IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 360.
#9151 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The other thing are the colours- the green would look amazing on an LE, but the shape means they won't fit with the LE art because of the integrated slime.

Exactly-they will look ok on Premium/Pro but I am not feeling them with the LE because of the slime art. I still think someone should make and sell a set of lasered trim that is fluorescent green with slime dripping down. It would give the Premium/Pro the look of the LE with dripping slime.

#9152 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Pss
Too bad the LE doesn't get fancy rails like GOT, ST or SMVE and makes do with simple cheap lollypop style while the premium gets nothing.

The lollipop rails are a better shape than these weird straight edged ones.

#9153 8 years ago

I've got Neon...

Robert

Neon_(resized).jpgNeon_(resized).jpg

#9154 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They look very similar to the Spiderman VE rails. Anyone seen those in person?

Seen the Spider-man Ve in the flesh. The side rails look great and really tie the whole art package together. That being said the Spider-man side rails are a much simpler colour scheme just red/white with a bit of black on the hand. The red and white match in with the spider-man logo on the cab art and its not in your face more a subtle extra detail to the whole look. The GB ecto blasters don't seem to tie in with the cab colours, also the blast coming off the barrel looks a little clip art/amateur. I think they should of shown the armour on actual machines so we could properly gage the overall aesthetics. I will reserve judgement until they release some photos of the rails on games and see how they tie in. I think Stern is going to make a lot of money on extra mods for GB. This is a game a lot of people are going to want to BLING out.

#9155 8 years ago

Hay,folks.be sure to look at Modelvisionary's GB shooter rods!! I have one of his shooters on my ST/pre,and he does amazing work! This is one that you will be proud to have!:)IMHO peace!!

#9156 8 years ago

Now the question is, that nobody asked.......do the proton streams light up sometime during game play? Now that would be something to write home about.

#9157 8 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Hay,folks.be sure to look at Modelvisionary's GB shooter rods!! I have one of his shooters on my ST/pre,and he does amazing work! This is one that you will be proud to have!:)IMHO peace!!

Nah, I'd put a lit color changer on mine. Along with beatmasters lit shooter housing and my light up legs on my Promium.

#9158 8 years ago

I will try to hold judgement intill i see better pictures or ones on actual machines so far though doesnt look great to me, but the one thing that wont change is the art it just seems out of place since zombie yeti has done all of the art of the game and rumored to be doing pinblades as well it seems odd to throw another style of art onto such a great art package.

#9159 8 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

I will try to hold judgement intill i see better pictures or ones on actual machines so far though doesnt look great to me, but the one thing that wont change is the art it just seems out of place since zombie yeti has done all of the art of the game and rumored to be doing pinblades as well it seems odd to through another style of art onto such a great art package.

I asked stern during a live Q&A, He's definitely doing the blades. These just feel so out of place compared to all the ZY art.

#9160 8 years ago

Man reading this thread and Stern's facebook page I can't believe the amount of hostility and "The sky is falling" comments since there is no video of the Premium yet and it's magnetic slings. Crazy speculation going on that they must be a failed element. I am personally looking forward to the slings and think they will add an element of coolness to this machine. Time will tell. Just funny that people talk so definitive on what they know as facts without knowing them.

#9161 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Just funny that people talk so definitive on what they know as facts without knowing them.

Yep. I for one have NOT A CLUE on what mag slings would be like...it's such a strange concept I couldn't form an opinion one way or the other. Lest we forget as mentioned before; slings aren't always your friend

#9162 8 years ago

I heard the delay on the premium video was due to the magnetic slings causing the balls to perform violently during multiball play. The slings apparently put out an excessive amount of power and one of the balls was magnetically flung towards Mr. Stay Puft and took out his head. Not buying!

lol

#9163 8 years ago

In one of the interviews (This Flippin Podcast ep.18) John Trudeau implied the code work was focused on the pro before release. Once the pro was released the work would begin coding the PRELE features. If you look at all the extra features on the PRELE, they would all need a fair bit of extra code work - ecto graphics, the under pf lock and diverter, the multi position slimmer, and of course the magnetic slings. Makes sense all these features should be working well before releasing PreLE video - which would obviously take time.

#9164 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Like Shadow, JD, Champion Pub, Junk Yard...? I was only checking the top 100 though, should I go deeper into games like SOF and No Fear? Are you sarcastically arguing that innovative pins suck?

How about Fireball Classic? Throw that monster of a continual spinning disc top and center of those 'traditional' slings and you have a hell of an unpredictable game, everytime. I enjoy watching players try to control the balls flying around that pf. I for one love the complete unpredictability.

IMG_20160405_1904479_(resized).jpgIMG_20160405_1904479_(resized).jpg

#9165 8 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

How about Fireball Classic? Throw that monster of a continual spinning disc top and center of those 'traditional' slings and you have a hell of an unpredictable game, everytime. I enjoy watching players try to control the balls flying around that pf. I for one love the complete unpredictability.

IMG_20160405_1904479_(resized).jpg

I'm surprised that the spinning disc has been abandoned for so long in pinball. What was the last title that had that feature?

#9166 8 years ago

Whirlwind
NGG
Xmle kind of

#9167 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'm surprised that the spinning disc has been abandoned for so long in pinball. What was the last title that had that feature?</blockquote

Stern NBA had a powered disc, right?

Games in my collection such as Avengers had a non-powered rotated disc with the Tesseract (sp?) and POTC had a powered disc although it was in a contained area.

#9169 8 years ago

X-men after Tron

#9170 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'm surprised that the spinning disc has been abandoned for so long in pinball. What was the last title that had that feature?

Isn't there one behind/inside the Gene Simmons head on Kiss?

#9172 8 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Whirlwind
NGG
Xmle kind of

Quoted from TheLaw:

X-men after Tron

Quoted from indypinhead:

Spinning disc implementation... Check!

#9173 8 years ago

That side armour is pretty ugly. Looks like some kid in 3rd grade did it

#9174 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Getting Closer.....heard my delivery date on an LE is hopefully April 28th, and Pros could be shipping in another week or so!

Somebody lied to you

#9175 8 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

Somebody lied to you

Was told basically the same thing.

#9176 8 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Pics or it didn't happen !

#9177 8 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

IMG_20160405_1904479_(resized).jpg

Yeah Fireball Classic....my first pin.

#9178 8 years ago

spinning disc in WWE Prem also I think

#9179 8 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Isn't there one behind/inside the Gene Simmons head on Kiss?

Yup, and Full Throttle has like 38 of them on the playfield.

#9180 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Spinning disc implementation... Check!

Twister

#9181 8 years ago

Potc tortuga

#9182 8 years ago

First of all, I like the fact that Stern is giving us some ala cart options now with mods such as my TWD topper and now side rails.

Option A, buy it if you like it, Option B, don't buy!

That said I'm in the total WTF camp with these side rails.

Option B for me.

Just because I own a TWD doesn't mean it has made me act like a braindead walker.

Why the F would I want to "replace" the rails on my LE with a $300 mod that doesn't look very good in the first place?

I may want to "modify" my pin with some cool mods but "replace" a piece of hardware like rails? NO F ING WAY, not on my LE

#9183 8 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

Somebody lied to you

I hope not. I asked this morning if there were any changes, and was told, "No"
But if there is a delay, I am not concerned.
It is LSOG, as a friend and distributor.

#9184 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

First of all, I like the fact that Stern is giving us some ala cart options now with mods such as my TWD topper and now side rails.
Option A, buy it if you like it, Option B, don't buy!
That said I'm in the total WTF camp with these side rails.
Option B for me.
Just because I own a TWD doesn't mean it has made me act like a braindead walker.
Why the F would I want to "replace" the rails on my LE with a $300 mod that doesn't look very good in the first place?
I may want to "modify" my pin with some cool mods but "replace" a piece of hardware like rails? NO F ING WAY, not on my LE

I don't think the armour upgrades are aimed at LE buyers. The armour is already upgraded on an LE. In fact these rails wont even fit with the LE slime cabinet art.

Topper is another story.

#9185 8 years ago

From Stern's Facebook page:

"FIRST LOOK - New Ghostbusters Laser-Cut Armor Upgrade Kit! Will be offered in Pro/Premium (Black) and LE Versions (Green). The armor features the famous Neutrino Wand firing proton streams and is back-colored to enhance the look! Installed photos to come soon. Available from your Stern Pinball retailer and online in the Stern Shop soon. ‪#‎SternPinball‬ ‪#‎GhostbustersPinball‬"

Again I say, WTF, holy crapola

#9186 8 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

This is the shooter hawkmoon is referring to:

Ghostbusters_side2_(resized).jpgGhostbusters_side2_(resized).jpg

Ghostbusters_front2_(resized).jpgGhostbusters_front2_(resized).jpg

Ghostbusters_close_(resized).jpgGhostbusters_close_(resized).jpg

#9187 8 years ago

The black versions of the aftermarket rails look better then the green ones in my opinion. Up close they look better then I initially thought they did from a distance.

#9188 8 years ago
Quoted from Modelvisionary:

This is the shooter hawkmoon is referring to:

Ghostbusters_side2_(resized).jpgGhostbusters_front2_(resized).jpgGhostbusters_close_(resized).jpg

I bought 2 of those emblems for my bb speaker grills.

#9189 8 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

GB LE is the Iran Nuclear Deal of pinball machines. Let's bow our heads...

But the pinball machine isn't planning on vaporizing you

#9190 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

From Stern's Facebook page:
"FIRST LOOK - New Ghostbusters Laser-Cut Armor Upgrade Kit! Will be offered in Pro/Premium (Black) and LE Versions (Green). The armor features the famous Neutrino Wand firing proton streams and is back-colored to enhance the look! Installed photos to come soon. Available from your Stern Pinball retailer and online in the Stern Shop soon. ‪#‎SternPinball‬ ‪#‎GhostbustersPinball‬"
Again I say, WTF, holy crapola

Doesn't look too bad - maybe a bit busy, but fits better than I thought it would. Still, is it worth upgrading for an LE? The $300 question.

15_armour_(resized).jpg15_armour_(resized).jpg

#9191 8 years ago

It isn't the same chafe of green.

#9192 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Doesn't look too bad - maybe a bit busy, but fits better than I thought it would. Still, is it worth upgrading for an LE? The $300 question.

15_armour_(resized).jpg

The art on the cabinet is so busy that the rails are lost. $300 not interested unless they light up.

#9193 8 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

It's hard to believe that Stern, with a pin with such beautiful artwork, would produce that for sale... makes me wonder if that topper is only a prototype?

I plan on making my own topper with a REAL lightbar.
Also I'll just get new raw armor and custom powdercoat. I'm thinking a purple ish blue.
Fortytwo.

#9194 8 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

It isn't the same chafe of green.

Just adjusted it a bit - just my poor photoshop skills. Im sure it will be the same in production.

Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

The art on the cabinet is so busy that the rails are lost. $300 not interested unless they light up.

Agreed, it gets lost. The scale of the "Neutrona Wand" and the beams are too small for the whole image.

#9195 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Way way way way too busy!

The simple lollipop rails are necessary imo.

And then throw in another $300 for this?

That seems bat shit crazy to me. This whole LE rail replacement blows me away.

How about a lighted metal apron mod?

#9197 8 years ago

Stern is on crack if they think LE buyers are going to buy this crap

#9198 8 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Stern is on crack if they think LE buyers are going to buy this crap

i think they are.

#9199 8 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

i think they are.

Stern or the LE buyers

#9200 8 years ago

On the Premium:

premium_armour_(resized).jpgpremium_armour_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

15,699 (OBO)
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/184?hl=ball_shine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.