IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 360.
#751 8 years ago

pic is posted on the This Flippin Podcast FB page that Tsskinne and I do.

We were asked to remove the picture from our Facebook page and out of respect to Pinball and not wanting the license to be jeopardized we pulled the picture

#752 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have no idea but guessing it is part of their desire to promote and try out "leaking" of info to see how that works for promotional purposes. Put it out to a few people and let it go from there?

Of course it was an intentional Stern leak. Just look at the timing. Late afternoon on Fridays is when they typically release big news and code updates. They are trying to create buzz and take away some of JJP and Spookys thunder who both had big news this week. Intentionally leaking creates more buzz and discussion then a planned release and Jared knows this.

#753 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

On the strength of an picture of unconfirmed artwork?
Brave man.
rd

Stop it with all of the negative waves

#754 8 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Yeah, the more I look at it the more I like it and I think this works positively for Stern's next title. Stern knows that the cat is out of the bag on Ghostbusters. What if someone in Stern marketing did this to dangle the carrot a bit more and it helped continue the conversation about their next game, when the place was buzzing with Rob Zombie and The Hobbit talk? A backglass image could be something to prompt a hobbyist to allocate their pin funds to the next Stern game or hold off on any other purchase.

That's what I just did. Pin funds moving to Ghostbusters! I've been waiting for GB pin all of my pinball life, lol. It's the one theme that I'm surprised was never made into a pin and with many of its fans at an age where they can afford to buy a pinball machine the timing couldn't be better.

Hand drawn artwork by Zombie Yeti? Custom callouts by at least of the original actors? Licenses music? Hopefully a cool feature / toy set and layout. This game has the potential to be an amazing pin. Let's hope Stern delivers...especially on code!

#755 8 years ago

To me it is a bit much to think that Stern cares enough about 300 Rob Zombies or that the year-long build for fulfilling Hobbit pre-orders has started. Enough for them to think they can scuttle some possible sales by leaking art.

STERN probably loses more by people not buying THEIR games (available ones) and waiting for GB, more than hurting those companies.

#756 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Of course it was an intentional Stern leak. Just look at the timing. Late afternoon on Fridays is when they typically release big news and code updates. They are trying to create buzz and take away some of JJP and Spookys thunder who both had big news this week. Intentionally leaking creates more buzz and discussion then a planned release and Jared knows this.

Smart move. RZ is instantly yesterday's news. To do it on the day RZ's deposits are do is effin genius. Again Stern is the only pros making machines and they are battling the competition, not acting like "for love of pinball" softies.

#757 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

To me it is a bit much to think that Stern cares enough about 300 Rob Zombies or that the year-long build for fulfilling Hobbit pre-orders has started. Enough for them to think they can scuttle some possible sales by leaking art.
STERN probably loses more by people not buying THEIR games (available ones) and waiting for GB, more than hurting those companies.

I agree but I also think Gary wants to stick it to the other players. 300 or not. He's a business man. He sees RZ as 1.8 million that could be his. It's that simple.

#758 8 years ago

Well, the other issue with this narrative is apparently this image has been around for months, people have seen it for some time, and was posted on Pinside before. So it has been leaked for a while. Can't really say it was timed for this week.

#759 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Well, the other issue with this narrative is apparently this image has been around for months, people have seen it for some time, and was posted on Pinside before. So it has been leaked for a while. Can't really say it was timed for this week.

Good point. Could have just been a fanboy wanting to create some drama. Either way, it's working.

#760 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Yeah, a pinside OG has had a piece of the leaked artwork as his avatar for at least a couple months now.. It was really obvious what it was if you looked. I always meant to PM him and ask about it. I'm sure a ton of people did.

#761 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

There's been an awakening in pinball. Art looks cool. One thing to remember is JPOP is an amazing art director. He has no idea how to make a machine, but he knows how to design and art direct. No art has even come close to his zidware machines.
i agree with Ted. Spooky's RZ is gonna get compared to some beautiful new machines and if prices are on par, I can see a lot of people jumping ship, even after putting their deposit down.

Missing the point. RZ is a unique theme at a true LE level so it will be a collectable, unlike Stern's or JJP.

It is way more risky though.....

#762 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I agree but I also think Gary wants to stick it to the other players. 300 or not. He's a business man. He sees RZ as 1.8 million that could be his. It's that simple.

No, don't agree!

RZ was going to sell out no matter what.

240 out of 300 were gone before deadline.

400 waiting to claim maybe 50 spots.

Stern are more worried about JJP as he has big investment and a Pat Lawlor game after Hobbit.

#763 8 years ago

The pic and supposed description of cab art are on reddit.com/r/pinball for anyone who thinks the game will be cancelled due to posting leaked art.

#764 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That's what I just did. Pin funds moving to Ghostbusters! I've been waiting for GB pin all of my pinball life, lol. It's the one theme that I'm surprised was never made into a pin and with many of its fans at an age where they can afford to buy a pinball machine the timing couldn't be better.

Hand drawn artwork by Zombie Yeti? Custom callouts by at least of the original actors? Licenses music? Hopefully a cool feature / toy set and layout. This game has the potential to be an amazing pin. Let's hope Stern delivers...especially on code!

Ya know all of what you say is true for me also. Back when the original movie came out people associated with the movie were putting up GB cardboard posters, just the ghost in the circle with the line through it on phone poles all over town. My friend followed them for a while and when they would put up a sign he would go and take it down when they were out of sight. He got about 30 and gave me one which I still have. I'll post a picture of it when I find it.

#765 8 years ago

Deleting the pic reminds me of something the Chinesse government would do. The pic is all over other forums, what's the point?

#766 8 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Stern are more worried about JJP as he has big investment and a Pat Lawlor game after Hobbit.

No one is worried about a hypothetical game that if it were to be produced wouldn't ship until Q4 2017.

#767 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

We were asked to remove the picture from our Facebook page and out of respect to Pinball and not wanting the license to be jeopardized we pulled the picture

Who asked you to do that?

#769 8 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

No one is worried about a hypothetical game that if it were to be produced wouldn't ship until Q4 2017.

From the comments here I'd say your wrong on that call.

#770 8 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

We were asked by stern employees to do so.

So that must mean that the game is a for sure GO then?

#772 8 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Missing the point. RZ is a unique theme at a true LE level so it will be a collectable, unlike Stern's or JJP.
It is way more risky though.....

What about alians LE only 500 being made

#773 8 years ago

Ready to make a screenshot???? 1....2...3....

#774 8 years ago

This is like trying to put the smoke back in a blown cap.

#775 8 years ago

SAVE SAVE SAVE!!! concepts.jpgconcepts.jpg

#776 8 years ago

Cant shove this cat back in the bag
[Image removed by Pinside Staff]

Moderator Note: This user has been permanently ejected for willfully ignoring Pinside Staff.

#777 8 years ago
Quoted from no-extra-balls:

Cant shove this cat back in the bag

Party pooper...

#778 8 years ago

Its silly to think removing it from every post will do anyone any good. Even more so when jared leaked it on purpose.

#779 8 years ago

Official news must be close .....

#780 8 years ago

Should be fun to see the official Stern response to all of this.

#781 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

"Pinball?"

Capitalized... must be like God...

Or Santa.

Weak.

-Mark

#782 8 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

SAVE SAVE SAVE!!! concepts.jpg

Neat topper, I like this tl best.....but you forgot the lcd. Or is this the Pro version.

#783 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Its silly to think removing it from every post will do anyone any good. Even more so when jared leaked it on purpose.

That jerad is a sly sob aint he.

#785 8 years ago

Warehouse Stern for the topper.

18n74sc6fht26jpg.jpg18n74sc6fht26jpg.jpg

#786 8 years ago

jared alt account*

#787 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I don't doubt what you just wrote, but why is someone who "has a Stern email address" sending out images for unannounced games, wanting them to be widely distributed?

That is the best way to cancel any excitement JJP was generating about starting to put The Hobbit assembly line together.

If JJP would have made the announcement last week, the picture would have been leaked last week.

Nothing is leaked by Stern, unless they want it to.

#788 8 years ago
Quoted from marcos:

"Pinball?"
Capitalized... must be like God...
Or Santa.
Weak.
-Mark

The message was voice recorded, not sure why it capitalized Pinball.

I've been asked to not post stuff before, and obliged the request, by Spooky and JJP If there is a conspiracy it's all of them against us, not just Stern.

#789 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Nothing is leaked by Stern, unless they want it to.

But it was leaked a few weeks ago. That image is old news to me. I just know how to shut up about it.

(And by the way...IMHO it looks like the winner of an eighth grade art contest. Has nowhere near the skill or finesse of the GOT LE hand drawn art.)

#790 8 years ago

Only likely reason for takedowns of the backglass are that Stern has contacted pinside and asked to take it down(dcma)

IJS its all over the internets...

https://www.instagram.com/niftyled/

#791 8 years ago

This doesnt appear to be approved artwork..
The below disclaimer is not present on the current Translite.

- GHOSTBUSTERS is a trademark of COLUMBIA PICTURES INDUSTRIES, INC.. (1984),

Hmm

#792 8 years ago

Maybe just a leak to let us know it is next game for sure and to start saving for this, as opposed to maybe a Hobbit or Alien or BL? RZ is all but sold out and it is an 18 month project so they are good whatever.

#793 8 years ago

How come no one's mentioned the fact that movie studios almost universally dislike illustrations over using movie assets?

Wouldn't a Ghostbusters game be just like *every single Stern* and use Photoshopped stills?

#794 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

How come no one's mentioned the fact that movie studios almost universally dislike illustrations over using movie assets?
Wouldn't a Ghostbusters game be just like *every single Stern* and use Photoshopped stills?

It appears most games that have strict requirements coincide with a release date that is reasonably close to the release date of the movie. In this case, the Ghostbusters movie this art is referencing is about 30 years old.

#795 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

But it was leaked a few weeks ago.

Yep, everyone big in the scene had already seen it, so a widespread "leak" was the perfect water for JJP's fire.

#796 8 years ago

If Ghostbusters is a real game, it will be my second pin. Probably a 2017 purchase.

#797 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Yep, everyone big in the scene had already seen it

...and me.

#798 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Licensed Ghostbusters merch has been interpreted in a million different styles. Besides the logo, I'm assuming they don't have an official style guide - so they let companies be creative.

#799 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Its silly to think removing it from every post will do anyone any good. Even more so when jared leaked it on purpose

It was more about bad timing, cause i worked 15 minutes on that picture.

#800 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

But it was leaked a few weeks ago. That image is old news to me. I just know how to shut up about it.
(And by the way...IMHO it looks like the winner of an eighth grade art contest. Has nowhere near the skill or finesse of the GOT LE hand drawn art.)

Ya I've had that pic for three weeks also lol... I new it was only a matter of time before someone shared it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 103.00
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.