IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 196 of 360.
#9751 8 years ago

Exactly like Pin2K. The confusion here baffles me.

The image from the monitor in Pin2k doesn't hover above the glass, or appear in the plane of the glass. It appears below the glass.

#9752 8 years ago

The only question mark I have about the hologram is how well will it show up in well lit areas. I would assume the lower the ambient light the better.

#9753 8 years ago

The only way the Ecto goggles makes sense to me is.... The LCD is under the ecto goggles sign there projecting the image on the glass disc. The space the LCD is away from the disc is what makes the image to your eye look the same distance below the disc in the reflection. So therefor you wont see the ghost anywhere except looking through the glass disc and it will appear to be hovering below your glass (like the glass is the goggle that lets you see the ghost) This is how the peppers ghost effect always works. Same in RFM or even at Disney world.

#9754 8 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

For those of you who are confused, here is a quick sketch of how the Ecto Goggles work.
EG-4-13-16_(resized).jpg

Nice illustration! I added to it to make it even clearer as to what folks will be seeing.

EG-4-13-16_Edited_(resized).jpgEG-4-13-16_Edited_(resized).jpg

#9755 8 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Yes you are right I bet the ball keeps getting stuck in there we have to remove the glass every game !

There were reportedly 23 or so failures out of 300,000 attempts with the subway ramp. Not buying! I like my $7k- $8k games with just two plastic ramps that return directly to the flippers for maximum speed and no new unique and risky interactive toys / features. I much rather have a giant stationary bash toy on the playfield then any of these so called interactive toys on GB premium.

Also, please replace Ernie Hudson custom callouts with ones by the random voice actor that did The Walking Dead callouts.

Insert sarcasm

#9756 8 years ago

Ok, forgive me for being stupid here and if this is already obvious but it looks to me like there is nothing in the ring but that there is a square sheet of glass that you can barely see mounted behind it just above the PF. The black doorway apparatus projects the image down on that sheet of glass

#9757 8 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Nice illustration! I added to it to make it even clearer as to what folks will be seeing.

EG-4-13-16_Edited_(resized).jpg

Thats funny I just updated the drawing to reflect that. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/195#post-3092018 . Thanks !

#9758 8 years ago

Haha, nice! Only thing I would still change would be the line saying Ghost animation. People may end up thinking that the animation is to appear in that area. Still very helpful though for those not quite understanding it!

#9759 8 years ago

Wait. I'm confused.
There's no more Pac-Man ghost to capture through the ecto goggles lane but instead we have to catch the ghost of Pepper from Burgertime?

(J/K...I owned a SWE1 and fully understand what stern is doing and appreciate the creativity.)

#9760 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

All that i have to say about the hologram is that I have no clue why it's being called a hologram, that's a wholly different thing.

Because people are lazy.. people stopped trying to correct people long ago. When people see projections on transparent mylar screens (like the famous concert where they projected tupak, or the stunts CNN pulls on their stage) people call them holograms too.. but they are nothing of the sort. Due to our society's laziness... hologram is now being used to label any life-like visualization where the display technology isn't seen.

It's like trying to correct grammar.. just pissing in the wind

#9761 8 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

For those of you who are confused, here is a quick sketch of how the Ecto Goggles work.

EG-4-13-16_(resized).jpg

Nice graphic. Key word... 'perceived' location

The quality of the effect depends on how your brain tries to 'fix' what you see as manipulated by the implementation.

It will be interesting to see if they rely on darkening the area when its in use, etc.. and the intensity of the image itself.

I look forward to its use in the game.. I just know it's going to be another toy.. not the holy grail

#9762 8 years ago

How many pairs of goggles are included with the game?

#9763 8 years ago

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#9764 8 years ago

If Microsoft can name an entire new product Hololens, Stern can name a dollar sized image a hologram - MARKETING!!!!

So far from this thread I've learned magnets give you cancer and Gary Stern's laughing face will be revealed by playfield wear around the new slings within 3 months of owning an LE even if you don't play it. Ecto Goggles only work with prismatic laminated play field glass synced to 90hz shutter glasses while standing on a stool at an angle of 49.75 degrees above the game - only then will the 5ft high floating dingo ghost come out of the machine and eat your babies.

FFS, the amount of shit-waffling in this thread is beyond comprehension.

#9765 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm only interested in the goggles because it sounds completely uninteresting to me, like a child's toy, but people do seem excited.

So ze goggles, ze do nothing for you?

#9766 8 years ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

Nooooothing !

07-02_(resized).png07-02_(resized).png

#9767 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Most pinball toys are LITERALLY child's toys (action figures, etc) ...Ecto Goggles are fully animated "hologram" ghosts you can "hit" with the ball.

I don't count action figures as a pinball toy...I'd explain my point of view on it, but I don't think a month away is going to change 4 years of knowing everything.

Quoted from dos_reboot:

Not really...I get the jist of it, but a .5" little hologram (EDIT: or whatever the hell it is) probably isn't going to blow my mind. It could though. Probably be washed out by LEDs

#9768 8 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

There is no magic here.

That's crazy talk.

#9769 8 years ago

Thanks for all the clarification on the Ecto Goggles feature. I really thought Stern was going to include a real class 5 roaming vapor in the Premium machines, and not some projected animation. Damnit... cancelling order!

#9770 8 years ago
Quoted from kell:

That's crazy talk.

Ha! Yes ok, I'll retract that one. It's actually black oujia magic and I'm looking forward to it.

#9771 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Thanks for all the clarification on the Ecto Goggles feature. I really thought Stern was going to include a real class 5 roaming vapor in the Premium machines, and not some projected animation. Damnit... cancelling order!

Zombi Yheti is going to fart into each LE, so technically you are correct. Just never, and I mean never, under any circumstances remove the playfield glass. You will release the demon!

#9772 8 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Wait. I'm confused.
There's no more Pac-Man ghost to capture through the ecto goggles lane but instead we have to catch the ghost of Pepper from Burgertime?
(J/K...I owned a SWE1 and fully understand what stern is doing and appreciate the creativity.)

Im pretty sure it's Pepper Potts from IM, but you can only see her if you wear the ecto goggles while playing. Here is an image of the prototype I think.

Dennis2_(resized).jpgDennis2_(resized).jpg

#9773 8 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Zombi Yheti is going to fart into each LE, so technically you are correct. Just never, and I mean never, under any circumstances remove the playfield glass. You will release the demon!

As long as he doesn't get any human fecal matter on my machine I am all good ! hahah

Seriously, we are all delusional at this point waiting for our GB's to show up.

Topics of discussion:

1) Which version is better, uglier, or they don't like
2) Mag Slings
3) Mag Slings
4) Ecto Goggles
5) Mag Slings
6) Zombie Yeti farting inside machines

#9774 8 years ago

OK, Mag Slings and Ecto Googles debated to death. Time to move on to Slimer and how he will behave on the Premium/LE.

#9775 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

OK, Mag Slings and Ecto Googles debated to death. Time to move on to Slimer and how he will behave on the Premium/LE.

Slimer is the thing that worries me the most, but I haven't seen it work in person so I'm not overly worried. I just looks like a part that would be prone to problems, and it doesn't look that great in pics. But I haven't heard a shit ton of issues with it so maybe it's good to go.
What's the Prem do over pro...moving more locations?

#9776 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't count action figures as a pinball toy...I'd explain my point of view on it, but I don't think a month away is going to change 4 years of knowing everything.

How about explain it instead of insulting me. You called it a child's toy. I gave an example of things that are child's toys. I'm not sure I've ever seen a Pepper's Ghost toy for kids...maybe it exists, please let me know.

Quoted from TheLaw:

From what I understand he hovers over the City on the pops...then when he "floats" down, he can move to different locations. Not sure how many places he can move to, though...from different sources I've heard "2" and "4". On the Pro he just has a simple up/down movement.

#9777 8 years ago

May be the best topper for Ghostbusters Pinball. Signed by Dan Aykroyd @ Stern Pinball "Where is the pin"

IMG_4899_(resized).jpgIMG_4899_(resized).jpg

IMG_4902_(resized).jpgIMG_4902_(resized).jpg

#9778 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

How about explain it instead of insulting me. You called it a child's toy. I gave an example of things that are child's toys. I'm not sure I've ever seen a Pepper's Ghost toy for kids...maybe it exists, please let me know.

I'm not insulting you, I'm just commenting on the way you've acted for years.

http://www.amazon.com/Hallmark-Halloween-HGN5022-Genevieve-Ruffles/dp/B008MYT674

There's a pepper's ghost for kids? Not enough? usually isn't.

Quoted from Rarehero:

From what I understand he hovers over the City on the pops...then when he "floats" down, he can move to different locations. Not sure how many places he can move to, though...from different sources I've heard "2" and "4". On the Pro he just has a simple up/down movement.

Thanks, haven't really seen it yet...waiting till this bad boy gets delivered.

#9779 8 years ago

Can someone re-post the new picture of the Pro ramp ? It was posted around the time of the TPF and showed it out of the game. Might even be in a different thread. Anyway, there looks to be a mini-magnet on the Pro ramp just below the intersection of the right entrance to divert the ball into the ramp drop area to land in the storage facility scoop and score the "virtual lock".

#9780 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Slimer is the thing that worries me the most, but I haven't seen it work in person so I'm not overly worried. I just looks like a part that would be prone to problems, and it doesn't look that great in pics. But I haven't heard a shit ton of issues with it so maybe it's good to go.

worked great on the pro, going up/down. THe prem/le it will do that plus side to side. I almost thought he'd break in half from ball hits, but seems solid. Some light shots don't register, but most solid shots did at mgc. Should be awesome. I always tried to hit him but he'd be up when he was moving up/down on the pro.

#9781 8 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Can someone re-post the new picture of the Pro ramp ? It was posted around the time of the TPF and showed it out of the game. Might even be in a different thread. Anyway, there looks to be a mini-magnet on the Pro ramp just below the intersection of the right entrance to divert the ball into the ramp drop area to land in the storage facility scoop and score the "virtual lock".

I don't have the picture but that is correct. The ball lock is a magnet that sends the ball in to the back of the storage facility saucer for a virtual lock.

#9782 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

....Time to move on to Slimer and how he will behave on the Premium/LE.

and how will he looks like after a 1000 hits.

#9783 8 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

and how will he looks like after a 1000 hits.

I assume the GB's that were at MGC w/ marco were the ones from TPF? Looked brand new..... even after the weekend. I suppose they got over 1k plays a day as the line NEVER ended and it was played before opening and after.

#9785 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I assume the GB's that were at MGC w/ marco were the ones from TPF? Looked brand new..... even after the weekend. I suppose they got over 1k plays a day as the line NEVER ended and it was played before opening and after.

How on earth could a game be played 1,000 times in one day? Even at 1 min games, that would take almost 17 hours. Haha

#9786 8 years ago

Slimer is made of a vinyl/foam like material I suspect he will hold up well.

#9787 8 years ago
Quoted from halpain24:

I don't have the picture but that is correct. The ball lock is a magnet that sends the ball in to the back of the storage facility saucer for a virtual lock.

I think this has been changed to a divertor the push's the ball to the storage facilty.

#9788 8 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Slimer is made of a vinyl/foam like material I suspect he will hold up well.

Seems like a good idea.

#9789 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm glad the Slimer toy moves in multiple directions on the premium as those are the types of interactive toys I expect on a pinball machine that cost nearly $7k. The gumball machine on my TZ works fine after 20+ years so I'm certainly not worried about the moving Slimer toy breaking. Bring it on!

#9790 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How on earth could a game be played 1,000 times in one day? Even at 1 min games, that would take almost 17 hours. Haha

opps my bad. I think I heard some peoples games had 900 a weekend... :-p so 1000 in a weekend, possible hahhahaha....I'm a space case today.

#9791 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

worked great on the pro, going up/down. THe prem/le it will do that plus side to side. I almost thought he'd break in half from ball hits, but seems solid. Some light shots don't register, but most solid shots did at mgc. Should be awesome. I always tried to hit him but he'd be up when he was moving up/down on the pro.

I don't think he goes up and down, just side to side, I don't think he will come in contact with the ball at all.

#9792 8 years ago
Quoted from Tseamans:

I don't think he goes up and down, just side to side, I don't think he will come in contact with the ball at all.

I played the Pro at PAPA & can say for a fact that Slimer does indeed come in contact with the ball. Prem/LE Slimer will probably be similar with the added functionality of Slimer moving to 4 different shot positions.

#9793 8 years ago
Quoted from Tseamans:

Definitely looks like the ball is hitting him on all the gameplay video out there....

#9794 8 years ago

There is a pivot on the slimed arm on the pro. There is no pivot on the LE

#9795 8 years ago

Pro bottom, LE top

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#9796 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The gumball machine on my TZ works fine after 20+ years so I'm certainly not worried about the moving Slimer toy breaking.

My HP 11C calculator has been working problem free for the last 35 years, so I'm not worried about the Slimer toy breaking either...

#9797 8 years ago
Quoted from Tseamans:

Pro bottom, LE top
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

What are you trying to say? So the LE has a complicated mechanic under the PF allowing up/down (=forward/backward) and sideways movement (rotation) of the complete supporting arm while the Pro just has a simple pivoting mechanic. I don't think that's news.

#9798 8 years ago

JT told us at TPF that Slimer on the Premium/LE will rest in the city/pops, and come out during his modes.

The Slimer toy is much more sophisticated on the Premium/LE.

#9799 8 years ago
Quoted from Tseamans:

He is supposed to block shots.... He gets hit on the pro, not sure why he wouldn't on the prem/le.

Says he is interactive on the flyer and matrix. For both pro and le/prem

Screen_Shot_2016-04-13_at_4.08.09_PM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-04-13_at_4.08.09_PM_(resized).png

#9800 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

He is supposed to block shots.... He gets hit on the pro, not sure why he wouldn't on the prem/le.
Says he is interactive on the flyer and matrix. For both pro and le/prem

He gets hit.

He also doesn't exactly block shots. I liked how more than half of the shots to him continued on through where ever he was. That was one of the reasons that I feel the Pro might be the game for me - his moving side to side is less interesting to me if he doesn't block shots, but his movement up and down on the Pro (Which I assume will be the same on the Premium) was the real winner. I don't know if he needs to move side to side for me to be happy, his up and down is great.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 196 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/196?hl=manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.