IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 231 of 360.
#11501 7 years ago

I had two consecutive left flipper shots to the ghost target that rocketed back and jumped the left inlane/outlane guide an in th the drain. I wish they would have engineered this to be taller to block some of those low-level air balls.

I see this machine becoming as much about what not to shoot as the reverse.

#11502 7 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Instead of the GB logo on my drop target, I might go w/ Slimer instead...LOL

SLIMER_(resized).jpg

There's already a Slimer in the game - those targets are specifically supposed to be the Skorelli Bros., so - why not them ?

#11503 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Sound? No it's just a smaller replica of the larger Ecto 1 car. Basically offering these key chains up at cost since shipping is free. There are three left.

Yep there is one that does sounds thats pretty cool and its very similar size

#11504 7 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I had two consecutive left flipper shots to the ghost target that rocketed back and jumped the left inlane/outlane guide an in th the drain. I wish they would have engineered this to be taller to block some of those low-level air balls.

Yup, that target is like Palantir on LotR. Don't hit it straight on.

Quoted from alveolus:

I see this machine becoming as much about what not to shoot as the reverse.

For sure. Flail and the game ends quickly. A shooters game for sure.

#11505 7 years ago

To sell Indiana Jones would be hard to do but sometimes you got to move on...I sold a nice t.f.t.c and will sell gottlibe king pin to fund and make room for G.B premiumn....havnt played pro but from the looks of it it does look very fun..and looks like a keeper to me...can't wait to get mine!!!

#11506 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

There's already a Slimer in the game - those targets are specifically supposed to be the Skorelli Bros., so - why not them ?

Because I've yet to find good clip art of them.

#11508 7 years ago

Does the purple cliffs post rubber help with drains or just looks? Also what flipper rubber are people putting on ? Stock? Titan competition?

#11509 7 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

there are lots of good artists here I'm sure someone could crank out great line work for them both. or take the art they have already, go in photoshop and take out all the coloring and go with just the black line work.

#11510 7 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

or just wait till you get your game as there is spare decals in the goody bag you could copy.

Or if somebody here who's has the game game already could maybe paste a good close up pic of there spare decals.

50ad5dcc0641fee7b1821fb8b1f1b09147a63b7d_(resized).jpg50ad5dcc0641fee7b1821fb8b1f1b09147a63b7d_(resized).jpg

#11511 7 years ago

This game is off the charts fun. Started 'Ball room', brought in Storage Facility multi and Mass Hysteria started shortly after. 6 ball multi with reverse flippers. Unreal!

20160430_105521_(resized).jpg20160430_105521_(resized).jpg

#11512 7 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Instead of the GB logo on my drop target, I might go w/ Slimer instead...LOL

SLIMER_(resized).jpg

Yeah no need for the logo.

#11513 7 years ago

Apparently pinball is not the only new ghostbusters game on the market. Just saw this in Gatlinburg today.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#11514 7 years ago

I think I want that topper!

#11515 7 years ago

Stern just posted a video of Ernie Hudson playing Ghostbusters. It is on their Facebook page.
The game he is playing on had a green DMD.
Looked pretty cool.

#11516 7 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I sold my beloved Indiana Jones and Ripley's to finance my LE.

brings a tear to my eye.

#11517 7 years ago

Waiting to play a Premium before I buy. It would be really cool if they switch to the green DMD in the video with Ernie Hudson.

#11518 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Stern just posted a video of Ernie Hudson playing Ghostbusters. It is on their Facebook page.
The game he is playing on had a green DMD.
Looked pretty cool.

Looks like someone already gaudy-modded the shit out of it as the playfield has been slimed with purple LEDs.

#11519 7 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I sold my beloved Indiana Jones and Ripley's to finance my LE.

I'd likely need to sell either the IJ or IMVE to get one. At this point I'm not going to do it. Going to wait and play my buddy's incoming GBLE and see what I think.

Speaking of, Tim let me know when it shows up! Lol

#11520 7 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

I'd likely need to sell either the IJ or IMVE to get one. At this point I'm not going to do it. Going to wait and play my buddy's incoming GBLE and see what I think.

I can't picture you selling your beloved IJ

#11521 7 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

You know I will......

#11522 7 years ago

Super random but I have an LE on pre-order and it's just my second machine so I'm no expert. Was going through what I need so that the machine can be fully ready to go when it ships in. Got Marco's urethane casters to protect our hardwood and was thinking of getting Invisiglass too to swap out the glass. Anything I'm missing?

#11523 7 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

With all due respect "are you friggin nuts"???? I would never let my beloved Indiana Jones go for the latest hyped up machine. Have you played GB? What if it doesn't do it for you??
QSS

It was easy. Out with the old...in with the new! If it doesn't work out, I can always get another IJ with over 10,000 made. Versus GBLE with only 500. Besides, I've been playing IJ since it's been out.

#11524 7 years ago
Quoted from AstroLad:

Super random but I have an LE on pre-order and it's just my second machine so I'm no expert. Was going through what I need so that the machine can be fully ready to go when it ships in. Got Marco's urethane casters to protect our hardwood and was thinking of getting Invisiglass too to swap out the glass. Anything I'm missing?

Not sure about other mods, but I'd recommend Pdi over invisi if you can get it.

#11525 7 years ago

All I know is mine will be in order Monday and I've got shit load of ideas never done before to make it cool. Mind you this thing is already cool enough

#11526 7 years ago
Quoted from AstroLad:

I have a home used sopranos over 10 years old and I have nothing on it and it shows almost no wear, people tell me it looks NIB. I won't put anything on my GB either.

#11527 7 years ago

Hey guys - can't decide between a pro and an premium. Any arguments one way or the other? I have read the feature matrix but wanted some thoughts from here? Also - any possibilities the 3D pieces will be available as mods after the fact. I like them over the plastic firehouse, etc. Thanks!

#11528 7 years ago
Quoted from toro1966:

Hey guys - can't decide between a pro and an premium. Any arguments one way or the other? I have read the feature matrix but wanted some thoughts from here? Also - any possibilities the 3D pieces will be available as mods after the fact. I like them over the plastic firehouse, etc. Thanks!

Pro is great but there are 4 big interactive features / toys on the premium. Most premiums don't offer, probably never, nearly as many interactive features over the pro as Ghostbusters premium does

1. Steel ramp that drops under the playfield, intergrated with physical ball lock + VUK / scoop shot.
2. Magnetic slings
3. Ecto Goggles peppers ghost toy
4. Moving Slimer toy (will move left and right for different shots)

Then theres also the unique ramp that returns to the left flipper, and the slick looking molded toys.

All of those items sound like fun to me and unlike some other premium add ons in the past (ex, band in ACDC premium) they actually interact with the ball. Other premiums may only offer 1 or 2 additional truly interactive add ons.

#11529 7 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I can't picture you selling your beloved IJ

Nope me neither. I'm actually really happy with my current collection, so may just have to drum up the cash another way...

#11530 7 years ago
Quoted from AstroLad:

Get new pinballs

#11531 7 years ago

Thanks very much gents. Knew I forgot something, and also hadn't heard of PDI before so will check that out.

#11532 7 years ago

Played my first couple of games tonight, and was blown away!

What a Great Pro Version....Packed!

Fast, so much to do, and what Fun!
My wife, who doesnt play much was thrilled with Music and Slimer!

No issues, other then the ball resting under slimer a couple times...
Brutal game, I dont think Ill put tilt bob in, or make some out lane adjustments.

We some some modes, Jackpot, extra ball...impressive code and animations out the box!

A Center Post was installed...this helped alot.
I can imagine this on a Premium/LE, in Multiball, where a ball hits the save post then gets grabbed
and thrown by the magna slings....thats one weird ball move on a Pin!

So different then anything recent.

I left, only wanting more!

#11533 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Played my first couple of games tonight, and was blown away!
What a Great Pro Version....Packed!
Fast, so much to do, and what Fun!
My wife, who doesnt play much was thrilled with Music and Slimer!
No issues, other then the ball resting under slimer a couple times...
Brutal game, I dont think Ill put tilt bob in, or make some out lane adjustments.
We some some modes, Jackpot, extra ball...impressive code and animations out the box!
A Center Post was installed...this helped alot.
I can imagine this on a Premium/LE, in Multiball, where a ball hits the save post then gets grabbed
and thrown by the magna slings....thats one weird ball move on a Pin!
So different then anything recent.
I left, only wanting more!

Can you get a pic of the center post installed?

#11534 7 years ago

Edited and replaced with photoshopped pic.

2_(resized).jpg2_(resized).jpg

#11535 7 years ago

The flipper gap didn't feel like it made the game that much more difficult to me personally. Not to many SDTM. I felt the outlanes seemed to gobble more then anything on the game but usually it was just from missing punishing shots. I think the toughness of the game is a lot of the appeal of the game...gives you that one more game feeling. Just my thoughts...

#11536 7 years ago

Don't own a stern but isn't there under audits stats on drains like x amount down the left etc and then it would be a simple matter of balls played to see how of a drain monster the outlanes are. Also what a the average game time is.

#11537 7 years ago
Quoted from toro1966:

Since the premium/le dont have full rgb led there is no need for me to go with them. The only thing i like more on these versions is that slimer moves also from right to left, but doesnt make the price increase for me. So i go with the pro and keep the money for mods .

#11538 7 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Since the premium/le dont have full rgb led there is no need for me to go with them. The only thing i like more on these versions is that slimer moves also from right to left, but doesnt make the price increase for me. So i go with the pro and keep the money for mods .

I think the ramps on the Prem/LE are going to feel, play, and look waaaay cooler. Ecto goggles are going to be rad. Real ball lock. Tons of extra stuff on this one, more significant than color changing lights.

#11539 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I think the ramps on the Prem/LE are going to feel, play, and look waaaay cooler. Ecto goggles are going to be rad. Real ball lock. Tons of extra stuff on this one, more significant than color changing lights.

Maybe i change my mind after seeing the le gameplay.. But i think pro is really good for its money

#11540 7 years ago

The les almost always have major flaws let's take a recap
Kiss- major problems with ball lock
GOT- left orbit not working right and still no fix from stern
Metallica- Hammer never worked right
TWD- Left ramp ok not near as smooth as the pro
PRO is usually quicker and far less problematic

#11541 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

The les almost always have major flaws let's take a recap
Kiss- major problems with ball lock
GOT- left orbit not working right and still no fix from stern
Metallica- Hammer never worked right
TWD- Left ramp ok not near as smooth as the pro
PRO is usually quicker and far less problematic

And less of a game to play

#11542 7 years ago
Quoted from AstroLad:

Head phone kit

#11543 7 years ago

If I wanted to add a center post - what's the best one and where to purchase? I'd imagine they come in different diameters.

#11544 7 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

If I wanted to add a center post - what's the best one and where to purchase? I'd imagine they come in different diameters.

Has anyone tried longer flippers yet? I think I would want to try longer flippers before drilling a hole in the playfield for a center post. I am wondering if the longer flippers will really affect the gameplay? -Anyone know

#11545 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Has anyone tried longer flippers yet? I think I would want to try longer flippers before drilling a hole in the playfield for a center post. I am wondering if the longer flippers will really affect the gameplay? -Anyone know

I think people should probably put in a bunch of games and get used to the pin before making any alterations ... especially permanent ones.

I don't find the flipper gap bad. First few games it felt huge, but you get used to it, and now shoots like any other pin.

#11546 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

I think people should probably put in a bunch of games and get used to the pin before making any alterations ... especially permanent ones.
I don't find the flipper gap bad. First few games it felt huge, but you get used to it, and now shoots like any other pin.

Agreed. Play the game, learn the shots. Miss less (because you learned the shots). To just put a hole in the play field isn't going to help if you ever sell.

#11547 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Edited and replaced with photoshopped pic.

2_(resized).jpg

I'm surprised no one has created a center post mod that it held against the apron with magnets. No hole needed. I'm sure someone could make them. Can be used easily to make games more fun to novice players (and for any Trudeau game )

#11548 7 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I'm surprised no one has created a center post mod that it held against the apron with magnets. No hole needed. I'm sure someone could make them. Can be used easily to make games more fun to novice players (and for any Trudeau game )

Huh?

1. The ball would be affected by the magnet as well - how is that going to work?
2. No magnet would be strong enough to hold a small post in place and have a ball hit it. Even with a really strong magnet the post would gradually move. But again, pointless since the ball is going to be affected.

#11549 7 years ago

I have also thought the same thing,a center post that was reversible

#11550 7 years ago

Cool idea. Not sure about premium but pro has plastic apron right? Plastic would not be very sturdy to mount something like that to. Maybe mount a bracket to the wood under apron that holds the post.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 103.00
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

15,699 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 231 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/231 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.