IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 199 of 360.
#9901 8 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Thanks for the helpful info. On the one hand, I want to protect my $7000 toy (gulp!) when it comes. On the other hand, the idea of adding after-market metal stuff to the playfield (installed by a newbie, i.e., me) makes me queasy for the reasons you describe.

I'm skipping the Cliffy's... No real need on a HOU machine to be honest.

The only mod I have (just arrived today) for GB is Invisiglass. I'll never own a machine ever again that does not have Invisiglass or PDI glass, I'd suggest putting money into that instead of anything else- it's such a huge difference, especially when it comes to the bright Zombie Yeti artwork, you want to see it as good as if the glass was off and no glare.

#9902 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

No truer words were ever spoken.

With a HUO pin that came NIB I can't believe all the waste of $$ that goes on to put metal all over the place on your pinball machine.

On route, whatever, at home, not for me.

Some cling vinyl and thin self adhesive felt is all I need.

#9903 8 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

all ya gotta do and pick up your phone and call them to get a better idea...I am on for a premium so I am way out there, but if you really got a email and you don't know if he meant pro or LE, I would think you would want to find out. Hope is not a resolution or strategy. this just feeds into who is full of bs and who is not. I called my disti..they are not sure on dates at this point on my premium.

Hmmm, pick up the phone and call them you say, never thought of that(they are closed Einstein). Did you honestly just question if I really received an email on the game? Whats wrong with you?

#9904 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

The only mod I have (just arrived today) for GB is Invisiglass. I'll never own a machine ever again that does not have Invisiglass or PDI glass, I'd suggest putting money into that instead of anything else- it's such a huge difference, especially when it comes to the bright Zombie Yeti artwork, you want to see it as good as if the glass was off and no glare.

Where do you order invisiglass from?

#9905 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No truer words were ever spoken.
With a HUO pin that came NIB I can't believe all the waste of $$ that goes on to put metal all over the place on your pinball machine.
On route, whatever, at home, not for me.
Some cling vinyl and thin self adhesive felt is all I need.

What about a game like KISS where the scoop just takes a beating?

#9906 8 years ago

Well -- I got the letter today that my Gostbusters LE #5 is going to be ready to be drop shipped next week. Quicker than I thought it would be -- I was thinking a couple more months or late May -- but I will not complain. So with the Both Hobbit LE and Smaug Coming in about two more weeks and being delivered by end of the month and this one -- I think I should have a OPEN House at our office for those close to Central Illinois that want to come by and play games and enjoy these machines. I need to see what is out there for MODS for both these games -- Any help in the right direction is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

#9907 8 years ago

Are there bars/locations in NYC planning on getting a Ghostbusters to play?

#9908 8 years ago

LE People getting requests for full payment before the gameplay video?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#9909 8 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

Hmmm, pick up the phone and call them you say, never thought of that(they are closed Einstein). Did you honestly just question if I really received an email on the game? Whats wrong with you?

Lol yeah I did. It's a forum and anyone can post anything.

#9910 8 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

kpg, sent you a PM.
Pretty large distributor. I'm just relaying info I was told. I really hope this is accurate.

Is this true?

Yes this is true.

[for clarity, I know nothing, just the movie quote that popped into my head...]

#9911 8 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Well -- I got the letter today that my Gostbusters LE #5 is going to be ready to be drop shipped next week. Quicker than I thought it would be -- I was thinking a couple more months or late May -- but I will not complain. So with the Both Hobbit LE and Smaug Coming in about two more weeks and being delivered by end of the month and this one -- I think I should have a OPEN House at our office for those close to Central Illinois that want to come by and play games and enjoy these machines. I need to see what is out there for MODS for both these games -- Any help in the right direction is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Man i hope this is true would love to get me LE sooner then later i just find it hard to believe that any LE are shipping next week since the pros haven't even started yet.......

#9912 8 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

LE People getting requests for full payment before the video of gameplay?

thats how I feel. One guy says he got a email now everyone has one. Me too I got one. It's says your Premiun is coming in June or maybe July and to pay now. Meanwhile my disti is saying no one knows anything yet. I know this cause I called them.

#9913 8 years ago

Actually I just saw smoke signals. It says LE's will drop ship tomorrow. Believe me it's true

#9914 8 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

image_(resized).jpeg

How many LE people have actually gotten requests to pay from there distributors? I know i haven't yet. Is it really possible that some Distributors are saying this to collect money know full well knowing there not shipping?

#9915 8 years ago

Theres some Politics of positioning and allotment behind the scenes, IMO.
Why one distributor gets sooner then another is beyond me, but obviously this happens....

So one might know exactly of their delivery, while another may be waiting to hear......nothing abnormal about that.

#9916 8 years ago

Here is the email I received today.

Attached please find your invoice for the Ghostbusters LE, showing a balance due of $xxxx.00. The wire instructions are on the invoice, please send your payments as soon as possible, Stern is looking to ship sometime next week and all payments must be in, in order to have the machines drop shipped.

Thank you in advance and please call me with any questions.

#9917 8 years ago

Well I know who your distro is and he is reputable Hope it's for real !!

#9918 8 years ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

Here is the email I received today.
Attached please find your invoice for the Ghostbusters LE, showing a balance due of $xxxx.00. The wire instructions are on the invoice, please send your payments as soon as possible, Stern is looking to ship sometime next week and all payments must be in, in order to have the machines drop shipped.
Thank you in advance and please call me with any questions.

awesome !

Any more confirmed LE buyers with similar info from their distributors?

#9919 8 years ago

Since my mod was so well received here is a Q&A session and a new feature!

#9920 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

What about a game like KISS where the scoop just takes a beating?

Honestly? Either some self adhesive mylar or cut some "custom" self adhesive felt from hobby lobby.

Scoops, saucers and shooter lane protected for less than $2.

I'm getting ready to pull the "Cliffy" on my turbo saucer on the Indy 500 I just received. Way too many ejects on a proper hit.

I hate metal all over my pins.

#9921 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Honestly? Either some self adhesive mylar or cut some "custom" self adhesive felt from hobby lobby.
Scoops, saucers and shooter lane protected for less than $2.
I'm getting ready to pull the "Cliffy" on my turbo saucer on the Indy 500 I just received. Way too many ejects on a proper hit.
I hate metal all over my pins.

Wait what is the felt for?

#9922 8 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Well I know who your distro is and he is reputable Hope it's for real !!

If this is true we gotta be seeing video sometime soon or maybe the mag slings are so bad they want are money first

#9923 8 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

image_(resized).jpeg

What happened with all the LEs that came out before GOT? My guess is all of those owners bought theirs before seeming them in action.

#9924 8 years ago

With all these potential problems with the LE if you want to back out I will gladly take over your spot! Yes even before I see the video of the failed magna slings and any other disasters this pinball must have. It's not to late I will take the hit for you.

#9925 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

With all these potential problems with the LE if you want to back out I will gladly take over your spot! Yes even before I see the video of the failed magna slings and any other disasters this pinball must have. It's not to late I will take the hit for you.

Haha same here :p

#9926 8 years ago

I do find it odd that there is talk of the LEs going out soon and hardly any Pros are delivered.

Well, all I know is my LE is not here yet, but Pinside be the first to know when it shows up.

#9927 8 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

Lol yeah I did. It's a forum and anyone can post anything.

Yes, they can. I just felt like you peed in my cheerios before I was able to eat any. Just excited to hear something on my game. Its all good

#9928 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

awesome !
Any more confirmed LE buyers with similar info from their distributors?

I got the same letter. I trust that they would not collect and then it be two months later. I have done past busines with them...only because I started my collection with them.....I trust that it is true.

#9929 8 years ago

Well there's always my leg Light-Ups, the green would look great on an LE.

#9930 8 years ago

I got the same letter. I trust that they would not collect and then it be two months later. I have done past busines with them...only because I started my collection with them.....I trust that it is true.

Well, then it seems our other distributors are dropping the ball or Stern isn't telling them the info they are giving your distro. Someone is wrong here that's for sure.. guess we'll see.. hope your distributor is the correct one!

#9931 8 years ago

Is it just one distro sending out payment requests? Trent, JJ, CT?

#9932 8 years ago

I don't want to break forum etiquette so I'll word this as best as I can. Based on PM's, I believe it is only one Distributor that is asking for payment right now on LE's. I started my collection with them as well and will find out more tomorrow

#9933 8 years ago

I think it might rhyme with Mautomated Gervices.

#9934 8 years ago
Quoted from Alphajerk3000:

Yes i would have guessed the same thing based on there history with Stern, but still this is unexpected really curious to see what new information leaks on this.

#9935 8 years ago
Quoted from Alphajerk3000:

67F5pDo_(resized).jpg67F5pDo_(resized).jpg

#9936 8 years ago

I pay my machines off right away when I buy them.

Does it put me higher on the list because of that? No clue. I'd just rather get it over and done with. It's not like the banks are paying me anything to keep my money there anyway.

#9937 8 years ago

GBLE deposit, no news about shipping or additional payment. I'm shocked if they start shipping this quickly, in fact I don't believe it yet... Not sure why Stern is rushing, they are behind on everything, how about take your time make sure the decal glue dries

#9938 8 years ago

New mods

DSC_0061_1024x1024-1_(resized).jpgDSC_0061_1024x1024-1_(resized).jpg
To mezelmods

#9939 8 years ago

Please do...I think I am the only one that operates new/newer Sterns in Central or Southern Illinois.

Ghostbusters will not be on location in Champaign any time soon, though. I am down to a few locations, and only one of them does well, and it's too soon to replace any of the machines there. I have a Pro on order.

-Mark

#9940 8 years ago

I ordered my LE from Automated and received no info on shipping yet. I think I will be giving them a call today.

#9941 8 years ago

Gameplay video of the LE/Premium model possible today perhaps?

#9942 8 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

I don't want to break forum etiquette so I'll word this as best as I can. Based on PM's, I believe it is only one Distributor that is asking for payment right now on LE's. I started my collection with them as well and will find out more tomorrow

Is Jack selling Stern pins again?

#9943 8 years ago

I am pretty sure Automated is the largest Stern dealer ? As such not surprised if they get first crack , they have 200 sterns in their warehouse.

I have never bought from them, I had got the impression they were like an evil empire , bad pricing etc... But it seems like they are ok to deal with and may get things sooner ??

That said I'll be very surprised if LEs ship next week but I hope I am wrong!

#9944 8 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I ordered my LE from Automated and received no info on shipping yet. I think I will be giving them a call today.

Yes, give them a call. I got notification from them too.

#9945 8 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I am pretty sure Automated is the largest Stern dealer ? As such not surprised if they get first crack , they have 200 sterns in their warehouse.
I have never bought from them, I had got the impression they were like an evil empire , bad pricing etc... But it seems like they are ok to deal with and may get things sooner ??

For used stuff I steer clear. They tend to mash games together to create a working pin.

New they're great. They'll charge $200-300 more, but if you're in driving range, they'll deliver I stock pins in 2 days.

#9946 8 years ago

I just heard from my distributor ( I emailed them yesterday) said they should have some pros next week and LE soon after

#9947 8 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

I just heard from my distributor ( I emailed them yesterday) said they should have some pros next week and LE soon after

getting pumped over here!

#9948 8 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I believe Tilt Amusements is #1 Stern distro.

#9949 8 years ago

Anyone know how many games they are able to make in a day now? I wonder how long it would take to make 500 LEs...

#9950 8 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Anyone know how many games they are able to make in a day now? I wonder how long it would take to make 500 LEs...

My distributor has said two weeks from start to finish for the LE run. Once they start it's quick production.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 199 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/199?hl=swampy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.