IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 360.
#8251 8 years ago

Are the LEs sold out?

#8252 8 years ago
Quoted from jruddr:

Are the LEs sold out?

I was told the LE's sold out in 6 hours.

#8253 8 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

I was told the LE's sold out in 6 hours.

How much were they selling for?

#8254 8 years ago

#8255 8 years ago
Quoted from jruddr:

How much were they selling for?

Have no idea but I wish I'd gotten one!

#8256 8 years ago

Ones for a decent price around 8k sold real quick then distributors started selling at msrp give or take

#8257 8 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

I know pros ship before LE and since we haven't even seen a LE in action yet I'm guessing pro late April early may and LE late may early June just a guess though

TIMELINE:
A "few" Pros ship.
Then all LEs.
Then Pros.
Then people start gouging others for NIB LEs they've been sitting on.
Then Premiums
Then Pros.

This has been confirmed by the interwebz.

#8258 8 years ago

My distributor told me possibly late April for the LE so I'm guessing sometime in May.

#8259 8 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

TIMELINE:
A "few" Pros ship.
Then all LEs.
Then Pros.
Then Premiums
Then Pros.
This has been confirmed by the interwebz.

It's the circle of life.

#8260 8 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

My distributor told me possibly late April for the LE so I'm guessing sometime in May.

Also, I ordered within a couple of hours of announcement. By that time the first two distributors already had a waiting list. The third I was able to get confirmed at a price of $7995 with only $100 refundable deposit. On top of that there is a 3% discount if paying by wire transfer so I'm very happy with my purchase and I'm sure I will be using my distributor again in the future (this was my first purchase with them).

#8261 8 years ago

dupe. sorry. meant to edit my original post and not quote it.

#8262 8 years ago

I disagree that the video mode doesnt matter because you can cash out at any time. You could deliberately fail most any video mode in history, but the issue is that you are leaving points on the table in what could otherwise be a high scoring game or competetive match. I'd say the video mode in gb needs work, as it will become a drag once the novelty wears off.

#8263 8 years ago

So 12k nib LE for christmas

#8264 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I'm sure you can turn it off in the settings too like GOT

It would be good to turn it off for league/tournament play.

#8265 8 years ago

I like the poker video mode on sopranos. Called the executive game. If you don't like video modes you would probably hate the sopranos pin

#8266 8 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

I like the poker video mode on sopranos. Called the executive game. If you don't like video modes you would probably hate the sopranos pin

Why? There's only one in sopranos. Please don't tell me Boss mode is a video mode. Haha. I've never made it to Boss, but that's a Grail pin for me. Love it!! Big Gomez fan.

#8267 8 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

already were $12350 in Australia and sold out

#8268 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I thought Dwight said there is no end to this video mode as it will go until you cash out or miss guess

Didn't Dwight also say "always choose bacon, except when there's a star?" That's what I'd do, at least until 2 other things appeared. I'll bet the code will change for this if it proves to be too predictable of boring.

#8269 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Why? There's only one in sopranos. Please don't tell me Boss mode is a video mode. Haha. I've never made it to Boss, but that's a Grail pin for me. Love it!! Big Gomez fan.

I've had sopranos for a few years and nobody has gotten boss either. We are just not that good of pin player lol. Someday. Someday I will beat that thing in my basement

#8270 8 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

So I've ordered a new ghostbusters premium!!! Little does she know I ordered it back on the 14th...

image_(resized).jpeg

My gal told me there was no room for Metallica..... Guess who found room?

#8271 8 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

You mean you guys don't have separate checking accounts? I buy what I want and she buys what she wants. We've never had an argument about money in 13 years!

My wife and I agreed to do before we even got married. As long as the mortgage is paid, dinner is on the table, and I help with my half of the chores - happy wife = easy life.

#8272 8 years ago

You mean you guys don't have separate checking accounts? I buy what I want and she buys what she wants. We've never had an argument about money in 13 years!

My checking account would always be empty and hers would grow!

I handle all of the long term planning. She handles ALL of the day to day, month to month finances. I make 90% of our combined income and she tracks every cent of it.

#8273 8 years ago

I entered the relationship with 25 games in storage, so my wife knew what she was getting into. Even though she isn't thrilled with our garage loaded up with projects, the other day she sent me a link to a game someone was selling. That surprised me.

#8274 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

So there has been some criticism about the tiered structure of the modes. I've just done some quick calculations to see how extensively the 3 laddered tiers would result in mode fatigue and there is indeed room for concern.
I've assumed playing 4 games, in each of these four games you would play to an equal level across all 3 ladders, and progress incrementally upward in each successive game (e.g. Game 1, you would play 'Back off Man', 'We Got One', and 'Okay Who Brought the Dog', Game 2 you play up to 'Spooked Librarian', 'He Slimed Me', and 'Spook Central' and so forth). Here are the results:
You would play 26 modes. Of those modes:
1) 46% (almost half) of the time you would be playing the lowest on each ladder ('Back off Man', 'We Got One', and 'Okay Who Brought the Dog')
2) 35% (a third) of the time you would be playing Spooked Librarian', 'He Slimed Me', and 'Spook Central'
3) 15% of the time you would get to play 'The Ballroom' and 'Gozer the Gozerian'
4) And only 4% of the time (just once) you would get to play 'Stay Puft Marshmallow Man' (It'd be a special rare mode!)

If this is really how the modes are (have to play through the first three every time to get to the next tier) this game is going to get old very quickly. That's like the #1 killer on a bunch of 90's games especially Data East (playing the same starting mode all the time, in this case it's 3 modes, which on the surface seems better until you realize that DE was playing the same starting mode and then doing one of the 10 different ones, this is playing the same three modes every game before you can get to the next set). Can you imagine playing TAF and you have to finish the basement doors every time before moving up? Let's hope they fix that.

#8275 8 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

I'm guessing LE's might ship around that time if history is any indicator............

#8276 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I have no idea how you married guys keep the peace buying pin after pin. I'm not married but do have 3 kids. When I ask them if we should get this or that pin, I get six thumbs up. It's great!

It's an event driven sort of peace, we married guys don't understand how you got a multiball before pressing the start button!

#8277 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

That's an interesting statement. The coffin ball lock and hammer are so cool (as is the cross). You're saying if the premium was less (suspend reality for a moment) than the pro you'd pay more for the pro?

I dont' like the coffin ball lock either. I hate where the hammer is, it's way to big and in an annoying spot. I'd rather have a pro too. I'm sure the hell not going to pay even more to have a feature I think shouldn't be there. Not every game stern makes has a better premium version. Some are better or just as good as Pros, and you lose very little, if anything with the pro. So why would you want to spend the extra cash when it's not justified?

These are just as good if not better in pro version.

MET
Tron
RS (either version isn't that great)
TWD (bicycle girl ramp is annoying, crossbow feature is nice, but feels like it's going to break something)
TF
KISS
mustang
WWE
Avengers
Xmen (the pop up targets are nice, but the moving ramp is a PIA so it's a wash)
ST

games that change dramatically between pro and premium

GOT (practically a totally different game)
AC/DC (mainly because of the ball diversion behind the bell. Really changes up how risky the bell is)

#8278 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

games that change dramatically between pro and premium
GOT (practically a totally different game)
AC/DC (mainly because of the ball diversion behind the bell. Really changes up how risky the bell is)

Gotta add TWD to this list too. Completely different between the pro and prem.

#8279 8 years ago

Man, ya'll are nuts saying TWD Pro > TWD Prem. Absolutely nuts.

The light show alone with the satisfying shot on the left orbital spinner when the insert flasher is active decimates the Pro. I played an LE and then 30 seconds later played a Pro this weekend. The Pro just felt bare especially without the light show.

Look, I owned a Pro and then sold it and went Premium. First time EVER doing this. Enjoyed Met Pro and ACDC LED Pro, but man, TWD is a completely different beast.

It's just my opinion - not gospel or facts.

#8280 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

The light show alone with the satisfying shot on the left orbital spinner when the insert flasher is active decimates the Pro. I played an LE and then 30 seconds later played a Pro this weekend. The Pro just felt bare especially without the light show.
Look, I owned a Pro and then sold it and went Premium. First time EVER doing this. Enjoyed Met Pro and ACDC LED Pro, but man, TWD is a completely different beast.

Yep! And don't forget about the Walker bombs

#8281 8 years ago

I think one the most overlooked aspects of Met Premium is the snake , the moving jaw makes a huge difference especially in multiball.

I put Aurichs hammer in mine so that's not an issue either

#8282 8 years ago

You guys ever feel like we're all a bunch of babbling dweebs obsessing over shit that has to make Stern laugh?

#8283 8 years ago

No, this is serious!!

#8284 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

You cannot forget the Walker bombs on the Premium - thats such a huge gameplay and strategy changer! That one feature alone I couldn't live w/o on the game... of course there is the Crossbow, RGB color changers and LED light show, extra magnet for Well Walker, etc etc. The Premium owns the Pro in every way.

#8285 8 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

You guys ever feel like we're all a bunch of babbling dweebs obsessing over shit that has to make Stern laugh?

Especially in a Ghostbusters thread.

#8286 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Every pro > every LE. Death to toys, ramps and loops only!

#8287 8 years ago

I don't consider light show a game changing experience. Maybe I need more time on the LE, but I didn't care for the lifting ramp at all. Didn't care for the crossbow at all. Didn't miss it at all on the pro.

#8288 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I don't consider light show a game changing experience. Maybe I need more time on the LE, but I didn't care for the lifting ramp at all. Didn't care for the crossbow at all. Didn't miss it at all on the pro.

Agree with Neo on TWD, I prefer to "play" the Pro over the LE. Lifting ramp on LE/Prem is dumb and looks like it's about to fall to bits any second. Shooting and making the cannon shot with the flippers on the Pro is a rush.

Shame the Pro doesn't have the button for the walker bombs though. As someone says, it makes the Pro a very different game without it. They should program the Pro to fire bombs with the Tournament button or something.

rd

#8289 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

These are just as good if not better in pro version.

i have to disagree with :

TRON : how the pro could be better than the Lamp !? its a nonsense... as the fact is that all pro owners are modding their pin like a LE
X-MEN : the magnet spinner is the way to go, even more with this theme ! its really nice while starting the magneto MB

#8291 8 years ago

With my car, I ....wait, where am I again... Oh nevermind.... Forgot this was a GB thread.

#8292 8 years ago

Exactly. Same here. Joint bank accounts are the death of many relationships

#8293 8 years ago

Oh Boy...did I just hit the women's and relationship council thread......or is this still THE Ghostbuster thread....no news here....

#8294 8 years ago

After 2 and 2, we're back to Ghostbusters!

ghostbusters-ii-5273c8b621608_(resized).jpgghostbusters-ii-5273c8b621608_(resized).jpg

#8295 8 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

i have to disagree with :
TRON : how the pro could be better than the Lamp !? its a nonsense... as the fact is that all pro owners are modding their pin like a LE
X-MEN : the magnet spinner is the way to go, even more with this theme ! its really nice while starting the magneto MB

I said just as good, if not better. meaning your not losing a lot of play experience. With tron especially. Gameplay is pretty much the same either way. Sure you miss out on the lightshow, and a moving toy that doesn't even effect the ball in the slightest. Drops one the left are minimal difference. pros and LE's play very very similar. Thats' what I was saying.

#8296 8 years ago

Has anybody else caught the sighting of a Stern Star Gazer on Ghostbusters?

Star_Gazer_(resized).pngStar_Gazer_(resized).png

#8297 8 years ago

I think Stern caught it

pasted_image_(resized).pngpasted_image_(resized).png

#8298 8 years ago

Never zoomed in to see that.
Pretty cool.

#8299 8 years ago

cool

#8300 8 years ago

Sorry Neo, way off with TWD

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, MD
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/166 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.