IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 197 of 360.
#9801 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

He gets hit.
He also doesn't exactly block shots. I liked how more than half of the shots to him continued on through where ever he was. That was one of the reasons that I feel the Pro might be the game for me - his moving side to side is less interesting to me if he doesn't block shots, but his movement up and down on the Pro (Which I assume will be the same on the Premium) was the real winner. I don't know if he needs to move side to side for me to be happy, his up and down is great.

yeah on the pro he is just hanging by a steel cable, so he flings around a lot. Even if he doesn't "block" shots from not making it, he is in the way and it will count as a hit on him, while continuing the path.

#9802 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

yeah on the pro he is just hanging by a steel cable, so he flings around a lot. Even if he doesn't "block" shots from not making it, he is in the way and it will count as a hit on him, while continuing the path.

Getting hit with a fast moving steel ball.....I wonder what he's gonna look like after a few thousand hits.

#9803 8 years ago

He's pretty much a pile of goo already

#9804 8 years ago

I posted this before and no one seemed to care but Ill post it again so you can read what Slimer is supposed to do. https://ghostbustersintern.com/2016/03/17/stern-pinball-ghostbusters-strategy-guide/

#9805 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

JT told us at TPF that Slimer on the Premium/LE will rest in the city/pops, and come out during his modes.
The Slimer toy is much more sophisticated on the Premium/LE.

Man the LE/Premium is loaded! This thing is going to kick ass.

#9806 8 years ago

The real question is what future mod will be installed where the odd bottom outlane posts are? I know but will never tell........

#9807 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Man the LE/Premium is loaded! This thing is going to kick ass.

When the gameplay video comes out, we'll really see what a huge difference there is between the Pro and Prem/LE models. Right now the Pro seems packed for a Pro, but I think we'll see that this is a big difference in what you get for the small difference in price of a Prem vs a Pro on this one. Not just better LED lights shows, but a very different playing experience.

#9808 8 years ago
Quoted from Allcastlegames:

The real question is what future mod will be installed where the odd bottom outlane posts are? I know but will never tell........

Just saying that makes me happy to know that a mod is coming for that area

Can you at least say if the mod is interactive or not with the game in terms of integrating with gameplay or just being stationary for looks?

Thanks!

#9809 8 years ago

All I can say is "it would be bad"

#9810 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

When the gameplay video comes out, we'll really see what a huge difference there is between the Pro and Prem/LE models. Right now the Pro seems packed for a Pro, but I think we'll see that this is a big difference in what you get for the small difference in price of a Prem vs a Pro on this one. Not just better LED lights shows, but a very different playing experience.

Easily. The premium / LE is Sterns most loaded game to date in my opinion. With most premiums you get a couple items, some more minor then others, added to the game over the pro and not all of them interact with the ball.

For Ghostbusters there are 4 big items, all of which are interactive, in the premium / LE. Theres the large metal subway ramp + intergrated physical ball lock with VUK, there are the magnetic slings, the Ecto Goggles toy and then the moving Slimer toy. All of those items are interactive. Like I said, Ghostbusters premium / LE is the most loaded game to date.

Factor in incredible artwork, an amazing / funny theme, proper licensing, original pinball vibe music fitting to the theme, a unique and fun layout and what appears to be a very deep mode based ruleset and theres potential for Ghostbusters to be a top 10 game.

#9811 8 years ago

I'm hoping slimer rotates and tilts, but from above the field it looks like it rotates only.
Also I'm only talking about the LE.

I know the pro tilts.

#9813 8 years ago

It's a reference to crossing the streams.

#9814 8 years ago

Nanny nanny boo boo. I know a secret and Ill never tell.

#9815 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

It's a reference to crossing the streams.

Way to keep those secrets under wraps . . .

#9816 8 years ago

15 seconds

#9817 8 years ago

It would be pretty awesome if stern had a special code for you, if you purchased the aftermarket cross the streams mod!

#9818 8 years ago

Are we still waiting to see the magnetic slings?

#9819 8 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Are we still waiting to see the magnetic slings?

Yep. The only reason I haven't ordered.

#9820 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I assume the GB's that were at MGC w/ marco were the ones from TPF? Looked brand new..... even after the weekend. I suppose they got over 1k plays a day as the line NEVER ended and it was played before opening and after.

exactly, as many shows these have seen with constant play, they easily have 4000 plays on them. Most of my machines i've brought to shows, had 2000+ plays after a weekend.

#9821 8 years ago

I will predict that this will be the #1 all time game. If it is 1/3 as good as all the hype my LE will stay in my collection for a very long time.

#9822 8 years ago

I predict there will be those who love the game and those who don't!
Personally, I can't wait to see the premium/LE models. I think Stern has hit this one out of the park. The consensus from casual to competitive players has been really positive. Pinball is alive and well; and Stern has delivered us some awesome titles.

#9823 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

When the gameplay video comes out, we'll really see what a huge difference there is between the Pro and Prem/LE models. [...] Not just better LED lights Shows [...].

They're identical. - Or, at least, the LE/ Premium won't have more Color changers then the Pro model. Maybe there'll be a flasher at the subway ramp or something like that, but no big differences.

#9824 8 years ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

I will predict that this will be the #1 all time game. If it is 1/3 as good as all the hype my LE will stay in my collection for a very long time.

Except the gameplay is linear so people may hate on it... Personally I am not so sure that would make a huge difference but I guess we will see.

#9825 8 years ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

I will predict that this will be the #1 all time game.

#9826 8 years ago
Quoted from Tseamans:

I'm hoping slimer rotates and tilts, but from above the field it looks like it rotates only.
Also I'm only talking about the LE.
I know the pro tilts.

Maybe that's the case. Instead of going up, it rotates over to the pops. Still, it opens the possibility of having multiple locations so it's more like the crane on BDK.

#9827 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Easily. The premium / LE is Sterns most loaded game to date in my opinion. With most premiums you get a couple items, some more minor then others, added to the game over the pro and not all of them interact with the ball.
For Ghostbusters there are 4 big items, all of which are interactive, in the premium / LE. Theres the large metal subway ramp + intergrated physical ball lock with VUK, there are the magnetic slings, the Ecto Goggles toy and then the moving Slimer toy. All of those items are interactive. Like I said, Ghostbusters premium / LE is the most loaded game to date.
Factor in incredible artwork, an amazing / funny theme, proper licensing, original pinball vibe music fitting to the theme, a unique and fun layout and what appears to be a very deep mode based ruleset and theres potential for Ghostbusters to be a top 10 game.

I think you forgot a second ramp. That's a definite add on.

#9828 8 years ago
Quoted from Allcastlegames:

All I can say is "it would be bad"

Does "it" look expensive?

#9829 8 years ago

Do you think Slimer will be invisible when not in play (i.e. hidden in the city)? I think that will be a neater effect than simply being lowered into the way of the ball.

Regarding the Ecto Goggles, I'd love to see a mode or two where the ghost leaves the magnifying glass, making it look like the ghost travels around and you are lucky when you capture a glimpse in the viewer (kind of like the movie 13 Ghosts). Some ideas:

1) The animation would have him leave out of the view of the goggles via the bottom of the glass... then the pin would have the flippers act goofy as planned (but as though it's the specific ghost and you can't see him), then have him return to the goggles flying upwards (and the flippers return to normal).

2) Have an roaming ghost you need to hit, so similar to the man overboard in WH20 or the super jackpot in Attack from Mars, have the target (ghost) cycle the lanes. The ghost would appear in the goggles, then leave the viewer - flying the right cycling clockwise, where he would become invisible and need to be hit in the flashing lane (perhaps the lane lights would all be white, except for the active lane flashing red), and when he flies back in the goggle lane from the left side, he becomes visible again before continuing to cycle right.

3) Some sort of ghost overload mode (a combination of both ideas above)... This might be more difficult to achieve, but have 10 ghosts you need to capture across the table. Ghosts would fly in and out of the goggles, so you would see different ones appear as you capture all 10. I'm thinking it would use more generic ghosts like the below...

ExtremeGhostbustersTitleSequence12_(resized).jpgExtremeGhostbustersTitleSequence12_(resized).jpg
CinemaGhost_(resized).pngCinemaGhost_(resized).png

#9830 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I assume the GB's that were at MGC w/ marco were the ones from TPF? Looked brand new..... even after the weekend. I suppose they got over 1k plays a day as the line NEVER ended and it was played before opening and after.

Those would be some really short games. Even on Saturday, 10 hours + 6 hours for the after party, 1000 games would mean games averaging less than a minute. With all the ball saves on that game, I don't think that's possible.

#9831 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Do you think Slimer will be invisible when not in play (i.e. hidden in the city)? I think that will be a neater effect than simply being lowered into the way of the ball.
Regarding the Ecto Goggles, I'd love to see a mode or two where the ghost leaves the magnifying glass, making it look like the ghost travels around and you are lucky when you capture a glimpse in the viewer (kind of like the movie 13 Ghosts). Some ideas:
1) The animation would have him leave out of the view of the goggles via the bottom of the glass... then the pin would have the flippers act goofy as planned (but as though it's the specific ghost and you can't see him), then have him return to the goggles flying upwards (and the flippers return to normal).
2) Have an roaming ghost you need to hit, so similar to the man overboard in WH20 or the super jackpot in Attack from Mars, have the target (ghost) cycle the lanes. The ghost would appear in the goggles, then leave the viewer - flying the right cycling clockwise, where he would become invisible and need to be hit in the flashing lane (perhaps the lane lights would all be white, except for the active lane flashing red), and when he flies back in the goggle lane from the left side, he becomes visible again before continuing to cycle right.
3) Some sort of ghost overload mode (a combination of both ideas above)... This might be more difficult to achieve, but have 10 ghosts you need to capture across the table. Ghosts would fly in and out of the goggles, so you would see different ones appear as you capture all 10. I'm thinking it would use more generic ghosts like the below...
ExtremeGhostbustersTitleSequence12_(resized).jpg
CinemaGhost_(resized).png

Yeah that would be cool but impossible to do. The original 13 Ghosts scared the crap out of me when I was a kid.

#9832 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah that would be cool but impossible to do. The original 13 Ghosts scared the crap out of me when I was a kid.

Idea 1 and 2 should likely be possible. For 1, just add an intro and exit animation before the slings go whacky. For 2, just add an animation when the lane light appears and disappears.

#9833 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Getting hit with a fast moving steel ball.....I wonder what he's gonna look like after a few thousand hits.

Probably like any other bash toy - Frank, Drac, Ringmaster, Trolls, Balrog, etc. etc.

#9834 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Idea 1 and 2 should likely be possible. For 1, just add an intro and exit animation before the slings go whacky. For 2, just add an animation when the lane light appears and disappears.

But how would you get the ghost OUT of the goggles? You need that for the effect.

#9835 8 years ago

Wouldn't it just be possible to animate the ghost moving downward, out of the lower frame?

#9836 8 years ago

Did I dream this or is this actually happening?

Someone is going to make the Public Library 3D Mold for those that didn't purchase the premium or the LE.

#9837 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

2) Have an roaming ghost you need to hit, so similar to the man overboard in WH20 or the super jackpot in Attack from Mars, have the target (ghost) cycle the lanes. The ghost would appear in the goggles, then leave the viewer red
3) Some sort of ghost overload mode (a combination of both ideas above)...

I really hope Stern will implement some cool stuff like this. I think for 2 they could have the goggles show the ghost get smaller and (poof) through the playfield as if he went below the playfield, and then the inserts start lighting the color the ghost was to show him traveling.

#9838 8 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Someone is going to make the Public Library 3D Mold for those that didn't purchase the premium or the LE.

It would have to be different from the Stern one cuz I'm sure they have a patent on the one they make and it would cover the plastic that's on the Pro and prob something else I can't think of now.

#9839 8 years ago

Here's something I just noticed in the Stern live stream gameplay video. At one point the right orbit shot is hit and the ball appears to stop under the firehouse. The beginning of a mode starts and the ball then comes out from under the firehouse. Is there a pop up peg or something under / near the firehouse toy to stop the ball?

#9840 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

That was one of the reasons that I feel the Pro might be the game for me - his moving side to side is less interesting to me if he doesn't block shots, but his movement up and down on the Pro (Which I assume will be the same on the Premium) was the real winner. I don't know if he needs to move side to side for me to be happy, his up and down is great.

I would think the side to side movement would also be blocking the ramp shot as you play which would further increase the amount of blocked shots.

#9841 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Here's something I just noticed in the Stern live stream gameplay video. At one point the right orbit shot is hit and the ball appears to stop under the firehouse. The beginning of a mode starts and the ball then comes out from under the firehouse. Is there a pop up peg or something under / near the firehouse toy to stop the ball?

Yes, there is a up post that can pop up. Like Metallica has near its pops

#9842 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Yes, there is a up post that can pop up. Like Metallica has near its pops

Awesome. Its really cool how they put the peg behind / under the firehouse toy to make the ball represent the Ecto-1 leaving the firehouse. Great attention to detail!

#9843 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yep the game also has two diverters back by the pop's and that post which is similar to congo which john t also designed

#9844 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yep the game also has two diverters back by the pop's and that post which is similar to congo which john t also designed

Sweet. Stern needs to take my money now for a premium! lol.

#9845 8 years ago

Dumb question, but what's the diverter? When I think diverter, I think of the ones in Shadow.

#9846 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Dumb question, but what's the diverter? When I think diverter, I think of the ones in Shadow.

Sure those are manual diverters you are using, regular ones are controlled by the game to move the ball to diff'rent areas.
Think of the ball lock diverter in AFM, it either goes in the lock or moves and goes in the ramp back to the flipper

#9847 8 years ago

So where exactly are these diverters?

#9849 8 years ago

KPG, your distributor says there are delays to the LE and premium mechanics not working as expected, pushing the release past July? Uh oh get ready for the rumors and hysteria! I wonder what part they are having trouble with, any idea...Is it the magnet slings?

I'm sure they'll sort it out!

#9850 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

KPG, so there are delays to the LE and premium mechanics not working as expected, pushing the release past July? Uh oh get ready for the rumors and hysteria! I wonder what part they are having trouble with, any idea...Is it the magnet slings?
I'm sure they'll sort it out!

I removed the post as I didn't want people bombarding their distributors.. but yeah it sucks.. hope he's wrong.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 49.95
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 103.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 197 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/197 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.