IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 360.
#901 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Shadow is the other McKellan movie. How could you forget that classic?
I can't name the Oldman movie pins. What are those? Batman, BSD, ?

Never saw TS

#903 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Both the Robocop and Total Recall remakes were perfectly fine as movies (and had great casts!) They just didn't need to exist.

What about the judge dredd remake? I really liked it!

#904 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well I've always wanted a MIB LE......they have a payment plan.

Mmmmm

#905 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

What's your opinion on John Carter and Lone Ranger?

i have a high tolerance for watching bad movies (meaning I can watch a lot and don't give up easy) heck I just watched 'The Canyons' go ahead I dare you to watch that movie.

But John Carter and Lone Rnager are two movies that I quit watching midway thru. I mean I was literally within an hour of finishing both and just were too bad to put in the extra time to finish.

I did like 'Total Recall' but didn't see RC yet.

Dredd was very good and better than the original IMO

#906 8 years ago

I wonder what kind of Minnesota group buy we could get, all of them delivered to a trucking company in MPLS and we show up and take our games home. How many can they fit in a 63ft rig.

#907 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

What about the Judge Dredd remake? I really liked it!

Yes great example. Not done well the first time, remake gets it right!

John Carter was good but took forever to get moving. Lone Ranger was a good movie trapped in an overly long one.

#908 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I know it's fun to make up conspiracy theories and all but let me try to set the record straight. I can't go into detail but I have no reason to lie to my friends at Pinside. Whoever decides to trust me can know the truth those that don't can keep living in fantasy land. This was an unauthorized leak not something done to steal attention from other projects.
Out of professional courtesy we took down material from a project that is not an official release or not yet complete. We have done this for other Pinball entities as well. These companies work hard to put out some awesome new machines for us. The last thing we need is for them to get in trouble for a leak of information from a project that is not an actual release title or has not received final approval from a license holder. We don't want to put a project or employees in jeopardy for a leak of info like this. Things like this happen and some material gets out but most of the time pinball fans do the right thing and do not post it for all to see. Please use some restraint and keep the photo that started all this off Pinside.

So you have just confirmed the game is legit... And coming.

#909 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Hahahahahahaha ha, he actually did

#910 8 years ago

As soon as Stern reuses the HH playfield like BarnStorm Games with GB art, I am out...hopefully the are more creative and skilled with the license than that...

#911 8 years ago

We try to keep a healthy relationship with all companies and are in direct contact with the good people at Stern, JJP, Spooky etc. Does this mean we're in bed with any one manufacturer? Hell no. I'm proud about Pinside being an independent forum. I take deleting of any content (especially at the request of a third party) VERY seriously and will only cooperate when I believe it is for the greater good of pinball or for the site.

As was the case here. I think The_Dude's explanation is spot on: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/18#post-2861280 - Removing leaked stuff is a professional courtesy which Pinside *sometimes* extends. I do not want Pinside to be a dump ground for disgruntled ex-employees, drama-seekers or anyone holding grudges against any one pinball manufacturer. Pinside is about enjoying pinball, not about damaging it. So naturally I don't want Pinside be the place for posting leaked content (stolen concept art) either. Please respect this request.

As for Jared. He deactivated his account for his own reasons, not something I'm gonna comment on except that there wasn't anyone from Pinside staff involved in that. He is welcome back on Pinside any time. Keep in mind that you can only re-activate your account 7 days after deactivating it. So Jared won't be able to come back or post before the 23rd. That's how it works and there is no way around it.

Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

There's no point in keeping this going but when they can produce the lost post #38 I would be MORE then happy to apologize to them

Finally then, post #38.... drumroll...

post 38.pngpost 38.png

...was a duplicate. We remove dupes all the time for obvious reasons, usually they're caused by bad connections or by a pesky bug which I am yet to fix.

#912 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I'm sure Stern is pissed about the leak (if they themselves didn't leak it) but they should also be relieved as its allowing some of us to move pinball funds over to this game. I was about to buy either a nice used game or a NIB Hobbit until GB was basically confirmed. Now I'll be waiting for the full reveal of Ghostbusters before making a final decision.

#913 8 years ago
Quoted from robin:

Removing leaked stuff is a professional courtesy which Pinside *sometimes* extends.

It seems pretty obvious to me that we were all (including you) pawned by one of these companies that you have extended a professional courtesy to.

I am not quite sure how the 'leaked' ghostbusters photo and its subsequent removal can mean anything but positive things for Stern.

With the previous Pat Lawlor game leak and now this, it appears most of the drama is coming directly from the sources own business and they are playing us all like the fool... I mean we are all talking about GB the past weekend, rather than TH and RZ. No real conspiracy, just how the system works nowadays.

#914 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It seems pretty obvious to me that we were all (including you) pawned by one of these companies that you have extended a professional courtesy to.
I am not quite sure how the 'leaked' ghostbusters photo and its subsequent removal can mean anything but positive things for Stern.
With the previous Pat Lawlor game leak and now this, it appears most of the drama is coming directly from the sources own business and they are playing us all like the fool... I mean we are all talking about GB the past weekend, rather than TH and RZ. No real conspiracy, just how the system works nowadays.

Now that makes sense........Especially when you consider they would be announced at roughly the same time. Stern hears when JJP will announce their third game, Stern drops the GB bomb to limit the damage.

#915 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I didn't read much of this thread and I by coincidence downloaded the translite picture from Sterns facebook page not even knowing it has been taken down again.

So, how can an official post by Stern on Sterns official facebook site be a "leak" in the first place???

#916 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yeah it's funny how the lone PR and Pinside voice for Stern "voluntarily" de-activated his account just days before the leak which means that Stern doesn't have to defend against it....is it dumb luck, great intuition, or was he really in on it? In any case it seems to have worked and I would give him a nice Holiday bonus!

#917 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

John Carter was good but took forever to get moving. Lone Ranger was a good movie trapped in an overly long one.

I'm a fan of the books John Carter, but I didn't really care for this one at all.

There is another movie Princess of Mars (starring Tracy Lords) can't recall if I liked it much but was better for me, low budget but not as drawn out.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1531911/

When I watched The Lone Ranger and there was the old Tonto and the flashbacks all I could think of was Why? (I don't even like that in 'The Titanic') but I kept thinking how easy and how much nicer it would have been without that and maybe cut it down to 105 minutes. But even the non flash backs were tedious. I couldn't stand the character of the Lone Ranger.

A better western with Jonny Depp was 'Dead Man'. Certainly not great but was a bit interesting.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112817/

#918 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

What was the Pat Lawlor game leak? Must have missed that one.

#919 8 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

yeah me too

#920 8 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

It's called dialed In
JJP trademarked the name earlier this year. It's got all kinds of cool crap that will make it the best or worst game ever

More info was posted but I will leave it at that

#921 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I wonder what kind of Minnesota group buy we could get, all of them delivered to a trucking company in MPLS and we show up and take our games home. How many can they fit in a 63ft rig.

If they release this at CES I'll try it. Not a huge fan of buying a game unplayed.... But I may have to move some things if this is awesome

#922 8 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

It's called dialed In
JJP trademarked the name earlier this year.

Is this the one that is like a cell phone theme or something?

#923 8 years ago
Quoted from robin:

Finally then, post #38.... drumroll...

**drops mic**

#924 8 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Is this the one that is like a cell phone theme or something?

It's possible that the game might call you on yours phone through an app you can download.... Tell you what shots to make.

I think it's robotics/future based but not clear from info 'leaked'

#925 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Well, for one, it could get them in big trouble with the licensor if the artwork was not final/approved.

#926 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Well, for one, it could get them in big trouble with the licensor if the artwork was not final/approved.

"We have dealt with the employee that inadvertantly leaked that photo accordingly and have taken measures to ensure this will not happen again"

Pretty standard course of action with these sort of things. You then also point out all of ther positive that came from this 'inadvertant' leak.

I woudl be surprised if there was any real issue with the licensor.

#927 8 years ago

All this conspiracy stuff is hilarious. It's pinball, not the JFK assassination.

What's telling is the folks that quickly jump on that bandwagon, especially those who accuse pinside moderators of being part of some imaginary and nefarious conspiracy. Jesus Christ, go play Tron.

#928 8 years ago

GHOSTBUSTERS could be great. Cant wait for it to release.

#929 8 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Dang, missed the GB leaked art. Any non pinside sources out there? Pm me

You missed nothing if you have any taste in art. Trust me.

Don't trust me? Okay...here it is:

<edited: You have been asked to keep the picture off Pinside a few posts above by two members of Pinside staff. Please follow those requests and don't provide a link to the material directly under such requests.>

#930 8 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

It's possible that the game might call you on yours phone through an app you can download.... Tell you what shots to make. '

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#931 8 years ago

I don't like the idea of a pinball calling your phone through an app. Too much overhead for the casual user. It's like gimmicky for the sake of gimmicks.

#932 8 years ago

I don't like the idea of a pinball calling your phone through an app. Too much overhead for the casual user. It's like gimmicky for the sake of gimmicks.

It's the future!!! JM update should do that

#933 8 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

I think they are referring to when it was learned that Pat would do game #3

#934 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

It's the future!!! JM update should do that

It's the future my ass, it just someone or some company telling us we NEED it so they can make some money. I for one am not gonna fall for that crap.

#935 8 years ago

Still waiting for the apology.....

#936 8 years ago

The person that posted it had 1 post. Also started talking about how horrible jack is etc.

Take it with a grain of salt.

#938 8 years ago

Hey moderators...

Start your own thread about moderating & stop going OT

#939 8 years ago

In before the lock.

#940 8 years ago

Just to bring this back to an art discussion thread (as all good Pinside threads should be), does anyone find the colours on this translite unusual? Lots of pink/mauve and teal. Not traditional pinball colours (if such a thing exists).

Might be a bit much if it's the same for the cabinet and PF.

Are these colours something to do with the comic?

gbblur.jpggbblur.jpg

(hope the image is now pinside safe???)

#941 8 years ago

Translite looks awesome, probably the best Stern has released to date (the real one, not the blurred out one ).

#942 8 years ago

The image I have saved from Aussie Arcade is pretty high resolution and the detail in the drawing is great. It's great Stern are trying something different.

#943 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just to bring this back to an art discussion thread (as all Pinside threads should be), does anyone find the colours on this translite unusual? Lots of pink/mauve and teal. Not traditional pinball colours (if such a thing exists).
Might be a bit much if it's the same for the cabinet and PF.
Are these colours something to do with the comic?
gbblur.jpg
(hope the image is now pinside safe???)

I almost thought I forgot to put my glasses on. LOL

#944 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The image I have saved from Aussie Arcade is pretty high resolution and the detail in the drawing is great. It's great Stern are trying something different.

It's much better than photoshopping but I'm afraid the internet has made these pinball artists a bit lazy.

TheRealGhostbustersPinballGame04.jpgTheRealGhostbustersPinballGame04.jpg

#945 8 years ago

I think it looks refreshing, like it very much. If the playfield is also like that... Could be awesome.

#946 8 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

It's much better than photoshopping but I'm afraid the internet has made these pinball artists a bit lazy.
TheRealGhostbustersPinballGame04.jpg

Ha, that composition is quite similar.

#947 8 years ago

I've been hoping since Avengers was released and I think it has been rumoured ever since that time as well. Do all the rumours point to a colour display for Ghostbusters? Will Stern be an unstoppable force once they go colour?

I was speculating that Ghostbusters could be their perfect storm until it was mentioned that Lyman wasn't doing the code. Can theme + original artwork + colour display just push this over the line and be a good game or will it be epic? Will we see John Trudeau shine with a much deserved good theme under his belt?

#948 8 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

The person that posted it had 1 post. Also started talking about how horrible jack is etc.
Take it with a grain of salt.

Also leaked were next few JJP licenses.

#949 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

In before the lock.

+1

#950 8 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Also leaked were next few JJP licenses.

What were they?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 103.00
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.