IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 223 of 360.
#11101 7 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Are the double wound coils the "no buzz" flippers that were listed for GOT? Wonder why they would remove them.

Node 8 failures? Wild ass guess

#11102 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Doesn't work once you've converted text to paths, which I'd assume they do when they start manipulating characters and adding effects.

Check before then. Or create a back up layer before you convert the text.

#11103 7 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I recall that shortly after the announcement someone pointed out the spelling error on Facebook and the Stern account assured the commenter that it was only a prototype error. I guess that was B.S.

I remember that too but it looks like some got out. I wonder how many?

#11104 7 years ago

I would assume, this whole run (playfield batch 1) will have those spelling errors. Next run (playfield batch 2) it will be corrected.

#11105 7 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

I would assume, this whole run (playfield batch 1) will have those spelling errors. Next run (playfield batch 2) it will be corrected.

That's what I was thinking.

#11106 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Doubt it. Just need to figure what is wrong and fix it. It was working before at some point.
Since it's a double wound coil, I'd check the wiring and solder joints on the coil lug first, then the flipper button leaf blade switch.
LTG : )

I really like this guy.

He's a JJP tech that pops in and posts potential fixes for Stern games... And the only Stern guy that pops in is Jared who only takes the time to randomly downvote certain posts and gives vague info like "gameplay video soon of Premium" weeks ago.

How cool would it be if Chaz from Stern popped in and posted potential fixes for their games here? +1 for JJP on this.

Also, another +1 for JJP. Played The Hobbit for the first time today, and I thought it was a great game.. Much better then I expected.

#11107 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I really like this guy.
He's a JJP tech that pops in and posts potential fixes for Stern games...

No... He's Llyod Olson first and foremost. Who is always willing to share and help.. and he's done that before he took roles helping manufacturers with their support teams. LTG did it before.. and he ensured he could keep doing it. This is not about some company A vs company B - it's because of the man himself.

#11108 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

it's because of the man himself.

Thank you.

I started on line helping people about 20 years ago, and just trying to make my little corner of pinball better. ( actually I was bored at work in 1996 and with my WebTV surfing usenet groups I stumbled into RGP )

Directly involved with JJP and PPS/CGC, helps me learn and do a better more thorough job helping people. And when I get GB, I'll be able to learn more about Stern's SPIKE system and be able to help more with Stern's new games.

One thing I know for sure. You help people with their pinball machines, they grow and learn, and in turn help others. That way we all can help pinball continue on to an ever brightening future.

I'll always be grateful for the opportunity, and all the truly wonderful people I've had contact with.

LTG : )

#11109 7 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I recall that shortly after the announcement someone pointed out the spelling error on Facebook and the Stern account assured the commenter that it was only a prototype error. I guess that was B.S.

You recall wrong,... I recall. - They said that this is a prototype, no more. The rest was up to our speculation.

#11110 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I really like this guy.
He's a JJP tech that pops in and posts potential fixes for Stern games... And the only Stern guy that pops in is Jared who only takes the time to randomly downvote certain posts and gives vague info like "gameplay video soon of Premium" weeks ago.
How cool would it be if Chaz from Stern popped in and posted potential fixes for their games here? +1 for JJP on this.
Also, another +1 for JJP. Played The Hobbit for the first time today, and I thought it was a great game.. Much better then I expected.

Lloyd has been a member of pinball communities forever. He's always been the one to lend tech support to people. Lloyd was always the first person to chime in on tech questions on RGP 11 years ago when I bought my first machine. He knows what he's talking about and has been servicing pinball longer than you probably been alive.

#11111 7 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Hm,... propably because the machines had to ship earlier.
Jared, you'd please get the 1.0 code uploaded to the Stern homepage?

Is there a v1.0 update out? I forget which version was on the Facebook video a little while back

#11112 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

And the only Stern guy that pops in is Jared who only takes the time to randomly downvote certain posts and gives vague info like "gameplay video soon of Premium" weeks ago.

Didn't Dwight chime in that there are 39 different songs on GB?

#11113 7 years ago

Played a 1.8 Billon game last weekend (3 balls 1 one extra, outlanes open wide)

storag facility multiball --> mass hysteria multiball (reversed flippers)

After the multiball, no center ghosts progress lights (20,40,...)
After the multiball, a bonus of 100M which was held ( next ball with a bonus multiplier x2 = 200M)
After the multiball, my skillshot was worth 170M?

I think it needs some attention regarding score balancing.

I think making the modes not linear would be a lot better for the game.

#11114 7 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Is there a v1.0 update out? I forget which version was on the Facebook video a little while back

In the Facebook Vid they played 1.0, wich they're shipping the machines with as they told. But I guess that only goes for domestic; that's why I'd like them to upload 1.0 for when my machine arrives these days.

#11115 7 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

You recall wrong,... I recall. - They said that this is a prototype, no more. The rest was up to our speculation.

Sorry DS_nadine, I recall what you recall is wrong and what seenev recalls is right. Facebook also recalled:

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#11116 7 years ago

New video for you all. I beat my Grand Champion score (>1 billion) and manage to get onto a few of the later modes such as completing 'spook central' and starting 'gozer the gozerian'. Also getting to 'he slimed me', a few good super jackpots and mass hysteria multiball Video is 17 minutes long roughly for 1 game

#11117 7 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

New video for you all. I beat my Grand Champion score (>1 billion) and manage to get onto a few of the later modes such as completing 'spook central' and starting 'gozer the gozerian'. Also getting to 'he slimed me', a few good super jackpots and mass hysteria multiball Video is 17 minutes long roughly for 1 game
» YouTube video

Thanks again. Love the clean audio you recorded too. I'm trying to not watch too much and spoil all the fun discovering the different modes and callouts though

#11118 7 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

» YouTube video

Great game you had there. Thanks for sharing

#11119 7 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Check before then. Or create a back up layer before you convert the text.

Most design firms and ad agencies have copywriters and a few people proofing stuff along the way, and from time to time, even they let something slip through. Stuff happens. When you're working on a file all day long for weeks at a time, errors can happen. Unfortunate, but does happen.

#11120 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

One thing I know for sure. You help people with their pinball machines, they grow and learn, and in turn help others. That way we all can help pinball continue on to an ever brightening future.

Mr. Olson, thank you for this. Back in the days before Pinside, you helped me enormously on RGP. I was young, probably had terrible grammar and spelling, but you helped me along fixing up my first pinball machine I saved from the trash. Fast forward, and now my basement is full of "saved" pinball machines, and I've even convinced my close friend to adopt a few games as well. Thank you for being an asset to the community!

#11121 7 years ago

In the vid above has about all the issues I described...

(too) big skill shot awards after the multiball, center lights out, etc etc..

#11122 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

No... He's Llyod Olson first and foremost. Who is always willing to share and help.. and he's done that before he took roles helping manufacturers with their support teams. LTG did it before.. and he ensured he could keep doing it. This is not about some company A vs company B - it's because of the man himself.

Ok.

Thanks for the background info, I was just giving props to him as he's very helpful around here. I'll make sure to refer to him as Lloyd Olson instead of LTG here then, don't want to get beat up for not using the correct verbiage when trying to compliment him.

Either way, my point was that it's nice to see a person like him (Lloyd Olsen!) who does get paid by JJP for their technical support give tips and suggestions for Stern games.

I've had very little luck with Stern's help desk myself, with either not being able to reach them half the time, to being told parts were shipping and finding out that never happened- weeks later.

My point is that it would be nice to see Stern's technical support team monitor these threads such as Lloyd Olsen, and chime in here too. Especially when their latest game has apparently tech issues right out of the box (Slimer not registering, drop targets not working correctly, etc). It would be cool to see a proactive approach here on the forums.

When I owned a WOZ I had a great experience with JJP's tech support team and I'm glad to know they have a guy like Lloyd Olsen on payroll.

#11123 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

He knows what he's talking about and has been servicing pinball longer than you probably been alive.

That's a long time then, I'm 107 years old.

#11124 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

My point is that it would be nice to see Stern's technical support team monitor these threads such as Lloyd Olsen, and chime in here too.

Makes sense for manufacturers to give tech support on a forum. One answer to a particular owner on a forum may help 25 other owners with the same problem, thus saving the tech department from having to deal with 25 separate enquiries. I'm guessing a large percentage of the tech support calls for any given game are for the same or similar issues.

#11125 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Most design firms and ad agencies have copywriters and a few people proofing stuff along the way, and from time to time, even they let something slip through. Stuff happens. When you're working on a file all day long for weeks at a time, errors can happen. Unfortunate, but does happen.

I understand that. I've been guilty of over looking things right in front of my eyes. I can see forgetting to turn on a fill layer or missing a line or something like that, but when it comes to spelling its literally a two click process the software does for you. Anyways it just strikes me as odd that the fields went 100% through production without one person noticing it is all. Maybe we rely too much on auto correct now a days :p

#11126 7 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

I understand that. I've been guilty of over looking things right in front of my eyes. I can see forgetting to turn on a fill layer or missing a line or something like that, but when it comes to spelling its literally a two click process the software does for you. Anyways it just strikes me as odd that the fields went 100% through production without one person noticing it is all. Maybe we rely too much on auto correct now a days :p

The only program I use spell check in is InDesign. Like Ben Heck said, it probably got outlined right away, copied from a Word Doc that was provided. Even big names make spelling errors. I bought a Nintendo Game Cube that had a spelling error on the side of the box with the list of specs. Its was a double TT. Something like "TThat"

Also, as a designer, I am not the one in charge of spelling. If someone gives me copy, I just use what is provided. I make things look good, not make sure they are spelled correctly.

#11127 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

person like him (Lloyd Olsen!) who does get paid by JJP for their technical support give tips and suggestions for Stern games.

Quoted from kpg:

and I'm glad to know they have a guy like Lloyd Olsen on payroll.

I think Lloyd has stated many times, he is not on the JJP payroll. That may have changed though.

#11128 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well what are they gonna do trash 1000 pf's because of one misspelled word.

not the buyers problem.

#11129 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

how does stern have the "pinballs" to ship a game with an error like that?

wow the 2 downvoters must work for stern!
marcos, stern could leave a turd on the playfield and you would defend them.

#11130 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

not the buyers problem.

Thanks for clearing that up.

#11131 7 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

By responding to the comment with that answer implies that it is only a mistake in the prototype and would be fixed for production. Honestly... what else are people supposed to take from that answer?

#11132 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

marcos, stern could leave a turd on the playfield and you would defend them.

I heard they'll address the Turd problem through coding.

#11133 7 years ago

Just think of them as collectors items. Baseball cards used to fetch a high price for errors. BTW, do baseball cards have any value any more?

And years down the road if you're looking for a Ghostbusters, you'll know if it was an early run or later run.

#11134 7 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

» YouTube video

4 extra balls? How'd you get them?

#11135 7 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Can we start referring to "early code" as "turd code?"

#11136 7 years ago

They have yet to do it for the turd that WWE is lol

#11137 7 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

They have yet to do it for the turd that WWE is lol

BOOM!

#11138 7 years ago

The Magnaslings will redirect the ball around the Turd.

#11139 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

The Magnaslings will redirect the ball around the Turd.

What if the turd is rich in iron? We'll need video (unfortunately).

#11140 7 years ago

Now that Pro's are in the homes of many buyers, who else thinks it's time for Jared at Stern to show us a Prem/LE gameplay video now??!? Today is the day Jared.. Make. It. Happen.

#11141 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Now that Pro's are in the homes of many buyers, who else thinks it's time for Jared at Stern to show us a Prem/LE gameplay video now??!? Today is the day Jared.. Make. It. Happen.

My money says it does not happen today

#11142 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I hope so can't wait to see the video

#11143 7 years ago

Depot just called and my Pro has arrived

#11144 7 years ago

You think the prem le video will have dead flip back?

#11145 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

You think the prem le video will have dead flip back?

Yes

#11146 7 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Video to come. Stay tuned.

I was actually patient and happy before I read this.

Stay tuned kind of implies remaining alert, which is pretty anticlimactic after a week...

#11147 7 years ago

Almost pulled the trigger and ordered a pro before I saw the note from Jared with video to come for the premium. Still think I will wait to see how the premium looks and plays before I make a final decision.

#11148 7 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

I was actually patient and happy before I read this.
Stay tuned kind of implies remaining alert, which is pretty anticlimactic after a week...

Someone on Facebook asked for a Prem/LE video over a month ago and Jared's response was "Stay Tuned- coming soon!"

So.. Jared's definition of "soon" should be taken with a grain of salt.

#11149 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Someone on Facebook asked for a Prem/LE video over a month ago and Jared's response was "Stay Tuned- coming soon!"

More like a salt lick.

#11150 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I am just speculating. Soon is the answer we heard but soon was probably the wrong response by Stern as we sit today. This leads me to believe that there must be some kind of issue that Stern is addressing or trying to fix. I guess it could mean that the line is just to backed up for them to worry about promoting the Premium model and features? I have been out of the hobby (There was only one model of pins Stern was making when I was heavily involved before) though for awhile and do not know if this is just normal timeline to how Stern is revealing the different models now.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 223 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/223?hl=macdaddy1974 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.