IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 360.
#8401 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#8402 8 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Feel just the opposite. I think the Pro cabinet beats the Premium all day. The premium is sorta boring - especially that lame ass front decal. You can say it's moonlight and moody, but it's just colorless and bland IMHO. LE is flashy and what an LE should be!
But that's why they make different ones, eh?

Agreed, I like the LE art best!
Pro cab art and translite would be my second choice. The premium package is my least favorite of the three, it lacks detail that the pro cabinet has and I don't care for the burning stay puft on the translite.

#8403 8 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Regarding that STEEP LEFT metal RAMP (which is required to make the subway work properly on the premium and LE)
That's the main shot in the game because it's for the BALL LOCKS and JACKPOTS.
Is that shot going to be a real bitch? Any ramps in other games that we can compare?
The pro ramp is not as steep. I didn't see an issue with the pro left ramp.

I'm sure it's no steeper than Mustang's double ramp or CFTBL left ramp during multiball.

It's his trademark, I like it. It makes the shot much more satisfying.

Also I'm sure the flipper orientation/powered coils assist in making that shot successfully. I believe Mustang had the same flipper gap/angle and higher powered coils. I never had any issues on location, it felt great.

This isn't the first time he has designed a steep left ramp on a machine, don't worry!

#8404 8 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Regarding that STEEP LEFT metal RAMP (which is required to make the subway work properly on the premium and LE)
That's the main shot in the game because it's for the BALL LOCKS and JACKPOTS.
Is that shot going to be a real bitch? Any ramps in other games that we can compare?
The pro ramp is not as steep. I didn't see an issue with the pro left ramp.

Bay Watch has a steep ramp like GB

#8405 8 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Feel just the opposite. I think the Pro cabinet beats the Premium all day. The premium is sorta boring - especially that lame ass front decal. You can say it's moonlight and moody, but it's just colorless and bland IMHO. LE is flashy and what an LE should be!

I agree that the pro artwork looks better, it should be the premium artwork.

As for the LE yeah it looks sweet but I just think it's way overpriced for what you get. $1500 more for green paint and different art. That's not enough. Past LE's such as Star Trek LE offered far more LE features. I much rather have the premium with shaker, ColorDMD, Sterns topper and custom powder coated armor for the same price if not less then the LE.

#8406 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I agree that the pro artwork looks better, it should be the premium artwork.
As for the LE yeah it looks sweet but I just think it's way overpriced for what you get. $1500 more for green paint and different art. That's not enough. Past LE's such as Star Trek LE offered far more LE features. I much rather have the premium with shaker, ColorDMD, Sterns topper and custom powder coated armor for the same price if not less then the LE.

The problem with STLE is that they made so damn many of them it's hard to call it limited (800 games) but I agree that it had some sweet bling!

#8407 8 years ago

My Child's First Topper - And we thought Pinball was expensive.

MyChildsFirstTopper_(resized).pngMyChildsFirstTopper_(resized).png

#8408 8 years ago

yea, 800 is a lot. I have games that have production numbers of 800 or less. That's why when jack said he was making 1000 LE's. It was laughable.

#8409 8 years ago

Is the Baywatch steep left ramp shot tough?

#8410 8 years ago

Guess where I was today

#8411 8 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Is the Baywatch steep left ramp shot tough?

I've played it, don't own it so I'm not sure, it's not a cinch shot, but you can make it. You you need to hit it hard.

#8412 8 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Guess where I was today

Did you see any Prem/LE GB floating around?

Edit: Stern is incredible!!

#8413 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

image_(resized).jpeg

I never took the time to study a Baywatch PF before because I have no interest in the theme but is that David Hasselhoff's face plastered on Pam Anderson's body? Yikes!

#8414 8 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Guess where I was today

Wow, lucky! Sweet! Now it makes me think the Pro model is the way to go... it's just beautiful!

#8415 8 years ago

Stern's live stream showed a lot of GBs being built, and one even being boxed at the end. Several that they showed were headed to France. I didn't see any LEs or Premiums, so they must just be cranking out Pros right now.

#8416 8 years ago

Can you buy an extra translite? I plan on buying the premium model, but wonder if I can just buy the pro translite (which I prefer) and use that instead?

#8417 8 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I never took the time to study a Baywatch PF before because I have no interest in the theme but is that David Hasselhoff's face plastered on Pam Anderson's body? Yikes!

You think it's got enough ramps?

#8418 8 years ago

I only saw pro's they are the ones meant for overseas.

I think they will sell pro translites but not premium.

#8419 8 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Wow, lucky! Sweet! Now it makes me think the Pro model is the way to go... it's just beautiful!

Jim Belt gave me the tour , they were super accommodating . Big props to Stern I know they take some PR hits on here but my experience was top notch!

Thanks Stern !

#8420 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

image_(resized).jpeg

Does not look as steep from this photo. It goes under the plastic tower.

#8421 8 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Does not look as steep from this photo. It goes under the plastic tower.

image_(resized).jpeg

Have you played BW? It's fairly steep. The plastic tower is almost to the top of the machine.

#8422 8 years ago

BW Left ramp has never seemed very steep to me at all. I haven't read all the talk but I guess we're talking aboot the GB ramp looking really steep? From that pic it doesn't look any steeper than the Metallica left ramp, or TWD ramps...IMO.

#8423 8 years ago

it's short but steep. it gets steeper because the part that opens up is even higher angle than the initial entrance section. Ghostbusters ramp reminds me more of Pinball magics long steep ramp than Baywatch. Pinball magic has to be dead nuts accurate. But GB is more straight on, where PM is off to the left. So GB ramp is going to be easier since its more in the power zone.

#8424 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Have you played BW? It's fairly steep.
image_(resized).jpeg

I have not. GB has a steeper and higher ramp.

Any other better comparisons?

#8425 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Cool. Does it look like the circular grey piece on the light bar is an actual working siren?

They didn't have the prototype there. I only have seen what you have on Stern's video. I'm confident based on JT's comments that the finished product will rock!

#8426 8 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

I have not. GB has a steeper and higher ramp.
Any other better comparisons?

pinball magics ramp is very similar.

#8428 8 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

What does an ugly prototype topper have to do with my eyesore of an LE?
Are you manufacturing the topper? You seem to care just a little too much.

You made the disparaging comment. I was responding.

Quoted from dgoett:Feel just the opposite. I think the Pro cabinet beats the Premium all day. The premium is sorta boring - especially that lame ass front decal. You can say it's moonlight and moody, but it's just colorless and bland IMHO. LE is flashy and what an LE should be!

Font decal?

#8429 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

HArd to tell from the top pic only, but PM ramp seems a fair bit wider than GB...although that could just be the angle and all.

#8430 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Can you buy an extra translite? I plan on buying the premium model, but wonder if I can just buy the pro translite (which I prefer) and use that instead?

Somebody will trade you. There will be lots of Pros and Premiums. Thought about this myself.

#8431 8 years ago

I'm not worried about that ramp, I'm worried about the magnetic slings.

Surely Stern has some video clips of them in action.

#8432 8 years ago

I hope the Prem/LE ramp isn't too tough to hit. Weak flippers are the main problem ops don't really care to fix around me. LOTR ring shots are a bitch on a lot of locations for example.

#8433 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

I hope the Prem/LE ramp isn't too tough to hit. Weak flippers are the main problem ops don't really care to fix around me. LOTR ring shots are a bitch on a lot of locations for example.

Most people turn down the flipper strength on modern Stern's. They are more than enough powerful.

#8434 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I think GB might be even steeper.

#8435 8 years ago

You guys need to stop talking trash on the topper, sure it looks a bit cheap and toy-like, but its not a prototype. Inside sources have told me this was the prototype model that was tested on one of Gary Stern's grandkids personal automobiles, so I think its actually a step up from what it was:

medium_image-53179baa4170700572140000-coalesced_(resized).jpegmedium_image-53179baa4170700572140000-coalesced_(resized).jpeg

#8436 8 years ago

Another thing I'm interested in seeing is how Slimer works on a Premium/LE. JT said that he actually rests in the city above the pops, then comes out during his modes.

#8437 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

it doesn't look any steeper than the Metallica left ramp

It is WAY steeper than the MET ramps. Look and compare. You will agree.

#8438 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The topper sucks and a complete waste of money.

You'll buy one ice. Stop talking yourself out it.

#8439 8 years ago

I've got one of these comming, will make a cool topper I think

#8440 8 years ago

#8441 8 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Guess where I was today

dude..really? I would give a lot to see gb being build..lucky you

#8442 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

image_(resized).jpeg

at a fraction of the price.

*sorry but that police light topper looks cheesy. at least, make it like the original if you have to make one... the blue cover is missing the lower part. middle silver part is too large, spotlight housing is supposed to be chrome... only $500*

#8443 8 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

I think GB might be even steeper.
image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

Doesn't the GB ramp compare to Kiss(opposite side of course?

kiss_(resized).jpgkiss_(resized).jpg

#8444 8 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

Doesn't the GB ramp compare to Kiss(opposite side of course?

Could be...and that thing is steeeeep

#8445 8 years ago

The steep ramp on the pro was a piece of cake to make to the top. Most shots continued on very quickly around to the right which makes me believe the extra 1/2-1" lift will not cause us any problems.

The prototype topper looks like it was made with jumbo Lego pieces. I'm sure the finish on the shipping units will justify the price and look great on a pro or premium.

Let's not bash stern too much for giving us an early look at what they are thinking or they won't show us anything in the future. The benefit of the early look is all the Mod guys can focus their efforts on other topper ideas like slimer and a smoking ghost trap, etc.

#8446 8 years ago

Yea guys I played it today the ramp was pretty easy to hit on the pro, doubt it will be a lot tougher on the premium.

#8447 8 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

The steep ramp on the pro was a piece of cake to make to the top. Most shots continued on very quickly around to the right which makes me believe the extra 1/2-1" lift will not cause us any problems.

Quoted from Mando:

the ramp was pretty easy to hit on the pro, doubt it will be a lot tougher on the premium.

Discussion is about the steep ramp on the Premium / LE. Nobody said the pro ramp was steep. Nobody said the ramp was difficult on the pro. Neither of you have played the Premium or LE. You are guessing that it won't be difficult based on playing a different easier ramp.

Steeper = Harder and more difficult

#8448 8 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Yea guys I played it today the ramp was pretty easy to hit on the pro, doubt it will be a lot tougher on the premium.

When I played the Pro in Vegas.The ball screams up that plastic left ramp.

The Prem & LE's left ramp is steeper.But it is also made of metal,Which should allow the ball to fly up that ramp fast.

If the flippers get weak on a game on route.That might be a different story.But for a HUO game.I can't see a problem.And if there is.I will wax the ramp!.

#8449 8 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Discussion is about the steep ramp on the Premium / LE. Nobody said the pro ramp was steep. Nobody said the ramp was difficult on the pro. Neither of you have played the Premium or LE. You are guessing that it won't be difficult based on playing a different easier ramp.

No I think we are saying that due to the location of the ramp there is plenty of flipper power to get it up. But of course we won't know until we play it.

#8450 8 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

No I think we are saying that due to the location of the ramp there is plenty of flipper power to get it up. But of course we won't know until we play it.

Look, there's no point assuming it won't be too steep to hit.
Now, let's get back to assuming the ramp will be too steep to hit please.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/169 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.