IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 360.
#8451 8 years ago

JT designed the LE/Premium first so I'm sure the ramp is fine...may be tough to make if not hit directly, but that's pinball.

#8452 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Look, there's no point assuming it won't be too steep to hit.
Now, let's get back to assuming the ramp will be too steep to hit please.

Nobody said that either.

#8453 8 years ago

You guys had me comparing the ramps and I just noticed the little reflector for the PKE inserts. That's a welcome addition from moving my head around on GOT LE trying to see behind all the nonsense.

2_(resized).png2_(resized).pngpasted_image_(resized).pngpasted_image_(resized).png

#8454 8 years ago

It's roughly 1-1/2 to 2 inches higher. That's significant enough to make a difference in difficulty.

#8455 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Stern isn't hawking anything yet. You've seen a prototype.
And for many of us Premium buyers, the LE is an eyesore.

#8457 8 years ago

You love it.

#8458 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

You guys had me comparing the ramps and I just noticed the little reflector for the PKE inserts. That's a welcome addition from moving my head around on GOT LE trying to see behind all the nonsense.
2_(resized).pngpasted_image_(resized).png

I was still moving my head a lot at the Expo playing it.It didn't seem to help.It might work a lot better with dim room lights.The overhead lights at the Expo are bright and probably washed out the reflector.

#8459 8 years ago

I think the topper looks good.

#8460 8 years ago

has there been an announcement or any prediction on when we might see gameplay vids on other models?

Apologies if this has been covered - its getting hard to keep up with this thread.... even when you exclude CaptainKirk making about every other post, its still moving frantically.

#8461 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

has there been an announcement or any prediction on when we might see gameplay vis on other models?
Apologies if this has been covered - its getting hard to keep up with this thread.... even when you exclude CaptainKirk making about every other post, its still moving frantically.

I do not make posts! I do not reply to other people!

#8462 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

I do not make posts! I do not reply to other people!

mmmmkay.

#8463 8 years ago

I love, love the fact that the Stern Pinball "StarGazer" can be seen in the window of the GB HQ building.. Ya know Zombie Yeti prob asked Gary Stern if he should include the StarCastle and Missile Command and ya know he said "Hell No"..

Very cool.

#8465 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

has there been an announcement or any prediction on when we might see gameplay vids on other models?

I'm guessing next week or the following week more likely the following week

#8466 8 years ago

Of course he ramp can be hit! The pictures perspective is such that it appears steeper.....

#8467 8 years ago

Does anyone know what the P K E stands for on the Ghostbusters machine?

#8468 8 years ago
Quoted from epichoff:

PsychoKinetic Energy

#8469 8 years ago
Quoted from epichoff:

psycho kinetic energy

#8470 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Like someone else said "not soon enough"

#8471 8 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

psycho kinetic energy

thanks

#8473 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Look, there's no point assuming it won't be too steep to hit.
Now, let's get back to assuming the ramp will be too steep to hit please.

I'm still laughing about this...

#8474 8 years ago

Because I kinda like you guys, I'm going to run a little contest. Whoever can guess the date that we'll first see an LE or premium played on video from Stern (official video), I'll give them a Ghostbusters related prize. PM me your guess and I'll go back and check them when the day hits. Closest to it wins. If we have ties, I'll come up with an arbitrary tiebreaker or come up with multiple prizes.

Good luck.

#8475 8 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

Doesn't the GB ramp compare to Kiss(opposite side of course?

kiss_(resized).jpg

KISS and GB would look really cool side by side.

#8476 8 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

KISS and GB would look really cool side by side.

#8477 8 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Discussion is about the steep ramp on the Premium / LE. Nobody said the pro ramp was steep. Nobody said the ramp was difficult on the pro. Neither of you have played the Premium or LE. You are guessing that it won't be difficult based on playing a different easier ramp.
Steeper = Harder and more difficult

Please go back and re-read my post, there is no statement of fact, only an opinion that based on the speed of the ball on the pro, that the extra height of the prem/LE ramp shouldn't be a problem...

Quoted from Propaganda:

It's roughly 1-1/2 to 2 inches higher. That's significant enough to make a difference in difficulty.

And your guessing the ramp is this much taller... We all are guessing what the prem/LE will be like...

#8478 8 years ago

Does anyone else think there is way too much of the bright white 5K type of lighting? It does not look like many color changing inserts or anywhere else.

#8479 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

He's just trying to catch up to my number of posts.

#8480 8 years ago
Quoted from Jtslade:

I love, love the fact that the Stern Pinball "StarGazer" can be seen in the window of the GB HQ building.. Ya know Zombie Yeti prob asked Gary Stern if he should include the StarCastle and Missile Command and ya know he said "Hell No"..
Very cool.

Thanks for pointing that out, I'll have to point that out to people when they play my Pro.

#8481 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Of course he ramp can be hit! The pictures perspective is such that it appears steeper.....

No Art it is steeper, look how high they both are compared to the plastic sign behind them. That's a big diff.

#8482 8 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Does anyone else think there is way too much of the bright white 5K type of lighting? It does not look like many color changing inserts or anywhere else.

I believe when you hit Slimer inserts will go green as if he's slimed the playfield which is a really nice touch in my opinion. Other than that and I would guess the inserts also turning a traditional red for lit shots I think that's maybe it, there is no crazy RGB lighting like on previous releases, but I'll take the "slimed" colour changing inserts for GB it's a perfect change.

#8483 8 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

I'm totally fine with that.

I'd honestly be worried if every new Stern became a rainbow wonderland just to add RGB LEDs to the feature matrix. I love the look of TWD Pro in all white/red with splashes of yellow. I think GOT would've greatly benefited from a strong lighting theme like that.

#8485 8 years ago

Got the height, Paul, I agree, but I think the ramp looks "shorter" then the length it is.
No doubt a harder shot, but I cant imagine that a ton of testing went in to make sure it works.

Now, age the game 10-20 years on route, or after x number of games, with weaker flippers
I agree there could be an issue....

Could also be my eyes...they are pretty messed up these days too.....

#8486 8 years ago

If you want to know more about the tremendous differences in the ramps on the Pro, Premium and LE, here's a good analogy.

#8487 8 years ago

G ramp on GNR is pretty steep and a short rise.

#8488 8 years ago

if you all were talking about the ability to make the ramp after the game was out on location, dirty, and beat up... you'd have something to actually talk about.

But in reality you all are talking about a shot on game where most of you won't even put up 500 games on the unit in the 3-5 years you own it.. and have it waxed 3x a month. WTF are you all worried about. If it won't work, they will know that from their play testing... its not something you are going to 'discover' at home.. and frankly your game is never going to be degraded enough to diverge much from the new condition testing they'll be doing anyways.

wtf people stop creating your own drama.

#8489 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

wtf people stop creating your own drama.

Bu bu bu bu....PINSIDE MAN! WTF else are they going to do all day?

#8490 8 years ago

What drama is there? I thought we were talking about how it may be on location if unmaintained, or just the different feel/difficulty of a very steep ramp? Maybe I prefer shallower ramps and play plenty of games on location like Hook and LOTR where I can't hit tough shots with bad flippers, GB still looks amazing.

#8491 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

But in reality you all are talking about a shot on game where most of you won't even put up 500 games on the unit in the 3-5 years you own it.. and have it waxed 3x a month

#8492 8 years ago

Just curious but does does it matter if it's steep or shallow?

I assume only the height matters since it takes as much energy to lift a ball to a certain height no matter if it's a long shallow ramp like TWD or Met or a short steep ramp like GB.

#8493 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Elwin seemed to be hitting it pretty good, one thing with Stern pins is I've never had an issue making shots.

#8494 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Dont know....but my wife judges my friends with the same statement!

#8495 8 years ago

In a frictionless environment, work is the same since the only force we're fighting is gravity. In the real world with friction, different distances travelled, and ramps of different materials... I think one of the top local players teaches physics maybe I can get him in here.

Quoted from PW79:

You guys ever feel like we're all a bunch of babbling dweebs obsessing over shit that has to make Stern laugh?

What the hell are you talking about.

#8496 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Dont know....but my wife judges my friends with the same statement!

Well then what's her judgement on me then.

#8497 8 years ago

Did anyone think that maybe the ramp is the same angel just longer to the first turn making it taller/longer but not at asteeper angel? Looks that way to me.
The pros top curve seems further from the backboard than the LE pics but the angel looks exactly the same. And it only seems about 1" taller/longer at most. Judging by where it sits compared to the building plastic and flasher and distance from the backboard.

Therefore the ramp is not steeper, as that would mean a different angle.

I think everyone who says that this ramp will be too steep or the topper is bad is just hoping this pin fails for some reason. Because it looks to be the best Stern pin produced. And there is nothing else to talk or complain about.

90ddd21ad208cce5ed13323260f1c3e7597c7f7e.png_(resized).jpg90ddd21ad208cce5ed13323260f1c3e7597c7f7e.png_(resized).jpg
664f2a29eaa444ad56170b83882ad944e7b541c5.jpeg_(resized).jpg664f2a29eaa444ad56170b83882ad944e7b541c5.jpeg_(resized).jpg

#8498 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

In a frictionless environment, work is the same since the only force we're fighting is gravity. In the real world with friction, different distances travelled, and ramps of different materials... I think one of the top local players teaches physics maybe I can get him in here.

What the hell are you talking about.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#8499 8 years ago
Quoted from erak:

I think everyone who says that this ramp will be too steep or the topper is bad is just hoping this pin fails for some reason. Because it looks to be the best Stern pin produced. And there is nothing else to talk or complain about.

The ramp is not too steep. Period.

The topper BLOWS and looks like some plastic piece of crap sitting on top, out of place on a gorgeous pin. Period.

I'm blown away and excited for GBLE! Period.

#8500 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well then what's her judgement on me then.

You break the mold, Paul....one of a kind!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 103.00
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/170?hl=ball_shine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.