IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 180 of 360.
#8951 8 years ago
Quoted from pballinhd:

Orlando Florida $2300 Slimer
Gods & Monsters
Sales guy said they are going to make cheaper versions in the near future.

20160401_170716_(resized).jpg20160401_170148_(resized).jpg20160401_170141_(resized).jpg20160401_170519_(resized).jpg

More interested in Ripley's "Aliens" suit back there.

#8952 8 years ago

Wolfie, you missed Ghostbusters at Gahagan Park in Summerville last night. I couldn't resist. If it's Ghostbusters, I'm there! Haha.

#8953 8 years ago

Uff that Predator box in the background looks like a cabinet head

#8954 8 years ago

Getting Closer.....heard my delivery date on an LE is hopefully April 28th, and Pros could be shipping in another week or so!

#8955 8 years ago
Quoted from pballinhd:

Gods & Monsters

Damn, wish we had that store in Mall of America here.

#8956 8 years ago
Quoted from AtTheArcade:

Wolfie, you missed Ghostbusters at Gahagan Park in Summerville last night. I couldn't resist. If it's Ghostbusters, I'm there! Haha.

Oh man! Hate that I missed that!

We were just at Gahagan park on Tuesday.

#8957 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Getting Closer.....heard my delivery date on an LE is hopefully April 28th, and Pros could be shipping in another week or so!

For real??

#8958 8 years ago

Thats what I was told by our Fl distributor, LSOG....
Theres a Party on the 15th in Jax for the Pro scheduled to arrive.

#8959 8 years ago

Wonder when my premium will be ready :p didn't see many GB on the line in their most recent video

#8960 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Pretty sure that has changed maybe someone else here can post the link but the date was push back to last weekend in April or first in may.

#8963 8 years ago

Does seem like a few ealry ones are going out to distributors for these .

#8964 8 years ago

Come up and visit, Adam...my house is always open!
Kurt will likely have one at the Pinball Lounge.

#8965 8 years ago

I have to admit it does look like the party with the pro is on, still I would be very surprised if anyone got a LE in April no harm in hoping though.

#8966 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Sweet! This is who my LE is coming from Art! Can't wait...Aaron

#8967 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Sweet! This is who my LE is coming from Art! Can't wait...Aaron

#8968 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Sweet! This is who my LE is coming from as well Art! Can't wait...Aaron

#8969 8 years ago

I got a handful of games in on Ghostbusters pro tonight and my initial impresions are that the game is awesome. It looks amazing in person. The light show and slimer toy were even better than I was expecting. Most of the shots were satisfying, but I was only able to hit the right ramp once despite spending my last few balls just shooting for it. It's a really tight shot. I didn't find the flipper gap or the double inlanes to be a problem at all and even kind of forgot about it after a while. Really packed for a pro, that's for sure.

#8970 8 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I got a handful of games in on Ghostbusters pro tonight and my initial impresions are that the game is awesome. It looks amazing in person. The light show and slimer toy were even better than I was expecting. Most of the shots were satisfying, but I was only able to hit the right ramp once despite spending my last few balls just shooting for it. It's a really tight shot. I didn't find the flipper gap or the double inlanes to be a problem at all and even kind of forgot about it after a while. Really packed for a pro, that's for sure.

Got some games on it as well. One of the Slimer is acting up and not functioning properly. I noticed a lot of people hitting him with the white insert going off and the switch not registering.

I dunno, man. Game sure does look the part....I'm just wondering how finicky Slimer is going to be.

#8971 8 years ago

The game you played was it a production model or prototype?

#8972 8 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

The game you played was it a production model or prototype?

I'll let you know tomorrow. I didn't go to the back of the game and check.

#8973 8 years ago

Yea, the slimer on the right machine didn't seem to be registering hits later in the night. I thought maybe I was missing something about the rules. I would guess these are sample machines?

#8974 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I'll let you know tomorrow. I didn't go to the back of the game and check.

OK thanks just curious I know the dead flip was a prototype and I think TPF as well just wondering if and what the differences might be such as ramp shots

#8975 8 years ago

I initially didn't think I'd be able to swing a Ghostbusters without sacrificing one of my other games, but I found a way to make it work, so I should be able to swing a Pro. I'm pumped!

#8976 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I heard the same thing from my distributor. They called two days ago and said my LE would be in the last week of April or first week of May. They said that Stern contacted them that day with the new dates. Keeping my fingers crossed!

#8977 8 years ago
Quoted from pballinhd:

Gods & Monsters

20160401_170716_(resized).jpg20160401_170148_(resized).jpg20160401_170141_(resized).jpg20160401_170519_(resized).jpg

Uh how much for the Iron Man?

#8978 8 years ago

Has anyone seen the magnet slings yet? I'd really like to hear what people in the know are saying about them...

#8979 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

Has anyone seen the magnet slings yet? I'd really like to hear what people in the know are saying about them...

I think John Trudeau has, and he seems to speak very highly of them!

#8980 8 years ago

If Stern is within weeks of shipping LE's, can't we get a video of gameplay? Do we really have to wait until someone receives a LE to see what it is like?

#8981 8 years ago

I think we will see a premium / LE video this coming week or the following. A couple weeks back during the Q&A live stream John mentioned a premium / LE video would be shown in a few weeks. By the time premiums start shipping in May / June the code should be much further along then what has been shown so far.

#8982 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

If Stern is within weeks of shipping LE's, can't we get a video of gameplay? Do we really have to wait until someone receives a LE to see what it is like?

Yeah that's completely unacceptable haha.

#8983 8 years ago

Pretty sure they want to sell as many Pro's as possible before showing the LE/Premium in action

#8984 8 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Pretty sure they want to sell as many Pro's as possible before showing the LE/Premium in action

Disagree. Profit margins are much higher on Premiums so if they can convince buyers to upgrade from Pro to Premium it is in their best business interests.

#8986 8 years ago

Someone is going to get their GB pro's. I asked about my SMVE order and distro said they will be run after GB pro's

#8988 8 years ago

At the 20 second mark.....it's a mechanism that goes up and down.....is it the cross the streams that was eliminated from the game?

#8989 8 years ago

correction.....is it a mechanism that goes up and down?

#8990 8 years ago

Check out the new trailer thumbs on YouTube...

More than 2 to 1 negative. Not good.

New_GB_trailer_is_not_liked_(resized).jpgNew_GB_trailer_is_not_liked_(resized).jpg

#8991 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Great job cracking that 40 year old court case!

Thanks! But, you better check your math. It was not 40 years ago was it?

#8992 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Disagree. Profit margins are much higher on Premiums so if they can convince buyers to upgrade from Pro to Premium it is in their best business interests.

Fair enough but can you tell me, if their profit margin is highier on premium and LE, why don't they start selling LE, Premium to get more impulsive, can't wait to play buyers.

And then a few weeks or months after finish with the PRO

Honestly..... I never understood why not selling the exquisite expensive stuff first. The premium/LE is suppose to be in most of the cases the designer vision. Then they start from that and strip a few things off to get the PRO.

#8993 8 years ago

Its all marketing ...get the pros on the street and create a buzz. If they released le first and it flopped they would never sell a pro.

#8994 8 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Fair enough but can you tell me, if their profit margin is highier on premium and LE, why don't they start selling LE, Premium to get more impulsive, can't wait to play buyers.
And then a few weeks or months after finish with the PRO
Honestly..... I never understood why not selling the exquisite expensive stuff first. The premium/LE is suppose to be in most of the cases the designer vision. Then they start from that and strip a few things off to get the PRO.

I think the biggest reason is that the product development cycle is longer for LE/Premium. There's more toys to engineer and write code for, special trim, etc. Pro games are quicker and easier to develop. The 2nd reason is that Stern wants these games out on route where lots of people can play them and create buzz for the more expensive versions. If they did it the other way we wouldn't be able to play them on route first since most route games are Pros.

#8995 8 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Its all marketing ...get the pros on the street and create a buzz. If they released le first and it flopped they would never sell a pro.

I think cuz it gets the Pros out on location for the operators so they can start making some money without having to spend big bucks on a Premium. Remember, the home market is a small percentage of their sales.

#8996 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I think cuz it gets the Pros out on location for the operators so they can start making some money without having to spend big bucks on a Premium. Remember, the home market is a small percentage of their sales.

I'd be interested in what percentage ... I think it's far more than a small percentage now...they have openly admitted that they pay more attention to details now because of collectors.

#8998 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I think the biggest reason is that the product development cycle is longer for LE/Premium. There's more toys to engineer and write code for, special trim, etc. Pro games are quicker and easier to develop. The 2nd reason is that Stern wants these games out on route where lots of people can play them and create buzz for the more expensive versions. If they did it the other way we wouldn't be able to play them on route first since most route games are Pros.

This is what I think as well..

They want the game on the line... the pro is the shortest path to get there. Then, they have a few more weeks to finish the 'extra' stuff the LE/Premium has.

No point in holding up 'everyone' for the item with the longest development time.

#8999 8 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

At the 20 second mark.....it's a mechanism that goes up and down.....is it the cross the streams that was eliminated from the game?

Some people say its the cross the streams function, I think it might actually be the mechanism for the Premium/LE model that moves Slimer around the playfield, instead of the Pro that only T-Bags the playfield sometimes

#9000 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's the old model... as in years ago. The curve has been racing the other way for 10+ years now. Even Gary's usual pitch about the market, beer, and location pinball has changed to reflect that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
15,699 (OBO)
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 180 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/180 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.