IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 360.
#8551 8 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

There are more. I just don't have the pics and there are more like the game. How about this from Star_Gazer from 6 months ago on page 4 of this thread... Nothing like anything stern is making either?
image_(resized).jpeg

But that topper design is a no brainer. And it's not like star gazer designed this. It was taken from the images from the movie. If anyone designed the topper it would want to look like the one from the movie or no one would buy it.

#8552 8 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

There are more. I just don't have the pics and there are more like the game. How about this from Star_Gazer from 6 months ago on page 4 of this thread... Nothing like anything stern is making either?

image_(resized).jpeg

Hmmmm. You've got me there. I feel like I've seen that before...

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#8553 8 years ago

If somebody makes a GB car topper that's interactive, I might consider it. The top of the car? No thanks

#8554 8 years ago

Damn does that look good and it may not even be the final production version. As far as toppers go I think its the best interactive topper to date.

You've said this a million times already. Makes me wonder who you are really trying to convince: us, or yourself?

#8555 8 years ago

Topper Discussion:

beating-a-dead-horse-[1]_(resized).jpgbeating-a-dead-horse-[1]_(resized).jpg

#8556 8 years ago
Quoted from Expletive:

You've said this a million times already. Makes me wonder who you are really trying to convince: us, or yourself?

I just think it looks cool and that quick video provided the best view of it so far. I've been a huge Ghostbusters fan my entire life, the pin looks amazing and the topper is just the icing on the cake. I'm pumped and can't help it, lol.

#8557 8 years ago

Trying to change subject from topper...Can anyone comment on the rules or strategies yet? Is it like TWD where u collect ghosts instead of zombies? What about the modes? How is mutiball? What is the concept for building jackpot and super jackpots?

#8558 8 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Trying to change subject from topper...Can anyone comment on the rules or strategies yet? Is it like TWD where u collect ghosts instead of zombies? What about the modes? How is mutiball? What is the concept for building jackpot and super jackpots?

I've heard there are 9 scene modes. The way these modes play seem similar to the modes in LOTR meaning the player needs to work the playfield by hitting various flashing shots. I've heard there are 5 multiball modes in the game but I do not know if that count includes or does not include the 2 wizard modes. There's also the Slimer mode, various hurry ups and a video mode.

You do collect ghosts as the lower inserts mentions them. At certain capture counts you unlock different modes as listed below.

20 ghosts: Light Tobins Spirit Guide
40 ghosts: Light Negative Reinforcement (the video modes)
60 ghosts: Light Loopin Supers
80 ghosts: Start PKE Frenzy
100 ghosts: Light Mass Hysteria Multiball

Below is the rules card. Like other pins everything rules / mode wise isn't on the card. Stern also posted a rules guide on their Facebook page.

58e0740756747ab26120f3aa0c1fbe03d80f5705_(resized).jpg58e0740756747ab26120f3aa0c1fbe03d80f5705_(resized).jpg

The 9 scene modes. Broken up into 3 different columns. From what I've read you cannot currently select any mode to start but do have control over what column of modes to play.

rules1_(resized).JPGrules1_(resized).JPG

Inserts for the capture ghost modes and the two wizard modes

rules2_(resized).JPGrules2_(resized).JPG

Overall the ruleset appears to be as deep as LOTR if not deeper in my opinion. Obviously we will have to wait and see how the code turns out after various updates to know how deep / complete the games rule really are.

#8559 8 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

image_(resized).jpeg

FYI - No intellectual property exists from people publicly spit-balling ideas.

#8560 8 years ago

Imagine if Slimer actually moves and roams around different places on the LE/Premium model. Having to aim and shoot for him in various locations could be a huge feature that is being overlooked. There's already so many great shots on the playfield, adding a roaming/dynamic bash target ups the value proposition of the full version of GB, big time. Pair that with the magnetic slings, ecto goggles, better ramps and subway lock, etc - it really seems like a bargain to have all those upgrades vs the Pro. The Pro will be a great way to get one in the door if on a limited budget, but on paper the full feature set seems ridiculous! Waiting for Prem/LE gameplay video is like waiting for the initial GB announcement again to me. I think it's going to be much better then people are expecting. At least I hope so!

#8561 8 years ago

I recall in one of the interviews with John Trudeau that he said the Slimer toy on the premium / LE hovers over the city above the pops and then moves to different shots on the playfield.

I think the Slimer toy on the premium / LE has the capability to move to any of the 4 shots in the pic below.

slimer_toy_(resized).jpgslimer_toy_(resized).jpg

#8562 8 years ago

I already like the way Slimer sort of floats vertically in the pro. If it floats similarly in the premium with added horizontal movement covering the area you've drawn, I think it's going to be a very cool and unique toy.

#8563 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Overall the ruleset appears to be as deep as LOTR if not deeper in my opinion.

Let's reel it in just a little until we play it. What makes a rule set is how everything fits together, not just how many rules there are. LOTR has 3 types of rings (ghosts), 5 multiballs all with unique ways to qualify and most with multiple stages, "final modes" to cap off all the main things you can do in the game (TaBA, Ring Frenzy, Destroy the Ring)...

IJ4 has a lot of modes and MBs (20!) and they're all boring and tedious to qualify. Not saying GB will be, but being lengthy and full of modes doesn't equal LOTR.

#8564 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I recall in one of the interviews with John Trudeau that he said the Slimer toy on the premium / LE hovers over the city above the pops and then moves to different shots on the playfield.
I think the Slimer toy on the premium / LE has the capability to move to any of the 4 shots in the pic below.
slimer_toy_(resized).jpg

This would be killer.. I feel it captures the elements of "catching a ghost" much better, having to hit Slimer as he moves around both vertically and horizontally. His moving up and down in one spot is really going to look simple if the Premium enhances this, because the gameplay could significantly change because of it, even more so then the Walker Bombs on TWD Prem. If that's the case, and the magnetic slings offer a big gameplay change and feel, then the Pro version is going to seem like a completely different game.

#8565 8 years ago

It looks like there are actually three wizard modes we came we saw we kicked its, were ready to believe you, and finally are you god i assume this will be similar to valinor on lotr?

#8566 8 years ago

I love coming to read this thread!

I am so F*@king Excited!

#8567 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I love coming to read this thread!
I am so F*@king Excited!

Me too. I love the ghost collection like Zombies!

And yes Slimer moves around to 4 diff positions on prem le

#8568 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Awesome! But don't you need to save the colander helmet for your friends to wear when they come over to play GB?

Hell, I wear it to the grocery. The blue hairs freak out when I ask if they are the gatekeeper.

#8569 8 years ago

That would be pretty cool if the slimer hides in the pops and comes out when activated. What a great toy.

#8570 8 years ago
Quoted from kypinguy:

Hell, I wear it to the grocery. The blue hairs freak out when I ask if they are the gatekeeper.

Sounds like fun until one of them says yes!

#8571 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Sounds like fun until one of them says yes!

I'll try anything twice.

#8572 8 years ago

It's always amazing to see what might be beautiful to someone is really ugly to someone else.

Personaly I really and honnestly think the Slimer LE is ugly. No bs here even if they made 100 LE I would never allow that into my game room unless I was buying it to flip it asap with a profit.

Thumb me down if you feel like it, it's just my opinion

#8573 8 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

It's always amazing to see what might be beautiful to someone is really ugly to someone else.
Personaly I really and honnestly think the Slimer LE is ugly. No bs here even if they made 100 LE I would never allow that into my game room unless I was buying it to flip it asap with a profit.
Thumb me down if you feel like it, it's just my opinion

I like pretty much everything I have seen of the game so far, but I don't like the looks of the LE either. I do like the backbox sides, but other than that, too much green for me. I never saw Slimer as the star of the movies, so having him so prominently on the sides of the cab just looks weird to me. I am kind of glad I don't like it, otherwise I probably would've dropped a lot of cash for one.

#8574 8 years ago

What about backhanding the LE/Premium ramp, wonder if that will be an issue.

#8575 8 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

What about backhanding the LE/Premium ramp, wonder if that will be an issue.

KISS' right ramp looks like the best comparison to me. It's a tough ramp but possible to backhand.

#8576 8 years ago

I will say seeing the game in person the pro/premium art really compliments the playfield . Guess we will have to see how slimer looks in person as the pro looked better than in the pics !

#8577 8 years ago

I know there are critics of the Slimer LE art, I personally love it- but no one cares what my opinion is. As long as the 500 owners are happy with it, that's what matters. That is what is so great about having variety, Stern has given us 3 versions for this machine which is great for everyone. Remember, no one has seen the LE model in actual person and pictures of it outside of magazine shots. I still think the negative opinions will change over time once people see them in the wild.

It doesn't bother me, we are all entitled to our opinions, I just think the artwork on the LE is amazing- mostly because Slimer has always been the most well known ghost in the franchise, and it compliments the Slimer bash toy so well.

#8578 8 years ago

I understand why many would not like the LE artwork....Its Green, Its over the top, Its Got Green Slime and Slimer!

Its so freaking Radical and Ugly......I LOVE IT!

Actually, Im biased. The original Movie and Slimer holds many great Memories....

#8579 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I understand why many would not like the LE artwork....Its Green, Its over the top, Its Got Green Slime and Slimer!
Actually, Im biased. The original Movie and Slimer holds many great Memories....

Some are more worried about looks, than how it ties into the theme.

#8580 8 years ago
Quoted from kypinguy:

#8581 8 years ago

After playing it quite a bit at TPF I just put a deposit on a pro. My first nib, so stoked!

#8582 8 years ago

At first I wasn't big on the LE art but now it's my favorite of the bunch. It's so loud and crazy, and my kids LOVE Slimer from watching the cartoon so much.

#8583 8 years ago

OK, followed this for over 8000 posts.....Grabbed a ST, lol....Will wait six months and see if she's still King sh%t then, if so, ST out, GB in

#8584 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I know there are critics of the Slimer LE art, I personally love it- but no one cares what my opinion is. As long as the 500 owners are happy with it, that's what matters. That is what is so great about having variety, Stern has given us 3 versions for this machine which is great for everyone. Remember, no one has seen the LE model in actual person and pictures of it outside of magazine shots. I still think the negative opinions will change over time once people see them in the wild.
It doesn't bother me, we are all entitled to our opinions, I just think the artwork on the LE is amazing- mostly because Slimer has always been the most well known ghost in the franchise, and it compliments the Slimer bash toy so well.

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

And that's fine. To each his own. I pre-ordered the Premium cause the game looks freaking awesome. Art is one thing but the gaming comes first and I need all the LE toys. Lucky for me the premium has them, and will cost me less.

I would have prefered the Pro cabinet to the Premium cause I think it looks cooler. Even the translite, I think the Premium with burning Stay Puft is the worse. Can always switch it to a Pro later.

At least one thing concerning artwork is pretty much unanimous and that's the playfield. Considering taste is very subjective that's a homerun from Stern.

#8585 8 years ago

It's time to start a new thread.

An unboxing and actual gameplay thread!

Coming soon

#8586 8 years ago

I too like the Pro cabinet & translight a tad better than the Premium. However, I went with Premium.

#8587 8 years ago

How much extra are pinball refinery editions? I'd love a 'special' GB but the LE is the...wrong...kind of special....

#8588 8 years ago

So there are as many people that would prefer a new game wth female ghostbusters as prefer the pro...lol! Just saying...

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#8589 8 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

So there are as many people that would prefer a new game wth female ghostbusters as prefer the pro...lol! Just saying...

image_(resized).jpeg

I think that those 12% are just being funny and don't plan on buying the game. They're just messin with us.

#8590 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I wish they would have gone more into it than they did...dripping slime rail cuts would have been easy and fitting.
Also wish this would have had a fire button on it to capture ghosts with an exterior cab light effect.

Stoked to get my Ugly LE

#8591 8 years ago

Say what you want, we each have our own preferences, I love the LE, I think it looks way better than the plain cabinet on TWD LE. But it's all about taste.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#8592 8 years ago

Anyone have an idea on where to get a metal apron for these. I want to powder mine.

#8593 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Anyone have an idea on where to get a metal apron for these. I want to powder mine.

From the PinballNews.com pics it looks like the premium and LE come with a metal apron.

Update: The feature matrix for the premium / LE says "Powder coated steel bottom arch"

#8594 8 years ago

I have created some wild affects on TWD with UV LED Rails.......I wonder if this playfield will be UV Reactive?
Ive got piles of stuff from working on Predator.

#8595 8 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

image_(resized).jpeg

Even more now... switch one of the 'Pro' votes to 'LE' as I went LE after initially voting for Pro!

#8596 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I have created some wild affects on TWD with UV LED Rails.......I wonder if this playfield will be UV Reactive?
Ive got piles of stuff from working on Predator.

Arn't you afraid of color fade?

#8597 8 years ago
Quoted from Tseamans:

Say what you want, we each have our own preferences, I love the LE, I think it looks way better than the plain cabinet on TWD LE. But it's all about taste.

image_(resized).jpeg

You get 1 thumbs up for the love of the LE cab, but I'd give you another one for your avatar... love me some C37.

#8598 8 years ago

Just heard it's getting close....mwhahaha

#8599 8 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

At first I wasn't big on the LE art but now it's my favorite of the bunch. It's so loud and crazy, ...

This is exactly how I felt: didn't really like the LE art at first and would prefer Stay Puft as the theme verus Slimer... But that gaudy art grew on me and seeing the LE next to the Pro and Premium just made it stand out. Which is what I'm thinking will happen when I have it at home, and that's what I want with a dream theme like this. I really like all three, but had to go big on this one.

The LE art just seems right for an 80's theme... kinda like big hair.

#8600 8 years ago

The LE art with black armor would be great I really think its the green powder coat that puts people off, I do like the Pre the best out of the bunch but I can't see side art on my pins anyway.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/172 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.