IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 198 of 360.
#9851 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

KPG, your distributor says there are delays to the LE and premium mechanics not working as expected, pushing the release past July? Uh oh get ready for the rumors and hysteria! I wonder what part they are having trouble with, any idea...Is it the magnet slings?
I'm sure they'll sort it out!

Oh man here we go get ready for Mass Hysteria! No LE in till July now

#9852 8 years ago

Here is my newest GB mod.
Would appreciate critiques.

#9854 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

KPG, your distributor says there are delays to the LE and premium mechanics not working as expected, pushing the release past July? Uh oh get ready for the rumors and hysteria! I wonder what part they are having trouble with, any idea...Is it the magnet slings?

Don't wanna rumor-monger...but if the magnet slings end up not working well during gameplay testing, would any of us really mind if the Prem/LE had regular slings? I wouldn't, honestly...there's more than enough cool stuff going on in the game. Maybe add the streams back in instead? Include a shaker on the Prem?

#9855 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Don't wanna rumor-monger...but if the magnet slings end up not working well during gameplay testing, would any of us really mind if the Prem/LE had regular slings? I wouldn't, honestly...there's more than enough cool stuff going on in the game. Maybe add the streams back in instead? Include a shaker on the Prem?

Yeah, if they truly didn't work, of course.

#9856 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Standard slings but put a magnet like "The Power" under the play field and call it a day.

PS: Sorry Premiums but no shaker for you!

#9857 8 years ago

I hope these rumors are not true I'm looking forward to the mag slings but I have a feeling if there is a problem it's not the mag slings

#9858 8 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Here is my newest GB mod.
Would appreciate critiques.
» YouTube video

It looks like complete and utter shit. Cheap as hell, rookie as hell, and overall quite embaressing.

Should sell great here

#9859 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It looks like complete and utter shit. Cheap as hell, rookie as hell, and overall quite embaressing.
Should sell great here

Don't forget that it can be made interactive.

#9860 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Should sell great here

Heyooooooooo !

#9861 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Bet it's that moving Slimer mech

#9862 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's enough to make me think about canceling. Prob would not but I would think about it

#9863 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I doubt its that. They have been testing the magnetic slings for a while. The delay could simply be related to a parts shortage or a batch of parts not passing quality review.

I'm surprised there's this much "the sky is falling" speculation regarding the magnetic slings and now the premium / LE Slimer mech, lol. All rumors.

Stern has never pulled features from a game they announced / advertised and it won't start with Ghostbusters. These parts are tested long before a game is revealed. Example, the subway ramp was tested 300,000 times according to John T.

Ghostbusters premium / LE is Sterns most loaded game to date so if theres a delay to resolve any potential issue I'm cool with that.

Haste makes waste and I think the wait for the premium / LE will be well worth it.

#9864 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Stern has never pulled features from a game they announced / advertised and it won't start with Ghostbusters.

ST VUK on left saucer was supposed to do something else...that was modified after announcing to be just a regular feed to the wireform because of reliability. It happens. I don't think anyone would cancel their order if the magna slings didn't work and they went with standard slings. Everything else on the game would be fixable I'd guess.

#9865 8 years ago

Does anyone know how long it will most likely take for Cliffys to be made for GB? Is the consensus that a complete kit is a good idea for new pins played at home with moderate use?

#9866 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I would think the side to side movement would also be blocking the ramp shot as you play which would further increase the amount of blocked shots.

No, what I'm saying is that at least 95% of the time, you shoot "through" Slimer instead of having him stop the shot, so if he is moving side to side, unless the mech is different than the Pro, he actually won't be blocking the shot.

By the way, the BDK toy is one of my favorite in pinball. I wish that and the scoop / captive ball on IJ4 would make some sort of comeback someday... but Slimer isn't either of those, and he's pretty sweet in a wholly different way. If he was blocking shots on the Premium, I'd be more inclined to want a Pro.

#9867 8 years ago

My gut feeling is that if there's genuinely a problem with the way it runs, it'll be magnaslings during multiball. I hope there's no problem, no intention of changing my order though. There's no sense in doing so unless you had another game in mind and had to front up more than a small deposit.

#9868 8 years ago

GB pinball looks awesome

#9869 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Regarding the magnet slings, I know it has been beaten to death- but why couldn't they have just kept the traditional slingshots, and have some small magnets that "haunt" that area during a certain mode, similar to the witch in WOZ?

Space under the playfield is a major constraint there.

#9870 8 years ago

I find it amusing that these explanations for delays have all just sort of come out of the ether and now we've sort of accepted that there is some sort of sling problem.

As if the Stern factory hasn't had production delays going back several months now.

#9871 8 years ago

My distro said he expects the first pros in a week and the LE to follow two weeks later. Strange that it seems different info is floating around...

#9872 8 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

My distro said he expects the first pros in a week and the LE to follow two weeks later. Strange that it seems different info is floating around...

I was told directly by a distributor (today) that LEs would ship within 1-2 weeks.

#9873 8 years ago
Quoted from thelastjay:

I was told directly by a distributor (today) that LEs would ship within 1-2 weeks.

That matches mine pretty close. I was also told today....

#9874 8 years ago

Until I hear multiple reputable dealers say there is an actual delay it seems everyone is just fueling the rumor train. BTW I heard Stern finally caved in and is putting lcd in the premium le models at no additional charge sorry pro buyers

#9875 8 years ago
Quoted from thelastjay:

Mine told me last week that late April is on track for LEs. I'm paid up.

#9876 8 years ago
Quoted from thelastjay:

Are the LEs on the line yet?

#9877 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Are the LEs on the line yet?

I am thinking Stern will get a factory Facebook video out there when that happens...

#9878 8 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Does anyone know how long it will most likely take for Cliffys to be made for GB? Is the consensus that a complete kit is a good idea for new pins played at home with moderate use?

Everybody has a different opinion. I personally wont put cliffys on a game unless it is damaged. Its like putting plastic on new couches. I know people will disagree and thats fine. I have cliffys for most of my games buy none are installed. I just picked up a huo mustang premium and the first thing i did was remove the cliffy. I find the can nick up your balls and change game play. Out of the pops the ball would never roll into the mustang scoop took off the cliffy and now it does like it was designed at the factory.

But to each there own i have a HUO 2013 Metallica premium with no cliffys and the scoop and shooter lane still look great just keep it clean and new ohh shiny balls.

#9879 8 years ago

Up kicker from Star Trek was cancelled

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I doubt its that. They have been testing the magnetic slings for a while. The delay could simply be related to a parts shortage or a batch of parts not passing quality review.
I'm surprised there's this much "the sky is falling" speculation regarding the magnetic slings and now the premium / LE Slimer mech, lol. All rumors.
Stern has never pulled features from a game they announced / advertised and it won't start with Ghostbusters. These parts are tested long before a game is revealed. Example, the subway ramp was tested 300,000 times according to John T.
Ghostbusters premium / LE is Sterns most loaded game to date so if theres a delay to resolve any potential issue I'm cool with that.
Haste makes waste and I think the wait for the premium / LE will be well worth it.

#9880 8 years ago

someone with some art and programming skills needs to produce a Ecto Goggle mod for the pro using a transparent OLED display as you could see through the screen and show images

http://www.4dsystems.com.au/product/uTOLED_20_G2/

screen-capture-2_(resized).pngscreen-capture-2_(resized).png

#9881 8 years ago

Just got a call from my distro...LE's shipping next week or week following supposedly. Have to pony up my balance!

#9882 8 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Just got a call from my distro...LE's shipping next week or week following supposedly. Have to pony up my balance!

Pro's are still behind, so I'm guessing the LE's will be the following week..

#9883 8 years ago

Who is your distro? Why is there such mixed info out there... how could they be shipping next week or the week after when no one in the US has received their Pro yet?

#9884 8 years ago

Who did you buy from?

#9885 8 years ago

kpg, sent you a PM.

Pretty large distributor. I'm just relaying info I was told. I really hope this is accurate.

#9886 8 years ago

I'm happy to share my distro but just not sure of the forum etiquette of doing so. Is it okay to share this?

#9887 8 years ago

I'm happy to share my distro but just not sure of the forum etiquette of doing so. Is it okay to share this?

Not really

Doing some research from some "people I know" I've heard that the issue is in fact the MagnoSlings®™ and it's even worse than we dreaded. Seems a low level employee Turned them on without the dampening field (vinyl side art) being installed. Now the good news is the GB game is actually fine...BUT they did lose a bunch of time because the magnetic waves erased the KISS code that was supposed to drop. So it's sort of an all hands on deck fixing going on. So weird...but I knew that shit was going to get some bad juju going.

#9888 8 years ago

'Tis why I have not posted it. Let's just hope this is accurate info.

#9889 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Not really
Doing some research from some "people I know" I've heard that the issue is in fact the MagnoSlings®™ and it's even worse than we dreaded. Seems a low level employee Turned them on without the dampening field (vinyl side art) being installed. Now the good news is the GB game is actually fine...BUT they did lose a bunch of time because the magnetic waves erased the KISS code that was supposed to drop. So it's sort of an all hands on deck fixing going on. So weird...but I knew that shit was going to get some bad juju going.

This explains the odd compass readings I was getting the other day.

#9890 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Who is your distro? Why is there such mixed info out there... how could they be shipping next week or the week after when no one in the US has received their Pro yet?

spot on...it makes sense that if pros are not delivered yet then there is little chance on the LE coming out in April...seems like May since we are halfway through April. Not sure why all the speculation. Disti does not want to refund monies so like a contractor building a home, itll be done in2 weeks,,,right right

#9891 8 years ago

Just got the email on my game as well. Time to settle up, game starts shipping next week. I'm in on an LE, so we'll see. Thinking they mean the Pro, but hoping for the best.

#9892 8 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

Just got the email on my game as well. Time to settle up, game starts shipping next week. I'm in on an LE, so we'll see. Thinking they mean the Pro, but hoping for the best.

all ya gotta do and pick up your phone and call them to get a better idea...I am on for a premium so I am way out there, but if you really got a email and you don't know if he meant pro or LE, I would think you would want to find out. Hope is not a resolution or strategy. this just feeds into who is full of bs and who is not. I called my disti..they are not sure on dates at this point on my premium.

#9893 8 years ago

Really? I thought the sensitivity was around revealing what specific distributors are charging, not which distributor you're buying from. Unless you're saying it's not cool for him to reveal the specifics of communications from his distributor, which would seem like a pretty case-specific call depending on what the news is that was shared and what your relationship is with your distributor.

#9894 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Unless you're saying it's not cool for him to reveal the specifics of communications from his distributor, which would seem like a pretty case-specific call depending on what the news is that was shared and what your relationship is with your distributor.

Well he's giving a specific-ish date so I don't know...I don't recall many people posting such things but just trying to play it safe.

#9895 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well he's giving a specific-ish date so I don't know...I don't recall many people posting such things but just trying to play it safe.

Yeah, if the distributor viewed it as sensitive info he'd be risking getting more "insider updates" in the future. But I think Stern's pricing policies just apply to posting actual sale prices (and Pinside has reasonably extended that to buyers, who of course aren't actually covered by Stern's policies, to keep Stern and the distributors comfortable participating on Pinside).

#9896 8 years ago

I heard that production is going to be delayed because they are having a problem with Cats and Dogs living together.

#9897 8 years ago

I am still wondering why people are getting emails about needing to pay the balance on their LE's, yet my distro is in the dark and has no idea when they will be shipping.

I feel the problem here might be communication issues from Stern themselves, or distros are wanting to build up the bank accounts and see who is really going to come through and make the full purchase. That way if someone flakes out, they have enough time to sell their allotted LE's to other potential buyers with money ready to go. That's just me speculating though.

#9898 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

That way if someone flakes out, they have enough time to sell their allotted LE's to other potential buyers with money ready to go. That's just me speculating though.

Something tells me they wont have to try hard to sell them if someone backs out...

#9899 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Because people are lazy.. people stopped trying to correct people long ago. When people see projections on transparent mylar screens (like the famous concert where they projected tupak, or the stunts CNN pulls on their stage) people call them holograms too.. but they are nothing of the sort. Due to our society's laziness... hologram is now being used to label any life-like visualization where the display technology isn't seen.
It's like trying to correct grammar.. just pissing in the wind

This X1000, people are so lazy soon they will be calling pinball a sport.

#9900 8 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Everybody has a different opinion. I personally wont put cliffys on a game unless it is damaged. Its like putting plastic on new couches. I know people will disagree and thats fine. I have cliffys for most of my games buy none are installed. I just picked up a huo mustang premium and the first thing i did was remove the cliffy. I find the can nick up your balls and change game play. Out of the pops the ball would never roll into the mustang scoop took off the cliffy and now it does like it was designed at the factory.
But to each there own i have a HUO 2013 Metallica premium with no cliffys and the scoop and shooter lane still look great just keep it clean and new ohh shiny balls.

Thanks for the helpful info. On the one hand, I want to protect my $7000 toy (gulp!) when it comes. On the other hand, the idea of adding after-market metal stuff to the playfield (installed by a newbie, i.e., me) makes me queasy for the reasons you describe.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 198 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/198 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.