IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 360.
#801 8 years ago

Well have been looking the translite and this is my opinion:

- Spengler is looking angry at Venkmans crown
- Venkman is dreaming about some students while using his gun.
- Stanz is scared cause he actually believes in ghosts
- Zeddemore should look at the traps
- Add some detail to the Ecto

Other then that, the composition is cool as well as the colors and the rest! And a big plus for Hand drawn work!

#802 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Licensed Ghostbusters merch has been interpreted in a million different styles. Besides the logo, I'm assuming they don't have an official style guide - so they let companies be creative.

Yup. It seems like the company holding the license, Columbia Pictures, allows much for flexibility in terms of theme use compared to other companies such as AMC (a lot of photoshop on TWD). It also helps that the original actors are on board to allow their characters on the games art as well as sound assets.

A games success or failure can be impacted by how flexible those holding the license are...as well as if the licensee will pay up to use the assets.

#803 8 years ago

Who is coding this?

#804 8 years ago

I continue to find amusement in the fact some people still think this will be based off the new movie.

From a company that just made a pinball about a band that's been irrelevant since 1979.

For a demographic that is almost entirely 35-60 year old men.

#805 8 years ago

Sony is doing a new animated feature too.

Sony’s revived Ghostbusters franchise is expanding into another dimension. The studio is working on an Ghostbusters animated movie, which will arrive after Paul Feig‘s live-action reboot due out next summer. Get more details on the Ghostbusters animated movie after the jump.

The studio confirmed development of an Ghostbusters animated movie to TheWrap. Original Ghostbusters director Ivan Reitman is on board to produce, while Kristine Belson and Michael Lachance will oversee the project for Sony Pictures Animation. The studio is now seeking a writer to tackle the project. No director or stars have been announced.

The Ghostbusters were previously cartoon-ified for a TV series that aired on ABC from 1986 to 1991. The new film will follow the same basic premise as the earlier show, revolving around a bunch of scientists who fight supernatural forces together. However, there’s a twist — sources indicate the story will be told from the point of view of a ghost. Which is a pretty genius idea, actually.

In addition, while the Ghostbusters have typically been associated with Manhattan, the new animated movie may go elsewhere. As the trade sagely notes, ” supernatural activity is not limited to a single borough in New York City.”

Sony spent years trying to get a third Ghostbusters movie together before finally Feig finally came along with an idea to reboot the series. But it’s clear their ambitions for the franchise don’t stop there. A second live-action project is in the works with Joe and Anthony Russo — although Reitman’s taken pains to de-emphasize it, perhaps so as to not overshadow the first one.

Feig’s new live-action Ghostbusters stars Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy, Leslie Jones, and Kate McKinnon as a new team of spirit-seekers. Chris Hemsworth is their Annie Potts equivalent, and a slew of original Ghostbusters stars are set to cameo. It’s due out July 15, 2016.

#806 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Who is coding this?

Good question. Rumor was Lyman, but it sounds like that is no longer the case.

#807 8 years ago

I find it hard to believe that this could be the actual artwork.
It looks absolutely ridiculous and amateurish to me. Whoever "leaked" this must be rolling on the floor laughing with all the attention this is getting.

#808 8 years ago
Quoted from fishbone:

It looks absolutely ridiculous and amateurish to me. Whoever "leaked" this must be rolling on the floor laughing with all the attention this is getting.

It may not be the final artwork but doesn't mean it's not art made for the game.

#809 8 years ago
Quoted from fishbone:

As opposed to the artwork on your Black Rose pin?

#810 8 years ago
Quoted from fishbone:

They could have leaked a not so good first pass at the art, so that when they reveal the real thing, everybody will go apeshit loving it.

Kinda like New Coke and the Star Wars prequels.

#811 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I continue to find amusement in the fact some people still think this will be based off the new movie.
From a company that just made a pinball about a band that's been irrelevant since 1979.
For a demographic that is almost entirely 35-60 year old men.

Would you stop all that "making sense" and "logic" stuff? You're scaring the trolls.

#812 8 years ago

Say the new movie is a blockbuster run away hit, fresh and funny, do you think there is a chance pinsiders might wish Stern based the pin on the new cast or still happy it was the old cast?

Ghostbusters2.pngGhostbusters2.png
Ghostbusters2a.jpgGhostbusters2a.jpg

#813 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

They could have leaked a not so good first pass at the art, so that when they reveal the real thing, everybody will go apeshit loving it.
Kinda like New Coke and the Star Wars prequels.

I believe the final art will be totally different from what has been posted. In any case, nice marketing move - they keep people talking about the product. ^^

#814 8 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Say the new movie is a blockbuster run away hit, fresh and funny, do you think there is a chance pinsiders might wish Stern based the pin on the new cast or still happy it was the old cast?
Ghostbusters2.png
Ghostbusters2a.jpg

Old cast.....cuz they are the originals.

#815 8 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Ghostbusters2.png
Ghostbusters2a.jpg

Even if the new movie is good (will probably just be a remake of same damn story see Star Wars) it will never have the cache and nostalgia of the original.

Really only one remake of classic 80s has even been successful, The Karate Kid, and who even gives a toss about that one?

#816 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Really only one remake of classic 80s has even been successful, The Karate Kid, and who even gives a toss about that one?

Even though it's both 70's and 80's, CREED was excellent!

Obviously old cast and it will hit the target 35-60 demo, like myself. I'm in unless they manage to F it up.

And why I held off from RZ. But then Alien was a factor as well. And Lawlor.

#817 8 years ago

I think this game is going to be incredibly special and one of Stern's best, from what I've seen. Between the beautiful artwork and a truly unique layout, this is a game that Trudeau, Zombie Yeti, and Stern are rightfully going to be very proud of! For a theme I've always dreamed of seeing become a pin, it's refreshing to see so much care and effort put into it!

I'm gonna be so proud to have this be my first NIB machine!

#818 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Don't forget about 21 Jump Street. :p

#819 8 years ago

Playfield pics haven't even been released, how can you say this will be Stern best based on a translight picture?

#820 8 years ago

The translite isn't the only thing that has been making the rounds. Such as the sneak peek over at the bottom of Page 9...

#821 8 years ago

got me one of these. wont be buying new though. ill sit back and buy a huo le next year.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#822 8 years ago
Quoted from BD_Designs:

I think this game is going to be incredibly special and one of Stern's best, from what I've seen. Between the beautiful artwork and a truly unique layout, this is a game that Trudeau, Zombie Yeti, and Stern are rightfully going to be very proud of! For a theme I've always dreamed of seeing become a pin, it's refreshing to see so much care and effort put into it!
We're talking toys, a subway, single drop targets in the middle of the playfield, an Insanity Falls-style ramp, EL lighting, and some of the best use of plastics I've ever seen to give the playfield even more dimension. Not to mention the mod potential for the theme as well!
I'm gonna be so proud to have this be my first NIB machine!

I hope you are right as this will be my first NIB as well

#823 8 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Don't forget about 21 Jump Street. :p

Was a show, not a movie. But good point!

#824 8 years ago
Quoted from BD_Designs:

The translite isn't the only thing that has been making the rounds. Such as the sneak peek over at the bottom of Page 9...

you mean this one

481720.jpeg481720.jpeg

#825 8 years ago

Yep that's the one!

#826 8 years ago
Quoted from BD_Designs:

Yep that's the one!

so city skyline, staypuft, green rail for slimer trail guessing but have to watch the movie again is that a board walk ???

wonder if that ramp is this one with the insanity falls style going down the right side instead of the left side.

screen-capture-15_9.39.04_pm.pngscreen-capture-15_9.39.04_pm.png

#827 8 years ago

why is Jareds account deactivated? He request it or shown the door?

#828 8 years ago

No I believe the tracks are meant to be the tracks from the ghost train scene in GBII.

That ramp doesn't appear to match up with what I've seen. Gonna be a combination of plastic and wireform.

#829 8 years ago
Quoted from BD_Designs:

No I believe the tracks are meant to be the tracks from the ghost train scene in GBII.
That ramp doesn't appear to match up with what I've seen. Gonna be a combination of plastic and wireform.

thanks, just saw the ramp in the background of another photo and wondering what it was from and if linked in anyway.

the ramp for GB sounds sweet.

#830 8 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Good question...

#831 8 years ago

maybe he was the leaker with a second account ???

#832 8 years ago

Jared made the decision to deactivate his account on his own.

He deactivated before the GB Leak occurred.

Marcus

#833 8 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Marcus

The plot thickens ....

rd

#834 8 years ago

This post is from a different thread:

Quoted from Jared:

I deliberately try to keep the PR stuff off of Pinside so I can continue to function as a normal member as I have been for years now. It may come to pass that in my best interest I stop posting here at all. I hope not.

If you look on his profile page it says he voluntarily deactivated. Jared's a good guy.

#836 8 years ago

[Ghostbuster Translite removed by Pinside Staff]

Moderator Note: Permanent ejection has been issued for posting the leaked image. Pinside Staff wants to make it clear that this image is not welcome on Pinside until further notice.

#837 8 years ago

I like what they did with the PKE meter! toy.jpgtoy.jpg

#838 8 years ago
Quoted from Soonerbrink:

It appears most games that have strict requirements coincide with a release date that is reasonably close to the release date of the movie. In this case, the Ghostbusters movie this art is referencing is about 30 years old.

One word: ALIEN.

#839 8 years ago

Honestly, I just don't see Zombie Yeti quality in that drawing. The faces are just bad, and they look like they're wearing lipstick.

As a quick first pass to see layout? Maybe.

#840 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Honestly, I just don't see Zombie Yeti quality in that drawing. The faces are just bad, and they look like they're wearing lipstick.
As a quick first pass to see layout? Maybe.

When you look at his website, there is nothing there that looks anything like this style

http://www.zombieyeti.com/

#841 8 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Marcus

By "on his own" you mean stern made him after his company statement of " if you don't like it, don't buy it" rant. Is he still on Facebook?

#842 8 years ago
Quoted from fishbone:

I think the concept is excellent, but I agree, it looks a little weak to me too..

#843 8 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

Is he still on Facebook?

He is. Asking his FB "friends" to remove the GB picture...

#844 8 years ago

Sorry guys........This is Awesome!! I don't get why people don't like it!

#845 8 years ago

6 hours with the photo in the thread again.
Has Pinside given up?

#846 8 years ago

I agree on the translite being pretty awesome!! It is a little more brightly colored than I would prefer but I would gladly have that than a wretched GOT Photobomb type display. Very, Very excited for this pin! This could be be my first Stern!

#847 8 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

I agree on the translite being pretty awesome!! It is a little more brightly colored than I would prefer but I would gladly have that than a wretched GOT Photobomb type display. Very, Very excited for this pin! This could be be my first Stern!

Not to be a stalker but I looked at your collection and you currently don't have any games. What would this game have that others before it haven't? Is it solely on theme? Just curious.

#848 8 years ago

TaylorVa - You are correct - I own none but am in on The Big Lebowski and an Alien LE. I have the ability to get into pinball now and certain themes just really appeal to me (nostalgia). I grew up a kid in the 80s and loved the Ghostbuster movies (II was just ok) ... they are actually on TV now as I write this I am a huge Bill freaking Murray fan as well. That said, the gameplay has to be there. I played TBL at Chicago and I am still waiting on more Alien deets but am very encouraged by what I heard from Andrew at Pinburgh.

#849 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Sorry guys........This is Awesome!! I don't get why people don't like it!

The translite has all the elements you could hope for, but it needs tweeked. No matter how much you like it, you've got to admit the faces look odd. Even Mr Stay Puft looks off. If they clean that up a little bit, it's a home run. I believe this is going to end up being one of Stern's best pins. At the very least a best seller.

#850 8 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Marcus

That's impossible because Jared commented in the leaked GB thread, so he definently deactivated his account after the thread leak. Nice try though

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

15,699 (OBO)
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

15,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.