IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 177 of 360.
#8801 8 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

...after looking at Hobbit I'm not 100% convinced I'm going to stay with it. I might just wait for Pat Lawlors game.

20160329_145244.jpg

So.....around the year 2021 or so?

#8802 8 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

It could also be more like this:
After you easily collect 40 ghosts you have to do the video mode for the millionth time. (Or exit it again)
Then, after playing "who brought the dog" or one of the three first required steps in each ladder again,
you'll need to get the locks and make it up the monster steep "ball buster" ramp three times.
Having finally made it to multiball, the magnetic slings "do tricks" like throw your balls in the outlines or SDTM!
During multiball, the magnets are throwing the balls everywhere uncontrollably while you are trying to get up the ball buster ramp to collect jackpots because that's the point of the game.
After a few 100 games, you are frustrated, because you want to play "real" pinball and not have the game control the balls so much. You move on to another title like the other annoyed owners.
A required sale and small monitary loss later, you go back to traditional slings, and begin enjoying pinball again.

Or it could be more like this:

Play game and have fun and stop being a little bitch, enjoy innovative features and adapt unique playing style, and increase skill on that particular machine to have more fun.

I did that with my TWD after wanting to throw it in the dumpster for the first couple weeks, now it's the one pin I think I'll never sell.

#8803 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Looks like Pro shipments are pushed back a couple weeks.
This is from IFPA for launch party info.
"UPDATED – The date Stern is targeting is April 29th-May 1st weekend or later. April 15th and 22nd weekends are no longer an option."

Bummer. I was looking forward to some Ghostbuster action sooner than that. Wonder what the holdup is? Would they hold back worldwide rollout to catch up on inventory due to popularity? or is there a production problem?

#8805 8 years ago

I am really not surprised by the delay been guessing late April early may for awhile now. I just hope it doesn't have anything to do with a major production flaw. Still can't wait to see prem/LE in action.

#8806 8 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

After you easily collect 40 ghosts you have to do the video mode for the millionth time. (Or exit it again)
Then, after playing "who brought the dog" or one of the three first required steps in each ladder again,
you'll need to get the locks and make it up the monster steep "ball buster" ramp three times.
Having finally made it to multiball, the magnetic slings "do tricks" like throw your balls in the outlines or SDTM!
During multiball, the magnets are throwing the balls everywhere uncontrollably while you are trying to get up the ball buster ramp to collect jackpots because that's the point of the game.
After a few 100 games, you are frustrated, because you want to play "real" pinball and not have the game control the balls so much. You move on to another title like the other annoyed owners.
A required sale and small monitary loss later, you go back to traditional slings, and begin enjoying pinball again.

Are you off your meds again.

#8807 8 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

I am really not surprised by the delay been guessing late April early may for awhile now. I just hope it doesn't have anything to do with a major production flaw. Still can't wait to see prem/LE in action.

Yeah, my dealer/distributor was saying early April, and to me that just felt too ambitious to be true. I was trying not to get my hopes up too much and set myself up for disappointment. This sorta stuff makes me feel like a kid on Christmas morning!

#8808 8 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Is that you Jack? Getting nervous over there? Lawlor's game late? 2018?

#8809 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Is that you Jack? Getting nervous over there? Lawlor's game late? 2018?

Is that you Gary?

#8810 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#8811 8 years ago

2018 ? That's a little early for a JJP release don't you think?

#8812 8 years ago

When I was at the factory they told me there was a supply constraint around playfields, so this is likely the holdup. He said it was ok to mention this I think it had to do with the weather and curing time etc... so hopefully with the warmer weather headed in that will help.

#8813 8 years ago

TSPP and LOTR don't have video modes. Why does GB have to have video mode!?

#8814 8 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

it doesn't. Turn it off in the settings if you don't like it.

#8815 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Turn it off in the settings if you don't like it.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#8816 8 years ago

After a long and painful wait while my distributor waited for confirmation on the number he was receiving, I've just been told I have an LE. I better start clearing some space (while working on a way of breaking the news to my wife).

#8817 8 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Move along....

#8818 8 years ago

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#8819 8 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

image_(resized).png

Image-1_(resized).pngImage-1_(resized).png

#8820 8 years ago

Do people actually enjoy videomodes?

#8821 8 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

It's about his contrast trolling against GB.

#8822 8 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Yeah quite a bit of people. I thin kit might be a sweet spot of people growing up in the 90s DMD era. In general I hear the most complaints from people before, or after that segment.

#8823 8 years ago

Enough about anything related to JJP. Let's keep it to GB. It's OK not to post if you have nothing to say related to GB.

GB LE art rules!!

#8824 8 years ago

Did you realize that the ghostbusters song sounds like "I want a new drug" by Huey Lewis?

#8825 8 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Did you realize that the ghostbusters song sounds like "I want a new drug" by Huey Lewis?

You have no facts to back that up sir!

#8826 8 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Better than the broken record that you sound like.

#8827 8 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

No, they don't. That's why I asked WHY?

#8828 8 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

I think so, and if not, what's the point of all the demand for colordmd and LCD screens?

#8829 8 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I think so, and if not, what's the point of all the demand for colordmd and LCD screens?

I pray it's not for more videomodes.

#8830 8 years ago

Personally, I love video modes...Junkyard being my favorite.
For the exact reasons others dont like, Old farts like me would like a minute to catch our breath,
avoid a coronary, and play a little vid.

As long as you can turn these off or cancel them, I think its great to have a choice!

#8831 8 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Because they look great! Take LOTR for example. The detail the color brings out in the animations is fantastic as compared to the mono-colored alternative, even at the resolution of a DMD.

I would bet on Color DMD eventually making a display for GB. It just takes one capable owner who is willing to colorize his game and Color DMD making their hardware compatible with Spike.

#8833 8 years ago

I'm not a fan of most video modes, but the risk/reward aspect of this one makes it fine with me. Video modes that you can just memorize the timing on or they become brainlessly easy over time are no good. This one should be fun.

#8834 8 years ago

Quoted from TheLaw:

You have no facts to back that up sir!

#8835 8 years ago

Those two songs do not remind me of each other. There is much more to a successful pop song than the rift.

#8836 8 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I'm not a fan of most video modes, but the risk/reward aspect of this one makes it fine with me. Video modes that you can just memorize the timing on or they become brainlessly easy over time are no good. This one should be fun.

Isn't the videomode in GB pure memorization though? I keep hearing that it's not just random luck and there is a pattern.

#8837 8 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Isn't the videomode in GB pure memorization though? I keep hearing that it's not just random luck and there is a pattern.

Maybe in the beta code. Who knows when it ships?

#8838 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Personally, I love video modes...Junkyard being my favorite.
For the exact reasons others dont like, Old farts like me would like a minute to catch our breath,
avoid a coronary, and play a little vid.
As long as you can turn these off or cancel them, I think its great to have a choice!

That's cool man. Enjoy your game.

#8839 8 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Might not stay with GB, or TH?
I played TH LE at TPF and the back left VUK was struggling a few times while I played. Had to pop the ball several times before it made the turn to get to the ramp. It's a bummer that little setting tweaks and playing issues are still popping up on JJP games, they make a great looking product, and TH plays a lot better than WOZ.
I'm just waiting for my call for my GB, which will be delayed I guess.

I've (also) toyed with the idea of bailing on a Hobbit SE and trying to get someone's GBLE. That said, that consideration was more around themes and my gameroom usage than these games themselves. (I guess I'm going to have to settle for a GB Premium and keep HobbitSE too: 1st world problem)

That said and not to derail the GBNess of this thread with JJPness: those little setting tweaks on JJP games are really minor. I keep my WOZ extra steep, everything waxed and fast and I noticed when I did this, the ball on the left VUK to a wireform near the ball would hop the wireform most of the time. Simple enough to just dial an individual coil up or down in settings. The folks should have done that with the back left VUK you described here. I don't know why people don't take the extra ten minutes to play a couple of test games and tweak a game correctly for it's current location, pitch and area.

#8840 8 years ago

Great job cracking that 40 year old court case!

#8841 8 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Why not? The video mode in GB is related to a real test in the movie and sounds like fun.

Stop it with all of the negative waves

#8842 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Those two songs do not remind me of each other.

Are you deaf? Or just have a confirmation bias?

#8843 8 years ago

Balanced views are critical. I like parts of the game. Others, not so much.

#8844 8 years ago

double post

#8845 8 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

They sound nothing a like in my opinion and even if they do to some what's the big deal? The case was settled out of court decades ago.

#8846 8 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Are you just looking to be an troll?

Shoo. Move along.

#8847 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The case was settled out of court decades ago.

What?

Tell us more.

#8848 8 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

I do.

#8849 8 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Some I do, some not so much.

#8850 8 years ago
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

15,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 49.95
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 103.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 177 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/177 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.