IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 217 of 360.
#10801 8 years ago

HEY JARED!!!

If you are reading this, tell Stern to put in a Harold Ramis memorial mode.

He was brilliant, responsible for all this, and he was from Illinois!

Lock the ball under the playfield, make the game go black, and put his image on the DMD with a Thank You!

They can do it in the next code update.

#10802 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Most likely the librarian, possibly Gozer, probably not Stay Puft since there's a large toy of him on the playfield. I bet there will be some generic ghosts represented in the Ecto Goggles as well.
I still hope Vigo shows up in the game somewhere.

I think there might be Stay Puft too... In the launch video there is an animation of Stay Puft bouncing, like he's walking.

#10803 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I think there might be Stay Puft too... In the launch video there is an animation of Stay Puft bouncing, like he's walking.

That may have been a render for the DMD. Stern creates full renders, then "dot-i-fies" them for the DMD.

I believe the KISS video Stern posted shows this in action

#10804 8 years ago
Quoted from Tseamans:

HEY JARED!!!
If you are reading this, tell Stern to put in a Harold Ramis memorial mode.
He was brilliant, responsible for all this, and he was from Illinois!
Lock the ball under the playfield, make the game go black, and put his image on the DMD with a Thank You!
They can do it in the next code update.

That's a great idea- problem is, what happens when the rest of the Ghostbusters eventually pass on? Then there will only be the code with a Harold Ramis memorial, and no one else. We all know Stern wont update the code to put the memorials for the rest of the crew unfortunately. As much as I think that would be cool, I think JT's idea of having a tribute to his black cat was pretty awesome in itself.

#10805 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

That may have been a render for the DMD. Stern creates full renders, then "dot-i-fies" them for the DMD.
I believe the KISS video Stern posted shows this in action

One of the inserts leading into the shot for the Ecto Goggles is Stay Puft Marshmallow Man - so I think theres a good chance there will be an animated Stay Puft guy in the goggles which would be awesome

stern-ghostbustersle-details-11jpg-c74fcb_765w_(resized).jpgstern-ghostbustersle-details-11jpg-c74fcb_765w_(resized).jpg

#10806 8 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

No game is ever zero risk.

XMEN LE was supposedly zero risk, 10k by Xmas and we know how that worked out....

I have one for sale at much less than $10k!!! So I guess the $10K thing was a bust...

Robert

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/32695

#10807 8 years ago

My Ghostbusters has shipped

#10808 8 years ago

I had a chance to play this a bunch at PAPA and now we have one on location in Buffalo. I love what I see so far and there's a good chance I'll get one for my personal collection.

One thing that is a bit annoying to my taste is that while you have a choice of three different modes you can start at the beginning of the game, they are always the same three off the bat. I wish it was more varied. I'm worried that by having those only options for every game that it's going to feel a bit stale and I'll experience the "same game syndrome". I know that it's a story, so perhaps progression makes sense, but look at LOTR... You can start any mode in that, regardless where or what movie it happened in. How annoying would it be if you could only start the same three in the beginning, every single time you play?

#10809 8 years ago
Quoted from Macdaddy1974:

pictures or it didnt happened

#10810 8 years ago

mine too, got the notice on Monday. Should have it by this time next week i hope (or sooner).

#10811 8 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

I had a chance to play this a bunch at PAPA and now we have one on location in Buffalo. I love what I see so far and there's a good chance I'll get one for my personal collection.
One thing that is a bit annoying to my taste is that while you have a choice of three different modes you can start at the beginning of the game, they are always the same three off the bat. I wish it was more varied. I'm worried that by having those only options for every game that it's going to feel a bit stale and I'll experience the "same game syndrome". I know that it's a story, so perhaps progression makes sense, but look at LOTR... You can start any mode in that, regardless where or what movie it happened in. How annoying would it be if you could only start the same three in the beginning, every single time you play?

Copying an except from my earlier post outlining the numbers behind the tiered mode access...

1) 46% (almost half) of the time you would be playing the lowest on each ladder ('Back off Man', 'We Got One', and 'Okay Who Brought the Dog')
2) 35% (a third) of the time you would be playing Spooked Librarian', 'He Slimed Me', and 'Spook Central'
3) 15% of the time you would get to play 'The Ballroom' and 'Gozer the Gozerian'
4) And only 4% of the time (just once) you would get to play 'Stay Puft Marshmallow Man' (It'd be a special rare mode!)

#10812 8 years ago

should be Monday or Tuesday for my delivery

#10813 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Copying an except from my earlier post outlining the numbers behind the tiered mode access...
1) 46% (almost half) of the time you would be playing the lowest on each ladder ('Back off Man', 'We Got One', and 'Okay Who Brought the Dog')
2) 35% (a third) of the time you would be playing Spooked Librarian', 'He Slimed Me', and 'Spook Central'
3) 15% of the time you would get to play 'The Ballroom' and 'Gozer the Gozerian'
4) And only 4% of the time (just once) you would get to play 'Stay Puft Marshmallow Man' (It'd be a special rare mode!)

I can't help but think how I secretly wish Lyman would have done the rules for this game. I'm sure Dwight's are cool because he does some great coding.. but man.. Lyman's would have been on a totally different level here.

#10814 8 years ago

Quoted from JoshODBrown:

mine too, got the notice on Monday. Should have it by this time next week i hope (or sooner).

Congrats guys that is awesome! Cant wait to finally see unboxing pics and get feedback from those who are able to play the machine in their own homes.

#10815 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I can't help but think how I secretly wish Lyman would have done the rules for this game. I'm sure Dwight's are cool because he does some great coding.. but man.. Lyman's would have been on a totally different level here.

I am not sure it would be called a "secret"

#10816 8 years ago

I had a few Lyman Games. And sure he does great jobs but Dwight is the reason I consider to buy a GB. The GoT rules are awesome, my heart is pumping everytime I play it.

#10817 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

No idea what you mean. How could Lyman have gotten this to a different level?? Is he a magician or something?

#10818 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Meh. Dwight's got this. They have a helluva start from what I've seen out there, I have no doubt it will get even better. Nothing against Lyman but I'm not with you on wishing away one dev for another.

Maybe I should illustrate. Look at Star Trek. It's a great looking game but from the Raw-materials perspective, we have very limited number of modes, a relatively repetitive center shot.. To take something like that and give it depth - was development skill, IMO. Dwight and Lonnie turned it into a super fun game. Not hard to get the Captain's Chair but they interspersed modes to give you ways to keep it fresh. Not to mention, I find myself playing against the medals system more than the core objectives most of the time - that was a great add, I thought.

I feel like there are more raw-materials to work with here on the design of GB, I look forward to seeing what they come up with!

#10819 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

No idea what you mean. How could Lyman have gotten this to a different level?? Is he a magician or something?

Yeah he sorta is...

#10820 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I don't know, but he sure knows how to do things most mere mortals could not do.. so some could call that magic

Quoted from visi0n:

Meh. Dwight's got this. They have a helluva start from what I've seen out there, I have no doubt it will get even better. Nothing against Lyman but I'm not with you on wishing away one dev for another.
Maybe I should illustrate. Look at Star Trek. It's a great looking game but from the Raw-materials perspective, we have very limited number of modes, a relatively repetitive center shot.. To take something like that and give it depth - was development skill, IMO. Dwight and Lonnie turned it into a super fun game.
I feel like there are more raw-materials to work with here on the design of GB, I look forward to seeing what they come up with!

See, the funny thing is that is why I kind of wish Lyman handled the code on GB. I own MET, TWD, and ST LE. I have to say that the coding on TWD and MET is just light years ahead of Star Trek. I know some people will disagree with me on this. But, my experience with having Lyman and Dwight games is I am just more of a fan of Lyman's style I guess. The Crank it Up modes on MET are insane.. light shows, sound, just everything in between to even get to those modes is great. TWD? Well, out of the over 100+ pins I have played, those rules are just insane.. the best I have ever experienced. When you get into Horde mode and Last Man Standing, nothing gets your heart pumping like those modes. He just knocked it out of the park.

Star Trek is fun, but the Mode's with the hit the lit shots is pretty dense in comparison to MET and TWD. Its fun and there is depth, but it's just on another level as far as it goes compared to MET and TWD. Great game though, but as I mentioned before- my experience is that Lyman is truly on a different level as far as coding goes.. then again, I am basing that off my experience with my personal collection and others I have played. I am sure GB will be great with Dwight's code, but it is hard to not think that if Lyman was to concurrently code for the same table that people would favor his version over Dwights in a hypothetical scenario like that..

#10821 8 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Consider a limited edition art print of only 500 copies worldwide and a poster print which can be produced unlimited times for a number of years. Supply and demand will provide a higher resale on the rarer item even in cases where the artwork is exactly the same (which is not the case with GB as the art on LE is different).
However that is only if there is demand. If the game is a bust and nobody wants it (no demand) likely the gap between an LE and a premium will narrow.
If the game rocks and turns out to be a classic where owners hold them and they rarely come up for sale, the LE owners will be just fine.

I think the concept you guys that think LE's are so rare, is that you think 500 is a low number. In the pinball world it is not. The pinball collector market is still very very small. To find 500 people want to buy a specific title is VERY hard to do. I have at least 7 games that have production runs less than 500 and many are less than 75 production runs. Now pile that with the fact that people can also buy that same game, with just a different art package, and your long term desire becomes even less. LE shouldn't be looked at as an investment or even to retain any kind of value over anything else. Should be bought only if you prefer that art package over the premium. that's the only part of it that makes a difference.

#10822 8 years ago

should be Monday or Tuesday for my delivery

That's it I'm moving to Alberta !!!!!!

#10823 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

One of the inserts leading into the shot for the Ecto Goggles is Stay Puft Marshmallow Man - so I think theres a good chance there will be an animated Stay Puft guy in the goggles which would be awesome

stern-ghostbustersle-details-11jpg-c74fcb_765w_(resized).jpg

That just a mode, I personally do no think the stay puff should be in the goggles, he is not a ghost is he?

#10824 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I think the concept you guys that think LE's are so rare, is that you think 500 is a low number. In the pinball world it is not. The pinball collector market is still very very small. To find 500 people want to buy a specific title is VERY hard to do. I have at least 7 games that have production runs less than 500 and many are less than 75 production runs. Now pile that with the fact that people can also buy that same game, with just a different art package, and your long term desire becomes even less. LE shouldn't be looked at as an investment or even to retain any kind of value over anything else. Should be bought only if you prefer that art package over the premium. that's the only part of it that makes a difference.

I am buying my LE because I love the theme, I think the art package looks the best, and I want to know I own only one out of 500 being made.

If I need to look at pins as an "investment" I probably need to rethink my investment strategy as a whole. That's crazy. I just like the comfort of knowing I didn't drop $8K on a toy that is going to massively depreciate.

Pins to me are never an "investment", but rather one of the only toys you can purchase and have fun with that doesn't cost a crap load of money to store, maintain, and insure that depreciates every time you take it out to use it.. like a boat, toy hauler, Sea-Doo, motorcycle, etc. Really, Pins are the only things that don't do this.

Definitely not an investment.. but a low risk depreciating asset you can have fun with and convert to cash at breakeven/slightly under/slightly more then the original purchase price? Sign me up!

#10825 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

...LE shouldn't be looked at as an investment or even to retain any kind of value over anything else. Should be bought only if you prefer that art package over the premium. that's the only part of it that makes a difference.

well that plus the # decal. Back when it meant you'd lose out on a glass backglass, deciding le or prem caused more drama. Having a real backglass should be a definitive feature on any le model.

#10826 8 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

That just a mode, I personally do no think the stay puff should be in the goggles, he is not a ghost is he?

I think in the movie Stay Puft was considered a ghost, if not, what else would he be?

#10827 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I think in the movie Stay Puft was considered a ghost, if not, what else would he be?

Demon - he's a demon that takes the form from the guys thoughts.

#10828 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

A big giant marshmallow man...

#10829 8 years ago

Slimer doesn't even have a name in the movies. He's a product of the cartoon and has no real place on the LE in my opinion. Marshmellow Man all the way for me!

#10830 8 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

Slimer doesn't even have a name in the movies. He's a product of the cartoon and has no real place on the LE in my opinion. Marshmellow Man all the way for me!

What's your thoughts of him being the main bash toy in all versions of the game then? In your opinion, does he not have a place on the machine then?

#10831 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Demon - he's a demon that takes the form from the guys thoughts.

Ah, ok- so they are not only Ghostbusters.. but Demonbusters. Gotcha.

#10832 8 years ago

No, not at all. He belongs on the machine, there's that great hotel scene with him. He's just not central enough to the plot.

#10833 8 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

No, not at all. He belongs on the machine, there's that great hotel scene with him. He's just not central enough to the plot.

I think he is one of he most recongnized characters from the Movie and makes a cameo in GB 2.

That said the GB themselves and the Ecto 1 are more central to the theme For that reason I do slightly prefer the pro/premium art .

#10834 8 years ago

P.s. For the guys they had to pay Automated last week what's the word on your games!?

#10835 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Class VII Deity or Avatar.

#10836 8 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

Not to mention he's the only ghost you actually see them bust entirely.

#10837 8 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

I'm coming over,when you get it

#10838 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Pins to me are never an "investment", but rather one of the only toys you can purchase and have fun with that doesn't cost a crap load of money to store, maintain, and insure that depreciates every time you take it out to use it.. like a boat, toy hauler, Sea-Doo, motorcycle, etc. Really, Pins are the only things that don't do this.
Definitely not an investment.. but a low risk depreciating asset you can have fun with and convert to cash at breakeven/slightly under/slightly more then the original purchase price? Sign me up!

Ding ding ding! Even if you don't think of it as an "investment" in the traditional sense, this line of thinking ABSOLUTELY plays into why we spend so much on these stupid things in this hobby without too much worry. No way we'd casually throw this amount of money around if these things were to depreciate significantly.

#10839 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Ah, ok- so they are not only Ghostbusters.. but Demonbusters. Gotcha.

Have you seen Ghostbusters?

Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Not to mention he's the only ghost you actually see them bust entirely.

Are you sure? Or right, I guess they didn't show Ackroyd finishing

#10840 8 years ago

There paranormal eliminators not just ghostbusters

#10841 8 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

There paranormal eliminators not just ghostbusters

Exactly. That's why I'd think the Stay Puft guy would be fitting to be in the Ecto goggles as well

#10842 8 years ago

In the C64 game you couldn't even see where Stay Puft was going to attack without them.

ghostbusters_02_(resized).pngghostbusters_02_(resized).png

edit: lol, wait I guess that was the marshmellow sensor.

#10843 8 years ago

Ok enough of this lame discussion.. Where's Jared and another vague 25 second video of the machine in Test mode to stir up new back and forth bickering when you need him?!?

#10844 8 years ago

I think only ghosts should be in the ecto goggles. The effect is going to make any image look transparent (like a ghost). Slimer could go in there as well, the librarian, scoleri brothers, or any ghost from the streets on the second movie. Also may be a great time to put in Vigo's head!

vigo_(resized).jpgvigo_(resized).jpg

#10845 8 years ago
Quoted from halpain24:

I think only ghosts should be in the ecto goggles.

Well It think you're going to be upset that the Zuul dogs are going to be on there. I'm basing that off the teaser trailer which showed the 3d model.

#10846 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Exactly. That's why I'd think the Stay Puft guy would be fitting to be in the Ecto goggles as well

no, this would be lame. Stay puft was not a ghost. When he exploded, everyone around the building was covered in marshmellow. Not ectoplasm. he was conjured, not an apparition.

#10847 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Ok enough of this lame discussion.. Where's Jared and another vague 25 second video of the machine in Test mode to stir up new back and forth bickering when you need him?!?

I think the next one they are going to show with the power off.

#10848 8 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

Well It think you're going to be upset that the Zuul dogs are going to be on there. I'm basing that off the teaser trailer which showed the 3d model.

Nah, I wouldn't be upset. Just my opinion on the way the effect will make it look transparent. I'd rather have more different things appear as well so gotta be willing to bend one way or the other I guess.

#10849 8 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

That could have been for the DMD only. Stern makes full renders, then turns them into dots for the DMD.

Check out the 8:15 mark on this Stern video of KISS.

Of course, they could be in the Goggles as well. We'll have to wait and see.

#10850 8 years ago

I want to see lots of black cat ghosts on that thing

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 217 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/217?hl=macdaddy1974 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.