IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 360.
#1101 8 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

Is this all coming from the posts in the thread or some insider knowledge?
What do people officially know about this pin yet? Or is every single thing still "speculation"?

There have been a couple of pics of the whitewood and a populated CAD model floating around.

#1102 8 years ago

What!! I always miss the good stuff, anyone have a like to the CAD and whitewood please!

#1103 8 years ago

The CAD model was just a screenshot from the Pinball Arcade

#1104 8 years ago
Quoted from BD_Designs:

I would love to see Ghostbusters become The Addams Family of this decade of games! Even though those are really big shoes to fill, it seems like the way this game is coming together, it's going to have a great all-around package of theming, artwork, toys, sound effects, etc. that offers the same excitement and charm as TAF.
We're talking colored ramps, subways, drop targets, sculpted toys & "set pieces," EL wiring, double inlanes....all with a unique layout of strategic shots and flow. Should be amazing!

If Lyman isn't coding GB he needs to be! The only way I would roll the dice on a NIB Stern is if Lyman is at the helm on code, it's too risky otherwise.

#1105 8 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

The CAD model was just a screenshot from the Pinball Arcade

Uhh, no...not the one I saw.

#1106 8 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

Oh, no...not the one I saw.

I sure would like to see that pic!

#1107 8 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

Uhh, no...not the one I saw.

Prove it

#1108 8 years ago

I don't have a copy of it, but look at page 9, that is a screenshot of the back corner. I've seen the whole render, and it's nothing like the pinball arcade version.....and it matches pictures of the whitewood I saw.

#1109 8 years ago

Leak or not, there is way too much of a coincidence with what has been floating around, given the shots of Rob Zombie/Hobbit shipping.

Ghostbusters leaking in any form was to buzzkill these two games imo, and it's doing it well. What I saw didn't surprise me one bit, but given the two sources it came from, it solidified it instead of hoping it did. For me personally, I'm glad I know, because I am way more interested in Ghostbusters NIB than the other two, and I like Hobbit.

Remember too, Stern doesn't like other people making pinball. They will do what they need to stay up front and on top, and so far they are.

#1110 8 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Remember too, Stern doesn't like other people making pinball. They will do what they need to stay up front and on top, and so far they are.

I hope that's the way they think. They need a kick in the pants and start taking some chances.

#1111 8 years ago

Leak or not, there is way too much of a coincidence with what has been floating around, given the shots of Rob Zombie/Hobbit shipping.
Ghostbusters leaking in any form was to buzzkill these two games imo, and it's doing it well. What I saw didn't surprise me one bit, but given the two sources it came from, it solidified it instead of hoping it did. For me personally, I'm glad I know, because I am way more interested in Ghostbusters NIB than the other two, and I like Hobbit.

Any hints on the display?

Shipping with the standard DMD in 2016 would definitely be a downer.

#1112 8 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I asked, but got nothing.

#1113 8 years ago

Did the whitewood and cad images show up on pinside (and presumably get taken down)? Anyone know where else to find them?

#1115 8 years ago
Quoted from CobraClutch:

Did the whitewood and cad images show up on pinside (and presumably get taken down)? Anyone know where else to find them?

I'd also like to see, if anyone could pm me please do!

#1116 8 years ago

I think we'd all like to see

#1117 8 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

If it were an HD DMD it wouldn't be to bad. What is it something like 4x the dots.

#1118 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

If it were an HD DMD it wouldn't be to bad. What is it something like 4x the dots.

Doesn't MMR have one of those? I know the colour dots on MMR are way higher resolution then the regular MM.

#1119 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Doesn't MMR have one of those? I know the colour dots on MMR are way higher resolution then the regular MM.

I think so....I think that's where I saw it. I think GB would look really good with it and tide people over till they come out with their first LCD. At least it would be SOMETHING new.

#1120 8 years ago

If anyone is feeling in the Christmas Spirit and wants to share the Whitewood/Cad Images please PM or email me directly. jamieflowers at yahoo dot commmmm

#1121 8 years ago

Who are you gonna call?
Especially after 25 years.

GB_(resized).pngGB_(resized).png

GB2_(resized).pngGB2_(resized).png

GB3_(resized).pngGB3_(resized).png

#1122 8 years ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

If anyone is feeling in the Christmas Spirit and wants to share the Whitewood/Cad Images please PM or email me directly. jamieflowers at yahoo dot commmmm

Ya, me too please

#1123 8 years ago

If anyone knows where I can get a free car, please pm me.

#1124 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Who are you gonna call?
Especially after 25 years.

"Stern Busters".
Some people are really good at that.

#1125 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Will this work?
CL is always the best place to find good cars.

any_time_i_use_craigslist_this_is_the_outcome_540_(resized).jpgany_time_i_use_craigslist_this_is_the_outcome_540_(resized).jpg

#1126 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

A "wrong hand" drive too.

#1127 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#1128 8 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

image_(resized).jpg

Ya!!!!!!

#1129 8 years ago

I've been trying to zoom in every Stern picture from yesterday and today to analyze any possible secrets lol. Damn, I need a break.

#1130 8 years ago

rumour in Aus that AMD which is Stern's distributor in Aus is releasing Ghostbusters and Comic Spiderman VE this Feb with Gary Stern possibly present

#1131 8 years ago

Ghostbusters leaking in any form was to buzzkill these two games imo, and it's doing it well.

Wha?? There's a waiting list 2x as long as available games in the case of RZ....A rumor of GB has no bearing on RZ sales. Hobbit I can't speak for. Right now Spooky is still a small botique player but they are doing things right so Gary probably has them in the periphery of his radar...but I too doubt he had any thought of trying to effect RZ sales.

#1132 8 years ago

Swinks, how do you feel about the source? Reliable??

#1133 8 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

Swinks, how do you feel about the source? Reliable??

he is a operator and buys a crap load of Stern's off AMD, and new games have been shown and launched in Feb in Aus in the past and Gary seems to come to Aus roughly every 2 years around Feb

launching 2 games seems a little odd as would kills sales for one of them you would think but hoping GB is true for Feb.

#1134 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

launching 2 games seems a little odd as would kills sales for one of them you would think but hoping GB is true for Feb.

I was thinking this myself. A big risk GB will take a most of the SMVE sales. Personally I would leave SMVE for an "in between major title" release. Or after a dud.

#1135 8 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

So am I able to post this pic of the translite since it is everywhere now? Or is it still an instant pinside ban?

At this time, Robin has made a decision to keep the leaked Translite image off of Pinside.

Until that policy changes, please do not post the image.

If you would like to discuss this issue with the Pinside Staff, please open a moderator feedback thread.

Marcus

#1136 8 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Wha?? There's a waiting list 2x as long as available games in the case of RZ....A rumor of GB has no bearing on RZ sales. Hobbit I can't speak for. Right now Spooky is still a small botique player but they are doing things right so Gary probably has them in the periphery of his radar...but I too doubt he had any thought of trying to effect RZ sales.

Competition always has a bearing on sales, especially with this ''boutique'' hobby. Stern is well aware of the other companies making anything pinball. There have been great prices in the used market on games, and some have been sitting. Lots of people are holding out, out of room, out of cash or selective because of what is ahead. There were also some people on the fence with RZ, myself included. With what is scheduled ahead, I don't have much interest (if at all) in the RZ pin.

And it's not a rumor of GB at this point, the source is/was someone that works for them.

#1137 8 years ago

Competition always has a bearing on sales, especially with this ''boutique'' hobby. Stern is well aware of the other companies making anything pinball. There have been great prices in the used market on games, and some have been sitting. Lots of people are holding out, out of room, out of cash or selective because of what is ahead. There were also some people on the fence with RZ, myself included. With what is scheduled ahead, I don't have much interest (if at all) in the RZ pin.
And it's not a rumor of GB at this point, the source is/was someone that works for them.

You're implying that GB has affected overall sales of RZ which is not true. 300 RZS have been sold regardless of what Stern does. Now if you want to say it affected your sale personally that's fine but very different than suggesting that any game affected the sales of a sold out game.

#1138 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I was thinking this myself. A big risk GB will take a most of the SMVE sales. Personally I would leave SMVE for an "in between major title" release. Or after a dud.

You guys have to stop thinking so small. Each new Stern game is not competition for other Stern games. The more products they have available at any given time means they have more choices for potential customers and the factory keeps moving. A sale is a sale is a sale. Each of these licenses stay active for 3 years - Stern is going to have multiple new games overlapping at any given time. That's how they stay in business.

#1139 8 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

At this time, Robin has made a decision to keep the leaked Translite image off of Pinside.
Until that policy changes, please do not post the image.
If you would like to discuss this issue with the Pinside Staff, please open a moderator feedback thread.
Marcus

Hmmmm.

First Jared deactivated his account. Then GB translite ( blech) is mercifully deleted. I'm...seeing a pattern...

Jaws is next!

#1140 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

rumour in Aus that AMD which is Stern's distributor in Aus is releasing Ghostbusters and Comic spiderman VE this Feb with Gary Stern possibly present

That will be a big day for Bruce. Maybe create some local buzz to help fight the currency problem. I will be there for sure and in the heat of the moment could buy both, lol.

#1141 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1142 8 years ago

What is that?!?!? Is that real!!!!!

#1143 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Hmmmm.
First Jared deactivated his account. Then GB translite ( blech) is mercifully deleted. I'm...seeing a pattern...
Jaws is next!

If you are going to go conspiracy theory you can do better than that. You have a small piece of the puzzle -

Start with LTG being around less here than RGP since he became JJP Tech Support.
Jarrod teams with Stern and he does a deactivated just like Rob and McCune.
beezleboob goes completely uncharacteristically off the wall sarcastic
Nate C2C mentions new strings to Stern . . .
Leaked, pulled, leaked artwork and shot maps
Bible thread burning up the airwaves
Cats and Dogs getting along . . .

#1144 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

beezleboob goes completely uncharacteristically off the wall sarcastic

Oh, yeah, right...like THAT'LL happen...

No such thing.

#1145 8 years ago

Somewhile ago there was a make ghostbusters thread and a pinsider call Star_Gazer came up with some great ideas.

Hope stern sees this and implements some of the ideas.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lego-ghostbusters-sold-out-come-on-stern-make-the-30th-anniversary-game

2_(resized).jpg2_(resized).jpg

1_(resized).png1_(resized).png

3_(resized).jpg3_(resized).jpg

4_(resized).png4_(resized).png

5_(resized).png5_(resized).png

6_(resized).png6_(resized).png

7_(resized).png7_(resized).png

#1146 8 years ago

This would look more like a leak than anything. Obviously it is not but some really cool concepts here. +++. So well though up - thanks for sharing.

#1147 8 years ago

totally agree, hope stern uses much of these concepts, they are all very cool but disagree they were a leak as they have been around for a while - I think they are ideas for a dream pin

#1148 8 years ago

Star_Gazer's concepts were truly fantastic and ones I would have liked to have seen incorporated into the machine, but it seems like the toys are going in a different direction on the final machine. One idea I absolutely loved was the ESP playing cards as drop targets. Brilliant! Would still love to see this incorporated even though the game doesn't have a bank of drop targets. Could still be there as stand ups though.

But the firehouse is definitely there!!

#1149 8 years ago

yeah love the desk, drawer and car and hope trap is there and as suggested the firehouse

#1150 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

but disagree they were a leak as they have been around for a while -

I didn't mean it was a leak... I meant that if we did not know where the sketches were from it would look like a leak... They are so well done, that's all I meant.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.