IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 360.
#9351 7 years ago

Glad they all have only the 7 color changing inserts.

#9352 7 years ago
Quoted from Kineticross:

Ghostbusters has the best sound of any machine currently in production. Disagree with me all you want, but it's true.

Find that hard to believe (that it's better than TH) but I can't downvote cause I haven't heard GB live yet...

#9353 7 years ago

Anybody watch the Stern live stream on Facebook a few minutes ago?, latest code (version 1.0) on the Pro being test played. Notice any big changes?

#9354 7 years ago

Looks like there is an improvement to the light show & sound as it builds up to multiball, some new dialogue and animations for the Sedgwick Hotel mode, and I think I heard a few new callouts/quotes scattered in there as well.

The game is just phenomenal! Cannot wait to own it!

#9355 7 years ago

Get what model you can afford and or comfortable with. Both versions wil be awesome for sure but if its a keeper theme for you id get the best model possible with every feature . All pinball is good and its nice to have choices so everyone can be happy.

#9356 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Get what model you can afford and or comfortable with. Both versions wil be awesome for sure but if its a keeper theme for you id get the best model possible with every feature . All pinball is good and its nice to have choices so everyone can be happy.

Agreed.

I don't sell/trade my games so I am picking up the meanest version minus the Fisher Price topper.

#9357 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I honestly think this video could show what the magnetic slings might do on GB, which I think would be pretty awesome
» YouTube video

If you have ever played jungle lord you would be excited for magnetic slings. I really hope there's a mode where you can controll them like in JL.
Tons of possibilitys
Fortytwo

P.s. This house had a pin with magnetic slings.

#9358 7 years ago

I'm sure with the prem. you can get a shaker motor for it can't you? I think that's the only deference I would want that the LE has.

#9359 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballHog:

I'm sure with the prem. you can get a shaker motor for it can't you? I think that's the only deference I would want that the LE has.

Whoa whoa whoa...You reallllly want to shake the magnoslings®™ up? HAVE YOU F*&%ING LOST YOUR MIND MAN?!?!

#9360 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Whoa whoa whoa...You reallllly want to shake the magnoslings®™ up? HAVE YOU F*&%ING LOST YOUR MIND MAN?!?!

I agree. Adding a shaker to the mag slings might rip a hole in the space time continuum.

#9361 7 years ago

Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!
Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes!
The dead rising from the grave!
Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats living together! Mass hysteria!

#9363 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballHog:

Yes game room guys have a $200 option to add it. My wife says to buy whatever as long as it stays in the basement with my crazy friends. That's a great wife. If you are already in for 5k on a pro then just add the extra 2k and get the Premiun. You only live once!! I am more afraid of a regret but I get it if 2k pushes some people over the edge.

#9364 7 years ago

Don't forget to take your $ 100 discount. Now it's only 100. Do it

#9365 7 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

Yes game room guys have a $200 option to add it. My wife says to buy whatever as long as it stays in the basement with my crazy friends. That's a great wife. If you are already in for 5k on a pro then just add the extra 2k and get the Premiun. You only live once!! I am more afraid of a regret but I get it if 2k pushes some people over the edge.

$200 to put in a shaker? Don't do it and wait for a sale from pinball life. I paid 65 bucks shipped for my shake and it took 5 mins to install.

#9366 7 years ago

$200 shakers? where the hell are you buying yours? I'm going to stock up and sell them for $175 then.

#9367 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

$200 to put in a shaker? Don't do it and wait for a sale from pinball life. I paid 65 bucks shipped for my shake and it took 5 mins to install.

$200 for a shaker, you have got to be kidding me. Yeah $65 and 5 minutes.

#9368 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

$200 shakers? where the hell are you buying yours? I'm going to stock up and sell them for $175 then.

So in other words.... DON'T BUY SHAKERS FROM CAPTAINNEO.

#9369 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

So in other words.... DON'T BUY SHAKERS FROM CAPTAINNEO.

unless your going to be buying them from the $200 guy, then i'm a deal.

#9370 7 years ago

No one made a montage of the cityscape pinblades mounted inside the cabinet yet?

#9371 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

unless your going to be buying them from the $200 guy, then i'm a deal.

That's one way to look at it...but you won't get any love from Pinsiders.

#9372 7 years ago

Where are all these $65.00 shakers? I paid like $115.00 for my last stern shaker (I know the red tremors are cheaper)

#9373 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Where are all these $65.00 shakers? I paid like $115.00 for my last stern shaker (I know the red tremors are cheaper)

PBL has had two sales recently. I bought mine about a month ago I think.

They are 99 right now.

#9374 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Glad they all have only the 7 color changing inserts.

If that is sarcasm I agree with you.

#9375 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I didn't realize you can get them that cheap. Yeah I agree better to install it myself at that savings. And yes I took my $100 discount! So with all the savings I can now get a topper!!! Maybe

#9376 7 years ago

Someone heard how many multi balls gb will have ?

#9377 7 years ago

I think someone said 5 and not sure if the wizard modes were counted in that.

#9378 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

I think someone said 5 and not sure if the wizard modes were counted in that.

Yup, that's what I heard.

#9379 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Wife gave me the go ahead to buy a Pro table but not a Premium. Table will be home use only, im just a little worried about the Pro not having the ramp setup of the premium table and not having the ecto goggles. Im not big on the magnetic slings so thats a non issue for me. Do you guys think i should not worry about the extras on the premium and just buy the pro? Really wish i would have made it down to Baltimore to give a Pro a go the other day, i hate buying before even seeing table in real life.

First, awesome wife! Get her something nice. Your newest game listed is 1994 and you are getting a 2016 Stern Ghostbusters. Having played a prototype on early software at TPF, I can tell you it's really fun. More code should only make it better. You will not be disappointed with the pro. Also, you can mod the heck out of it.

I am in the opposite situation of several Pinsiders here. I have two local friends getting an LE and a Premium. I have a Premium on order, but am seriously thinking of getting a pro now. The pro seems to be the best risk/reward for resale etc over the last few years. Tough choice for me. I would love a HUO Pro, but not sure I want to wait a few years.

#9380 7 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I would love a HUO Pro, but not sure I want to wait a few years.

I bet there will be multiple that come up for sale in the next 6 months.

#9381 7 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

First, awesome wife! Get her something nice. Your newest game listed is 1994 and you are getting a 2016 Stern Ghostbusters. Having played a prototype on early software at TPF, I can tell you it's really fun. More code should only make it better. You will not be disappointed with the pro. Also, you can mod the heck out of it.
I am in the opposite situation of several Pinsiders here. I have two local friends getting an LE and a Premium. I have a Premium on order, but am seriously thinking of getting a pro now. The pro seems to be the best risk/reward for resale etc over the last few years. Tough choice for me. I would love a HUO Pro, but not sure I want to wait a few years.

She likes to play just as much as me, was biggest surprise when i brought my first pin home. After really looking at the premium table im going to wait till i see some videos of the premium in action to decide. The ecto goggles my 5yr old boy will love, the subway ramp going under table looks fun, having the extra ramp from left flipper makes it look like it will flow more then pro, Stay puff being on Premium is a plus for my family since my son loves the stay puff scene and walks around saying "the choice is made, the traveler has come" in his best Zuul voice and he doesnt really like slimer since hes more popular with the Real Ghostbusters cartoon fans which he doesnt like, the 3d buildings also look alot nicer. Only thing im not into on the premium is the magnets, im not a fan of the magnets on Adams Family but have to see GB magnet slings in action first.

Come on Stern release some Premium videos so i can make my mind up!

#9382 7 years ago

Funny how this works, LE's sold out in minutes, next best thing is the premium, which I would expect to sell like hot cakes, but the PRO seems to get that honor. Is that because we did not see the premium in action yet? Is it really the dollar/fun factor? Or are all premium buyers just quiet and the Pro buyers on Pinside getting a reason from fellow pinheads to justify the choice? Lucky I am not a marketing guy nor working at Stern. I would end up with a lot of premiums.

#9383 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Funny how this works, LE's sold out in minutes, next best thing is the premium, which I would expect to sell like hot cakes, but the PRO seems to get that honor. Is that because we did not see the premium in action yet? Is it really the dollar/fun factor? Or are all premium buyers just quiet and the Pro buyers on Pinside getting a reason from fellow pinheads to justify the choice? Lucky I am not a marketing guy nor working at Stern. I would end up with a lot of premiums.

Don't assume the market based on pre-order sales alone.. the pre-order buyer is a special breed.

#9384 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

LE is a fanboy-product you have to buy sight unseen if you want one before they sell out. So they are completely detached from the "reasonable" buyers wanting to make an educated decision on wether to go Pro or Prem.

For now we've only seen the Pro and pinheads seem to be so unbelievably impatient that they now jump on the Pros. I'm waiting to play both, but I'm into toys and "stuff" (the more the better) so Prem. is my focus. Not much more to say right now as we haven't seen it in action yet.

#9385 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

You should be able to get "stern" brand shakers for $125 shipped, and "aftermarket" ones from PBL/Red Tremor for $99 or less.

#9386 7 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I don't agree with resell. I think most people will want a premium and it will command the better price. I usually like the pro models but GB prem brings features that seem to really add to gameplay. Of course, that remains to be seen.

#9387 7 years ago

Any guess on what tide bit of info Stern will give us today so far we have gotten armor blades and a code update

#9388 7 years ago

Premium dominate this thread's poll.

I have no doubt it will be Pinisder's choice.

#9389 7 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Premium dominate this thread's poll.
I have no doubt it will be Pinisder's choice.

LE or bust!

#9390 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I know way more people ordering Premium/LE than Pro, but I think all models will be huge sellers!

#9391 7 years ago

My take is that i want all i can get from my pin! Having a PRO is ok for guys who like the basic pin,no frills! For me,owning a PRE is having all the stuff of a LE,without another 1200.outlay of cash for a different paint job! My ST/pre nib,like MustangPaul,still going strong!Now,about new codes,you really have to play a pin as it was made,to want a upgrade! I played my ST about 500 plays before i thought it could use a tweek!The thing i hate is why don't they have a option for a DMD to offer??Why hafta wait for two years for DMD and new codes too!! This should happen faster!!IMHO:)Peace...

#9392 7 years ago

I felt the Premium/LE was a must buy for this title. There are just too many cool features I did not want to miss out on.

My favorite Stern Pros are Mustang and Metallia. I am hoping GB will be just as good as both.

#9393 7 years ago

LE as well, although I do have to admit part of this is starting to lose it's luster. Not being impatient, or having buyer's remorse, but more a reality check. Yes, the game looks awesome, and yes, the Pro plays great, but I am pretty sure the reason we haven't seen the mag slings yet is because they are still trying to figure out the code and how to make them work in acceptable fashion. I'm not bashing the slings....I love new ideas, and I like the fact they are taking their time. Hopefully they will have some great code out of the box....but unless they are just the greatest thing since sliced bread, they will be a short-lived novelty we will refer to fondly (or not so fondly, depending on implementation) a few years from now. I guess we will all find out together, and I hope they hit this one out of the park, otherwise they will never be accepted by the pinball masses.....at least not until the code and hardware matures farther down the road. So for those of you that say you "settled" for a Pro....you just may be walking around with a massive grin when this is all over. Can't wait to find out.........lol

P.S. Please no-one who has purchased an LE, install those butt-ugly side rails that Stern released the other day. And if you do, no pictures.........lol They look nothing like the game design...........

#9394 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

LE as well, although I do have to admit part of this is starting to lose it's luster. Not being impatient, or having buyer's remorse, but more a reality check. Yes, the game looks awesome, and yes, the Pro plays great, but I am pretty sure the reason we haven't seen the mag slings yet is because they are still trying to figure out the code and how to make them work in acceptable fashion. I'm not bashing the slings....I love new ideas, and I like the fact they are taking their time. Hopefully they will have some great code out of the box....but unless they are just the greatest thing since sliced bread, they will be a short-lived novelty we will refer to fondly (or not so fondly, depending on implementation) a few years from now. I guess we will all find out together, and I hope they hit this one out of the park, otherwise they will never be accepted by the pinball masses.....at least not until the code and hardware matures farther down the road. So for those of you that say you "settled" for a Pro....you just may be walking around with a massive grin when this is all over. Can't wait to find out.........lol
P.S. Please no-one who has purchased an LE, install those butt-ugly side rails that Stern released the other day. And if you do, no pictures.........lol They look nothing like the game design...........

There is no difference with Ghostbusters over any other recent Stern when it comes to the time between showing a Pro and a LE. Perfectly normal. Nothing to do with slings. Not sure why I have to keep repeating this.

#9395 7 years ago

LE is a bust! Hideous!

#9396 7 years ago

LE is a bust! Hideous!

I think you need to change your avatar to this!

754752-mrmagoo_(resized).jpg754752-mrmagoo_(resized).jpg

#9397 7 years ago

It was stated before that the mag slings were worked on before GB and was one of the first things developed on GB. With all the delays in production, Stern probably has their hands full and not rushing to promote premiums which not produced for a while. I am anxious to see how the premium plays but not really worried about it. GB has all the makings of a great pin so optimistic about prem features.

#9398 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I think you need to change your avatar to this!

754752-mrmagoo_(resized).jpg

You'll want this for your LE translite....

549_9059262252_(resized).jpg549_9059262252_(resized).jpg

#9399 7 years ago

LE is a bust! Hideous!

Jealousy doesn't become you

#9400 7 years ago

You'll want this for your LE translite....

549_9059262252_(resized).jpg

Hate on slimer if u want but the real ghostbusters was a excellent show at least for the first few seasons had some very good story's.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/188?hl=manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.