IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 190 of 360.
#9451 8 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I put about 40 games on the pro and I like it a lot. That machine will be great for folks that want to stick in that price range. It will be another one of those great pros. Like most, I am still waiting to see how the premium plays, got to spend quite a bit of time looking at it. Reports the magna slings work really well, along with the ecto goggles.

Wait so u have seen the premium???!!??

#9452 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

How is the code? I know it's probably early version, but did it have strong foundation?
What type game would it's code be similar to?
PotC
ST
SM
Tspp
Other?

I think the foundation is solid, was able to get to all the modes that I could recognize on the playfield. The light show was great, beautiful machine. I can't relate to what the code is like to another game, I'm not good at that. Very cool to get the Slimer to activate in the beginning of the game, then you gotta work for it.

#9453 8 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Wait so u have seen the premium???!!??

Yeah, but we all gotta wait for the gameplay video. It will be worth it, I know it's tough to wait.

#9454 8 years ago

Premiums are all sold out.

#9455 8 years ago

Not really.
Curious though how many premiums will be made.

#9456 8 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Not really.
Curious though how many premiums will be made.

As many as they can sell until the license runs out. And if demand they will renew the license and keep running them.

#9457 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They've sorted out the GOT issues?

I feel like they've just got TWD in a really good place... GOT?

"Still needs some time in the oven"

#9458 8 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Premiums are all sold out.

You mean the LE are all sold out... ?

#9459 8 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Reports the magna slings work really well, along with the ecto goggles.

That's great news

#9460 8 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I think the foundation is solid, was able to get to all the modes that I could recognize on the playfield. The light show was great, beautiful machine. I can't relate to what the code is like to another game, I'm not good at that. Very cool to get the Slimer to activate in the beginning of the game, then you gotta work for it.

Were there any Jackpots or just Super Jackpots

What were the modes like, were they all hit ramps before time runs out, or was there some originality?

Did you get to either of the wizard modes?

#9461 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Were there any Jackpots or just Super Jackpots
What were the modes like, were they all hit ramps before time runs out, or was there some originality?
Did you get to either of the wizard modes?

I can tell you the entire plot for the new Batman movie? Slow down

#9462 8 years ago

It's always fun when I disappear from pinball for 6 months or a year(got married and such) and come back to all of the fun new stuff! I was always a big Ghostbusters fan, this might be an excuse to liquidate my collection and get a premium. I'm looking forward to seeing the mag slings in person.

I've barely touched my poor T2 and FT lately!

#9463 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#9464 8 years ago

That'd be me blocking Dan Ackroyd's face

#9466 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

image_(resized).jpeg

Where was this at?

#9467 8 years ago

At MGC, there was a Q&A with (right to left) John Trudeau, Zombie Yeti, and Dwight Sullivan.

#9468 8 years ago
Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

Did anyone else notice the cutouts at the bottom of the outlanes have made it to the production playfields?
The ones that had "plugs" in them on the pre-production tables.
Hopefully the "proton streams" planned might make it as a mod?
Just wondering why else they would still be there...

This was addressed at the Q&A today. My understanding of the answer is that there was something planned, but it couldn't work within the budget. There may indeed be a future mod if the cost can be brought down to a reasonable number.

Anybody else who was there, please feel free to correct me or add detail.

#9469 8 years ago
Quoted from LarryMac:

This was addressed at the Q&A today. My understanding of the answer is that there was something planned, but it couldn't work within the budget. There may indeed be a future mod if the cost can be brought down to a reasonable number.
Anybody else who was there, please feel free to correct me or add detail.

I have to admit, if that's the reason, that's kind of lame. If this feature couldn't make it to production, and may not even come out as a mod- why leave it looking unfinished then? That's kind of strange to me.

#9470 8 years ago

Glad to see ZombieYeti out there so much enjoying the release of his game. After Jpop had him working in the shadows for years only to see all that work go down the toilet.

#9471 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Glad to see ZombieYeti out there so much enjoying the release of his game. After Jpop had him working in the shadows for years only to see all that work go down the toilet.

The cream will rise to the top, ooh yeah!

~Macho Man Randy Savage

#9472 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I have to admit, if that's the reason, that's kind of lame. If this feature couldn't make it to production, and may not even come out as a mod- why leave it looking unfinished then? That's kind of strange to me.

Because at a certain point in production you just gotta go with what you have or you'll never make deadlines. Its better to have the holes there and never use them then to not have them and need them.

#9473 8 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Because at a certain point in production you just gotta go with what you have or you'll never make deadlines

Especially when things start leaking . . .

#9474 8 years ago

I've gotta say, I'm getting tired of plunging a ball into 3 gates then have it go into the pops. Can we please kill this element in pinball? It's just a waste of real estate at this point.

#9475 8 years ago

You can see what was planned for the outer lane holes in this CAD picture

#9476 8 years ago

Looks likes it was going to be proton packs firing. Wonder if they were going to rotate over the play field like to hit slimer or just light up.

#9477 8 years ago

Would be an awesome mod. Some 3rd party should develop in partnership with Stern if Stern isn't going to.

#9478 8 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Would be an awesome mod. Some 3rd party should develop in partnership with Stern if Stern isn't going to.

Pretty sure its already happening. I believe Mezel has said he is working with Stern on it.

#9479 8 years ago

Mod would be cool but really the only thing they need to do to make the area look good is replace the clear plastic with a black one. Just so you don't see what's below it.
I'm thinking a stack of plastic neon and smoked.
I got to play the crap out of it last night. The sounds are awesome. Nice transitions from different music tracks. Definitely feels like a finished game. Of course I put a really nice score on one of them.
I got the reversed flipper happen during multiball. It was great and I forced myself to leave my hands on the correct sir of the cab. Nice little FU the ghosts gave me.
Fortytwo (EDO)

#9480 8 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

I've gotta say, I'm getting tired of plunging a ball into 3 gates then have it go into the pops. Can we please kill this element in pinball? It's just a waste of real estate at this point.

The point of this is to give each ball some randomness of where and when it falls on the flippers.

#9481 8 years ago

If u don't want to go to the pops I think a full plunge should come out the left orbit.

#9482 8 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

If u don't want to go to the pops I think a full plunge should come out the left orbit.

This is true.

#9483 8 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Mod would be cool but really the only thing they need to do to make the area look good is replace the clear plastic with a black one. Just so you don't see what's below it.
I'm thinking a stack of plastic neon and smoked.
I got to play the crap out of it last night. The sounds are awesome. Nice transitions from different music tracks. Definitely feels like a finished game. Of course I put a really nice score on one of them.
I got the reversed flipper happen during multiball. It was great and I forced myself to leave my hands on the correct sir of the cab. Nice little FU the ghosts gave me.
Fortytwo (EDO)

image_(resized).jpeg

Didn't realize GB had a reverse-flipper mode...awesome!

#9484 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Didn't realize GB had a reverse-flipper mode...awesome!

I hope you can deactivate. These are annoying.

#9485 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I'd probably want to deactivate as well- that would piss off most casual players who come over and want to play. Now, if they could do weak and no-hold flippers like WOZ does when the witch "curses" them, that would be cool.

#9486 8 years ago

Sling Shlonged while being reverse flipped

#9487 8 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Pretty sure its already happening. I believe Mezel has said he is working with Stern on it.

that wouldn't be hard to do, i'm sure tim was already thinking of something.

#9488 8 years ago

The reverse flip is during mass hysteria right?

#9489 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I hope they are really rare like on TSPP and WOZ. The novelty will wear off if they happen too frequently.

#9491 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I hope they are really rare like on TSPP and WOZ. The novelty will wear off if they happen too frequently.

Exactly, and it would be a shame for one of the Multiballs to be wasted by having this feature.

#9492 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

It's going to be during the "easily attainable" mass hysteria multiball (100 ghosts) mode,
so it will be seen often by players with some skill.

Add to that being sling shlonged at the same time by the magnetic slings and you have a real cluster flip.

#9493 8 years ago

What do you mean by sling shonged?

#9494 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Can't stand that "feature"

#9495 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What do you mean by sling shonged?

But this game has multiball. So here we go...
If the slings are active 100% of the time (required to do their core function), they will impact multiball significantly.
When ANY ball hits EITHER sling, ALL BALLS near the magnets will be thrown in the direction of the "pulse(s)".
That means, balls NOT contacting the slings, NEAR the magnet, will be as if they did hit the sling.
Even if you wanted to use code to turn off the slings during multiball, that would make the slings "dead" plus, no magnet related functions would work at all.

#9496 8 years ago

Lol. That's got to go on that Steve Bowden pinball dictionary page.

#9497 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Lol. That's got to go on that Steve Bowden pinball dictionary page.

Got a link?

#9499 8 years ago

Submitted on Pinside link

Quoted from Propaganda:

Sling Shlonged
Where the slings throw your ball back and forth then into the outlane.

#9500 8 years ago

i'm curious how will the magnetized balls will react in the rest of the game?

no doubt, the balls will go wild near the slingshots (can we call it slingshots now?) without touching it.
not sure it's a good thing if you want control on the ball. let's say the ball is coming back down from the orbit passing right in front of the sling (like every other games), if it's on all the time or triggered because it's close to the the slings, bye bye ball.

just as curious as anybody else, can't wait to see how it will plays.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 190 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/190 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.