IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 360.
#951 8 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

As soon as Stern reuses the HH playfield like BarnStorm Games with GB art, I am out...hopefully the are more creative and skilled with the license than that...

Barnstorm did the Pro Pinball Timeshock! re-release, Farsight Studio's did the shameless HH ripoff called Ghostbusters .

#952 8 years ago

PM all future leaks to Whysnowden @ Pinleaks.com

#953 8 years ago

Who is that guy who leaked the backglass?? He also said he's seen all the art....top, sides, etc...

#954 8 years ago

Where is out virtual versions of these new sterns?! I figured got would be the first.

#955 8 years ago

GB is such a strong license they could put an alphanumeric in it and still sell.

When they do go color, expect it on a game that might need a little extra kick in the pants.

#956 8 years ago

As with the past several games, all signs point to LCD on this one. But this time, I believe! (Just like last time)

#957 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

When they do go color, expect it on a game that might need a little extra kick in the pants.

Star Wars?

#958 8 years ago

I think I am the only one here who has not seen this art. I am dying to see it. Will somebody please send me the secret link? Thanks! Jim

Update: Got it! Thanks!

#959 8 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

I think I am the only one here who has not seen this art. I am dying to see it. Will somebody please send me the secret link? Thanks! Jim

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ghostbusters+pinball+leaked+art

try the second hit...

#960 8 years ago

Anyone know why Jared is deactivated?

#961 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

...naah, too easy...

#962 8 years ago

Mortal Kombat!

#963 8 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Mortal Kombat!

1293362253595.gif1293362253595.gif

#964 8 years ago

I really hope this was a rough draft and the real one will be cleaner and better coloured.

#965 8 years ago

Well, I really hope that is the final draft.... i dig it

#966 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Jared made the decision to deactivate. He was not forced to deactivate by anyone.

Jared is still active on Facebook and if you would like to engage him directly about his reasons, please contact him there.

Based on my personal conversations with Jared, he loves Pinside and looks forward to returning in the future.

Marcus

#967 8 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Jared made the decision to deactivate. He was not forced to deactivate by anyone.
Jared is still active on Facebook and if you would like to engage him directly about his reasons, please contact him there.
Based on my personal conversations with Jared, he loves Pinside and looks forward to returning in the future.
Marcus

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#968 8 years ago

There was a second poster on the hill, I'm sure of it.

#969 8 years ago

I saw that Farsight, the makers of The Pinball Arcade and recent partner with Stern has Ghostbusters themed pin that was released back in Oct 2014.

It plays pretty lousy on a phone, but it's not an impractical layout for a real-life pin. It just isn't that exciting layout wise. It has both upper and lower playfields, with the lower playfield similar to the reversed one in Haunted House. In fact it looks a lot like a re-skinned Haunted House.

#970 8 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

In fact it looks a lot like a re-skinned Haunted House.

That's exactly what it is.

#971 8 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

I saw that Farsight, the makers of The Pinball Arcade and recent partner with Stern has Ghostbusters themed pin that was released back in Oct 2014.
It plays pretty lousy on a phone, but it's not an impractical layout for a real-life pin. It just isn't that exciting layout wise. It has both upper and lower playfields, with the lower playfield similar to the reversed one in Haunted House. In fact it looks a lot like a re-skinned Haunted House.
» YouTube video

In fact it IS a re-skinned HH.

#972 8 years ago
Quoted from mgpasman:

Barnstorm did the Pro Pinball Timeshock! re-release, Farsight Studio's did the shameless HH ripoff called Ghostbusters .

Whoops! My bad, I got them mixed up again...
Mostly due to the time it has been to wait for TS! PC release finally...

It is still completely banishing for them to copy the layout of a classic Gottlieb pinball machine and use the layout as "an original design" for GB. It a pathethic attempt for cash grab as a mobile game and that is what it accomplished.

The worst part?
99% of people did not even have a clue.

#973 8 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

It is still completely banishing for them to copy the layout of a classic Gottlieb pinball machine and use the layout as "an original design" for GB. It a pathethic attempt for cash grab as a mobile game and that is what it accomplished.

They've licensed Haunted House. GB was free to download. I don't see a cash grab there.

#974 8 years ago

I heard directly from a distributor that it's going to be GB for the next Stern Pin; will be based off the new one though, so could be totally lame; we'll see.

#975 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

As with the past several games, all signs point to LCD on this one. But this time, I believe! (Just like last time)

But wouldn't the game need a computer in it tied into the code and gameplay like WOS to show the video? Your talkin major $$$$ then.

#976 8 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I heard directly from a distributor that it's going to be GB for the next Stern Pin; will be based off the new one though, so could be totally lame; we'll see.

Going by how they handled WWE, I wouldn't be surprised if the LE had an art package based on the original movie and the pro has an art package based on the new movie.

#977 8 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Going by how they handled WWE, I wouldn't be surprised if the LE had an art package based on the original movie and the pro has an art package based on the new movie.

The artwork that leaked was the Pro translite. All versions will be based on the original movie.

#978 8 years ago

I can't keep up with what's real and what's not anymore. Old movie,
New movie, next pin up, after SM, etc

#979 8 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

The new movie doesn't even come out till next summer.

#980 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They've licensed Haunted House. GB was free to download. I don't see a cash grab there.

It does not matter if the license was acquired under proper property rights (which I had to scrutinize to see).
It was not entirely "free" in had IN GAME purchases (ie mobile cash grab...).
Or at least it did, when I tested it back in 2014.

They have more creativity than that, than to reuse other people's work.
Their description made it sound like it was "their" designed game.
HH was a landmark of its day, unique, and part of pinball history.
This is complete trash that tarnishes its image.
The "redux" was not even that good, and as I said, I did actually play it.

Pinball FX2 at least uses original designs, many of which are phenomenal in terms of quality.
This I can respect, although most would rather play a physical game when they can.

#981 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

But wouldn't the game need a computer in it tied into the code and gameplay like WOS to show the video? Your talkin major $$$$ then.

I thought spike system was able to handle the video out?

#982 8 years ago

I would expect something akin to a ColorDMD vs what Jersey Jack had in WOZ. Essentially, a cost-effective yet innovative item that balances price and technology. Maybe an OTS LCD with color dots.

#983 8 years ago
Quoted from robin:

Finally then, post #38.... drumroll...
post 38.png
...was a duplicate. We remove dupes all the time for obvious reasons, usually they're caused by bad connections or by a pesky bug which I am yet to fix.

Thanks for that Robin . I could have sworn I saw a post from Jared in that thread but obviously not, it must have been another thread. I sincerely apologize to you personally Robin and all the other mods for claiming you were in bed with Stern douche bags. You have proven me very wrong. Thank you for the pic of post #38. Much appreciated.

#984 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Not sure of the limitations of Spike but I'm sure you could manage with the power of an Android-based computer or something like the Raspberry Pi. Not major dollars.

#985 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Nah, that sort of thing is pretty easy to do. A $35 Raspberry Pi could handle the task and comes with an HDMI port.

edit: jinx!

#986 8 years ago

Why wouldn't Stern just phone up the ColorDMD guys and go this route if they weren't ready to go full LCD yet?

#987 8 years ago

So are the rumors also true about the hidden "Disco Inferno Multiball" mode that features a disco ball style light effect across all playfield inserts?

Just joking...but it could be amazing, haha.

#988 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Why wouldn't Stern just phone up the ColorDMD guys and go this route if they weren't ready to go full LCD yet?

COST.
Price model in comparison to production and estimated sales in a open economy.
ColorDMD = +$400 (retail), +$300 (reduced)
There is a tipping point on sales of "standard" (ie PRO) models.
Even Premium can get "iffy" at times.
Adding up all those "features" can cause some issues.
LE titles generally sell out due to the hardcore, but the rest can sit for months if improperly priced.

It HAS happened before...

#989 8 years ago

If not WOZ type LCD or play field LCD like hieghway then I'm in the fence. I'm not paying LE prices without it. If not premium released then guess I'm getting a pro. Stern LE prices are too close to WOZ for them to be cutting corners when they have economy of scale behind them.

#990 8 years ago

I have a hard time believing they would make a pin with these new waste of recreated characters. I did see the supposed old school translit but find if hard to believe they would only make as LE for tribute to original movies. unlike wrestling the new characters are popolulat for thise who watch it and the LE characters are classic for us old school, can't argue the game play as have not played it. If this game is made I guess Jaws would be possible or would it take a remake to create one.

#991 8 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

will be based off the new one though, so could be totally lame; we'll see.

We've seen the artwork. Stern wouldn't have asked that it be removed if it wasn't real.

#992 8 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

We've seen the artwork. Stern wouldn't have asked that it be removed if it wasn't real.

Why not. It had the Stern logo in the corner. That is enough reason to ask that it be removed if fake.

#993 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Why not. It had the Stern logo in the corner. That is enough reason to ask that it be removed if fake.

Fair enough. I just don't think they would bother.

#994 8 years ago

*SIGH*

For the umpteenth time...

Ghostbusters is based on the original cast, NOT the female reboot.

SPIKE supports LCD display screens. Stern confirmed this in the specs for SPIKE that were released at the beginning of the year.

I don't know why confusion about these two things keeps coming up.

#995 8 years ago

If the LEs sell quick and there's more demand (like TWD), Stern will do a premium version. That appears to be their new business approach. I can't say that I blame them.

#996 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

I don't know why confusion about these two things keeps coming up.

Could be that this thread is 20 pages long or some people are new to the scene and not following. Just a thought.

#997 8 years ago
Quoted from taz:

If the LEs sell quick and there's more demand (like TWD), Stern will do a premium version. That appears to be their new business approach. I can't say that I blame them.

Don't kid yourself. Stern has every intention to make a premium model. They are just saying the only LE BS so they sell out like TWD, then they will release the premium and piss more people off. They made a mistake of going against their new "only LE" BS model with GOT and it bit them in the ass because IMO the premium looks better then the LE so people are probably waiting for it.

#998 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

*SIGH*
For the umpteenth time...

This is how it felt trying to tell you that GoT didn't have an LCD screen.

#999 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

They made a mistake of going against their new "only LE" BS model with GOT and it bit them in the ass because IMO the premium looks better then the LE so people are probably waiting for it.

and now it has been compounded by the delay in getting GoTprem out the door which means orders on hold may just flip over into GB now that it leaked?

#1000 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

and now it has been compounded by the delay in getting GoTprem out the door which means orders on hold may just flip over into GB now that it leaked?

Yeah true I didn't think about that. Good point. Anyone that doesn't think Stern is lying through their teeth about this "only LE" thing, really has the wool pulled over their eyes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 103.00
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.