IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 221 of 360.
#11001 8 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

That flipper gap sure looks large in the multi ball video. Any chance a 3d printer person could make longer flipper bats? Would be better than drilling a center post.

I have designed some swappable flippers including longer than 3inch bats, to be available soon

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-flippers-removeable-flippers

#11002 8 years ago

Good Morning Jady!

Great Design, as Always!

#11003 8 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

Ghostbusters is busted.. literally

13092128_10207174244929419_8400941398649694837_n.jpg13012746_10207174244089398_7018378571910474572_n.jpg

If the only damage is the side of the head it's no big deal. The backbox is now a steel cabinet with a wood side and a decal bolted on. A replacement side can be bolted on in five minutes. Hopefully that's the only damage. I had to replace one once that had a scratched decal and Stern was great with sending out a replacement.

#11004 8 years ago

That's a really cool concept and design. Well done!

#11005 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What's the point? Grabbing your ankles is a Canadian thing?

Kinda feels that way for sure! Wish we had more than one distributor so there would be some more compitition.

#11006 8 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Try living in canada , higher taxes, house prices and way higher pinball prices. Is what it is

Oh but you have that free healthcare and free college and all that free stuff that isn't free just like Bernie wants here.

#11007 8 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Oh but you have that free healthcare and free college and all that free stuff that isn't free just like Bernie wants here.

Ya the free healthcare is great. shattered my ankle in a atv accident 3 years ago. broke both bones tore 4 ligaments and spun my foot backwards. Was in the hospital for 3 weeks and had reconstructive surgery and it was 100% free. That would have cost me alot of pinball machines in the USA

#11008 8 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#11009 8 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Ya the free healthcare is great. shattered my ankle in a atv accident 3 years ago. broke both bones tore 4 ligaments and spun my foot backwards. Was in the hospital for 3 weeks and had reconstructive surgery and it was 100% free. That would have cost me alot of pinball machines in the USA

I believe when you purchase a new pinball machine, the extra amount you will be paying pretty much is paying back the system for your medical expenses. Here in the US I pay $700/month for my entire family to have full health coverage, in a scenario like that it would have only been a small fee for us to pay for a surgery like that. In Canada, everything you buy is outrageously overpriced, including pinball machines. I'm cool with the un-free healthcare system here. I'd hate to be paying way too much for my GB LE in Canada so people can have free surgeries from ATV accidents.

#11010 8 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Nothing in life is free you pay for it one way or another

#11011 8 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Nothing in life is free you pay for it one way or another

Agreed.

Canadian healthcare is NOT free, nor is education. We pay for it in every way, everyday.

#11012 8 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Agreed.
Canadian healthcare is NOT free, nor is education. We pay for it in every way, everyday.

Yeah. I don't even want to know how different your guys' gross pay and net pay is. Haha

#11013 8 years ago

Not sure how you figure we pay that much MORE for NIB pins in Canada? Around $5500US conveted to Canadian for a pro and around $8500US coverted to Canadian for an LE? And when I drop it on myself moving it downstairs alone, the back surgery, hospital stay, rehabilitation and lost income is all covered at no cost to me? I will take those pin prices instead of the million dollars for the injury costs.

#11014 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I believe when you purchase a new pinball machine, the extra amount you will be paying pretty much is paying back the system for your medical expenses.

No, we pay more for pinball machines in Canada because the only distributor in Canada asks for ~500.00USD more for a pin than American distributor. No competition so prices suck.

Taxes are taxes. Some places pay more sales tax than others, it is the way it goes. Healthcare discussions and pros/cons of the Canadian system vs the US system has absolutely nothing to do with pinball so not even sure how it ended up in the discussion.

#11015 8 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Not sure how you figure we pay that much MORE for NIB pins in Canada? Around $5500US conveted to Canadian for a pro and around $8500US coverted to Canadian for an LE? And when I drop it on myself moving it downstairs alone, the back surgery, hospital stay, rehabilitation and lost income is all covered at no cost to me? I will take those pin prices instead of the million dollars for the injury costs.

My buddy broke his back on his dirt bike last year. $100,000 in surgeries and hospital stays, etc.

His $275/month insurance plan covered it all

I'd rather pay that then outrageous prices on pinball machines and everything else I buy.

Guess that's just me though.

#11016 8 years ago

For those interested I have hit up pinside about adding the machine as a separate listing (Premium/LE) and it's now up! So change over to that as the game in your collection if you have the Premium/LE... starting now! https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/ghostbuster-premium-le

#11017 8 years ago

Why don't you leave it in the box and slide it down?

#11018 8 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Overseas first? I didn't know that Stern HATES AMERICA!
Seriously though... why?

They want all the kinks to be discovered oversse

Quoted from seenev:Five years from now people will be trying to sell them for 2x the value because it's a rare mistake version.

Quoted from seenev:

Five years from now people will be trying to sell them for 2x the value because it's a rare mistake version.

Curious what other machines with misspellings have sold for double?

#11019 8 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

Mmm ya. Even the Monroe pf on taxi doesn't go for that much more

#11020 8 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

Haha totally! Sounds like some wishful thinking.

#11021 8 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

I don't know about pinball machines, but you see this with toys a lot. Star wars action figures for one.

#11022 8 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Agreed.

Their taxes are way higher but we are definitely heading in that direction. Everyone feels they need entitlements. Entitlements are a joke, go work for it

#11023 8 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I don't know about pinball machines, but you see this with toys a lot. Star wars action figures for one.

Well early Star Wars stuff is on a whole other level of fanatics. Pinball is not even close

#11024 8 years ago

Just played @ Logan. Game is super fun. It looks phenomenal in person.

#11025 8 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

Their taxes are way higher but we are definitely heading in that direction. Everyone feels they need entitlements. Entitlements are a joke, go work for it

That's what you get when some people don't feel or refuse to work and the system supports them all day long for life.

We have people here who makes it a legacy......3 generations of people who decided one day that work wasnt for them and they pass it from 1 generation to the next. Never worked a single day in their life and are being supported financialy by the system.

In canada when you work.......you eat. When you don't work you eat and drink.

#11026 8 years ago

Wow, people certainly weren't wrong about the thin clear. That's an awful finish.

thinclear_(resized).jpgthinclear_(resized).jpg

#11027 8 years ago

Geez I hope the premiums get a little more

#11028 8 years ago

Great pics btw. Thanks for sharing

#11029 8 years ago

I suppose we will find out when the first LEs land since the Premium playfields will be the same as those.

#11030 8 years ago

Our system is rigged to where you can make out very well if you don't want to work and know how to use the system.

#11031 8 years ago
Quoted from system11:

I suppose we will find out when the first LEs land since the Premium playfields will be the same as those.

Supposedly the LE gets two coats of clear do to the autograph.

#11032 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I believe when you purchase a new pinball machine, the extra amount you will be paying pretty much is paying back the system for your medical expenses. Here in the US I pay $700/month for my entire family to have full health coverage, in a scenario like that it would have only been a small fee for us to pay for a surgery like that. In Canada, everything you buy is outrageously overpriced, including pinball machines. I'm cool with the un-free healthcare system here. I'd hate to be paying way too much for my GB LE in Canada so people can have free surgeries from ATV accidents.

I don't see how 3 weeks in the hospital and surgery is a small fee — $1500 at least on most policies for one person. And a large family plan usually has a much higher annual out of pocket maximum than a policy for one person.

#11033 8 years ago
Quoted from jay:

I don't see how 3 weeks in the hospital and surgery is a small fee — $1500 at least on most policies for one person. And a large family plan usually has a much higher annual out of pocket maximum than a policy for one person.

The $750/mo fee for a family is way low IMO. Health care premiums are closer to $1500/ mo with a hefty deductible. I pay my own HC since I'm self employed it's closer to $1800/mo plus deductible but it's pre tax money so that's a discount there.

Lots of employers subsidize HC so an employee might think the premium is only $750 a month. The Employer pays the other $900/mo.

This data is from 2013, $23k / year was the average for a family of 4.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/danmunro/2013/05/22/annual-healthcare-costs-surpasses-22000/#755cc2ea6963

#11034 8 years ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

Just played @ Logan. Game is super fun. It looks phenomenal in person.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

I must have been there when you were there. I dragged my wife there and we played a ton of games on GB (you might have asked if she was still playing while I was grabbing drinks at the bar - I apologize!) before trying Got Prem & some others. I really enjoyed Ghost Busters. The clear/finish on the one at Logan's was really thin, or so it seemed compared to other recent Sterns. The shots were tight but I wasn't bricking as much as I thought I would be. That left ramp is super tight, but again, both my wife had a great time and didn't think it was too difficult. We are both pretty bad players too.

On another note - Logan's is awesome. All games play great and they have one fantastic selection (both in games & beer). What an awesome place.

#11035 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah. I don't even want to know how different your guys' gross pay and net pay is. Haha

Canadians' net pay numbers are actually pretty gross!

#11036 8 years ago

Attention attention avoid this thread it is no longer about Ghostbusters but another CNN !!!!!!
Fail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm out

#11037 8 years ago

Well this was disappointing... Traveled down to Pioneers in NYC and found this... Turned off.

#11038 8 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

Attention attention avoid this thread it is no longer about Ghostbusters but another CNN !!!!!!
Fail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm out

see ya

#11039 8 years ago

some mods for those interested with the attached image representing the Ecto 1 vehicle on the plunger / shooter, and some other mods on the link as well.
https://www.shapeways.com/search?q=swinksghost&type=

GB_Plunger_Plate_and_Knob_(resized).pngGB_Plunger_Plate_and_Knob_(resized).png

#11040 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

The $750/mo fee for a family is way low IMO. Health care premiums are closer to $1500/ mo with a hefty deductible. I pay my own HC since I'm self employed it's closer to $1800/mo plus deductible but it's pre tax money so that's a discount there.
Lots of employers subsidize HC so an employee might think the premium is only $750 a month. The Employer pays the other $900/mo.
This data is from 2013, $23k / year was the average for a family of 4.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/danmunro/2013/05/22/annual-healthcare-costs-surpasses-22000/#755cc2ea6963

He is on the Obama silver plan lol. My friend it pays 1400 for family of 4.

#11041 8 years ago

If that is from one of my pics, keep in mind Logan has a metal tin roof that has a lot of ornamentation in the ceiling which was reflecting into the glass. This might be the abberation you are confusing. I did not witness any issues with the clear coat on that playfield.

#11042 8 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

He is on the Obama silver plan lol. My friend it pays 1400 for family of 4.

I own a business and have a Kaiser plan for my family, along with an HSA. Having an HSA + nice HMO is a great way to lower your taxable income and benefit with a somewhat decent healthcare plan. It's not the best plan to have I'll admit. But the HSA I contribute to offsets that.

Anyway, back to GB pinball. can't want for my LE at this point.. I am only wanting a gameplay video of the Prem/LE at this point not because I'm worried about it, because I'm impatient and want to see this bad boy in action!

#11043 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I own a business and have a Kaiser plan for my family, along with an HSA. Having an HSA + nice HMO is a great way to lower your taxable income and benefit with a somewhat decent healthcare plan. It's not the best plan to have I'll admit. But the HSA I contribute to offsets that.
Anyway, back to GB pinball. can't want for my LE at this point.. I am only wanting a gameplay video of the Prem/LE at this point not because I'm worried about it, because I'm impatient and want to see this bad boy in action!

The bottom line is all healthcare is both good but also sucks in its own way.

Can't wait for my LE!

#11044 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Ok chatty Kathy lol. Why not write a book about it??

#11045 8 years ago

Hey did you guys hear the news there is a new Ghostbusters pinball machine out now.

#11046 8 years ago

How the fuq has this thread gone to total politics????? Is this what you guys really discuss at pinball shows, expos and conventions????

#11047 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

How the fuq has this thread gone to total politics????? Is this what you guys really discuss at pinball shows, expos and conventions????

Well there is 212 pages of GB. Trying to fill in the gaps while we wait for the LE videos or LE to ship. But please chime in about GB that has NOT been said instead of complaining.

#11048 8 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

Well there is 212 pages of GB. Trying to fill in the gaps while we wait for the LE videos or LE to ship. But please chime in about GB instead of complaining

It is not complaining; it is a rule that we don't talk politics here. Looks like you are new here. Maybe you should educate yourself about the rules before telling me what to do.

#11049 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

It is not complaining; it is a rule that we don't talk politics here. Looks like you are new here. Maybe you should educate yourself about the rules before telling me what to do.

Oh I didn't see that in the rules section of the forum. I am going to build a new thread and I am going to make Mexico pay for it lol. Give me a break. Like I said. Post something of use instead of complaining. "Is this what we talk about at expos now" Geez turn the nerd knob down a little. Omg I broke a rule.

#11050 8 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

Oh I didn't see that in the rules section of the forum. I am going to build a new thread and I am going to make Mexico pay for it lol. Give me a break. Like I said. Post something of use instead of complaining. "Is this what we talk about at expos now" Geez turn the nerd knob down a little. Omg I broke a rule.

You are exactly what the ignore button is for. Good to know the rules don't apply to you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
15,699 (OBO)
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 221 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/221 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.