IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 186 of 360.
#9251 7 years ago

Got to play Ghostbusters Pro at the charity pinball event in Baltimore Md. over the weekend. Holy Frijoles restaurant hosted the event and had two machines available to play...the Pro was impressive and loads of fun. Didn't feel cheap in any aspect and quality, fit and finish and is top notch IMO. Can't wait to see what a premium and LE look like in person. Here's some footage from the event. I'll be posting some up close playfield video on my Youtube channel this week.

#9252 7 years ago

Since Stern is selling blades I hope they left a bigger gap on the playfield sides. STLE had zero play for adding blades.

#9253 7 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Since Stern is selling blades I hope they left a bigger gap on the playfield sides. STLE had zero play for adding blades.

Agreed. I never saw a way to add mirror blades without scratching them up on Star Trek.

#9254 7 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

Have you ever seen how big those things are???

I wish I could say I've never seen 'em up close...

#9255 7 years ago

These are pre-release machines, but have speaker lights and grilles- any idea if this came from the factory, or are these already mods that are made and ready for purchase? obviously the speaker RGB lights are available, but I am surprised to see them on these machines already.

Capture_(resized).JPGCapture_(resized).JPG

#9256 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

or are these already mods that are made and ready for purchase?

On Facebook they look like they will be on this website to purchase soon.

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Acrylic-Designs.html

LTG : )

#9257 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

On Facebook they look like they will be on this website to purchase soon.
http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Acrylic-Designs.html
LTG : )

Awesome! Going to have to buy that kit w/ the grilles.

About to place an order with Jen @ JJP for some Invisiglass to go on my GB LE. I want to be able to see the playfield from day 1

#9258 7 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Capture_(resized).JPG

Now those are nice!

#9259 7 years ago

I really like those blades. I'm loving the pink/purple hues involved in all the artwork. I want to match that color for some powder coating as green obviously won't work on my Premium. Nice work Zombie Yeti and Stern for a quality add-on.

#9260 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Although I have a bachelor of science I'm not a scientist pre se`...so magnetic fields are new to me man. Not my specialty so just trying to keep up. Besides these slings are pretty new I think...so I doubt anyone knows how they work and will react with other things.

But you're talking about slings in the middle of the playfield... reacting with metal at the sides of the game. Have you considered all the metal in the game inbetween those two points in space? Why be worried about mirror blades all of a sudden as if it was the only metal thing around

How will they react with other things? The same as every other magnet in games... which have been in the center of the playfield for nearly 20 years. TAF, GNR, and many more.

#9261 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Why be worried about mirror blades all of a sudden as if it was the only metal thing around

It's possible they may cause the sides of the game to collapse inwards from the pull of the magnets.

#9262 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

How will they react with other things? The same as every other magnet in games... which have been in the center of the playfield for nearly 20 years. TAF, GNR, and many more.

Hmm...true. Maybe the whole point of making these side art things vinyl was to counter-act the magnetic waves.

magnet-wave_(resized).jpgmagnet-wave_(resized).jpg

#9263 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

My CV levitates whenever the magnets go off since i placed the pin under a ceiling lamp with a metal fixture...

#9264 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think this has already been covered. That's just a regular sling up there.

no it's not. I had to double check because I was wondering how they were able to fit a sling up there so close to the edge of the playfield. There are no mechanics in that little section.

#9265 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

no it's not. I had to double check because I was wondering how they were able to fit a sling up there so close to the edge of the playfield. There are no mechanics in that little section.

The sling is the blue coil in the middle of each picture.

TH1_(resized).pngTH1_(resized).png

TH2_(resized).pngTH2_(resized).png

#9266 7 years ago

i'm telling you. when I played it at wanna bowl, the ball would do some crazy shit and get pulled into the bands in that spot, there wasn't a kick, there wasn't even a kicker arm. I looked at it closely. I even pointed it out to people.

#9267 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i'm telling you. when I played it at wanna bowl, the ball would do some crazy shit and get pulled into the bands in that spot, there wasn't a kick, there wasn't even a kicker arm. I looked at it closely. I even pointed it out to people.

The one I played acted exactly like a normal sling.

#9268 7 years ago

it acted a lot like the magnet flippers on the TZ mini playfield. right in that spot.

#9269 7 years ago

Holy crap I hope there is ANOTHER magnet...unless it's by the top then a Vinyl overlay for the back panel should nullify the effects....hopefully.

EDIT: PHEW! You guys were talking aboot the Hobbit not GB

#9270 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

it acted a lot like the magnet flippers on the TZ mini playfield. right in that spot.

I mean you could be right, but I was surprised when someone first suggested that Hobbit had that as it seems like a regular old slingshot.

#9271 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i'm telling you. when I played it at wanna bowl, the ball would do some crazy shit and get pulled into the bands in that spot, there wasn't a kick, there wasn't even a kicker arm.

Maybe there was a GB LE with active magna slings standing close to it on the left side.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I even pointed it out to people.

Imagining this scenery makes me giggle.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I looked at it closely.

Look closer....note the typical slingshot cutouts...

TH3_(resized).pngTH3_(resized).png

#9272 7 years ago

i'm telling you, i know what I saw. I'm calling chris (kingpin games)and telling him to check it out, it was his game at that show. Did they have it in at one point and take it out? It was doing some crazy shit in that spot and I didn't see any kicker arm or mechs at all.

#9273 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

the Pro was impressive and loads of fun. Didn't feel cheap in any aspect and quality, fit and finish and is top notch IMO. Can't wait to see what a premium and LE look like in person.

I got to say reading all the positive feedback on Ghostbusters is really refreshing from the negative norm that tends to coincide with a new game release. Stern really did a great job on this one and I look forward to future releases now that the bar has been raised. Listening to everyone's excitement and enthusiasm over this game is awesome-this is what pinball is all about.

#9274 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hmm...true. Maybe the whole point of making these side art things vinyl was not to counter-act the magnetic waves.

I heard Stern had to switch to carbon fiber legs on the Premiums and LE.

The magnetic slings were causing the steel legs to hit an external periodic frequency whereby positive feedback between the cabinet's deflection and the force exerted by the powerful slings resulted in a self-oscillation and eventual failure (pinball fall down... go boom).

#9275 7 years ago

Sign me up for the pinblades they look great

#9276 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I got to say reading all the positive feedback on Ghostbusters is really refreshing from the negative norm that tends to coincide with a new game release. Stern really did a great job on this one and I look forward to future releases now that the bar has been raised. Listening to everyone's excitement and enthusiasm over this game is awesome-this is what pinball is all about.

A good art package is key if you want people fired up about a game before they get to play it! Hopefully this will resonate with Stern and they'll fight for permission to do solid, hand-drawn art packages in the future (or make the amount of flexibility they're likely to get on the art front a criteria in which licenses they chose).

#9277 7 years ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

The magnetic slings were causing the steel legs to hit an external periodic frequency whereby positive feedback between the cabinet's deflection and the force exerted by the powerful slings resulted in a self-oscillation and eventual failure (pinball fall down... go boom).

Yep here is a video of the test..

#9278 7 years ago

Ok, apparently I was seeing shit. and nobody remembers me pointing it out and talking about it. So I started a thread about it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-spiked-my-chicken-sandwich-at-wanna-bowl#post-3079942

Now i'm doing some sleuthing to find out who spiked my sandwich during wanna-bowl.

#9279 7 years ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

Damn...that's gonna cost a pretty penny but at least we'll be safe

#9280 7 years ago

It also caused spontaneous uncommanded zipper drops.

#9281 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I hope not. I asked this morning if there were any changes, and was told, "No"
But if there is a delay, I am not concerned.
It is LSOG, as a friend and distributor.

Well I hope you do get it in 3 weeks. I heard it's about 6 weeks out with premiums the end of June. The sooner you get yours the sooner I get mine.

#9282 7 years ago

Side rail armor .......bad

Blades even if in vinyl.........great

Magnetic slings ??? Crap, maybe Stern will have to put a warning health hazard sign on the machine

If you have a pacemaker don't risk your life playing this pin.

Frankly I'm not stress at all and if it comes to a disaster Stern will just replace them with regular traditional slings

#9283 7 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Blades even if in vinyl.........great

Who makes blades that aren't vinyl? I thought there were mirror blades, and then everything else was cut vinyl with art printed on them?

#9284 7 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Magnetic slings ??? Crap, maybe Stern will have to put a warning health hazard sign on the machine

ROFL

Don't wear a big belt buckle. Every time you hit the slings you will hump the machine.

j/k

#9285 7 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

ROFL
Don't wear a big belt buckle. Every time you hit the slings you will hump the machine.
j/k

Python would love it!

#9286 7 years ago

I'm worried that having my GBprem in a lineup with other games will cause all the balls on the other games to be sucked towards the Gb slings. Could make for some interesting competition play.

#9287 7 years ago

I think the side rails look very cheap and poorly designed, however the blades look amazing. Good to have choice!

#9288 7 years ago

Is it just me or is GB 2 unwatchable?

#9289 7 years ago

GB is a busy MF er thanks to Zombie Yeti.

And yes I love it for that very reason.

Rails and blades to make look even busier? Not for me.

I'll take some neon lighting though like the TWD prison fence EL wire.

I just don't get the whole blade, rail, topper thing on this pin, so........for that reason, "I'm out".

#9290 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

GB is a busy MF er thanks to Zombie Yeti.
And yes I love it for that very reason.
Rails and blades to make look even busier? Not for me.
I'll take some neon lighting though like the TWD prison fence EL wire.
I just don't get the whole blade, rail, topper thing on this pin, so........for that reason, "I'm out".

Aww don't be a whiney baby, you cant just take your ball and go home.

#9291 7 years ago

Might look sweet with regular mirror blades!

#9292 7 years ago

Capture_(resized).JPG

Those look FANTASTIC!!! I'll buy them. But what will the price be.

#9293 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Those look FANTASTIC!!! I'll buy them. But what will the price be.

Probably 80 bucks like the GOT ones.

#9294 7 years ago

Agreed. I never saw a way to add mirror blades without scratching them up on Star Trek.

They fit fine on my Pro.

#9295 7 years ago

Its funny you say that. I have my wife help me when I have to raise or lower the playfield with mirror blades on my ST LE. She basically uses her hands to spread the machine apart while I move the playfield to avoid scratching. It has become a two person job.

Those pin-blades look badass The ZY art is just icing on the cake-they are going to sell a shit ton of them.

#9296 7 years ago

Played one of the production sample Ghost Busters pro at Ron's house. Trent stopped by for the night and loaded the game inside for us to play. It was here for 12-14 hours and left this morning for PAPA. We played it until 1 am this morning. I got up this morning played the game from 6am until about 8 when he had to load it.

Thanks Trent!

#9297 7 years ago

Gotta say I'm over regular mirror blades. Art blades all the way from here on out.

#9298 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Is it just me or is GB 2 unwatchable?

Very watchable. Very good movie. Love it.

#9299 7 years ago
Quoted from robotronjohn:

Played one of the production sample Ghost Busters pro at Ron's house. Trent stopped by for the night and loaded the game inside for us to play. It was here for 12-14 hours and left this morning for PAPA. We played it until 1 am this morning. I got up this morning played the game from 6am until about 8 when he had to load it.
Thanks Trent!

So it was a huge letdown then?
; )

#9300 7 years ago
Quoted from robotronjohn:

Thanks Trent!

AND...!!!!!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 186 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/186 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.