IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 360.
#8201 8 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

The only thing I think really slows a pinball down is video modes. Good points though.

See, and I'm crazy. I HATE almost all video modes (I sort of give the "bang the crap out of the flipper buttons" ones - like VND, South Park, etc have - and the BSD one a pass, but otherwise... ew) and anything that takes away the danger of losing the ball I don't like. So the lower playfield of ACDC? Can't lose the ball there, so to me it slows down the game and I don't like it as much as the other one.

I'll illustrate it this way - I got the planet ring lock for my JD. Figured out I don't really like it because when you lock a ball, it takes a while to lock it, and then fire the next ball into play. When multiball starts, it again takes a while to unload them all.

I found out that if you detach a wire from the diverter, it virtually locks all the balls and then the game fires them out crazy fast, and you never slow down while locking them. I put this in as a mod for my game so I can attach and detach the wire whenever... I pretty much ONLY play it with it detached. I like the speed more than what is basically the only toy on the game.

For GB, to me the potential negative on that ramp is if the balls don't fire out of the ramp quickly enough for my tastes from the bottom. I also want to see this right ramp in action - when I thought it looped and went shooting down the left ramp entry, I thought that was great. Knowing it comes back, well... it it stays on the ramp too long, it might not be my thing.

I'm quite secure in what I like and don't like in my pins, so I'm going to give them both an equal chance. It's a dream theme for me, but that doesn't mean I'll love the game (See: Indiana Jones, both).

#8202 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I put this in as a mod for my game

Blasphemy! You like non modded original pins!!!!

#8203 8 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

So I've ordered a new ghostbusters premium!!! Little does she know I ordered it back on the 14th...

image_(resized).jpeg

#8204 8 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

So I've ordered a new ghostbusters premium!!! Little does she know I ordered it back on the 14th...

image_(resized).jpeg

Haha, nice. I told my wife via text my desire to buy a premium, sent her some pics of the game and she said "Yeah, that's sweet. I can't even be mad about it lol".

#8205 8 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

image_(resized).jpeg

I cannot throw a stone since I live in a glass house. That's funny s*** there!

#8206 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Haha, nice. I told my wife via text my desire to buy a premium, sent her some pics of the game and she said "Yeah, that's sweet. I can't even be mad about it lol".

Funny, I had little interest in this pin until I saw the launch and that quickly changed to me priming the wife for the purchase. After sharing the videos and more details, she was convinced but I kept selling it to her... so I'm not sure who I'm trying to convince at this point. Perhaps I need to convince myself or justify the extra coin if I opt for the Premium?

#8207 8 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Funny, I had little interest in this pin until I saw the launch and that quickly changed to me priming the wife for the purchase. After sharing the videos and more details, she was convinced but I kept selling it to her... so I'm not sure who I'm trying to convince at this point. Perhaps I need to convince myself or justify the extra coin if I opt for the Premium?

Have you ever played the game?

#8208 8 years ago

You mean you guys don't have separate checking accounts? I buy what I want and she buys what she wants. We've never had an argument about money in 13 years!

#8209 8 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

For GB, to me the potential negative on that ramp is if the balls don't fire out of the ramp quickly enough for my tastes from the bottom. I also want to see this right ramp in action - when I thought it looped and went shooting down the left ramp entry, I thought that was great. Knowing it comes back, well... it it stays on the ramp too long, it might not be my thing.

Some earlier info "confirmed" (I don't know who) that the ramp is like Whitewater, it doesn't get stopped by a VUK. Balls get diverted underneath for the lock (and I would guess pop back up out of the scoop). If the ramp went to a VUK every time that would be a bummer, it's something I don't like about Party Zone

#8210 8 years ago

I think the ramp flows down through the playfield and flows up naturally, when not diverted to the ball lock. I believe I read or heard an interview that said the reason the left ramp had to be so steep was for the sole purpose of creating the momentum necessary for that to happen.

#8211 8 years ago

If there was any powered launch up to the right inlane, I would suspect that more than a spring steel flap would be needed to prevent the ball from flying up too far. But I'm no pinball engineer. Momentum for the win!

pasted_image_(resized).pngpasted_image_(resized).png

#8212 8 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

You mean you guys don't have separate checking accounts? I buy what I want and she buys what she wants. We've never had an argument about money in 13 years!

We have joint accounts and haven't had an argument about money in 15 years!

#8213 8 years ago

I hope you're right. I'm getting married in a couple of months and this is what we're planning to do. Of course, we already instantly have an argument if i say anything that could remotely be interpreted as me being interested in buying another machine this year. She already tells everyone that i "have another one on the way" as if Alien LE is going to appear on the doorstep any day now I'm a bit jealous of some of you guys

#8214 8 years ago

I have no idea how you married guys keep the peace buying pin after pin. I'm not married but do have 3 kids. When I ask them if we should get this or that pin, I get six thumbs up. It's great!

#8215 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

We have joint accounts and haven't had an argument about money in 15 years!

We've never had a money argument either. My wife stays at home and I have never worried about the money she spends or I spend. As long as everybody is pulling their weight in a relationship, money should be the last thing to worry about. All money is "our money."

#8216 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I have no idea how you married guys keep the peace buying pin after pin. I'm not married but do have 3 kids. When I ask them if we should get this or that pin, I get six thumbs up. It's great!

When my girlfriend moved in there was pinball in the garage, game room, hallway, and kitchen. Now there's no pinball in the kitchen so as long as I keep it that way she'll see it as an improvement no matter what I do. Gotta establish territorial dominance early.

#8217 8 years ago
Quoted from nman:

I hope you're right. I'm getting married in a couple of months and this is what we're planning to do. Of course, we already instantly have an argument if i say anything that could remotely be interpreted as me being interested in buying another machine this year. She already tells everyone that i "have another one on the way" as if Alien LE is going to appear on the doorstep any day now I'm a bit jealous of some of you guys

don't get married till your 40 and marry a 30 year old then have kids... best advice i ever got and it worked for me and checking accounts still separate thank god...my vegas trips need to be private!!! And if she could see me in her Iphone GPS, my blue dot would be all over the place.

#8218 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

You probably won't like the ESP video mode part either. Novelty at 1st, then after a few correct guesses you think when does this end?

#8219 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I have no idea how you married guys keep the peace buying pin after pin.

Someone needs to study the pinball buying center of the brain. It's got to be in this area somewhere.

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#8220 8 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

You probably won't like the ESP video mode part either. Novelty at 1st, then after a few correct guesses you think when does this end?

Whenever you want it to by cashing in.

#8221 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Someone needs to study the pinball buying center of the brain. It's got to be in this area somewhere.
image_(resized).png

Maybe we could turn that brain mapping into a new ramp layout.

#8222 8 years ago

We have separate accounts and a "house" joint account. It's not so much about the money, it's the space they take up (why she cares about the basement I'll never understand) and if we ever have to move.

#8223 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

If there was any powered launch up to the right inlane, I would suspect that more than a spring steel flap would be needed to prevent the ball from flying up too far. But I'm no pinball engineer. Momentum for the win!

pasted_image_(resized).png

My money is on the balls momentum carries it up the ramp, and if the lock is engaged it stops it under and can push it out the scoop. In that point if a ball for some reason cannot make it up the ramp I assume it follows the same path and is pushed out the scoop.

#8224 8 years ago

My wife loves pinball as much as me- when I told her about Ghostbusters a while back, she told me I better buy it. When the pics and video were released she told me to stop watching the videos and just buy it. Now that I have it on order, she asks me every other day if I have new info as to when we will be getting it- I love it !

#8225 8 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I think it's actually a good video mode. It rewards gambling, it's not something you can memorize, and you can quit at any moment you want. Each correct guess raises the stakes.

#8226 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Blasphemy! You like non modded original pins!!!!

I don't mind external mods like speakers or powdercoating, but stuff on the playfield... I don't think I've ever bought one mod for something on a machine's playfield.

Quoted from Butch2099:

Just from what I have heard, I *know* I won't like that. Again though, I realize it's different things for everyone and I put up with some video modes. I hope for the opportunity to turn it off.

#8227 8 years ago

The only problem I had with the video mode was the 50/50. I'd say increase it to three cards, or have it possibly be neither of the two cards to increase the risk of it. Otherwise I thought it was cool for what it was. You can get out at any time, so if you don't want to play it you can just cash in immediately.

#8228 8 years ago

Has anyone heard any estimated ship dates for the Pro or LEs?

#8229 8 years ago

I know pros ship before LE and since we haven't even seen a LE in action yet I'm guessing pro late April early may and LE late may early June just a guess though

#8230 8 years ago

In an earlier post JJ said Premium's/LE's expected in May but based on his experience likely in June, I'd take that as a pretty good guesstimate

#8231 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

image_(resized).png

From what I've seen during my relatively short time in the hobby, I'd guess it was the same place as or at least pretty close to the alcohol center...

Quoted from kpg:

My wife loves pinball as much as me- when I told her about Ghostbusters a while back, she told me I better buy it. When the pics and video were released she told me to stop watching the videos and just buy it. Now that I have it on order, she asks me every other day if I have new info as to when we will be getting it- I love it !

You suck.

Actually, my fiance did say GB premium looked "pretty cool" when i showed her some pics and didn't throw anything at me when i mentioned i would like to get one "sometime next year" so i guess thats an ok start. She also seemed interested in the magnetic slings concept so I'm hoping she'll like it once we actually get to play one.

#8232 8 years ago

My wife didn't like the burning marshmallow man on the premium backglass helped me justify the LE

#8233 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Have you ever played the game?

No, I like what I've seen and there is time to decide what way I want to go after the Premium is shown and I play the pin. My mind is made to buy my 1st NIB and this looks like a winner. Of course that could change...

We do but Real Life 1st. This is real money over 2 - 3x what I've spent on my 2 current pins depending on pro/premium.

I've got you beat by a decade and we hardly fight about anything and I plan on keeping that way.

Quoted from nman:

You should each have your own hobby or share a similar one, it's just that some are more expensive than others.

Quoted from rai:

image_(resized).png

Addiction is all the same....

Quoted from halpain24:

My money is on the balls momentum carries it up the ramp, and if the lock is engaged it stops it under and can push it out the scoop. In that point if a ball for some reason cannot make it up the ramp I assume it follows the same path and is pushed out the scoop.

Wonder if a subway lock, when active, is like the Getaway Diverter ramp lock before multi-ball, a "Subway" multi-ball if you will?

Edit: Corrected Super Charger to Diverter Ramp

#8234 8 years ago

We have separate accounts, she really doesn't care what I do, as long as the machines stay in the basement.
I just like to be a smart ass sometimes.

#8235 8 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Wonder if a subway lock, when active, is like the Getaway Super Charger lock before multi-ball, a "Subway" multi-ball if you will?

I guess your losing me with the Getaway, as the supercharger doesn't lock balls, the back ramp does. but I do think you are correct in a subway multiball.

#8236 8 years ago

The subway ramp diverts to a 3 ball trough under the PF (when lock is lit) on the Premium/LE. JT said as much in one of the interviews I listened to. Then they get VUK'd out the scoop that replaces the surface saucer the pro has.

#8237 8 years ago
Quoted from halpain24:

I guess your losing me with the Getaway, as the supercharger doesn't lock balls, the back ramp does. but I do think you are correct in a subway multiball.

Yeah, strike that... I meant the diverter ramp

#8238 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The subway ramp diverts to a 3 ball trough under the PF (when lock is lit) on the Premium/LE. JT said as much in one of the interviews I listened to. Then they get VUK'd out the scoop that replaces the surface saucer the pro has.

Yes, this is what I figured. I didn't attend the Q&A. I also assume that while people think something kicks the ball up the ramp when lock is not lit, that this is not true. It's momentum carries it up and if it fails to do so, joins the locked balls and one is kicked out of the scoop. Sound about right?

#8239 8 years ago
Quoted from halpain24:

Yes, this is what I figured. I didn't attend the Q&A. I also assume that while people think something kicks the ball up the ramp when lock is not lit, that this is not true. It's momentum carries it up and if it fails to do so, joins the locked balls and one is kicked out of the scoop. Sound about right?

Yes. In the "this flippin podcast" interview with Trudeau (a must listen imo for info about Ghostbusters, along with Coast2Coast's podcast with Jody) he talks about that is why the ramp is so steep on the LE/Premium. It had to be that high to guarantee the momentum on the downslope would come out from under the playfield consistently. He said they had a test running that tried it 300,000 times and failed to come out like 24 times or something like that.

That's one thing that is going to be interesting to see on the Premium/LE. The left ramp is steeper so it might be more difficult to make consistently.

#8240 8 years ago

Ohh, I never noticed the ramp was bigger on the LE. I can't stop switching between the pictures of the two now. Someone's going to complain that ruins the game for sure

#8241 8 years ago

Shooting the right ramp on the Pro feels good. There is nothing about it that feels slow. Going up the right ramp, and back down to the right flipper, feels faster than the ramps on TWD. Most any game with long ramps like TWD will feel like they slow flow of the game more than GB Pro right ramp.

Quoted from goatdan:

... if it stays on the ramp too long, it might not be my thing.

#8242 8 years ago

While playing GB at TPF with MnPinball, he was able to correctly answer every time. We were approaching closing time for the night, and the people behind us were restless, it felt like it took a long time. When he was able to get ever question correct, people behind us were asking what the trick was. While some may be complaining about this video mode, the bonus for getting everything right was over 200 million.

Quoted from jar155:

I think it's actually a good video mode. It rewards gambling, it's not something you can memorize, and you can quit at any moment you want. Each correct guess raises the stakes.

#8243 8 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

While playing GB at TPF with MnPinball, he was able to correctly answer every time. We were approaching closing time for the night, and the people behind us were restless, it felt like it took a long time. When he was able to get ever question correct, people behind us were asking what the tricks was. While some may be complaining about this video mode, the bonus for getting everything right was over 200 million.

Being able to get it right every time somehow seems like just as much no skill as random chance would be, unless it's something he has to figure out mentally (not sure how it would work). Oh well, it's a video mode, we'll see how it goes. It's not like anyone ever has high hopes for video mode.

#8244 8 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

While playing GB at TPF with MnPinball, he was able to correctly answer every time. We were approaching closing time for the night, and the people behind us were restless, it felt like it took a long time. When he was able to get ever question correct, people behind us were asking what the trick was. While some may be complaining about this video mode, the bonus for getting everything right was over 200 million.

I thought Dwight said there is no end to this video mode as it will go until you cash out or miss guess

#8245 8 years ago

From watching the videos, I am not a fan of the video mode at all. I hope there is an option to turn it off.

#8246 8 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

From watching the videos, I am not a fan of the video mode at all. I hope there is an option to turn it off.

You can choose cash out at any time. Don't want to play it? Choose cash out.

#8247 8 years ago

I liked the video mode. Simple stuff like rolling the dice that's all it is. As long as it's not a video mode trying to be like a video game, like a bad 8 bit video game, I'm good.

#8248 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

You can choose cash out at any time. Don't want to play it? Choose cash out.

I'm sure you can turn it off in the settings too like GOT

#8249 8 years ago

You can disable it on GoT so I imagine you can on this too

#8250 8 years ago

i like video modes! adds a little some th'in

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/165 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.