IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 164 of 360.
#8151 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Some people wear by Metallica Premium, I personally like the Pro SOOOOO much more. In fact, in general that is where my tastes lay...

Ok so you don't like kick ass light shows, spinners ect ect... Gotcha

#8152 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Ladies and gentlemen, We have a new Panzer "toys mentioned in one post" record!!
rd

Haha. I never thought I would say "toys" so many times in a post for a newer Stern game, lol

#8153 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

So there has been some criticism about the tiered structure of the modes. I've just done some quick calculations to see how extensively the 3 laddered tiers would result in mode fatigue and there is indeed room for concern.
I've assumed playing 4 games, in each of these four games you would play to an equal level across all 3 ladders, and progress incrementally upward in each successive game (e.g. Game 1, you would play 'Back off Man', 'We Got One', and 'Okay Who Brought the Dog', Game 2 you play up to 'Spooked Librarian', 'He Slimed Me', and 'Spook Central' and so forth). Here are the results:
You would play 26 modes. Of those modes:
1) 46% (almost half) of the time you would be playing the lowest on each ladder ('Back off Man', 'We Got One', and 'Okay Who Brought the Dog')
2) 35% (a third) of the time you would be playing Spooked Librarian', 'He Slimed Me', and 'Spook Central'
3) 15% of the time you would get to play 'The Ballroom' and 'Gozer the Gozerian'
4) And only 4% of the time (just once) you would get to play 'Stay Puft Marshmallow Man' (It'd be a special rare mode!)

And so easy to fix with an optional game setting that would allow for randomizing the modes within the tiers. I mentioned this earlier in the thread. I just hope it gets back to them and they consider it.

#8154 8 years ago

Speaking of toys here's a couple pics of the rumored aftermarket proton pack gun toys. They look pretty cool. If Stern wasn't planning to sell them I doubt the plugs for them in the outlanes would be there.

proton_1_(resized).JPGproton_1_(resized).JPG

I'm not sure if this is the slimer mech or a mech for the proton pack guns.
proton_2_(resized).JPGproton_2_(resized).JPG

#8155 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Speaking of toys here's a couple pics of the rumored aftermarket proton pack toys. They look pretty cool. If Stern wasn't planning to sell them I doubt the plugs for them in the outlanes would be there.
proton_1_(resized).JPG
proton_2_(resized).JPG

Those shots are in the promotional videos,. Lets hope we can get them as add ons later on. We are in!

#8156 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think GB pro will go down as one of the best pro's due to how much it offers, just like MET pro is regarded. I have a MET Pro LED, love it but of course would like to at least have the awesome hammer / ball lock toy on the premium.
With GB premium Stern appears to be offering more then any other premium they have made to date. There's a large steel subway ramp with signs that drops below the playfield and exits either above or goes into physical 3 ball lock to exit at a scoop on the top side of the playfield. Then there's the magnetic slings that open up a ton of new and exciting options for gameplay. You would think that would be it as far as premium offerings go compared to other recent Stern premiums but nope. There's also the Slimer toy that rotates / moves to probably 3-4 different shots on the playfield. To top it off there's an awesome peppers ghost effect toy that will result in "ghosts" appearing on the playfield itself that the ball interacts with Pinball 2K style. Holy sh*t that's a ton of stuff and I didn't mention the couple detailed molded toys on the premium / LE !
The best thing in my opinion about the extra offerings on GB premium / LE (the subway, magnetic slings, Ecto Goggles toy, the rotating Slimer) is that they all interact with the ball. So many premiums offer items that may move but don't interact with the ball such as a dragon that moves a bit more on GOT premium, a car that spins on Mustang premium, a TNT detonator that goes up and down on ACDC premium, a ship the moves a bit more on Star Trek premium, a grave marker that comes up out of the playfield on MET premium, etc. Those are cool extra's but you just can't be interactive toys, those are the type of extra's I want when dropping nearly $7k on a pinball machine of all things, and GB premium / LE appears to be offering more interactive toys then any other game Stern has built.

Hello all. I'm a newbie here, first post. I have always dreamed of owning my own pinball and am strongly considering making GB Premium my first choice. I was at the Texas Pinball Festival on Sunday and played 5 hours on a couple dozen machines. Although I'm not a good player it reminded me how much fun it is! I love the tactile sensation you get from playing, as well as the eye-candy and game sounds. It really is a feast for the senses. I'm enjoying reading through this thread. Thank you for the information.

#8157 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Ladies and gentlemen, We have a new Panzer "toys mentioned in one post" record!!
rd

sheeeeet.

You must be new here.

He could rattle of that many "toy" references in one WoZ sentence....much less a full post!

#8158 8 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

Hello all. I'm a newbie here, first post. I have always dreamed of owning my own pinball and am strongly considering making GB Premium my first choice. I was at the Texas Pinball Festival on Sunday and played 5 hours on a couple dozen machines. Although I'm not a good player it reminded me how much fun it is! I love the tactile sensation you get from playing, as well as the eye-candy and game sounds. It really is a feast for the senses. I'm enjoying reading through this thread. Thank you for the information.

Welcome, I'm glad you liked GB. It's interesting that you like GB as well as not being a great player. I think the best games are those that can appeal to both casual players and better players as well so as you gain skill you won't get bored with it.

I'll hope GB is one, it's certainly checked a lot of boxes, sound, toys, art, theme, layout etc..

The big unknown to me is the rules, just be prepared from the start of you do buy GB as your first pin you might not know for a while how the rules will end up. I suspect if this is a great hit (it seems) Stern will keep production up and hopefully keep the rules team working.

But if you want a sure thing, get a Metallica or Tron or even Tspp as these games are well done (sound, theme, music, layout, fun) and the rules are not up in the air.

#8159 8 years ago

I am a newbie here. I own the Ballys Kiss and Sopranos and now getting my first NIB. These posts are awesome and this post I am repying to just convinced me Premium is the way to go. Pro is cool but I know I would regret not getting all the extras. Anyone on the fence can still put in a order for the premium without worry since the LE is coming out first so you can watch vids or find one to play and if you don't think it's worth the extra cash you can change your order to a pro or cancel for a refund on your deposit. It's a no brainer for me and I like the comfort of being able to back out. I am 99% sure I won't change my order. Thanks for all the posts it's a huge help!!

#8160 8 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

Welcome to Pinside.

Since there is absolutely no reason to order a GB Premium until they are available for shipping, I would wait until you can actually play GB Premium (with magnetic slings) next to a GB Pro (with regular slings) to see if you like this new sling design. The magnetic slings may make the Premium play completely different than most games produced in the past 30-40 years.

Not saying magnetic slings will be a bad thing - they may be fantastic - but buying your first pin expecting it to play like all others you have played in the past could be disappointing. By playing them both first at least you wont be surprised.

#8161 8 years ago

Curious if anyone else likes the artwork on the Pro more than the Premium?
It would be nice if we had a choice when purchasing.

#8162 8 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

I do. The pro is really good looking in person.

#8163 8 years ago

I like the LE best but between the pro and premium I like the premium side art better and the pros backglass

#8164 8 years ago

I was going to get a Premium but couldn't afford the extra bread so I changed my order to a Pro. I'm disappointed to be sure but I just love how the the plastic ramps just seem to disappear into the pf art and toys. Looks like I'm gonna change mine into a Promium.

#8165 8 years ago

Every model has awesome art for sure. Some parts some people may like better on certain models but in no way can anyone say anything is bad about any of it. Just personal preferences

#8166 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Every model has awesome art for sure. Some parts some people may like better on certain models but in no way can anyone say anything is bad about any of it. Just personal preferences

Sooooo true.

#8167 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I haven't seen this mentioned, but one complaint i heard about GB PRO is its very right flipper heavy. Meaning, most the play is done by the right flipper.

Tron is the same way.

#8168 8 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Nothing will fill the Iron Man void. Get Iron Man, too.

I am late to the game, but I agree. If you crave Iron Man; make it so. Nothing else will suffice.

#8169 8 years ago

There may be a reason to preorder a pro or premium. They are only making a limited number of Pros in the first batch, then LEs. Then maybe a batch of premiums then more pros.

In any event, there will only be so many pros built in the first batch and so many premuims built until mid to late summer. Based on demand, if you are not in on the first batch of Pros or first batch of premiums and they sell out, you may be waiting until July or later to get one.

Just sayin' we could have a shortage of pros and/or premiums initially. So if you want one in the quickest timeframe, might be a reasonable idea to pre-order.

However, if you are in no rush to have the best title in years in your gameroom, no reason to preorder.

#8171 8 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

There may be a reason to preorder a pro or premium. They are only making a limited number of Pros in the first batch, then LEs. Then maybe a batch of premiums then more pros.
In any event, there will only be so many pros built in the first batch and so many premuims built until mid to late summer. Based on demand, if you are not in on the first batch of Pros or first batch of premiums and they sell out, you may be waiting until July or later to get one.
Just sayin' we could have a shortage of pros and/or premiums initially. So if you want one in the quickest timeframe, might be a reasonable idea to pre-order.
However, if you are in no rush to have the best title in years in your gameroom, no reason to preorder.

As long as they don't sell out and then stop making the pin, I'm willing to wait to see the Premium before I spend my money.

#8172 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I was going to get a Premium but couldn't afford the extra bread so I changed my order to a Pro. I'm disappointed to be sure but I just love how the the plastic ramps just seem to disappear into the pf art and toys. Looks like I'm gonna change mine into a Promium.

I may be in that spot too... I have the cash for a Pro but that last 2k for a Premium is killing me, maybe I sell my Getaway and stick with just 2 pins but somehow that seems like it defeats the purpose of 3 pins in my collection (space and wife issues).

#8173 8 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

I agree. Wish you could custom order the cab/trans. Would be cool to pick and choose. Would also be a nice revenue stream for stern.

my preferences in order:

1) Pro
2) Premium
3-5) Portraits of Rosie O'Donnell
6) Slimer LE

#8174 8 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I may be in that spot too... I have the cash for a Pro but that last 2k for a Premium is killing me, maybe I sell my Getaway and stick with just 2 pins but somehow that seems like it defeats the purpose of 3 pins in my collection (space and wife issues).

Such first world problems we have.

#8175 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

lol, yeah, since you put it that way I feel sort of piggish...

#8176 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

I agree. Wish you could custom order the cab/trans. Would be cool to pick and choose. Would also be a nice revenue stream for stern.
my preferences in order:
1) Pro
2) Premium
6) Slimer LE

1) Pro Cabinet with Premium back box and Translite
2) Slimer LE

I'll stop there.... lol!

#8177 8 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

lol, yeah, since you put it that way I feel sort of piggish...

Your not the only one, we all have felt that way many times in this hobby.

#8178 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Your not the only one, we all have felt that way many times in this hobby.

I continue to tell myself that I've worked all my life to be in this spot and I'm not wasting my money. I guess the good news is that I don't really spend money on anything else (just in case my wife is reading!)

#8179 8 years ago

1) Slimer LE
2) Pro Cabinet with Premium back box and Translite

#8180 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

To help me decide I go downtown and kick a homeless guy in the balls and tell him I can't decide between buying a Pro or Premium pinball machine.

#8181 8 years ago

That's an interesting statement. The coffin ball lock and hammer are so cool (as is the cross). You're saying if the premium was less (suspend reality for a moment) than the pro you'd pay more for the pro?

I know of at least two bigger collectors where money isn't an issue who bought the pro over the premium, yes.

Quoted from Concretehardt:

Ok so you don't like kick ass light shows, spinners ect ect... Gotcha

Don't know why you're trying to be sarcastic. I think that having differing opinions is a great thing for the hobby.

As for me, I play my games and don't really care about the light shows. It's why I can claim VND is one of my favorite games of all time - the art is horrendous, but once I figured out the gameplay I love it. Your mileage may vary, but that doesn't mean because you think that VND looks stupid I'm going to suddenly hate it too.

To me, Metallica Pro is the better game and I also do own it over the premium. Why? Two reasons:

1) I like keeping my games stock. The captive ball where the hammer is on the premium being the block is not as interesting of a shot to try to bank things off.

2) I like my games fast as can be. The hammer in Metallica slows it down. In fact, due to this, a lot of the Pros I like over the Premiums because they are made faster. Although I wouldn't own one, I actually like ACDC Pro over the Premium because of how much the mini playfield slows things down.

If either of the above statements worry someone who owns a Metallica Premium and makes them want to rethink their decision, sorry. I am just saying what my personal tastes are, and that's okay. From what I see of Ghostbusters, barring something with the right ramp, I kind of think that I'll like the Pro more than the Premium.

#8183 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

To help me decide I go downtown and kick a homeless guy in the balls and tell him I can't decide between buying a Pro or Premium pinball machine.

I do the same thing. I was eating a cookie, thinking about when to order my GB Premium, and I saw a homeless man with a sign. It really put things into perspective.

So I rolled down my window and threw the cookie at him.

#8184 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

You have homeless people in Canada?

#8185 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I know of at least two bigger collectors where money isn't an issue who bought the pro over the premium, yes.

Don't know why you're trying to be sarcastic. I think that having differing opinions is a great thing for the hobby.
As for me, I play my games and don't really care about the light shows. It's why I can claim VND is one of my favorite games of all time - the art is horrendous, but once I figured out the gameplay I love it. Your mileage may vary, but that doesn't mean because you think that VND looks stupid I'm going to suddenly hate it too.
To me, Metallica Pro is the better game and I also do own it over the premium. Why? Two reasons:
1) I like keeping my games stock. The captive ball where the hammer is on the premium being the block is not as interesting of a shot to try to bank things off.
2) I like my games fast as can be. The hammer in Metallica slows it down. In fact, due to this, a lot of the Pros I like over the Premiums because they are made faster. Although I wouldn't own one, I actually like ACDC Pro over the Premium because of how much the mini playfield slows things down.
If either of the above statements worry someone who owns a Metallica Premium and makes them want to rethink their decision, sorry. I am just saying what my personal tastes are, and that's okay. From what I see of Ghostbusters, barring something with the right ramp, I kind of think that I'll like the Pro more than the Premium.

From what I can see, the only things that looks like it could slow down the Premium GB over the Pro GB are the magnetic slings, and that's TBD because we haven't seen them in action, and maybe the subway ball lock (but the ball rolling back down the ramp or the one way drop back feeding the right flipper in the Pro may be a trade off?).

#8186 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Totally fair. I love fast games too but I cant really see the hammer materially slowing things down enough to worry me...Especially since its such a fun/cool ball lock. I do like whizbang stuff like the hammer, the coffin lock and the rising cross (that is just so cool)...I do understand others prefer just to 'play' and dont worry about light shows toys etc. Wish I didnt like all that stuff, it'd save me some coin!!!

#8187 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I agree with you on the pro/premium LE argument. That's why Stern makes different models. I really like the hammer toy on the Premium, which influenced me to buy it. Every time the hammer knocks the ball underneath the playfield, I make a noise of an explosion with my mouth. LOL But I think the premium is the way to go on the AC/DC because even if you do have to go to the mini-playfield, you still are playing pinball by looping and hitting the targets and shots.

The only thing I think really slows a pinball down is video modes. Good points though.

#8188 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

You have homeless people in Canada?

They open doors to shopping malls and keep the sidewalks free of litter for us. In return our government provides free health care and liquor stamps.

I heard some rumour that you guy have doors that open automatically when you walk towards them? Ya right... What are we? On the bridge of the U.S.S. Enterprise or something.

#8189 8 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

From what I can see, the only things that looks like it could slow down the Premium GB over the Pro GB are the magnetic slings, and that's TBD because we haven't seen them in action, and maybe the subway ball lock (but the ball rolling back down the ramp or the one way drop back feeding the right flipper in the Pro may be a trade off?).

Ball locks often take a few seconds.

However, what if when the lock is lit, hitting the under playfield ramp triggers the lock and the ball just keeps going? That would be the fastest ball lock I've seen.

Or maybe it pauses and comes out the VUK. This would probably feel like normal ball lock delay. Nothing bad about it, just the norm.

#8191 8 years ago

I never understood the desire for less toys because they "slow" the ball down. At some point these crazy NIB price tags need to be backed up by items that interact with the ball. Speed / flow is only worth so much when the price tag is $5k- $8k. Toys that slow down the ball like the hammer in MET, the gumball machine in TZ, the spinning magnet in XMEN, etc are the types of items I expect in modern pins. Those types of toys make pinball fun and I've never considered them a negative for a game. Physical ball locks, items that grab the ball, mini playfields and other interactive toys only increase the fun factor in my eyes.

I'll say the same thing for "long" DMD animations / multiball setups. A couple people said the storage facility multiball intro is too long. Really? I think it's awesome and is a cool build up. Some people just need to slow down and appreciate these cool types of items in a pinball machine.

Thankfully GB premium / LE is loaded up with a ton of interactive features to back up it's high price tag, that's how it should be.

#8192 8 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Here's a thing
» YouTube video

That's great!

#8193 8 years ago

my preferences in order:
1) Pro
2) Premium
6) Slimer LE

The LE is my least favorite, but because I like the others more. It's not bad at all . Stern makes enough stuff that looks like crap to take your hate out on.

pasted_image_(resized).pngpasted_image_(resized).pngpasted_image_(resized).pngpasted_image_(resized).pngpasted_image_(resized).pngpasted_image_(resized).png

#8194 8 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I continue to tell myself that I've worked all my life to be in this spot and I'm not wasting my money. I guess the good news is that I don't really spend money on anything else (just in case my wife is reading!)

Now you did it....she's gonna hit you up for a new kitchen now.

#8195 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I never understood the desire for less toys because they "slow" the ball down. At some point these crazy NIB price tags need to be backed up by items that interact with the ball. Speed / flow is only worth so much when the price tag is $5k- $8k. Toys that slow down the ball like the hammer in MET, the gumball machine in TZ, the spinning magnet in XMEN, etc are the types of items I expect in modern pins. Those types of toys make pinball fun and I've never considered them a negative for a game. Physical ball locks, items that grab the ball, mini playfields and other interactive toys only increase the fun factor in my eyes.
Thankfully GB premium / LE is loaded up with a ton of interactive features to back up it's high price tag, that's how it should be.

You've got to change your way of thinking to figure out how the Pro Police are going to claim Ghostbusters Pro is categorically better than Ghostbusters Premium. The magna-slings will be a pro-power target for sure. The subway ramp is going to "ruin the flow". Maybe the Ecto Goggles block vision of the right orbit!

#8196 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I do. The pro is really good looking in person.

4895444_(resized).jpg4895444_(resized).jpg

#8197 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Now you did it....she's gonna hit you up for a new kitchen now.

Done!

#8198 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Quoted from Mudflaps:

I do the same thing. I was eating a cookie, thinking about when to order my GB Premium, and I saw a homeless man with a sign. It really put things into perspective.
So I rolled down my window and threw the cookie at him.

Wow you guys are dicks!

Personally, I have plans to donate my GB LE box to a homeless person. If you ever see a homeless person with a Stern Pinball box that has a Slimer LE stamp on it, just remember, that was me, one damn fine Good Samaritan !! lol

#8199 8 years ago

So I've ordered a new ghostbusters premium!!! Little does she know I ordered it back on the 14th...

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#8200 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Wow you guys are dicks!

Personally, I have plans to donate my GB LE box to a homeless person. If you ever see a homeless person with a Stern Pinball box that has a Slimer LE stamp on it, just remember, that was me, one damn fine Good Samaritan !! lol

Here's a thought, dress like a homeless person and stand on a corner next to your game set up holding a sign that said "quarters needed". Can someone PhotoShop together a picture like that?

Or is that being to cruel. If so I'll take this down.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

15,699 (OBO)
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 164 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/164 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.