IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 360.
#8751 8 years ago

What's a good price for a Premium?

#8752 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What's a good price for a Premium?

2500 shipped

#8753 8 years ago

Okay, I'll try again... What's a realistic, good price for a Premium?

#8754 8 years ago

$6700(ish)

#8755 8 years ago

That includes shipping

#8756 8 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

That includes shipping

bargain basement price.

#8757 8 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

That includes shipping

dupe....doh!

#8758 8 years ago

Just wondering why the GBLE doesn't say sold out on the stern site? Others like TWDLE are listed as sod out.
Just curious.

#8759 8 years ago

Could just not be updated or possibly couple are available over seas

#8760 8 years ago
Quoted from Ball_Shine:

Just wondering why the GBLE doesn't say sold out on the stern site? Others like TWDLE are listed as sod out.
Just curious.

Yeah I remember Stern taking shit in the past from distributors who had not yet officially sold out yet Stern was saying the game was sold out.

I am sure distributors would be happy to put people on a waiting list as inevitably some earlier orders may change their order later to something else. So really can't be officially sold out until all money received in full and all games shipped.

#8761 8 years ago

I wouldn't be surprised to see another "collectors"edition of GB announced.

#8762 8 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I wouldn't be surprised to see another "collectors"edition of GB announced.

OK I'll bite....how would it be different from the LE?

#8763 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

OK I'll bite....how would it be different from the LE?

Three letters LCD

#8765 8 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Damn I am really getting caught up in the hype now. Impulse buy from the Lego store. My kids love Lego but this was for me. Any idea where I can put it on my GBLE?

Quoted from Capinball:

Right on top, next to the firehouse.

I have to admit I walked by the Lego store and saw the Ghostbusters items in the window and had to have them. I was thinking what the hell am I doing buying a Lego set with all these kids running around the store but I bought the Firehouse and Ecto-1 anyways and I have to admit I really enjoyed putting them together. I like it so much I moved to building the Technic Legos and have now built the Volvo Tractor (remote Control) and the MKII Crane. I also have the Mercedes truck in a box to build sometime. I am a little hooked on the Legos but don't want to do too many because not sure what do with them all. The firehouse is expensive but it is really cool and fun to build.

#8766 8 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I have to admit I walked by the Lego store and saw the Ghostbusters items in the window and had to have them. I was thinking what the hell am I doing buying a Lego set with all these kids running around the store but I bought the Firehouse and Ecto-1 anyways and I have to admit I really enjoyed putting them together. I like it so much I moved to building the Technic Legos and have now built the Volvo Tractor (remote Control) and the MKII Crane. I also have the Mercedes truck in a box to build sometime. I am a little hooked on the Legos but don't want to do too many because not sure what do with them all. The firehouse is expensive but it is really cool and fun to build.

Yeah I was gonna buy the firehouse but for that much money what am I going to do with it after? If I had a good idea I would go for it. The Ecto I figure can find a spot easily enough.

#8767 8 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Three letters LCD

As much as I'd love an LCD on GB, that would be a kick in the teeth to everyone who bought an LE. Mostly because they said you wouldn't be able to upgrade to their Spike 2.0 LCD display system, so it would devalue the existing LE's big time. They decided to make it a DMD game unfortunately, so it should stay DMD, and if you want color- hopefully ColorDMD pulls through for it. At least that's my opinion.

#8768 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

As much as I'd love an LCD on GB, that would be a kick in the teeth to everyone who bought an LE. Mostly because they said you wouldn't be able to upgrade to their Spike 2.0 LCD display system, so it would devalue the existing LE's big time. They decided to make it a DMD game unfortunately, so it should stay DMD, and if you want color- hopefully ColorDMD pulls through for it. At least that's my opinion.

I agree with all of that it would definitely be a kick to the teeth but money talks whose to say in 5 years they don't do a vault edition with different art and a LCD .........

#8769 8 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

I agree with all of that it would definitely be a kick to the teeth but money talks whose to say in 5 years they don't do a vault edition with different art and a LCD .........

I'm ok with that. The LE will still be unique and limited to 500 units then. But yeah if they remade with a color LCD I'd be butt hurt

#8770 8 years ago

It all depends on the price, if they would make a GBLEVE with color dmd and updated art for 12K I think no GBLE owner is going to be upset. That is IF they make it.
I have a Spiderman, then they came up with the VE edition, first thoughts where to sell mine and get the VE, but then there was the pricetag......Mine is 2.5K less for the same game, only different art, and I have been playing mine for a while now, still loving it. The VE looks good but not that good.

#8771 8 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

If we all speculated like this nobody would buy anything. Ffs

#8772 8 years ago
Quoted from Flake:

But none of us know anything more than you do. We haven't seen the slings work. All we know is that they're magnetic. We can speculate until the cows come home but until they show us gameplay on a prem/LE we can only guess based on the pro and some theorizing.

thanks for your answer,when do you think we may be able to see LE's video ?

#8773 8 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

and honestly, would it effect how you like, or dislike of this version any more or less? I have LOTR from the 5th release. Didn't feel bad in the slightest for the LE. If they did a VE still wouldn't care. I still have attachment to mine. With my AC/DC I could have changed over to a lucy for the same price, when it came out. I didn't. Kept mine, because I had enough invested in the customizing in mine, that I didn't want to convert. I'm content with the one I have.

#8774 8 years ago

And if a colo(u)r special edition re-release comes out in x amount of years, a colorDMD will most probably already be available, so they won't look much different anyway. I have an AC/DC and Metallica Pro and even though the LED Pro editions look nice, I'm still content with my machines. I've added LEDs and mods to make them unique in their own way. I also have the option to buy a ColorDMD. Win Win for everyone!

#8775 8 years ago

Stern can take their sweet time on LCD in my opinion, the stuff I've seen so far in the pin world using that display tech reminds me of cheap 99 pence mobile games or flash animations from 2008. I really do wish they'd gone to colour DMD though.

Still waiting to see footage of these magnetic slings, they could be cool or they could totally ruin the game - check out Jack Danger's video of the Pro model at the Stern factory, the sling action is pretty insane side to side sometimes, that dynamic could be completely different.

#8777 8 years ago
Quoted from system11:

Still waiting to see footage of these magnetic slings, they could be cool or they could totally ruin the game - check out Jack Danger's video of the Pro model at the Stern factory, the sling action is pretty insane side to side sometimes, that dynamic could be completely different.

I sure hope so. All my other pins have normal slings. Time for a change on this pin

#8778 8 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

I sure hope so. All my other pins have normal slings. Time for a change on this pin

The innovation on GB premium / LE is what I'm excited most about the game. Magnetic slings, a large slick looking steel ramp that drops below the playfield where balls can either be diverted underneath the playfield into a physical 3 ball lock and ejected at a scoop or return to the right flipper, and the peppers ghost Ecto Goggles toy. All 3 of those items have never been on a pin before.

Then toss in the moving Slimer toy, 2 captive ball mechs with one being a 3 ball captive ball mech, original hand drawn artwork, custom callouts, a deep objetive based ruleset, 2 scoop shots, double inlanes on each side, sweet looking molded toys, etc and hot damn GB is shaping up to be an incredible pin

I don't think magnetic slings would work well on just any title. John Trudeau mentioned that they work well for Ghostbusters as the ghosts are trying to screw with the balls. That sounds cool. I can't see it working for a game like GOT or LOTR. For GB though the magnetic slings fit the theme. I just like that they do something different then kick the ball back and forth in the same pattern we have all been used to for over 50 years, lol.

#8779 8 years ago

My worry is - slingshots have become a skill based element of play - you can use them, avoid them, the end results of landing on a sling are somewhat predictable and in control of the player. Is a magnet going to randomise them a lot more? Is it going to result in more or less side drains? Will it cause premature playfield wear by pulling the ball harder onto the paint? Didn't seem to be a problem on TZ mini playfield but those were low power and the finish back then seems to have been a lot stronger than it is now. These question marks (particularly the wear one) are the reason I haven't pulled the trigger on one.

#8780 8 years ago
Quoted from system11:

My worry is - slingshots have become a skill based element of play - you can use them, avoid them, the end results of landing on a sling are somewhat predictable and in control of the player. Is a magnet going to randomise them a lot more? Is it going to result in more or less side drains? Will it cause premature playfield wear by pulling the ball harder onto the paint? Didn't seem to be a problem on TZ mini playfield but those were low power and the finish back then seems to have been a lot stronger than it is now. These question marks (particularly the wear one) are the reason I haven't pulled the trigger on one.

No worries here. I have no wear on my ToM from the magnets. I'm in for the GB LE!!

#8781 8 years ago

The only game I've owned with a magnet which was under the wood rather than poking through, was BK2K. Wear spots on that magnasave are so common they made a decal for it. Obviously that's pulling and holding the ball in one spot, maybe these result in less downward pressure.

I'm really 50/50 on selling a bunch of my more valuable arcade games and getting a GB Premium, this is one of the things making it 50/50. I'd really like to see them in action, just a short video.

#8782 8 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I love building the technic sets. I usually sell them after. You can usually get most of your money back. If you wait for the sets to retire you can get it all back, even make some money in certain sets. The MKII has really gone up since it retired in january.

#8784 8 years ago
Quoted from system11:

The only game I've owned with a magnet which was under the wood rather than poking through, was BK2K. Wear spots on that magnasave are so common they made a decal for it. Obviously that's pulling and holding the ball in one spot, maybe these result in less downward pressure.
I'm really 50/50 on selling a bunch of my more valuable arcade games and getting a GB Premium, this is one of the things making it 50/50. I'd really like to see them in action, just a short video.

Quoted from system11:

I agree but the good news is the Pro, while it doesn't have the 2 most interesting features making me want the premium ( Ecto Glasses mainly and the subway setup ) looks like it will still be a great pin. The only flaw I can see in the Pro is the 2 way ramp, it's too bad they couldn't have that right ramp like in the Premium but I suppose that was due to the fact there was no room. No matter what way I decide to go with this purchase I'm certain it will be a great pin and my 1st NIB.

#8785 8 years ago

The pro has a way better cabinet than the LE or Premium but I'm a feature whore. I wonder if you can special order them: "Hey Stern, please stick Pro decals and translite in my cabinet instead of Premium".

#8786 8 years ago

I'm just concerned about the rules.

#8787 8 years ago
Quoted from system11:

The pro has a way better cabinet than the LE or Premium but I'm a feature whore. I wonder if you can special order them: "Hey Stern, please stick Pro decals and translite in my cabinet instead of Premium".

I had the same thought. Money talks, if they are willing to charge a fee to set aside a special number on an LE than they should be able to do some special request. I would spend an extra $100-$200 to have the pro cabinet art on the premium. They will probably never do it because it kinda bastardizes their Pro/Premium/LE versions already advertised.

#8788 8 years ago

Looks like Pro shipments are pushed back a couple weeks.

This is from IFPA for launch party info.

"UPDATED – The date Stern is targeting is April 29th-May 1st weekend or later. April 15th and 22nd weekends are no longer an option."

#8789 8 years ago

What's the ship date for Premium/LE?

#8790 8 years ago
Quoted from system11:

The finish back then (Diamond coat) was NOT stronger than the clearcoat of today.

Burn only occurs if the magnets lock in the on position, which doesn't happen with modern games because they have fuses to prevent this.

As far as "extra" wear, just keep the area well waxed. It's wide open and easy to wax.

#8791 8 years ago

I am also chomping at the bit to see the pre/le in action due to the magnetic slings. I just can't wrap my brain around how they could work without negative side effects, but I am hoping to be dazzled. If they actually detract from the gameplay, I may want to downgrade to a pro. This is by far my biggest GB concern.

#8792 8 years ago

Heaven forbid we get a wear spot on a pinball machine

#8793 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

The finish back then (Diamond coat) was NOT stronger than the clearcoat of today.
Burn only occurs if the magnets lock in the on position, which doesn't happen with modern games because they have fuses to prevent this.
As far as "extra" wear, just keep the area well waxed. It's wide open and easy to wax.

JT had also mention that they may put a layer of Mylar around the sling area.

#8794 8 years ago

Went to Marvelous Marvins yesterday to play the Hobbit. It was turned off. I turned it on and it showed the game had 4 dollars in credits and to press the Start button. Pressed the start button and game wouldn't start. One of the workers said she played it a couple times and the ball would get stuck on the right wire form ramp just about 6 inches above the right slingshot. Kind of bummed as I have one on order as well as a GB.

I love GB, but after looking at Hobbit I'm not 100% convinced I'm going to stay with it. I might just wait for Pat Lawlors game.

20160329_145244.jpg20160329_145244.jpg

#8795 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

JT had also mention that they may put a layer of Mylar around the sling area.

I hope not. Not a fan of Mylar. I'd rather just keep it waxed myself.

#8796 8 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

One of the workers said she played it a couple times and the ball would get stuck on the right wire form ramp just about 6 inches above the right slingshot.

odd that they did not have the keys to open it up and fix this simple issue.

#8797 8 years ago

They're aren't tech's they have someone on the outside come in and work on them.

#8798 8 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Went to Marvelous Marvins yesterday to play the Hobbit. It was turned off. I turned it on and it showed the game had 4 dollars in credits and to press the Start button. Pressed the start button and game wouldn't start. One of the workers said she played it a couple times and the ball would get stuck on the right wire form ramp just about 6 inches above the right slingshot. Kind of bummed as I have one on order as well as a GB.
I love GB, but after looking at Hobbit I'm not 100% convinced I'm going to stay with it. I might just wait for Pat Lawlors game.

20160329_145244.jpg

Might not stay with GB, or TH?

I played TH LE at TPF and the back left VUK was struggling a few times while I played. Had to pop the ball several times before it made the turn to get to the ramp. It's a bummer that little setting tweaks and playing issues are still popping up on JJP games, they make a great looking product, and TH plays a lot better than WOZ.

I'm just waiting for my call for my GB, which will be delayed I guess.

#8799 8 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Might not stay with GB, or TH?
I played TH LE at TPF and the back left VUK was struggling a few times while I played. Had to pop the ball several times before it made the turn to get to the ramp. It's a bummer that little setting tweaks and playing issues are still popping up on JJP games, they make a great looking product, and TH plays a lot better than WOZ.
I'm just waiting for my call for my GB, which will be delayed I guess.

I'm staying with GB, might not with TH

#8800 8 years ago

It could also be more like this:

After you easily collect 40 ghosts you have to do the video mode for the millionth time. (Or exit it again)
Then, after playing "who brought the dog" or one of the three first required steps in each ladder again,
you'll need to get the locks and make it up the monster steep "ball buster" ramp three times.
Having finally made it to multiball, the magnetic slings "do tricks" like throw your balls in the outlines or SDTM!
During multiball, the magnets are throwing the balls everywhere uncontrollably while you are trying to get up the ball buster ramp to collect jackpots because that's the point of the game.

After a few 100 games, you are frustrated, because you want to play "real" pinball and not have the game control the balls so much. You move on to another title like the other annoyed owners.
A required sale and small monitary loss later, you go back to traditional slings, and begin enjoying pinball again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/176 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.