IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 360.
#10301 8 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

My distributor -- not automated -- asked for LE payment. Now paid up.

Distributors are asking for money BEFORE video of the magna slings is released, so that way they have your money if they turn out horrid.

#10302 8 years ago

That conspiracy theory doesn't make sense, the LE will sell out regardless.

#10303 8 years ago
Quoted from system11:

That conspiracy theory doesn't make sense, the LE will sell out regardless.

Nah if gameplay was released and it looked terrible people would bail for sure... This happened with some other LEs in the past. But it would have to be pretty bad

#10304 8 years ago

I'll bet someone $1,000 right now, no BS, that a single LE will not ship in April.

#10305 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I'll bet someone $1,000 right now, no BS, that a single LE will not ship in April.

Not taking that bet

#10306 8 years ago

By the way has anyone with a pro been asked for payment , and if so when were they told it would ship?

If not then I would really question the LE payments !

#10307 8 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Distributors are asking for money BEFORE video of the magna slings is released, so that way they have your money if they turn out horrid.

My disti says that they ask full payment when it arrives. Which is normal.

#10308 8 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Nah if gameplay was released and it looked terrible people would bail for sure... This happened with some other LEs in the past. But it would have to be pretty bad

To your point You can get a kiss le pretty easily. And I been saying all along. No way le is shipped this month. No way Jose

#10309 8 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I'm seriously so turned off by the unnecessary mystery involved in ordering a $7000 product. I'm probably just going to buy a $2000 Williams from the early 90s and call it a day.

I feel ya bro.

Those goddamn bastards at Stern!

It's too bad that people aren't allowed to WAIT and decide to buy a game until AFTER THEY'VE PLAYED ONE to make sure it's everything they'd hoped it would be. Think how nice it would be to WAIT if the software is shit... and not have to BEG for updates after Stern has all your money.

It's complete bullshit that we are FORCED to make buying decisions sight unseen.

bastards....

#10310 8 years ago

This is coming from someone who has never had anything good to say about stern. I did not order a GBLE but I played the pro at the TPF an I wish I had. The game plays as good as it looks. People paid the idiot J poop how much money for a magic girl and got hosed, here is a game that looks just as cool and plays as good as it looks.

#10311 8 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

This is coming from someone who has never had anything good to say about stern. I did not order a GBLE but I played the pro at the TPF an I wish I had. The game plays as good as it looks. People paid the idiot J poop how much money for a magic girl and got hosed, here is a game that looks just as cool and plays as good as it looks.

We'll never now how the final game would have played, but the art on Magic Girl is a hunded times better. The playfield looks more like a collaborated canvas with space left for some central artwork and not an effort to squeeze some tiny art pieces between all the inserts like the GB.

Both are great works of ZY for what they are but I like when the artwork has some more room to breathe.

But in that regard the cabinet artwork of GB compensates that for me.

(Btw. can you buy the Magic Girl Backglass somewhere?)

#10312 8 years ago

I understand but I can buy a GB that doesn't cost 18000 and actually works and the warranty isn't voided inlet someone else play it beside me, joking.

#10313 8 years ago

I hear Lonnie has taken over the code development on GB.

#10314 8 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

We'll never now how the final game would have played, but the art on Magic Girl is a hunded times better.

Could not disagree more....

Magic Girl looked like someone tried to put a whole pounder bag of skittles in their mouth and then coughed them onto the playfield.

The PF artwork (by itself, with the machine turned off) was nice, but the combination of the pf art and the light show was nauseating. I thought ZY' stuff was solid, but the integration into that machine was horrible.

I think GB is far and away a better TOTAL package.

#10315 8 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I hear Lonnie has taken over the code development on GB.

If this is true, an LE will now be available.

#10316 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

It's complete bullshit that we are FORCED to make buying decisions sight unseen.

I don't think anyone has ever claimed that anyone is forced to buy anything. The point is that this is 2016 and sharing video of a product couldn't be easier or cheaper. They're making a big fuss about this game, but withholding many important details. Yes... because of that many of us will wait. Don't be so dramatic with your straw man argument about us claiming we're being forced. No one said that. The point is that if we don't want to wait a long time for everything to shake out, we'd need a reasonable demo. That's super easy to do for stern, but they just don't do it. Maybe they figure it's better for them to sell the first batch sight unseen as people may well respond negatively and it could hurt their initial sales. The whole "they give us more now than they used to" argument is also ridiculous. Stern has clearly existed too long without any considerable competition, because this wouldn't fly in most industries.

Half of the people in this thread are stuck on the topic of how soon they can get their machine, and let's not pretend that stern itself isn't making a big push on this game, so waiting months or years isn't an ideal situation for anyone, and it's really not necessary. There's no reason why stern couldn't upload premium/le gameplay footage today. I don't get why some people here think it's crazy to expect a company that wants you to buy their product now, to the point that they are advertising it and taking orders, to give an actual demonstration and clear up all of the outstanding questions. No customers in my field would ever put up with this level of ambiguity. I guess the gamble of not knowing exactly what you're paying for is part of the appeal for some people. I'm certainly waiting to get all the details before I order, but it's ridiculous that the details are so elusive for a product this close to release.

#10317 8 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I understand but I can buy a GB that doesn't cost 18000 and actually works and the warranty isn't voided inlet someone else play it beside me, joking.

Yeah. I just,... man... that last interview with Jpop and that he asked Stern to help him out but they wouldn't do it for totally free and that isn't how it works in his company (present tense although his company allready wasn't anymore by that time). We ALL could have gotten a Magic Girl from Stern. *sniff* (And the guys who paid upfront get a Special LE Version or somewhat.)

Mastermind.... -_-;

But yeah, he "found" Jeremy so: Yeah! Hand drawn Art is finally back to pinball in a big way and I love it. Definately getting GB NIB (never even dreamt of buying a Stern in any condition before) and hope ZY will have some more freedom for the Projects to come.

And I still don't give up hope for Magic Girl. I JPops company is bancrupt, maybe Stern buys the rights to the 3/4 finished pin for peanuts.

#10318 8 years ago

Premium in June I believe

#10319 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Magic Girl looked like someone tried to put a whole pounder bag of skittles in their mouth and then coughed them onto the playfield.
The PF artwork (by itself, with the machine turned off) was nice, but the combination of the pf art and the light show was nauseating. I thought ZY' stuff was solid, but the integration into that machine was horrible.

I only spoke of the playfield design not the lightshow and beyond, because the pin wasn't finished anyway.

With the rest you are just plainly wrong when referring to the skittles analogy. The GB is the one that is bursting with color and tiny bits spread over the playfield, while the MG has a reduced color palette. The MG at least starts with a central piece of artwork (the girl, some magic chest and the title) wich -in my opinion- looks nicer (and objectively is a nicer composition or "a" composition at all) compared to the 4 Ghostbusters (wich are the main theme) spread over the whole playfield, partly covered by ramps and stuff and only shown from behind.

Edit:
And I don't say any of them is better. They're just different and propably have been done under vastly different circumstances.

#10320 8 years ago

It would of been nice if the premium had both the conventional slings and the magnets then the operator could decide which to use. I am sure room underneath the game probably prohibits this....

#10321 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I like the slings. I like different and unique stuff.
If want to play cookie cutter fan layouts I'll play my Ac/dc, SM and Lotr, all great pins.
So wtf is all the whining about?
Don't like the slings get a pro
When are they shipping! All I care about is the unboxing thread

Hey buddy. Take it easy. This is Pinside you know...we don't there kindly to them "logic talk" 'round here....

#10322 8 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I don't think anyone has ever claimed that anyone is forced to buy anything. The point is that this is 2016 and sharing video of a product couldn't be easier or cheaper. They're making a big fuss about this game, but withholding many important details. Yes... because of that many of us will wait. Don't be so dramatic with your straw man argument about us claiming we're being forced. No one said that. The point is that if we don't want to wait a long time for everything to shake out, we'd need a reasonable demo. That's super easy to do for stern, but they just don't do it. Maybe they figure it's better for them to sell the first batch sight unseen as people may well respond negatively and it could hurt their initial sales. The whole "they give us more now than they used to" argument is also ridiculous. Stern has clearly existed too long without any considerable competition, because this wouldn't fly in most industries.
Half of the people in this thread are stuck on the topic of how soon they can get their machine, and let's not pretend that stern itself isn't making a big push on this game, so waiting months or years isn't an ideal situation for anyone, and it's really not necessary. There's no reason why stern couldn't upload premium/le gameplay footage today. I don't get why some people here think it's crazy to expect a company that wants you to buy their product now, to the point that they are advertising it and taking orders, to give an actual demonstration and clear up all of the outstanding questions. No customers in my field would ever put up with this level of ambiguity. I guess the gamble of not knowing exactly what you're paying for is part of the appeal for some people. I'm certainly waiting to get all the details before I order, but it's ridiculous that the details are so elusive for a product this close to release.

*nudge nudge* he was being sarcastic, man.

His whole point of his post is that no one forced anyone to pay for anything. If you/we/I are frustrated and impatient, we have no one to blame but ourselves.

#10323 8 years ago

Now back to magnaslings...

I dont care!

I'll get the pro anyway because I like the cab artwork best, don't wanna wait,... and i'm poor. (Well, as 'poor' as someone buying a 6000$ toy can be called.)

#10324 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

*nudge nudge* he was being sarcastic, man.

Obviously it was sarcastic, but the implication is that people were making that argument, which is ridiculous.

#10325 8 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I don't think anyone has ever claimed that anyone is forced to buy anything.

joke_(resized).jpgjoke_(resized).jpg

#10326 8 years ago

LE's shipping before Pro's...woohoo! Bout time they got their sh*t together. Can't wait

#10327 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

And another one here.

F that. I will scream bloody murder if the code turns into a shit show.

I know Jared is reading this. Pass it on

Stop making shit up

#10328 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Quoted from iceman44:

And another one here.
F that. I will scream bloody murder if the code turns into a shit show.
I know Jared is reading this. Pass it on
Stop making shit up

Let me know I will take over either spot

#10329 8 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

LE's shipping before Pro's...woohoo! Bout time they got their sh*t together. Can't wait

#10330 8 years ago

Joined this website a little while back. I've notice people complain a bit here, no?

#10331 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Joined this website a little while back. I've notice people complain a bit here, no?

Pinside is basically a pinball enthusiast version of The View, minus the menopause and Whoopi Goldberg

#10332 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Pinside is basically a pinball enthusiast version of The View, minus the menopause and Whoopi Goldberg

More like Jerry Springer, when there's a bunch of racists on stage and a studio audience full of minorities.

#10333 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Yeah, rather interesting. People like to complain about something they don't have. The LE in this machine is going to be the #1 game ever. People griping about the magnetic slings is laughable. LE's will be bringing $10k+ very shortly. This machine is a work of art that will make any game room pop.

#10334 8 years ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

Yeah, rather interesting. People like to complain about something they don't have. The LE in this machine is going to be the #1 game ever. People griping about the magnetic slings is laughable. LE's will be bringing $10k+ very shortly. This machine is a work of art that will make any game room pop.

Okey-Dokey there Mr. Rose-colored glasses.

#10335 8 years ago
Quoted from jay:

More like Jerry Springer, when there's a bunch of racists on stage and a studio audience full of minorities.

I am just wondering who the midget is here on Pinside though?

hqdefault_(resized).jpghqdefault_(resized).jpg

#10336 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Let me know I will take over either spot

After what Lonnie did to Star Trek and KISS...I really don't want to go through that again.

#10337 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

You're not that far off.

#10338 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Whoopi Goldberg and I have the same birthday.

#10339 8 years ago

Just paid off my LE to very large distributor, told me 2 weeks, so lets hope all these 2 week notices are correct.

#10340 8 years ago

Can't work out if you're a troll, a fanboy, or just very excited, but at least your message is consistent:

If this title is as big of a hit as I think it will be people leaving them in the boxes will probably get $10k+ a year later. Anyway, we have 1/500 of what I believe to be the best looking new pin in 20 years.

This is going to be the most sought after Stern machine ever.

I will predict that this will be the #1 all time game. If it is 1/3 as good as all the hype my LE will stay in my collection for a very long time.

The LE in this machine is going to be the #1 game ever. People griping about the magnetic slings is laughable. LE's will be bringing $10k+ very shortly.

Who would trade their GBLE spot for anything Stern right now? You would be giving away a lot of money. GBLE will be one of the best pins ever.

GBLE is going to be a $10k+ game used in less than a year - I would not be surprised if it is that much before it even gets delivered........ There are certain titles and editions that will simply be collectible. GBLE is one of them.

Why cancel? You can make money when it ships to you. Leave it in the box and add $1k.

#10341 8 years ago

We can argue the merits of slings, ramps, and who is doing the code on Ghostbusters, but can't we all just agree that Data East's Simpsons is a terrible game? sorry, backhanded comments are contagious on this thread.

ANYWAY,
I have a Pro on order. I can promise no matter how things turn out, I will be grateful to have one in my home and have pinball in my life. Stern will not allow this title to fail. They have recently expanded and are looking to the future.

#10342 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Agreed I think MG looks like a kid threw up his Halloween candy all over it. Theme, art on gb is better.

#10343 8 years ago
Quoted from cubitron:

but can't we all just agree that Data East's Simpsons is a terrible game?

Custom art by Matt Groening, game specific callouts from the original actors, longest ramp I've ever seen?

Nope - we won't even be able to agree on that one!

#10344 8 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Nope - we won't even be able to agree on that one!

Touche, sir.

#10345 8 years ago

since when are slings have to be a standard feature on pinball? Yes slings have become a staple, but honestly, it needs to start being changed up. If these slings do something different and completely change the way slings act, i'm all for it. Yes they are still in the same spot and angle. but baby steps. If they turn out to act like normal slings. Well there goes wishful thinking of something refreshing and new.

#10346 8 years ago

In the meantime, while you are all debating "slings" , me, i am whistling of happiness every day cause i have a GBLE ON ORDER BITCHES!! WOOHOO!!
(Kidding,i love u all,just really excited 'bout my gble.)

#10347 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I am just wondering who the midget is here on Pinside though?

hqdefault_(resized).jpg

Figuratively? There's this guy sleeping in TMNT sheets...

#10348 8 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Hand drawn Art is finally back to pinball

Did you not see Metallica or Kiss? Both have really good hand drawn art. Stern has been doing this for awhile now.

#10349 8 years ago

Played the pro at a release party in St. Augustine yesterday. From what I could see, the pro looks loaded. I'm typically a premium/LE guy, and I'd consider the pro in this case.

I haven't hit many shows/events in the last 2 years based on my life outside of pinball, so I got to play the following titles: hobbit, kiss, GOT, and GB. I enjoyed GB the most, just casually playing without any knowledge of rules. GB was by far the better looking machine (hobbit was nice as well), which as a collector is important for me.

Anyway, thought I'd share my thoughts. Congrats to the folks waiting on a GB. I think you'll be happy with it.

#10350 8 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Okey-Dokey there Mr. Rose-colored glasses.

He bought one so of course it's 10K :p

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/207 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.