IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 360.
#8651 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Sorry if this has been covered in this thread.
I love the artwork but I have a question... I know since there are 2 inlanes on each side, they had to make room by replacing the wood piece on the left side with a metal piece. From the prototypes and the flyer, it looks like they didn't adjust the artwork in that area and it just ends with a lot of wood showing. Any idea if that will be changed on the production runs like the other errors found in the prototypes?

Go to page 169, post #8410, nice picture that you can zoom in on and see.

#8652 8 years ago

I don't understand why would you change flippers length ? the game is design to have a bigger gap. Unless the playing experience is terrible I will respect the gap and improve my skills.

#8653 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Go to page 169, post #8410, nice picture that you can zoom in on and see.

Unfortunately on that pic, the only thing really obscured is the left outlane.

#8654 8 years ago

tmp4iSgPY_(resized).jpgtmp4iSgPY_(resized).jpg

#8655 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Unfortunately on that pic, the only thing really obscured is the left outlane.

I know your only joking. If it's on the right it will be on the left.

#8656 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

tmp4iSgPY_(resized).jpg

You mean your NOT buying the game.

#8657 8 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

You will probably also

No way baby,

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

These pipes are CLEEEEEEAAAANNNNNN!!!*

*If you don't count that delicious steak from Heroe's we had a while back... lol

#8658 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You mean your NOT buying the game.

Oh yeah, and that too. I'll be buying.

#8660 8 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Millions of people around the world believe we have been visited in the past by extraterrestrial beings. What if it were true? Did ancient aliens really help to shape our history? And if so, might their be an extraterrestrial connection behind the secrets of the Ghost Busters pinball machine?

WHAT THA F**k ?!!!!!!!!

#8661 8 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

People say GB is Fast and brutal
Those who played it, can you compare it to Acdc
Thanks

I don't like ACDC but I love GB. GB seems WAY faster than ACDC and it is waaaay more fun. I am not a stern guy but I am up for a premium GB only because the LE was sold out.

#8662 8 years ago

I designed a mod a while back and not sure if it can still be used but has a cool led to light up the GB sign on both sides - the target is there just for size perspective. It could possibly be on the side of the firestation and over hang the lhs ramp and have got a cool little mount concept sketched up for easy placement, - no bolts, tape, glue

12a_(resized).jpg12a_(resized).jpg
P1120664_(resized).JPGP1120664_(resized).JPG
P1120665_(resized).JPGP1120665_(resized).JPG

#8663 8 years ago

oops, never mind.

#8664 8 years ago

This is from the factory video. Looks like there is still wood on left on production unit.

Screen_Shot_2016-03-28_at_12.06.00_am_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-03-28_at_12.06.00_am_(resized).png

#8665 8 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Millions of people around the world believe we have been visited in the past by extraterrestrial beings. What if it were true? Did ancient aliens really help to shape our history? And if so, might their be an extraterrestrial connection behind the secrets of the Ghost Busters pinball machine?

You nailed it! The truth is that Gary Stern is really AN ALIEN! Now if we can just figure out what planet....

#8666 8 years ago
Quoted from focusmediagroup:

This is from the factory video. Looks like there is still wood on left on production unit.

Screen_Shot_2016-03-28_at_12.06.00_am_(resized).png

I spoke with a guy at Stern, and he explained why the bare wood is shown.

It is due to the metal lane wall (that is typically wood) being so thin so accommodate double in lanes, that it was outside the printing margins that the playfield printer company uses.

I asked if there was plans to install a plastic cover or anything else and he said no. It will most likely require this empty space for the cross the streams add on accessory that will mount in that area.

#8667 8 years ago

Playing a Big Buck Hunter Pro the other day, I couldn't help but notice that it seemed to also have a metal wall on the left? http://ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=5513&picno=51954

Due to double inlanes on the right?

#8668 8 years ago

Tron also has a metal wall on the left. And Tron also has wood showing there, however the wood portion is much thinner then what appears to be on Ghostbusters.

#8669 8 years ago

Interesting that the answer is just that the printer can't do it. You'd think they would come up with something. I guess we'll see what's left of the bare wood when the suspected proton pack add-ons are revealed. Maybe someone will create a sticker or plastic mod to cover it up.

I think I noticed a metal wall on X-Men as well.

#8670 8 years ago

Well now we know why Stern don't do wide bodies.

#8671 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Interesting that the answer is just that the printer can't do it. You'd think they would come up with something. I guess we'll see what's left of the bare wood when the suspected proton pack add-ons are revealed. Maybe someone will create a sticker or plastic mod to cover it up.
I think I noticed a metal wall on X-Men as well.

It's not that there is a metal wall.. it's that it's a double inlane on BOTH sides and the outlane.. making them remove the wood on both sides.

It's interesting that the playfield companies don't have a wider screen printing setup. Clearly CCC has had them in the past.

But I think the whole thing is a 'big woop' ...

#8672 8 years ago

do we have ANY idea what the proton streams would do? Seems like a pretty aggressive 'mod'...Would need code and hardware to work...Kind of thinking its a final boss battle with slimer or something?

#8673 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

do we have ANY idea what the proton streams would do? Seems like a pretty aggressive 'mod'...Would need code and hardware to work...Kind of thinking its a final boss battle with slimer or something?

Would be the first mod stern ever got my money for... Can't wait to see what it does

#8674 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

I think it would be cool if the mod offered additional code to take advantage of it. That would be along the lines of an expansion pack which I'm fine with as long as the core game has deep and completed code.

If Stern does start to offer aftermarket interactive mods then we are entering a new pinball era where companies could potentially take away features they would otherwise include in the base game and essentially offer it as "DLC" (downloadable content). This has happens in video games all the time and some companies are better at it then others by making the base game offer a lot of value. Sadly other companies seem to hold back more missions, stories etc and offer it as DLC which is wrong.

I can't really knock Stern for offering an aftermarket mod for GB that could include additional code as the base game already offers so much, especially on the premium / LE. If they pulled the same thing on say GOT I can see a lot of people being pissed as the base game is rather sparse compared to GB.

#8675 8 years ago

Does someone have a pic of the proton stream add on. I woud love to see it.

#8676 8 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Does someone have a pic of the proton stream add on. I woud love to see it.

None out yet.

#8677 8 years ago

Man this wood thing is terrible I am canceling my order!

Woodgate!

#8678 8 years ago

This game has many ways to drain your balls but Sigourney Weaver is not one of them.

#8679 8 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

This game has many ways to drain your balls but Sigourney Weaver is not one of them.

This is pure propaganda

#8680 8 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Man this wood thing is terrible I am canceling my order!
Woodgate!

TBH, I'm not even sure what we are looking at....

#8681 8 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Fun nee stuff.

#8682 8 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

TBH, I'm not even sure what we are looking at....

I think we're talking about the art not extending all the way to the rail on the left outlane?

pasted_image_(resized).pngpasted_image_(resized).png

#8683 8 years ago

Yes thats whats ill the talk it about, and frankly who cares! Looks fine to me, thing is made of wood I am ok with seeing a little wood

#8684 8 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Yes thats whats ill the talk it about, and frankly who cares! Looks fine to me, thing is made of wood I am ok with seeing a little wood

Wait until the people complaining about that see the shooter lane.

#8685 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

I think we're talking about the art not extending all the way to the rail on the left outlane?

pasted_image_(resized).png

Huh, oh, ok... thanks!

Quoted from Mando:

I don't think I would have noticed as it took 20 pages for me to finally see this...

Thanks!

#8686 8 years ago

Anybody in US/Canada in on a Pro and have any insight on when they'll start shipping here? As of March 15, the distributor I am buying from said the 1st or 2nd week of April (which seemed ambitious), but I've heard chatter of late April as well. Anybody heard anything concrete?

#8687 8 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Anybody heard anything concrete?

Hope this helps.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#8688 8 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Anybody in US/Canada in on a Pro and have any insight on when they'll start shipping here? As of March 15, the distributor I am buying from said the 1st or 2nd week of April (which seemed ambitious), but I've heard chatter of late April as well. Anybody heard anything concrete?

Stern posted some Facebook pics showing a bunch of populated playfields lined up and others already in cabinets. The first or second week of April for pros shipping doesn't sound unreasonable.

#8689 8 years ago

Well, Stern is hoping to have the launch party tournaments start running mid-April, so shipping must be starting next week on those first wave Pros. I don't know what that means for my LE's shipping estimate, but probably a good week or two later at the earliest.

#8690 8 years ago

hi anybody know something about the mag slingshot ?

#8691 8 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

so shipping must be starting next week on those first wave Pros.

That's what I've heard...and many months for those premium buyers.

#8692 8 years ago
Quoted from chatplume51:

hi anybody know something about the mag slingshot ?

I hear they're steep as hell and going to ruin the game.

#8693 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

I hear they're steep as hell and going to ruin the game.

Interesting I saw a Q&A with Stern and it is true the ramp & mags are so steep they can't be hit, BUT the game itself is designed only to be placed at a 3.5 degree pitch...so it all works out in the end!

#8694 8 years ago

so the pro could a better choice,no ?

#8695 8 years ago
Quoted from chatplume51:

I would speculate all day with you because I'm excited for the game and there's nothing else to talk about until they start shipping out, but without seeing 3 seconds of the Prem/LE in action there's just nothing to talk about yet.

#8696 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think it would be cool if the mod offered additional code to take advantage of it. That would be along the lines of an expansion pack which I'm fine with as long as the core game has deep and completed code.
If Stern does start to offer aftermarket interactive mods then we are entering a new pinball era where companies could potentially take away features they would otherwise include in the base game and essentially offer it as "DLC" (downloadable content). This has happens in video games all the time and some companies are better at it then others by making the base game offer a lot of value. Sadly other companies seem to hold back more missions, stories etc and offer it as DLC which is wrong.

As long as it doesnt turn into an "in-app purchase" scheme where you need to start buying "gems" to complete modes

#8697 8 years ago
Quoted from chatplume51:

Sure could. For me Pro has often been a better value wise.

#8698 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

I would speculate all day with you because I'm excited for the game and there's nothing else to talk about until they start shipping out, but without seeing 3 seconds of the Prem/LE in action there's just nothing to talk about yet.

ok i understand but i did an order for a pro but i wish to change it for a premium that's why i want to know

#8699 8 years ago

The premium is so much better than the pro and I heard the pro is already deeper than LOTR. Will definitely be in the top 1 of all time.

#8700 8 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

The premium is so much better than the pro and I heard the pro is already deeper than LOTR. Will definitely be in the top 1 of all time.

I can't tell if this is

but that would be great news if it were true because that means both pins will be spectacular; but don't you think it's too early to tell if the premium hasn't even been shown/played yet?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/174 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.