pinball Browser, and wow, the quality of music and sounds in stereo at 44.1Hz is SO much better then the SAM 22Hz mono sounds! Can't wait to hear them on the machine

Finally had a chance to go through some more of the code in Pinball Browser, and theres a lot more music then we have seen in any gameplay videos... I am surprised how well done it is to be honest. Very high quality, well produced, and very 80's feeling. Lots of bass, an external sub is going to do wonders with it.

#11775 7 years ago

I'm in England
Can some tell me how long left in minutes/hrs till the stream?

Thanks

#11777 7 years ago

2 hours 7 minutes from now

#11778 7 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

How about 123?

Plays the theme and scrolls the credits on the DMD

#11779 7 years ago

2h3m. This isn't making my work day go any quicker...

#11780 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Ahh... C++ developers (maybe Java or even HTML) from back in the day!

#11781 7 years ago

In the code that Stern has posted, the sound effects from Request 224 - 228 are nothing but proton beam firing sound effects. Must have been recorded when the 'crossing the streams' feature was still planned.... that's too bad.

#11782 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Finally had a chance to go through some more of the code in Pinball Browser, and theres a lot more music then we have seen in any gameplay videos... I am surprised how well done it is to be honest. Very high quality, well produced, and very 80's feeling. Lots of bass, an external sub is going to do wonders with it.

Are there a lot more call outs from the movies that are unused?

Thanks.

Brian

#11783 7 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Are there a lot more call outs from the movies that are unused?
Thanks.
Brian

There are a massive amount of call outs... its pretty crazy. So many great clips from the movie used, all recorded in very high quality sound. Some of the Ernie Hudson custom ones are a bit cheesy, especially when he yells "Mass Hysteria MultTEEEEEE BALL"

#11784 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Some of the Ernie Hudson custom ones are a bit cheesy,

You don't say...

#11785 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You don't say...

Guess its better then the redneck custom callouts from TWD

I know I'll be replacing many of Ernie's callouts with some more movie sound clips

#11786 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

There are a massive amount of call outs... its pretty crazy. So many great clips from the movie used, all recorded in very high quality sound. Some of the Ernie Hudson custom ones are a bit cheesy, especially when he yells "Mass Hysteria MultTEEEEEE BALL"

In situations like that, I'd rather them just play the movie clip "Dogs and cats living together...Mass Hysteria!" and start the MB.

#11787 7 years ago

agreed - the worst call outs are the one recorded recently by Ernie - just doesn't fit or sound natural.

#11788 7 years ago

Okay, only 30 min left (CDT in Illinois)

Spoiler warning! When examine the firmware, you see all the (not yet implemented) features of the raw game.
The code graphics contains many beam animations, it seems the not included beams should do a lot of work.

Now can ColorDMD definitly begin with the colorization.

#11789 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

In situations like that, I'd rather them just play the movie clip "Dogs and cats living together...Mass Hysteria!" and start the MB.

I agree. But, they do sound better in person than on the videos for some reason. I got pretty used to them last Saturday. But, that could have been too many craft beers too.....

Brian

#11790 7 years ago

Taking off work a little early on my way home to watch the action!!!!

#11791 7 years ago

Hmm Dead Flip said on instagram that the slings work like regular slings...can't wait to watch!

dead_flipUpdate! #pinball
tkdalumniWhat's your initial thoughts on the slings??
dead_flipThe slings are rad. No joke. They work like regular slings but can get crazy when you want them to

#11792 7 years ago

I'm pumped for this video. Just wired cash for my LE a few hours ago, have my Invisiglass in a box sitting in the garage for it, ordered green super bands and green lit up LED buttons... i'm ready for this thing already !!

#11793 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That sound clip is in the code, Request #317 - one of the best lines from the movie right there !

Along with Request #319.. which is an unfortunate and cheesy soundbite of Ernie Hudson saying "We came! We saw! We got our asses kicked" .. trust me, it reads better on here then it sounds lol

Requests #323 Ernie says "I aint afraid of no ghost... but YOU should be"

#11794 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

.. trust me, it reads better on here then it sounds lol

man so do all the ones in DH but I learned to love them they're so bad.

Quoted from kpg:

... i'm ready for this thing already !!

Just got the message mine is ready for pick up but I won't be able to get it until a week from this weekend

#11795 7 years ago

One of the easter eggs and a shout out to Dead Flip? Pretty cool...

2016-05-04_1443_(resized).png2016-05-04_1443_(resized).png

#11796 7 years ago

Stern doing a pre-stream stream, and just saw the Slimer mech drag over the rails to get in place.

#11797 7 years ago

Found this too..

2016-05-04_1455_(resized).png2016-05-04_1455_(resized).png

#11798 7 years ago

Well the slings work pretty normal so far...maybe it's not the end of the world?

#11799 7 years ago

Awesome on Magna Slings!!!

#11800 7 years ago

Actually they look pretty soft...maybe they need to adjust the switches

What a drainfest

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 236 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/236 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.