• Premium 424 votes
    45%
  • LE 213 votes
    23%
  • Only if they offer one with the female Ghostbusetrs. 97 votes
    10%

(940 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,803 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pic7 (resized).jpg
pic5 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170602_135331 (resized).jpg
flipper alignment 3 (resized).jpg
gb flipper alignment (resized).jpg
image2 (resized).JPG
IMGA0088 (resized).JPG
IMGA0087 (resized).JPG
terrordogs (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 17975 posts in this topic. You are on page 194 of 360.
#9651 3 years ago

Here's me checking this thread hoping for gameplay video of the Premium or LE model.. c'mon Stern! This is taking too long

553a98434aa21808310057d3_(resized).jpg

#9652 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Here's me checking this thread hoping for gameplay video of the Premium or LE model.. c'mon Stern! This is taking too long

Oh keep your skin on, it will come.

#9654 3 years ago

So it really might be till July for LE? Probably means June before we see gameplay

#9655 3 years ago

Jack Danger said it (premium) would be streamed in the coming weeks. Not days. So take that for what it's worth.

#9656 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Jack Danger said it (premium) would be streamed in the coming weeks. Not days. So take that for what it's worth.

Where and when did he say this?

#9657 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I think it has already been coming weeks he may have meant coming months

#9658 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Where and when did he say this?

On his stream a few days ago. He was playing World Cup Soccer. Not sure if all streams are archived...

#9659 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

On his stream a few days ago. He was playing World Cup Soccer. Not sure if all streams are archived...

He initially said a few weeks during the reveal of the pro about three weeks ago

#9660 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Ok. It was Friday 4/8. There is an archive. I asked him when he was streaming the LE. He said it would be the premium in the coming weeks. But not next (this) week.

#9661 3 years ago

Stern raised the prices to match JJP, now they want to make you wait 3 years to get your game like JJP.

#9662 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Stern raised the prices to match JJP, now they want to make you wait 3 years to get your game like JJP.

Ha...they just raised them for GB I hear.

#9663 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ha...they just raised them for GB I hear.

Yea, they are up there...........................

High_(resized).jpg

#9664 3 years ago

GB LE is 1K less than GOT LE here in NZ

#9665 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

GB LE is 1K less than GOT LE here in NZ

Well obviously...NZ is below the equator so The Magnoslings®™ repel instead of attracting the pinball.

Total shitshow I've heard.

#9666 3 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

The wait is slow for every game right now, not just Ghostbusters. Stern is literally months behind on some orders. I know people who have been waiting over two months for a Game of Thrones, others have been waiting a very long time for Star Trek or Metallica. Spider-Man is behind. Stern has a lot of games on the line and there are just tons of orders in.

Don't forget about half the factory being filled with mmr. Waiting for parts. That's a mess in sure stern won't do again.

#9667 3 years ago

Stern's factory is full of work
Happy for them

#9668 3 years ago

I'm hearing that GB pros (minus some for the launch parties) have been pushed back to the end of May and the LE's will be middle to end of June.

#9669 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

thanks

#9670 3 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Don't forget about half the factory being filled with mmr. Waiting for parts. That's a mess in sure stern won't do again.

MMR has been a disaster in as many (or more) ways than it's been a success. I'm glad that it happened and that people are getting their machines, but the process has been slow and painful.

#9671 3 years ago

I seem to remember posts that Stern was having trouble with their playfield supplier keeping up with the increased demand. Then there were posts that Stern was considering bringing playfield production in house.

Is there any validity to either of these playfield supply issues?

#9672 3 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I seem to remember posts that Stern was having trouble with their playfield supplier keeping up with the increased demand. Then there were posts that Stern was considering bringing playfield production in house.
Is there any validity to either of these playfield supply issues?

I have heard both of those things, but don't know if it was every fully verified.

#9673 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Just interested to know with all this magnetic sling concerns with playfield wear. How many games do you think these Shadow, LAH, AF or any other sited/container pins would have had in their life to cause such playfield wear etc? Now I don't think I have that much time left on this planet to rack up that many plays on 'my home use only'' to get close to worry about playfield wear caused by magnets.
If I need to be concerned, then maybe I better sell my sea side home before global warming washes it away. The bloody real estate agent should have warned me about this I guess.
Less scare mongering and more patience and lets see what gives.

Shadow, Golden Eye and such are not the same system. When you have a ball in the exact same spot every time, going the exact same direction and running constantly in the same spot, it's going to drag the shit out of the ball and gouge the playfield. Magnetic slings will work similar to the magnetic flippers on TZ. How often have you have seen wear on a mini TZ field? Never. I've never seen it, and have been restoring playfields for 10 years. Wear will not be an issue.

#9674 3 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I'm hearing that GB pros (minus some for the launch parties) have been pushed back to the end of May and the LE's will be middle to end of June.

yep, thats the word. Was surprised to hear end of May on the pros.

#9675 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Ware will not be an issue.

what about wear?

#9677 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Shadow, Golden Eye and such are not the same system. When you have a ball in the exact same spot every time, going the exact same direction and running constantly in the same spot, it's going to drag the shit out of the ball and gouge the playfield. Magnetic slings will work similar to the magnetic flippers on TZ. How often have you have seen wear on a mini TZ field? Never. I've never seen it, and have been restoring playfields for 10 years. Ware will not be an issue.

We'll see. TZ mini PF isn't active that much. Slings are VERY active all the time. I'm not saying there will be a problem, but GB magnets will be insanely active compared to TZ. The witch magnets on WOZ may be the closest to compare to (but even those won't activate as frequent as the slings on GB will). I haven't heard of any wear from those on WOZ, but it's pretty early in its life too. Time will tell.

#9678 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Shadow, Golden Eye and such are not the same system. When you have a ball in the exact same spot every time, going the exact same direction and running constantly in the same spot, it's going to drag the shit out of the ball and gouge the playfield. Magnetic slings will work similar to the magnetic flippers on TZ. How often have you have seen wear on a mini TZ field? Never. I've never seen it, and have been restoring playfields for 10 years. Ware will not be an issue.

Thank you, my same sentiments. Hope this puts to bed the concerns for at least until a few hundred games have been played an something shows up

#9679 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

We'll see. TZ mini PF isn't active that much. Slings are VERY active all the time. I'm not saying there will be a problem, but GB magnets will be insanely active compared to TZ. The witch magnets on WOZ may be the closest to compare to (but even those won't activate as frequent as the slings on GB will). I haven't heard of any wear from those on WOZ, but it's pretty early in its life too. Time will tell.

Wear used to be common on sling areas for old fashioned regular slings...they used to put those little half-moon mylars there to prevent it. Hasn't really seemed to be a problem on newer games. Wood wear from magnets seems to be common on games that hold the ball and pull it down, like Shadow & Goldeneye...but not on more "random" use like Addams and GnR. So...based on that, I think this game will be OK. If you're worried, put down some sling mylar and you're probably good to go.

#9680 3 years ago

I put a BUNCH of games on a Ghostbusters Pro this past weekend at PAP19, and I was totally blown away. This will sound a little corny, but it really feels like, "The Spirit of Pinball" to me. It's Bright, fun, tough, and nostalgic in all the right ways. The whole package just... works. I think it's going to be a HUGE title for Stern. There wasn't a single person I talked to who wasn't impressed with it, and that includes many Top tournament players. It really is something special.

Code is actually REALLY good already, and you can see where it's going. There is a ton to do, and the game is stunning. I can't wait to see the magna slings, and the right side ramp, and holo-toy.

Simply put, this pin is incredibly impressive. I feel quite happy for John Trudeau, it feels like he has a long overdue "hit" on his hands with this one.

#9681 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Maybe its your computer. I mean, how out of date is that if you still have a wired K/M lol. Got Ram?!?!?! Possibly buffering!

#9682 3 years ago

Okay, fast forward to July, here's what's going to happen (IMO).

-The magnet slings will have proven themselves able to replicate a normal sling quite well, we'll wonder what everyone was worried about. They will activate when the rubber is pressed, and impact on multiballs will be negligible. Tricks will be fairly cool, but limited.

-Stern will either ship the game with mylars OR they won't and we'll all be put mylars anyway, everyone will be scared of "what if", and be looking for that peace of mind. Any machines without mylars will fare quite well, ones on route might start showing wear in a few years. We'll all be patting ourselves on the back for being cautious.

-The Ecto goggles are going to be one of the coolest features, barely talked about now, but will really 'bring the machine to life'... giving it an energy and making it more dynamic. We'll be lobbying Stern to add in additional ghosts from the movie and 'generic ghosts' from the movie in code updates.

-Everyone will have gone overboard with toppers, making the top of their machine look like some sort of half-assed Ghostbusters garage sale table.

-All models will fare quite well, and everyone will be pleased. LE's will jump in price, Premiums will be great value vs the LE's, and the Pro's deliver ample gameplay, with fun gameplay and features for the baseline model.

-Pros will start arriving at select locations before the end of April, trickling out.

#9683 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

-The Ecto goggles are going to be one of the coolest features, barely talked about now, but will really 'bring the machine to life'... giving it an energy and making it more dynamic.

-Everyone will have gone overboard with toppers, making the top of their machine look like some sort of half-assed Ghostbusters garage sale table.

-Pros will start arriving at select locations before the end of April, trickling out.

I'm only interested in the goggles because it sounds completely uninteresting to me, like a child's toy, but people do seem excited.

No doubt on the toppers...this will be the most embarassing owner pics yet

I hope you're right on that...I'd like mine in April please

#9684 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm only interested in the goggles because it sounds completely uninteresting to me, like a child's toy, but people do seem excited.

Most pinball toys are LITERALLY child's toys (action figures, etc) ...Ecto Goggles are fully animated "hologram" ghosts you can "hit" with the ball.

#9685 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

-The Ecto goggles are going to be one of the coolest features, barely talked about now, but will really 'bring the machine to life'

Isn't this like a silver dollar sized image we are going to see? While I really like the idea and can't wait to see it in action, I am struggling to see such a tiny animation bring the whole machine to life. If anything ZY already did that.

#9686 3 years ago

Lets hear more about the game played at PAPA...

we have nearly a week of play on the games from top players and all people are talking about are magnet slings still. Talk about the actual game people are playing!

Like what's up with the really wacked scoring some of the players racked up.. or how it played or held up.

#9687 3 years ago
Quoted from CobraClutch:

Isn't this like a silver dollar sized image we are going to see? While I really like the idea and can't wait to see it in action, I am struggling to see such a tiny animation bring the whole machine to life. If anything ZY already did that.

Good point

It disappointing the hologram is so F'n small

#9688 3 years ago

image_(resized).jpeg

#9689 3 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

image_(resized).jpeg

So will the hologram hover above the circle or below it? It could be bigger or more prevalent if it hovers above. Adds more spooky to it

#9690 3 years ago

Never though about it just assumed it would be below but not sure.

#9691 3 years ago

I played the Pro at MGC. After my three games with the Pro, my short impressions are that I love it, and that I greatly doubt I'll end up liking the Premium more. Some of the "tricks" they did for the Pro to save real estate I like the right ramp and the ball lock from that ramp so much that I doubt I'll like the Premium features more... But I'm willing to wait and find out!

#9692 3 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

So will the hologram hover above the circle or below it? It could be bigger or more prevalent if it hovers above. Adds more spooky to it

It's below. One of the images on IGN had a mock up of the hologram below the circle. Interesting to see the CAT5 cable on that close up of the hologram assembly.

#9693 3 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

Whoops. I guess the bottom. That's way better.

#9694 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Good point
It disappointing the hologram is so F'n small

Disappointing? It's just a hologram for one shot, not the whole game like pinball2000. Also one of the images when the game was announced had a mock up of the hologram.

#9695 3 years ago

Now, when you guys say "hover", you do realize its just projected ON that circular lens, right?

#9696 3 years ago

You have to look through the glass to see the ghost image, imagine Pinball 2000 on a smaller scale

So it will appear that the image is 3D below the glass when looking through it

#9697 3 years ago
Quoted from CobraClutch:

Now, when you guys say "hover", you do realize its just projected ON that circular lens, right?

Nope. It's below. At least the projected image is.

#9698 3 years ago

I don't know how you think TZ magnet flippers are activated less than a sling, if you think about it, a sling is only activated for a split second and the ball is out of there, passed to the other sling. Magnet flippers are only pulsed when you press the flipper button, but if your in multiball with balls in the upper playfield, you are constantly pulsing, as fast as you can push the flipper buttons sometimes, with what's going on by your flippers and whats' going on in the upper playfield. Slings would only have multiples that fast if you were in multiball. And even if, the balls are always going to be moving different directions.

I enjoyed the pro at MGC as well. Pro is very full and it's definitely one of the games you can get away with the pro over Premium version. Very few stern games, that a premium is almost a must.

#9699 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Nope. It's below.

I thought it was projected down onto that lens to appear as if its below it. Right?

#9700 3 years ago
Quoted from CobraClutch:

I thought it was projected down onto that lens to appear as if its below it. Right?

Yep. Edited my post to reflect that. Ha.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Shawnee, KS
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, NY
There are 17975 posts in this topic. You are on page 194 of 360.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside