IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 209 of 360.
#10401 8 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Wait a minute .. Now you're telling me that not only JT, but Steve Ritchie stripped as well?! I thought Stern was already doing quite well, but I guess you do what you have to do to sell Pros.

Why wouldn't you strip down the "better" model to make a pro. The higher prices game should be more thought out and planned.

#10402 8 years ago

I wonder how many would pay extra to see a stripped-down Ritchie?

#10403 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

I'm out!

#10404 8 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Wait a minute .. Now you're telling me that not only JT, but Steve Ritchie stripped as well?! I thought Stern was already doing quite well, but I guess you do what you have to do to sell Pros.

It is just a design philosophy. To do well Stern likes to sell both models. Some designers like to make the whole enchilada and then remove the cheese and sauce to make a burrito to sell at a lower price (SR, JT). While other designers like to make a yummy burrito and add sauce and cheese to sell enchiladas at a higher price (Borg).

Either way, you are eating Mexican.

#10405 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

#10406 8 years ago

This stripping joke went way over a lot of heads.

#10407 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

JT, like Steve Ritchie, design for the Premium and strip fro the Pro. That means, the Magslings are what JT had in mind for this game. Period. They are not a gimmick tacked onto the game to justify a price increase.

My friend talked with Steve at the Louisville expo and he said the opposite he designed for the pro first and added for the LE.

#10408 8 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

This stripping joke went way over a lot of heads.

I got it but I have been trying to get the thought out of my head.

#10409 8 years ago

arguing_(resized).jpgarguing_(resized).jpg

#10410 8 years ago
Quoted from CafeOne:

Our local pub got theirs yesterday along with St Augustine , not sure if stern is selling prototypes early to vendors , but the playfield still has the negative reinforcement typo ...very fun stern, great code from the start, can't wait for the premium!

IMG_20160417_002127_(resized).jpg

I'm surprised Stern would want the bad typo playfield out on the streets. I would never send one of my products out with a misspelled word. Maybe it was for a launch party and they will swap it out when they start shipping?

#10411 8 years ago

I'm just wondering if the typo was not caught in time to be fixed. It's happened before. I didn't got to the launch party in St.Augustine, however the pin at O'haras Irish pub is not going to be swapped out.

#10412 8 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I'm surprised Stern would want the bad typo playfield out on the streets. I would never send one of my products out with a misspelled word. Maybe it was for a launch party and they will swap it out when they start shipping?

Confirmed to me that they found out the misspelling a little too late.

Early play fields may have it.

Later ones will not.

If you look at the baseball card world, misspellings are worth more $ in the long term. Never know.

#10413 8 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

They probably sold it very cheap as it was a prototype.. I doubt they would junk a working machine because of a spelling mistake

#10414 8 years ago

I'll take a typo machine will be a rare collectible !

#10415 8 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Later ones will not.
If you look at the baseball card world, misspellings are worth more $ in the long term. Never know.

Quoted from Mando:

I'll take a typo machine will be a rare collectible !

where's the face palm emoji

#10416 8 years ago

Photoshop & Illustrator have spell check Stern

#10417 8 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Later ones will not.

That typo is pretty embarrassing. I hope it's not indicative of other glitches that may be lurking in the game!

#10418 8 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

That typo is pretty embarrassing. I hope it's not indicative of other glitches that may be lurking in the game!

Rumor has it the playfield says "Slimmer" instead of Slimer, and another glitch, which features a "Lance Armstrong Multiball" mode, where only a single ball drops onto the playfield and there is absolutely no ball save that is given.

#10419 8 years ago

So are LE owners going to drop their preorder and get a typo pro? Lol

#10420 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Rumor has it the playfield says "Slimmer" instead of Slimer, and another glitch, which features a "Lance Armstrong Multiball" mode, where only a single ball drops onto the playfield and there is absolutely no ball save that is given.

Duh!

#10421 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

lol

#10422 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

So are LE owners going to drop their preorder and get a typo pro? Lol

If yes, then please PM me, I will take that LE off your hands.

#10423 8 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

My friend talked with Steve at the Louisville expo and he said the opposite he designed for the pro first and added for the LE.

You're friend is wrong.

#10424 8 years ago

You're friend is wrong.

So your saying Steve does strip after all?

#10425 8 years ago
Quoted from system11:

So your saying Steve does strip after all?

That joke got old yesterday.

Got something fresher?

#10426 8 years ago

Trudeau has stated that he designed the LE/Premium first. Borg designs the Pro first, but Trudeau starts with the extra features and then scales back for the Pro.

#10427 8 years ago

Yeah but you missed it - I made fun of your grammar too.

Seriously you're getting really obnoxious in this thread - really getting in people's faces as soon as you disagree with anything. Chill out, you don't need to defend your purchase.

#10428 8 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

That one will be worth more than the others some day.

#10429 8 years ago
Quoted from system11:

Seriously you're getting really obnoxious in this thread - really getting in people's faces as soon as you disagree with anything. Chill out, you don't need to defend your purchase.

You're right, but you are probably wasting your breath.

#10430 8 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

That one will be worth more than the others some day.

that would be cool. Looks like the typo is on the premium/LE also, so I guess I will have one.

#10431 8 years ago

Eh, the typo doesn't bother me or excite me either way. I'd prefer if it didn't exist, but I won't notice it all that much. Spider-Man has a typo too, but I've never given it any thought.

#10432 8 years ago
Quoted from system11:

Snipes at me are the only thing that's obnoxious. No need to defend my purchase, just stating inconvenient truths to some people.

Your reply is 3rd grade level jokes about stripping? Grow up.

#10433 8 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

You're right, but you are probably wasting your breath.

And yet you bothered to type something....

#10434 8 years ago

That joke got old yesterday.
Got something fresher?

Nah - you're just miffed that you missed the joke the first time because you thought it was another comment you needed to disprove.

#10435 8 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Nah - you're just miffed that you missed the joke the first time because you thought it was another comment you needed to disprove.

I see your grade level is about the same as the poster of the "Joke".

#10436 8 years ago

And yet you bothered to type something....

Right on cue.

You must be one, lonely, miserable guy.

#10437 8 years ago

Rabble, Rabble, Rabble. Dey Terk R Jobs...

Did you guys hear there's a Ghostbusters Pin coming out?

#10438 8 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Did you guys hear there's a Ghostbusters Pin coming out?

The old one or the new re-boot?

#10439 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

The old one or the new re-boot?

I'm so sick of repeating this and it's old news. LE IS OLD CAST & PRO (JR.) IS LADIES REBOOT!!!!

#10440 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm so sick of repeating this and it's old news. LE IS OLD CAST & PRO (JR.) IS LADIES REBOOT!!!!

Damn that is just like stern! First they ruin pinball now they ruin my childhood. They have got to be stahped!

#10441 8 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Right on cue.
You must be one, lonely, miserable guy.

And you response was right on cue.

What does that say about you?

#10442 8 years ago

What is the typo that people are talking about? Looking at the high-res photos on IGN I don't see any.

#10444 8 years ago

I see your grade level is about the same as the poster of the "Joke".

Ah, personal insults about education levels. Grade A stuff there!

#10445 8 years ago

Super annoying that I'm going to have to take a roundabout route to find this thread because the OP has become so annoying on here, that I see little choice but to use the ignore feature, which also removes the thread from the front page.

#10446 8 years ago

You're friend is wrong.

I am going to have to follow frax's lead. Op has made looking at this thread unbearable. Time to ignore.

#10447 8 years ago

first time i make an order for a NIB and time seems me so long !!!!!

#10448 8 years ago

My distributor just emailed me and said its looking like Mid-May for LE shipments at the earliest.. and his info comes from Stern directly.... and he's in no hurry to collect the balance until he has something set in stone with an exact ETA. I think I like his way of doing business

#10449 8 years ago
Quoted from moondrummer78:

What is the typo that people are talking about? Looking at the high-res photos on IGN I don't see any.

The only one I have seen is the mis-spelling of reinforcement. Reinforcement is used on the playfield twice, but mis-spelled once.

#10450 8 years ago

beginning of May for the pro but i want to play now

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 209 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/209?hl=ball_shine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.