IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 189 of 360.
#9401 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

You'll want this for your LE translite....

549_9059262252_(resized).jpg

I think you should blow this picture up and use it as your translite!

stevie-wonder01_(resized).jpgstevie-wonder01_(resized).jpg

#9402 8 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

If that is sarcasm I agree with you.

Naw, I'm a less is more when it comes to 60 + blinking flashing inserts.

#9403 8 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Hate on slimer if u want but the real ghostbusters was a excellent show at least for the first few seasons had some very good story's.

Then you shouldn't mind that translite with the LE!

#9404 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I think you should blow this picture up and use it as your translite!
stevie-wonder01_(resized).jpg

I'll need those shades if I'm looking at a bright/puke green armor and legs!

#9405 8 years ago

Outlandish paint is in style right now so I get the Slime Green armor...it's completely hideous but that's what people like.

#9406 8 years ago

HATERS_(resized).jpgHATERS_(resized).jpg

#9407 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

HATERS_(resized).jpg

image1_(resized).jpgimage1_(resized).jpg

#9408 8 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

LE as well, although I do have to admit part of this is starting to lose it's luster. Not being impatient, or having buyer's remorse, but more a reality check. Yes, the game looks awesome, and yes, the Pro plays great, but I am pretty sure the reason we haven't seen the mag slings yet is because they are still trying to figure out the code and how to make them work in acceptable fashion. I'm not bashing the slings....I love new ideas, and I like the fact they are taking their time. Hopefully they will have some great code out of the box....but unless they are just the greatest thing since sliced bread, they will be a short-lived novelty we will refer to fondly (or not so fondly, depending on implementation) a few years from now. I guess we will all find out together, and I hope they hit this one out of the park, otherwise they will never be accepted by the pinball masses.....at least not until the code and hardware matures farther down the road. So for those of you that say you "settled" for a Pro....you just may be walking around with a massive grin when this is all over. Can't wait to find out.........lol
P.S. Please no-one who has purchased an LE, install those butt-ugly side rails that Stern released the other day. And if you do, no pictures.........lol They look nothing like the game design...........

John Trudeau stated in his interview a month back that they have the slings working pretty much like traditional slings already. They were the first "toy" they tested and made sure they would work before he went through with using them on this design. I see no correlation with the slings and the release of the Premium/LE play stern video. They will release a video of gameplay soon I am sure and the release of this video is "on schedule" as we speak. Now when the video release becomes "behind schedule" I think it would be more fair to speculate on the reason but that hasn't happened yet. Stern has stated on their FB page that the video will be released soon. Seems like a fair answer and I bet if it is longer then 2 weeks they would not have made that comment or they will feel some negative reinforcement from doing just that. With all the speculation and excitement that builds about the Premium/LE game I bet Stern will have a fantastic game that sales like crazy.

#9409 8 years ago

My guess is we'll see video of the premium/LE after the first big wave of pros start hitting homes. Trudeau even said himself at TPF that Sterns primary focus for the next few weeks would be finalizing any loose ends to get pro's out the door then they would be shifting attention back to the prem/LE.

#9410 8 years ago

Have pros started leaving the factory yet? Sounds like they're pretty close now!

#9411 8 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Have pros started leaving the factory yet? Sounds like they're pretty close now!

Stern did a live stream from the factory yesterday that showed lots more pro's on the line. We might start seeing some unboxing videos and pics next week.

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/10154075092744244/

#9412 8 years ago

I wish I could have gotten a LE but there is no way Im going to buy a Stern game without playing it. I had no idea it was going to be at the TPF but I pretty much played GB,KISS and TWD. I haven't been as excited about a pin since I got my first one. If Stern starts putting stuff like this out I will be selling my W/B games.

#9413 8 years ago

image1_(resized).jpg

I hope so, production is only limited to 500 LE's and they sold out in a day ! Not many people have the option anymore right? I personally feel the LE is the best representation of the movie, as Slimer is the most recognizable ghost and element of the movies and cartoons, and the sideart showcases the scene in which Slimer is at the hotel eating a bunch of crap. Its a bad ass illustration of one of the best moments in Ghostbusters 1, and the slime, is supposed to be nasty looking.. remember when Bill Murray was slimed? It fits the theme perfectly well, and the 24 hour sellout of the LE shows hardcore GB fans liked what they saw. I think the LE model is amazing or else I would have saved a couple bucks and bought a premium.

One thing is for sure, i'll be playing my LE months before you are playing your premium

#9414 8 years ago

There is no difference with Ghostbusters over any other recent Stern when it comes to the time between showing a Pro and a LE. Perfectly normal. Nothing to do with slings. Not sure why I have to keep repeating this.

Most likely because we don't believe you. lol And I didn't say it was being delayed. I said this was the reason we haven't seen the LE/Prem play.

#9415 8 years ago

"One thing is for sure, i'll be playing my LE months before you are playing your premium"

Bite me

#9416 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

John Trudeau stated in his interview a month back that they have the slings working pretty much like traditional slings already. They were the first "toy" they tested and made sure they would work before he went through with using them on this design. I see no correlation with the slings and the release of the Premium/LE play stern video. They will release a video of gameplay soon I am sure and the release of this video is "on schedule" as we speak. Now when the video release becomes "behind schedule" I think it would be more fair to speculate on the reason but that hasn't happened yet. Stern has stated on their FB page that the video will be released soon. Seems like a fair answer and I bet if it is longer then 2 weeks they would not have made that comment or they will feel some negative reinforcement from doing just that. With all the speculation and excitement that builds about the Premium/LE game I bet Stern will have a fantastic game that sales like crazy.

I'm sure you are right, it will sell like crazy. I was referring to the longevity of the mag slings themselves .....in other games. As to what John said....well he can SAY anything he wants. I'm sure they had SOMETHING working, but it is probably not where they want it to be. I wasn't saying it would be bad....just saying it could be, which is why everyone is so eager to see them. They are new. If I had a nickel for every time a developer says he "has it working and is almost finished", I would be a very rich man. Almost is never close. We had a saying in Law Enforcement that we always gave to the press......"Arrest is Imminent", which translated into "we ain't got nuttin".....lol

#9417 8 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I'm sure you are right, it will sell like crazy. I was referring to the longevity of the mag slings themselves .....in other games. As to what John said....well he can SAY anything he wants. I'm sure they had SOMETHING working, but it is probably not where they want it to be. I wasn't saying it would be bad....just saying it could be, which is why everyone is so eager to see them. They are new. If I had a nickel for every time a developer says he "has it working and is almost finished", I would be a very rich man. Almost is never close. We had a saying in Law Enforcement that we always gave to the press......"Arrest is Imminent", which translated into "we ain't got nuttin".....lol

Very true someone can say anything they want LOL. I just don't believe that the slings are the reason for a delay in the video. My gut feeling is that they work fine...but obviously that is complete speculation on my part. Hence the reason I will just stay patient and see what the game play is like first hand. I would like to have everything now but finances dictate differently for me currently LOL. I can and will wait. Come on Powerball find my numbers then I can be foolish with my money a bit! A fool and his money is soon parted, but if I hit the Powerball after a couple of million spent on pinball I am sure I will be alright

#9418 8 years ago

Secret Magnetic Sling scandal:

They fit the theme so well - yeah, they are ghosts, so spooky and creepy.
They are innovative and do tricks (hold and throw the ball like every other magnet - so innovative!)
They are ALMOST like slings? (Translation, they are not as good, but they fit the theme!)

But, I can't show them to you NOW even though they've be in development and tested since my days at Williams and have never been used because well ummm.... Did I say they can do tricks and fit the theme?

Wait until the LEs are sold
Wait until the pros are sold
Wait for the video (after shipment?)
Wait for the code to be done (OMG not this again - hello KISS code?)

My response:

Wait to purchase in a year MAYBE if they work flawlessly.

#9419 8 years ago

Personally I think it's simple marketing. Sell as many pros and le as possible then sell the premiums. I just went to get the new Star Wars 3D blu Ray. Of course they are selling the reg blu rays (pros) first then releasing 3D ( premiums ) later this year. It's a money thing simple as that. And really it's good for us too keeps stern profitable and in business. Sorry pretty darn sure that's what's going on.

#9420 8 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Most likely because we don't believe you. lol And I didn't say it was being delayed. I said this was the reason we haven't seen the LE/Prem play.

Believe what you want. History is on my side.

And I didn't say you said it was being delayed.

#9421 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

One thing is for sure, i'll be playing my LE months before you are playing your premium

And stuck with all the hardware bugs that will be fixed by the time they make my Premium.

#9422 8 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

Personally I think it's simple marketing. Sell as many pros and le as possible then sell the premiums. I just went to get the new Star Wars 3D blu Ray. Of course they are selling the reg blu rays (pros) first then releasing 3D ( premiums ) later this year. It's a money thing simple as that. And really it's good for us too keeps stern profitable and in business. Sorry pretty darn sure that's what's going on.

Well, the LEs are already sold out, and Stern makes a bigger margin on premiums, so I don't think it's a marketing move. I just think that the line is full of backlogged orders right now. There are NINE games on the line right now.

#9423 8 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Well, the LEs are already sold out, and Stern makes a bigger margin on premiums, so I don't think it's a marketing move.

Huh?

Not even close, Stern make a MUCH bigger margin on the LE's.

#9424 8 years ago

And stuck with all the hardware bugs that will be fixed by the time they make my Premium.

So all the LE's in the past have been junk or had buggy hardware compared to the premiums?

#9425 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Huh?
Not even close, Stern make a MUCH bigger margin on the LE's.

I think he was referencing a bigger margin on Premiums vs Pro's since Stern has made all the LE profit they can since they are sold out.

#9426 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

So all the LE's in the past have been junk or had buggy hardware compared to the premiums?

Not necessarily....but it does let Stern learn about what tweaks need to be made.

#9427 8 years ago

Did anyone else notice the cutouts at the bottom of the outlanes have made it to the production playfields?
The ones that had "plugs" in them on the pre-production tables.
Hopefully the "proton streams" planned might make it as a mod?
Just wondering why else they would still be there...

#9428 8 years ago
Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

Did anyone else notice the cutouts at the bottom of the outlanes have made it to the production playfields?
The ones that had "plugs" in them on the pre-production tables.
Hopefully the "proton streams" planned might make it as a mod?
Just wondering why else they would still be there...

If the neutrona wands look half as bad as they do on the side rails, they can keep em.

#9429 8 years ago

Which will translate to the le too.

Sounds like somebody is a bit bitter they missed on an le. Although the op will have us believe the premium was 1st choice. A premium that looks like the pro will keep its value like a pro.

#9430 8 years ago

Not necessarily....but it does let Stern learn about what tweaks need to be made.

Yeah, just like that left orbit issue on GOT LE's and not GOT Premiums... Oh wait

#9431 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Yeah, just like that left orbit issue on GOT LE's and not GOT Premiums... Oh wait

My got premium orbit works pretty decent with no tweaks

#9432 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

My got premium orbit works pretty decent with no tweaks

That's pretty cool, but I believe there's a big thread with a lot of people who have that issue and Stern was working on a fix for it, hopefully they can address it for all the owners that do have the problem.

#9433 8 years ago

Whoopsie, that's what I meant

#9434 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

GOT Premiums now will not have the issue.

#9435 8 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Sounds like somebody is a bit bitter they missed on an le.

You couldn't be more wrong. Like if you said the new Ghostbusters movie was going to be better than the original......you still couldn't be more wrong.

#9436 8 years ago

Then you should definitely wait to buy your GB Premium until after 6 months of production so that Stern can work out the problems, that's as long as it took them to sort out the GOT issues I guess?

#9437 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Then you should definitely wait to buy your GB Premium until after 6 months of production so that Stern can work out the problems, that's as long as it took them to sort out the GOT issues I guess?

They've sorted out the GOT issues?

#9438 8 years ago

In this instant gratification age we all want to see the Premium/LE gameplay yesterday.
I check this thread daily for any new information but I don't mind the wait.
Frankenfurter said it well...

#9439 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They've sorts out the GOT issues?

I'm just going off what Captain Kirk is telling me, I didn't fact check his claim though

#9440 8 years ago

Why does anyone care which version someone else gets/wants?

#9441 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

EGO's! LOL

#9442 8 years ago
Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

In this instant gratification age we all want to see the Premium/LE gameplay yesterday.
I check this thread daily for any new information but I don't mind the wait.
Frankenfurter said it well...
» YouTube video

Say it!

#9443 8 years ago

Played the pro at papa tonight. It's seriously amazing, lots of fun... The only complaint is the outlines are like vacuum cleaners. Outside of the DMD, it doesn't feel like stern? The art is stunning.

Couple things I noticed that I haven't seen in recent sterns. Let me know if I have the terminology down.

The wire gate in the right orbit that prevents stdm. Very cool.
The shallow scoop on the right... Can it eject the ball both ways?

#9444 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Shhh...Captain_Kirk might hear you.

#9445 8 years ago

I got to play the pro at MGC last night. I really enjoyed it. For the game being so polished looking I was thrown back by the clear plastic on a post in each Outlane. Looks crappy with the edge of the art below it. I think a metal post or printed plastic or both would look a lot better.

#9446 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

You're assuming all issues would have the exact same timeline to play out.

So....no.

#9447 8 years ago

Pro: " I got my game first and paid less, har har."

LE: "I got my game with all the features, fancy cabinet art, paid the most because my wallet knows no bounds, and still before Premium, har har."

Premium: "I waited the longest so bugs are worked out, paid less than the LE, got more than the Pro - aren't you bummed you aren't as rich or as patient as me, har har."

#9448 8 years ago

I put about 40 games on the pro and I like it a lot. That machine will be great for folks that want to stick in that price range. It will be another one of those great pros. Like most, I am still waiting to see how the premium plays, got to spend quite a bit of time looking at it. Reports the magna slings work really well, along with the ecto goggles.

#9449 8 years ago

Location near me just announced they are getting a Ghostbusters Pro in a few weeks. Please please please please please let them replace Avengers or Mustang (I like Mustang but it NEVER works correctly..../sigh)!

#9450 8 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I put about 40 games on the pro and I like it a lot. That machine will be great for folks that want to stick in that price range. It will be another one of those great pros. Like most, I am still waiting to see how the premium plays, got to spend quite a bit of time looking at it. Reports the magna slings work really well, along with the ecto goggles.

How is the code? I know it's probably early version, but did it have strong foundation?

What type game would it's code be similar to?

PotC
ST
SM
Tspp
Other?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 189 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/189?hl=manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.