IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 201 of 360.
#10001 8 years ago

For *this* title, I love how the magnetic slings are behaving and I'm sure they will continue to tweak the timings.

As a potential replacement for normal slings on any other title - no.

#10002 8 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

i was thinking more about them saying it was early code, and maybe it could mean some delay for the LEs that everybody was getting excited about being shipped in the near future.

Well, we know that Stern isn't shy about shipping with early code...

#10003 8 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

i was thinking more about them saying it was early code, and maybe it could mean some delay for the LEs that everybody was getting excited about being shipped in the near future.

No delay. When has early code ever stopped Stern from shipping?

#10004 8 years ago

So does this count as showing the premium/LE for my contest?

#10005 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

That would be in the coding. I think they are just showing off the basics right now.

Yea thats what I am hoping for , it is in test mode keeps pulling it back to the same sling. This is when its good to be in the Premium however, because if it turned out to be a dud I would love a pro.

#10006 8 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

So does this count as showing the premium/LE for my contest?

I say yes!! Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

#10007 8 years ago

Obviously the magnets are on a short pulse right now, but I could see it being programmed to hold at times or longer pulses to throw harder. It's going to be nutty.

#10008 8 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Yea thats what I am hoping for , it is in test mode keeps pulling it back to the same sling. This is when its good to be in the Premium however, because if it turned out to be a dud I would love a pro.

The "basics" are better than I was hoping for. This can only get better with creative code.

Now, onto video showing off the Ramp, Slimer, and Ecto-1 goggles!

#10009 8 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Hmm...they don't seem to be going back and forth much but I will withhold judgement. I will say props to Stern for sharing.

Yeah, I expected they would simulate regular slings except during certain modes. Having them act this way all the time seems a little much.

#10010 8 years ago

By the way, is there a "cliffy" on the scoop?

#10012 8 years ago

Looks cool but, people are going to hate this type of play.

#10013 8 years ago

"It's even better during a real game."

Sweet...then ah...hit the start button?

#10014 8 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Some people. But some people hated Flippers and DMD screens.

#10015 8 years ago

you know that they posted that video, then rushed back to their computer to refresh this thread to see what we're saying...

HI DWIGHT and JOHN!!!

#10016 8 years ago

I'd like to see how they behave with the polarity reversed.

#10017 8 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

I am hoping that this is just a basic function. They said they will function as regular slings as well.

#10018 8 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

The same way it functions right now.

#10019 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

"It's even better during a real game."
Sweet...then ah...hit the start button?

Yea I agree why didn't they just play the darn thing LOL. I am really going to withhold judgement until I see how it acts in gameplay, I am not quite as enthusiastic as some of the others. Slings are an integral part of gameplay, more so than pops which I would agree we could do without. Definitely a lot of potential here but I want to see some left to right action, seems like that can happen if they pulse them differently and this could be a unique mode where they act this way, if that is the case then I like!

#10020 8 years ago

Are these magnet sling only going to used for certain modes or for regular use to? Would be great if it was only used for modes.

#10021 8 years ago

That is pretty cool w/ basic code on it. I do miss the sounds of the coil firing, but when Dwight gets some complicated sling code going. It is going to be @#$#@$ bad ass

#10022 8 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Are these magnet sling only going to used for certain modes or for regular use to? Would be great if it was only used for modes.

Just as normal slings fire when hit, these will fire when hit. BUT since they are mag's, they can do different features for different modes. Like freeze the ball then drop to a flipper, bounce the ball between mags, etc.

#10023 8 years ago

No thanks to the new slings. I've never been a fan of any of the magnetic features. I prefer more predictable physics in my games.

#10024 8 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Going to guess that if you "cross the streams" in a game mode, they'll reverse. That'll be awesome.

ghostbusters-cross-the-streams_(resized).jpgghostbusters-cross-the-streams_(resized).jpg

#10025 8 years ago

huh....well I....

huh.

#10026 8 years ago

I think they look pretty sweet! they fit the theme perfectly too... I don't think I'd want them in every game but I commend Stern and JT for trying something different. I'd imagine that how they are shown in the video is probably the standard function that is used 90%+ of the time but I have a feeling they'll program some other functions in.-probably a hold and drop or perhaps pulsing them even when the sling switches aren't activated.-like in TAF or GNR during certain modes or multiball.

#10027 8 years ago

Potential for sure, but that video is basically pointless. It shows there are magnets on the slings, which we already knew.
Basically the same thing as some weak ass busted up limp slings that don't fire much

#10028 8 years ago

I'm really digging them for GB, as others said I wouldn't want them to become the standard in other games... but they certainly work well here. Really looking forward to full gameplay videos!

#10029 8 years ago

these are going to be fun, but very frustrating at times. I love the absolute randomness.

#10030 8 years ago

They did say early code but I thought the code for the slings would have been much further if they did a lot of testing before deciding to use them as was stated in interviews. I want to see a video of how they function normally. That is the underlying concern.

#10031 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Potential for sure, but that video is basically pointless. It shows there are magnets on the slings, which we already knew.
Basically the same thing as some weak ass busted up limp slings that don't fire much

Video is hardly pointless. It shows exactly what we needed to know, and that is how the basics of the slings function.

They look smooth to me.

The rest is going to be outrageous fun when they really go wild.

#10032 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

That is pretty cool w/ basic code on it. I do miss the sounds of the coil firing, but when Dwight gets some complicated sling code going. It is going to be @#$#@$ bad ass

Here lies a great mod...additional firing kicker coil to replicate the authentic sound of a kicker Zero patent violation there for all you nodders (Modders not nodders LOL)

#10033 8 years ago

If they behave like that video in general gameplay, they look terrible. The magnet pulls it off the rubber and hurls it back at the rubber a few times, then just drops it. That's not a "kicker" at all. You throw a ball at a kicker and it fires back hard to somewhere else, not bobbles it and drops it.

#10034 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

If they behave like that video in general gameplay, they look terrible. The magnet pulls it off the rubber and hurls it back at the rubber a few times, then just drops it. That's not a "kicker" at all. You throw a ball at a kicker and it fires back hard to somewhere else, not bobbles it and drops it.

Sometimes it does that, sometimes it just kicks it away.

Both were shown.

#10035 8 years ago

Video is hardly pointless. It shows exactly what we needed to know, and that is how the basics of the slings function.

It should you what you needed to know, which is nothing because you'd love anything obviously.

Quoted from epthegeek:

That's not a "kicker" at all. You throw a ball at a kicker and it fires back hard to somewhere else, not bobbles it and drops it.

It had some good action every once in awHile, but for the most part they just sort of dribbled down to the flipper without much fan far...like...wow? They could end up awesome, they could pump more juice into them...but for now that was pretty lackluster.

Quoted from Pinballlew:

Here lies a great mod...additional firing kicker coil to replicate the authentic sound of a kicker Zero patent violation there for all you nodders

Modders only please...don't let stern reproduce coil noises!

#10036 8 years ago

Both were shown.

Thank you for posting that video link...those slings are awesome..i am totally sold now. Cheers

#10037 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It should you what you needed to know, which is nothing because you'd love anything obviously.

It had some good action every once in awHile, but for the most part they just sort of dribbled down to the flipper without much fan far...like...wow? They could end up awesome, they could pump more juice into them...but for now that was pretty lackluster.

Hardly. You know.....sometimes the ball hits the regular slings without getting kicked...and "dribble down" as you say.

#10038 8 years ago

From the video, it might be a positive that the ball appears to be occupied by the slings for a shorter time than with traditional slingshots. It will likely be more random and less predictable as well.

#10039 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Here lies a great mod...additional firing kicker coil to replicate the authentic sound of a kicker Zero patent violation there for all you nodders

Just like on a vpin. Just put a coil in the bottom of the cab that is connected to the switches

#10040 8 years ago

Hardly. You know.....sometimes the ball hits the regular slings without getting kicked...and "dribble down" as you say.

Agreed there, but that has a lot to do with how the game is set up and were it hits the slings. I middle hit to the slings is never going to dribble down.

#10041 8 years ago

early code on slings = not even close to shipping. I think nobody wants early code on something that important

#10042 8 years ago

We don't know the sound effect when the ball hits mag slings during game play. I am sure they will have a sound effect for it in normal play. That was just test mode.

#10043 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Agreed there, but that has a lot to do with how the game is set up and were it hits the slings. I middle hit to the slings is never going to dribble down.

I'm not seeing any dribble down when they actually hit the switch. Some of his rolls just didn't hit the switch. A video of the game in action will be much better, but I just didn't think this video was pointless. A good first tease.

#10044 8 years ago

We joked a lot about the MagnoSlings®™, but I was always optimistic they would turn out okay.

I'm going to still hold out hope that somehow they turn out better than that video, but honestly, every machine of mine on death row just breathed a sigh of relief.

#10045 8 years ago

Looking good to me can't wait to see the whole game in action

#10046 8 years ago

Both were shown.

Watched the video multiple times and it never kicked it away without grabbing it back towards itself.

#10047 8 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

early code on slings = not even close to shipping. I think nobody wants early code on something that important

Precisely...if the code was mature, they would have shown it. Still saying June

#10048 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Watched the video multiple times and it never kicked it away without grabbing it back towards itself.

And? It still bounces off.

#10049 8 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Precisely...if the code was mature, they would have shown it. Still saying June

Nonsense.

#10050 8 years ago

Both were shown.

where are you seeing it kick the ball away like a traditional sling and not get pulled back around or whatever?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 49.95
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 103.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 201 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/201 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.