IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 360.
#8901 8 years ago

Pretty sure they are both the captive ball ones without the shaft - so just regular balls. Not sure about the energy transfer with the coated balls.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#8902 8 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Skill-based video modes are only a challenge the first few times. Then you master them and they turn into a waste of time.

I always fine JohnnyM's video mode fun. And ones like AFM, or IJ as well to a lesser degree.

#8903 8 years ago

#8904 8 years ago

I love that burnt Stay Puft. Unfortunately that was a prototype and what they sold looked much worse. It had the stickers but not the browning around them as much.

#8905 8 years ago

Was the final count that there's 12 balls (without shafts) to be replaced?

#8906 8 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

Was the final count that there's 12 balls (without shafts) to be replaced?

The last two may or may not be shafts.

#8907 8 years ago

If they are the same as Metallica captive ball then they are just regular balls. Plus why would stern change there design.
I have been thinking about the captive ball being colored ones too.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3414

#8908 8 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

If they are the same as Metallica captive ball then they are just regular balls. Plus why would stern change there design.
I have been thinking about the captive ball being colored ones too.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3414

Hopefully someone receives a Pro soon so we'll know.

I want to replace all at purchase.

#8909 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Looking at the pics it definitiely looks like its not the style with the shaft through the ball. So maybe mezelmods.com can make a 6 ball set in addition to the 4 ball one. Getting a little pricey at $12 per ball though.

#8910 8 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Maybe its a bad idea to put one of the colored plastic covered balls as the newton since the coating on the ball might not transfer as much energy to the ball behind it as a harder steel ball would?

I have the the colored ball as the 2nd ball, the one that moves in 4 of my games and it moves just fine. It may not last to long as the first, stationary ball but I don't know that to be true. As the 2nd ball it works fine.

#8911 8 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Looking at the pics it definitiely looks like its not the style with the shaft through the ball. So maybe mezelmods.com can make a 6 ball set in addition to the 4 ball one. Getting a little pricey at $12 per ball though.

Oh I just went to replace them with shiny steel balls. $1.50 each.

Not too bad X 12.

#8912 8 years ago

Just get a bunch of extra...you'll use them anyways at some point.

#8913 8 years ago

RAY PARKER JR. SUING HUEY LEWIS OVER ‘GHOSTBUSTERS’ COMMENT
LAWSUIT, FILED THURSDAY, CLAIMS SINGER'S 'BEHIND THE MUSIC' COMMENTS BROKE EARLIER SUIT'S CONFIDENTIALITY AGREEMENT.
by TERI VANHORN
3/23/2001
Ray Parker Jr. is suing Huey Lewis over comments he made in his “Behind the Music” special, accusing the pop singer of breaking a confidentiality agreement concerning Parker’s 1984 hit “Ghostbusters.”
The suit, filed Thursday in Los Angeles Superior Court, states that Lewis breached the agreement by publicly discussing the lawsuit he filed against Parker 17 years ago, claiming “Ghostbusters” infringed on the copyright of Huey Lewis and the News’ hit “I Want a New Drug.”
The settlement agreement Lewis and Parker reached for that lawsuit in 1995 banned them from revealing any information that was not included in a press release they jointly issued at the time. The press release stated that the matter had been “amicably resolved.”
Parker’s lawsuit quotes Lewis (born Hugh Cregg) saying on “Behind the Music”: “The offensive part was not so much that Ray Parker Jr. had ripped this song off, it was kind of symbolic of an industry that wants something — they wanted our wave, and they wanted to buy it. … [I]t’s not for sale. … In the end, I suppose they were right. I suppose it was for sale, because, basically, they bought it.”
That money was paid to resolve the lawsuit was protected by the confidentiality agreement, Parker claims.

The lawsuit states that the confidentiality agreement was “directly related to [Parker’s] comfort, happiness and welfare,” and that Lewis’ comments were “inflammatory and disparaging” and “false” and caused Parker emotional distress.

Parker is seeking an unspecified amount of compensatory and punitive damages as well as lawyer’s fees and “further relief as the Court deems just and proper.”
Huey Lewis’ lawyer, Gerry Margolis, said he could not offer comment when reached Friday evening (March 23). He said he had just received a copy of the suit and had not had a chance to review it fully.

#8914 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

RAY PARKER JR. SUING HUEY LEWIS OVER ‘GHOSTBUSTERS’ COMMENT
LAWSUIT, FILED THURSDAY, CLAIMS SINGER'S 'BEHIND THE MUSIC' COMMENTS BROKE EARLIER SUIT'S CONFIDENTIALITY AGREEMENT.
by TERI VANHORN
3/23/2001
Ray Parker Jr. is suing Huey Lewis over comments he made in his “Behind the Music” special, accusing the pop singer of breaking a confidentiality agreement concerning Parker’s 1984 hit “Ghostbusters.”
The suit, filed Thursday in Los Angeles Superior Court, states that Lewis breached the agreement by publicly discussing the lawsuit he filed against Parker 17 years ago, claiming “Ghostbusters” infringed on the copyright of Huey Lewis and the News’ hit “I Want a New Drug.”
The settlement agreement Lewis and Parker reached for that lawsuit in 1995 banned them from revealing any information that was not included in a press release they jointly issued at the time. The press release stated that the matter had been “amicably resolved.”
Parker’s lawsuit quotes Lewis (born Hugh Cregg) saying on “Behind the Music”: “The offensive part was not so much that Ray Parker Jr. had ripped this song off, it was kind of symbolic of an industry that wants something — they wanted our wave, and they wanted to buy it. … [I]t’s not for sale. … In the end, I suppose they were right. I suppose it was for sale, because, basically, they bought it.”
That money was paid to resolve the lawsuit was protected by the confidentiality agreement, Parker claims.
The lawsuit states that the confidentiality agreement was “directly related to [Parker’s] comfort, happiness and welfare,” and that Lewis’ comments were “inflammatory and disparaging” and “false” and caused Parker emotional distress.
Parker is seeking an unspecified amount of compensatory and punitive damages as well as lawyer’s fees and “further relief as the Court deems just and proper.”
Huey Lewis’ lawyer, Gerry Margolis, said he could not offer comment when reached Friday evening (March 23). He said he had just received a copy of the suit and had not had a chance to review it fully.

Can we all get together and file a class action lawsuit against Paul Feig for directing that crappy GB reboot, and completely screwing over the license? I blame him for ruining what could have been a pretty decent movie.

#8915 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Can we all get together and file a class action lawsuit against Paul Feig for directing that crappy GB reboot, and completely screwing over the license? I blame him for ruining what could have been a pretty decent movie.

So what where the bad parts to the flick? I mean other than it not being the original cast which wasn't going to happen.

#8916 8 years ago

I'm ready to give the movie a fair chance. Paul Feig is funny, he's working with some of the funniest people in the industry, and it's a franchise I love. I'm looking forward to it.

I JUST HOPE I HAVE MY PIN BEFORE THAT POINT.

#8917 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

You've seen it?

#8918 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

You've seen it?

We've seen enough.

#8919 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

So what where the bad parts to the flick? I mean other than it not being the original cast which wasn't going to happen.

Didn't have to be a reboot. New cast has taken over (think baby Oscar all grown up) the company, cameos from Ray, Peter, Winston.

Continuity.

Continuity.

Continuity.

#8920 8 years ago

This was taken from sterns websites description of ghost busters anyone know what this is referring to "In addition, the game features a modern take on a ball transfer target" is this the moving slimer?

#8921 8 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

This was taken from sterns websites description of ghost busters anyone know what this is referring to "In addition, the game features a modern take on a ball transfer target" is this the moving slimer?

No, that's the captive balls.

#8922 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Those balls are magnificent, and definitely are smooth and silky and have a great finish, I could literally eat off those balls.

If I had a nickel for every time I've heard that.

#8923 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

No, that's the captive balls.

How is this a modern take has this approach not been done before?

#8924 8 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

How is this a modern take has this approach not been done before?

Could it be the three balls on the left wrapping around the gate before resetting?

Has something like that been done before with captive balls?

#8925 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

You've seen it?

Have you seen the trailer? Its like an SNL parody of the license. Even down to the "street smart" stereotypically black lady.

#8926 8 years ago

I thought the second trailer i saw on batman v superman seemed much smarter, i'm looking forward to it now. Trailers lie. I try not to watch them any more, better to go in cold without expectations, it gives me a better experience. (please don't make me eat my words oh movie makers)

#8927 8 years ago

I am still looking forward to seeing it. I just watched Spy which is another Feig/McCarthy flick, and it was pretty funny.

I came to post that Ghostbusters is on the Chiller channel. GB2 up next.

#8932 8 years ago

Wait, where is this from?

#8933 8 years ago
Quoted from howdoyouafford:

I thought the second trailer i saw on batman v superman seemed much smarter, i'm looking forward to it now. Trailers lie. I try not to watch them any more, better to go in cold without expectations, it gives me a better experience. (please don't make me eat my words oh movie makers)

There is no 2nd trailer domestically. There is an international trailer with a few different scenes, but tonally the same.

#8934 8 years ago

are the speaker grills with a Logo?

#8935 8 years ago

Changed some wiring and presto! got one of these proton streams working!

GhostbustersLE2_(resized).jpgGhostbustersLE2_(resized).jpg

#8937 8 years ago

Where can I buy that mod?

#8938 8 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

GhostbustersLE2_(resized).jpg

Oh....I think I'll pass on that one.

#8939 8 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

What the Hell you doin...?

#8940 8 years ago

Take my money

#8941 8 years ago

Every time it goes off the neighborhood goes dark I'll bet.

#8942 8 years ago

Might be too big for a topper...
http://www.proton-pack.com/

#8943 8 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

Well, as long as it didn't discolor or distort the shooter lane, potential buyers may still be interested.

#8944 8 years ago

Could it be the three balls on the left wrapping around the gate before resetting?
Has something like that been done before with captive balls?

Yes, but I can't think of anything in any kind of modern setting.. there were some EM's, particularly Williams, that had a U shaped lane where the objective was to put all the balls on one side or the other to increase scoring.

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=640&picno=14207

#8945 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

that had a U shaped lane where the objective was to put all the balls on one side or the other to increase scoring.

Skylab style

#8946 8 years ago

I cracked. Put some of my collection piece JAMMA games up for sale, told my distributor I'd take a Premium.

#8947 8 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

Turn the stream around and mod the S/W so when someone continually hits both of the flipper buttons simultaneously...ZAP...problem solved.

Robert

#8948 8 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Turn the stream around and mod the S/W so when someone continually hits both of the flipper buttons simultaneously...ZAP...problem solved.

Done...

wiring_(resized).jpgwiring_(resized).jpg

#8949 8 years ago

Orlando Florida $2300 Slimer
Gods & Monsters
Sales guy said they are going to make cheaper versions in the near future.

20160401_170716_(resized).jpg20160401_170716_(resized).jpg

20160401_170148_(resized).jpg20160401_170148_(resized).jpg

20160401_170141_(resized).jpg20160401_170141_(resized).jpg

20160401_170519_(resized).jpg20160401_170519_(resized).jpg

#8950 8 years ago

Orlando Florida $2300 Slimer
Gods & Monsters
Sales guy said they are going to make cheaper versions in the near future.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
15,699 (OBO)
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/179?hl=ball_shine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.