IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 360.
#8001 8 years ago

After playing GB with headphones, I'll say that the audio improvement in Spike is more important than a color lcd. Not saying we shouldn't have both, but the audio was a real treat.

#8002 8 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

GB definitely has that one more game draw, I'd love to have one for sure. Can't wait to try out the premium, even the pro is a killer pin

I always wanted an Iron Man, but have ordered a Ghostbusters Pro for May arrival in Australia. Hoping Ghostbusters will fill the Iron Man void. Love my Tron and machines with the "one more game" draw to them.

#8003 8 years ago

Moved to Stern subforum. (Took us 8000 posts to decide that !?)

#8004 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Moved to Stern subforum. (Took us 8000 posts to decide that !?)

Yup....right on the ball.

#8005 8 years ago

This may have been answered already, but does anyone know the expected ship dates for the different models?
Are the Premiums expected early/late May?
Thanks!

#8006 8 years ago

Played several games at TPF along with the wife and friends. Everyone loved the game and the wife wants one. The artwork is simply amazing and I love the playfield's tight shots. Its not a brutal game but does punish you for flailing around and bricking shots. I think thats a positive. The sounds were great including the GB title track and effects (including the honking... non-issue). I'm not a pro buyer, but it felt like a full game even without the Premium's features. On the downside, IMO, the light show is a big step back from the GOT Premium that was sitting next to it.

#8007 8 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

On the downside, IMO, the light show is a big step back from the GOT Premium that was sitting next to it.

Does the Pemium have the same lights how as the Pro?

#8008 8 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Played several games at TPF along with the wife and friends. Everyone loved the game and the wife wants one. The artwork is simply amazing and I love the playfield's tight shots. Its not a brutal game but does punish you for flailing around and bricking shots. I think thats a positive. The sounds were great including the GB title track and effects (including the honking... non-issue). I'm not a pro buyer, but it felt like a full game even without the Premium's features. On the downside, IMO, the light show is a big step back from the GOT Premium that was sitting next to it.

Great to hear. Thanks for the write up!

I'm sure the light shows will get better as the code progresses, there looks to be a lot of flashers in the game and the premium / LE has at least one more dome flasher over the pro (storage facility).

#8009 8 years ago

Same light show im guessing as there is same amount of rgb's etc. St and Got have their thing going and gb has its thing so not a bad thing in my opinion. Im sure something was taken away to add to another. I dont want all pins to do a woz, just the odd changer here and there is suffice and have different titles with different strengths. It would get boring fast of they were all the same.
Because you can doesnt mean you always should.

#8010 8 years ago

So GB has no colour changing GI in any models? Just 1 colour changing insert on each lane?

#8011 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Does the Pemium have the same lights how as the Pro?

Quoted from FalconPunch:

So GB has no colour changing GI in any models? Just 1 colour changing insert on each lane?

My understanding is same lighting capabilities between models, so no color changing GI on the Premium or LE. Of course there are ways to rationalize that decision, but excuses are excuses. Its less cool than recent offerings from a lighting perspective. Still a fun game.

#8012 8 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

My understanding is same lighting capabilities between models, so no color changing GI on the Premium or LE. Of course there are ways to rationalize that decision, but excuses are excuses. Its less cool than recent offerings from a lighting perspective. Still a fun game.

Sure. Cannot really complain as they are packing a lot in.

Personally I would rather them take out some toys and put colour changing GI. As it's more important or me... Especially when comparing models.

#8013 8 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

I always wanted an Iron Man, but have ordered a Ghostbusters Pro for May arrival in Australia. Hoping Ghostbusters will fill the Iron Man void. Love my Tron and machines with the "one more game" draw to them.

Nothing will fill the Iron Man void. Get Iron Man, too.

#8014 8 years ago

So are there any color changing inserts on GB pro?

#8015 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

So are there any color changing inserts on GB pro?

7 or 8 if I recall. The big arrow inserts.

#8016 8 years ago

Boy, you guys are selling me the
Pro

#8017 8 years ago

Yeah, all of the larger arrow inserts are color changing for the pro and premium / LE. I bet Stern had to limit the number of color changing inserts due how much else is in the game. Personally I much rather have a couple extra toys then all color changing inserts. You don't play the inserts, lol. At least a handful of inserts are color changing.

#8018 8 years ago

Was at TPF this weekend. Had a great time. Got to play Ghostbusters and listen to Trudeau seminar. My thoughts and experiences:

The lines to play Ghostbusters were long all weekend. Didn't get to play it as much as I'd like, but my impressions was very positive. Beautiful cabinet and play field art. Looks better in person. Lots of shots, all very satisfying to hit. Audio was amazing. Played one game with headphones one. Such an improvement over SAM. Dots were exceptional too. Best I've seen on a DMD. This is important for when the game is colorized by ColorDMD. The color dots only look as good as their source.

The Stay-Puft marshmellow Man was out and cut in front of me and my brother to play and make a video. You can see us grumbling in Stern's Facebook video standing right behind him. I think it was Jared.

Trudeau's seminar was very interesting. I asked him about assets from Ghostbusters II. He said that the studio wanted them to use assists from the sequel, but Trudeau didn't like the Vigo character. He thought the Scoleri brothers and the Pneumatic Transit System were good fits. He said we may see some pink slime in the dots in a future update tied to the Pneumatic Transit System.

Another guy asked about the possibility of a color LCD upgrade from Stern. Trudeau said that when the LCD hits later this year, it will be with a SPIKE 2.0 system, so the current SPIKE systems can't drive the display they are working on.

Will definitely be ordering a Premium when I get home. I'm in love with this game!

#8019 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Was at TPF this weekend. Had a great time. Got to play Ghostbusters and listen to Trudeau seminar. My thoughts and experiences:
The lines to play Ghostbusters were long all weekend. Didn't get to play it as much as I'd like, but my impressions was very positive. Beautiful cabinet and play field art. Looks better in person. Lots of shots, all very satisfying to hit. Audio was amazing. Played one game with headphones one. Such an improvement over SAM. Dots were exceptional too. Best I've seen on a DMD. This is important for when the game is colorized by ColorDMD. The color dots only look as good as their source.
The Stay-Puft marshmellow Man was out and cut in front of me and my brother to play and make a video. You can see us grumbling in Stern's Facebook video standing right behind him. I think it was Jared.
Trudeau's seminar was very interesting. I asked him about assets from Ghostbusters II. He said that the studio wanted them to use assists from the sequel, but Trudeau didn't like the Vigo character. He thought the Scoleri brothers and the Pneumatic Transit System were good fits. He said we may see some pink slime in the dots in a future update tied to the Pneumatic Transit System.
Another guy asked about the possibility of a color LCD upgrade from Stern. Trudeau said that when the LCD hits later this year, it will be with a SPIKE 2.0 system, so the current SPIKE systems can't drive the display they are working on.
Will definitely be ordering a Premium when I get home. I'm in love with this game!

Great to hear, thanks for the write up! The dots do look awesome on the game so far. During the seminar with John did he mention anything interesting about the magnetic slings and / or the Ecto Goggles toy? Hear anything about future code / rules plans for the game?

That's interesting news about Spike 2.0. I was wondering how Stern expected Spike to drive a larger HD display.

#8020 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Great to hear, thanks for the write up! The dots do look awesome on the game so far. During the seminar with John did he mention anything interesting about the magnetic slings and / or the Ecto Goggles toy? Hear anything about future code / rules plans for the game?
That's interesting news about Spike 2.0. I was wondering how Stern expected Spike to drive a larger HD display.

He said the magnetic slings can function mainly as good as the real ones for the normal purpose, but with the added ability to do interesting things with the balls, like pass them back and forth, or grab one and drop it on your flipper, etc...

Nothing stood out about the Goggles that we don't already know. Sounds like a really cool addition. He said the focus was Pro code, and that would be the basis of the Premium/LE code.

#8021 8 years ago

Actually, he said the small LCD used in the Ecto Goggles was originally supposed to be for the car inserts on Mustang. They were going to show videos of the cars in motion, turning round, etc. Was cut for cost. Same sized LCD was re-used for Ecto Goggles.

#8022 8 years ago

White looks fucking horrible. Thanks for the update on playing...mine is on order....

#8024 8 years ago

Does the marshmallow man toy lights up good ? Can't see him
Light up in video and does it changes color ?

CoOL video , listen to the guy lolll
Reverse Flipper.

#8025 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The architecture of spike (modular with bus) has made the idea of adding on a display board a speculative thing from the very beginning. I think it would be pretty much a slap in the face if Stern needs to revamp the main board significantly to add the LCD. I would expect a 'display board' with it's own GPU/SoC.

#8026 8 years ago

Well,
Just got back from TPF... nice to see game just after release...
A few thoughts since the lines were alway about 8-12 people long on both games.. only able to watch a little and play twice...

Pro seems to be destined to good value like the MET and TWD...you're just not missing game pieces and shots like in GOT Pro
or other similar Pros in past.. I don't know about light show missing but pf is so colorful/artistic and lit well that you just won't notice it I think... plenty of shots/rapid bounce around and who cares about subway shot under pf? I think?

Pro version just looked and sounded fun as is... especially if code fully matures.. having actual movie quotes too? perfect just like LOTR...

Yes, if you can afford it LE/Premium will have nice eye candy/a few details but won't effect fun of gameplay/feel like you're playing a different game...

#8028 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The architecture of spike (modular with bus) has made the idea of adding on a display board a speculative thing from the very beginning. I think it would be pretty much a slap in the face if Stern needs to revamp the main board significantly to add the LCD. I would expect a 'display board' with it's own GPU/SoC.

Why would it be a slap in the face?

#8029 8 years ago

Why would it be a slap in the face?

You task your guys to build a modular next-gen platform... very well knowing that the display demands will include a full color display in the products lifecycle, if not at basically the very start of its lifecycle.. and when it comes to execution.. you find your new platform can't handle the needs after being in the market for only 18months and after 4-5 titles? That would be a 'fail' in system architecture. The system is modular.. I sure hope the main board hasn't already been made obsolete.

Instead I expect it to be a 'release 2.0' of the platform.. which means adding to the platform.. rather than having to rev the existing common main board.

#8030 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You task your guys to build a modular next-gen platform... very well knowing that the display demands will include a full color display in the products lifecycle, if not at basically the very start of its lifecycle.. and when it comes to execution.. you find your new platform can't handle the needs after being in the market for only 18months and after 4-5 titles? That would be a 'fail' in system architecture. The system is modular.. I sure hope the main board hasn't already been made obsolete.
Instead I expect it to be a 'release 2.0' of the platform.. which means adding to the platform.. rather than having to rev the existing common main board.

Who cares? SPIKE 1.0 users weren't promised an LCD.

#8031 8 years ago

I got several games in this weekend and after playing it I think I'm more excited for this game than any release since getting back in the hobby in 2012.

#8032 8 years ago

I got several games in this weekend and after playing it I think I'm more excited for this game than any release since getting back in the hobby in 2012. I love the layout, what I understand of the rules so far, art, music,...just about everything. Looking forward to seeing the magnetic flippers, but the pro was awesome.

#8033 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It was stated exactly that way in Trudeau's seminar. Spike 2.0.

Brad

#8035 8 years ago

Hey man, wish you would have yelled at me! was there all weekend.

#8037 8 years ago

20160318_124631[1]_(resized).jpg20160318_124631[1]_(resized).jpg

20160318_124639[1]_(resized).jpg20160318_124639[1]_(resized).jpg

#8038 8 years ago

I have some pretty good high res shots I took of the game before glass on Thursday. If you guys want more, let me know...

#8039 8 years ago

I want more of the pro playfield, especially the right ramp. Thx in advance.

#8040 8 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

I want more of the pro playfield, especially the right ramp. Thx in advance.

Could someone describe what this ramp does? From what I have read, people don't love it, but I don't understand why.

#8041 8 years ago

20160318_124642[1]_(resized).jpg20160318_124642[1]_(resized).jpg

20160318_123955[1]_(resized).jpg20160318_123955[1]_(resized).jpg

20160318_123911[1]_(resized).jpg20160318_123911[1]_(resized).jpg

20160318_123920[1]_(resized).jpg20160318_123920[1]_(resized).jpg

20160318_123950[1]_(resized).jpg20160318_123950[1]_(resized).jpg

20160318_123929[1]_(resized).jpg20160318_123929[1]_(resized).jpg

#8042 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Could someone describe what this ramp does? From what I have read, people don't love it, but I don't understand why.

ball goes up right ramp... and heads LEFT around to left ramp.. hits one-way gate, then goes backwards and feeds back to right side return llane of the ramp. So it goes up, hits a 'dead end' and returns back to the right side return of the ramp. So instead of a single direction, it does a 'u-turn' kind of.

#8043 8 years ago

Looks like the top piece of metal that Slimer is suspended from is taking some abuse. I smell a mod in the works!

(not by me, but by somebody)

#8044 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Looks like the top piece of metal that Slimer is suspended from is taking some abuse. I smell a mod in the works!
(not by me, but by somebody)

Yup

#8045 8 years ago

Lots of the same mods coming out of the woodwork from everyone. Gonna get interesting.

#8046 8 years ago

Who cares? SPIKE 1.0 users weren't promised an LCD.

those needing parts... knowledge... those interested in Stern's business, technology. EOL parts and multiple variations means more complexity over the lifetime of the unit for the owners.

#8047 8 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

This may have been answered already, but does anyone know the expected ship dates for the different models?
Are the Premiums expected early/late May?
Thanks!

I just put a deposit on a Premium and was told it probably won't ship till June.

#8048 8 years ago

The plastics in this game appear to add to the art as well as any I have ever seen.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/161 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.